Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Docjowles posted:

They canceled the Siciliano RedZone so it’s all Hanson now (as god intended :colbert:)

Thank Christ that's good news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I didn’t even know there was another Redzone

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
If I had Redzone I would get nothing done on Sunday. I still don't, but at least I don't have Redzone.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I can’t imagine playing fantasy football without Redzone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My cable comes with redzone but not the individual games of full on Sunday ticket and I feel like I miss nothing. I watch Chiefs games when they are on, and lately they usually are, which is nice.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Giants make me so miserable I just watch RedZone who show me anything that matters.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

The Giants make me so miserable I just watch RedZone who show me anything that matters.

:same:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I doubt this will gather much interest since I feel like most of you enjoy more unique league settings but is anyone interested in a very basic stock yahoo redraft league? I don’t usually do money leagues but $5 would be fine. Or we could do prizes of some sort.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

If I had Redzone I would get nothing done on Sunday. I still don't, but at least I don't have Redzone.

I went with NFL Sunday Ticket this year.

There's not a chance I'll be "productive" on Sundays. Whatever that means, anyway.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I decided to accept. Tyreek can be kept two more times, so can Devonta, but ETN and Deebo can only be kept once more before they go back in the pool.

Also I just want to consolidate the roster spot for a single elite player and get that 2nd back. We have our RFA auction tomorrow so I could very well walk away with AJ Brown, Mark Andrews, or Henry now that I freed up a bit of salary cap.

So re: this. I ended up with AJ Brown but it was most of my remaining budget so I’m walking into the season with Pollard, Tyreek, AJB, and… Evan Engram.

My first round pick will either be Saquon, Chubb, Adams or Diggs so not too bad of a start but hopefully my gamble works out getting Tyreek and AJB in a 3 WR format even if it means settling for Engram at TE.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm pretty high on Engram if he can stay healthy. That's a big if though.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

would forgo engram and just wait for kincaid, laporta, hurst, or a few others.

unless you’re getting kelce, andrews, hockenson, or waller, just wait and grab a high upside guy late.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 16, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

abelwingnut posted:

unless you’re getting kelce, andrews, hockenson, or waller, just wait and grab a high upside guy late.

I would not group Waller in with those guys.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

abelwingnut posted:

Engram is a high upside guy, though. He was TE 5 in my TE Prem league. Dougpie P loves his TEs and he will likely have a better year this year with the Urban Meyer stink not ruining the first half of their season.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

I would not group Waller in with those guys.

why's that? when healthy, waller's been great. and now with the giants, he's about the only veteran, trustable, nfl-proven receiving threat they have outside of barkley. yes, i'm high on hiatt, but he's still a rookie. also, jones seems like the exact kind of qb who is a tight end away from finding a next level. he's not a deep guy at all. plus, tons of reports out of camp about how in sync jones and waller are. that could just be buzz.

i don't know, the situation seems near-perfect for waller. i'd certainly take him over, like, pitts, where there's a complete lack of track record, an even more questionable qb, and more receiving threats to contend with.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Engram is a high upside guy, though. He was TE 5 in my TE Prem league. Dougpie P loves his TEs and he will likely have a better year this year with the Urban Meyer stink not ruining the first half of their season.

yea, he does have some upside, but it's limited imo given the number of other receiving threats. he has to contend with ridley, kirk, zay, etienne, and bigsby. there's a lot there for lawrence to throw to. would rather get someone later who has more upside, i suppose.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 16, 2023

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

"When healthy" is doing a whole lot of heavy lifting in that statement.

There's no next level for Danny. This is it. Inaccurate running QB who's gonna get a good coach fired.

Waller is camp hype.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

abelwingnut posted:

yea, he does have some upside, but it's limited imo given the number of other receiving threats. he has to contend with ridley, kirk, zay, etienne, and bigsby. there's a lot there for lawrence to throw to. would rather get someone later who has more upside, i suppose.
I'm not trying to argue, just share my thoughts/the other side of the coin. Even with decent WRs on the roster and available, TEs in Doug Pederson's prior offenses feasted. It is why Zach Ertz is on the map. Zay is a nobody and yes Etienne should get his, but last year, "his" was 35 whole receptions (on 45 targets); I could see Etienne and Bigsby combining for maybe 50 catches. Maybe. I think the receiving options in that offense are Ridley (if he is actually back), Kirk, then Engram.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
All things considered, after blowing the budget on AJB my only other decent options were Engram, McKinnon, or Isaiah McKenzie.

Figured it would be easier to drop the remaining salary on a TE so I wouldn’t have to burn a draft pick on one since MAndrews, Kelce, and Goedert are all being kept.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

abelwingnut posted:

why's that? when healthy, waller's been great. and now with the giants, he's about the only veteran, trustable, nfl-proven receiving threat they have outside of barkley. yes, i'm high on hiatt, but he's still a rookie. also, jones seems like the exact kind of qb who is a tight end away from finding a next level. he's not a deep guy at all. plus, tons of reports out of camp about how in sync jones and waller are. that could just be buzz.

Waller is over 30 and played 20 games his last two years. 58% of games started at that age is not when guys breakout.

abelwingnut posted:

Rookie tight ends historically do badly. Anyone drafting Kincaid or LaPorta are using bad process. Both guys are great dynasty prospects and I absolutely love the talent, but do not draft these guys.

Whoreson Welles posted:

All things considered, after blowing the budget on AJB my only other decent options were Engram, McKinnon, or Isaiah McKenzie.

Figured it would be easier to drop the remaining salary on a TE so I wouldn’t have to burn a draft pick on one since MAndrews, Kelce, and Goedert are all being kept.

How much does Engram cost to keep? That's the real question. If it is under $5, he's fine as a flyer.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

How much does Engram cost to keep? That's the real question. If it is under $5, he's fine as a flyer.

Yeah literally kept for $1 at the end. Now the real question is as keepers get locked and I look at our draft, I may have to decide between Davante Adams and Mahomes at 1.05. I thought for sure I was getting Chubb or Saquon but now that I see who others are keeping, both of those RBs will probably be gone in the first 4 picks.

My only argument for Adams is Lamar and Burrow might be available at 2.06, but drat it would be nice to have Mahomes, Tyreek, AJB and Pollard to start off with.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

Yeah literally kept for $1 at the end. Now the real question is as keepers get locked and I look at our draft, I may have to decide between Davante Adams and Mahomes at 1.05. I thought for sure I was getting Chubb or Saquon but now that I see who others are keeping, both of those RBs will probably be gone in the first 4 picks.

My only argument for Adams is Lamar and Burrow might be available at 2.06, but drat it would be nice to have Mahomes, Tyreek, AJB and Pollard to start off with.

Engram for $1 is fantastic. As mentioned by AAA earlier, Pederson relies on his tight ends a ton. And Engram's problem has always been health, not talent. When he's on the field, he produces. His risk is built into that price, but I think he has more upside than Waller. Mainly because of scheme and TLaw>Danny Dimes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russell Gage lost for the season in practice

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Russell Gage lost for the season in practice
And nothing of (fantasy) value was lost. I feel bad for the dude though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Burks might be done too, which will make me very sad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don't worry Dr. Catchers' Mitt For A Face is on it.

https://twitter.com/DrJesseMorse/status/1691885838676693469

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

:drat: but also I can’t argue with your characterization

That sucks hope it’s not super serious, dude already missed most of his rookie year with various things. If he’s out, Hopkins (and Chig?) stonks going up I guess

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Twitter doctors are inherently untrustworthy to me. Not saying he's wrong. Just saying you don't need a medical degree to know what a non contact lower body injury means.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sataere posted:

Twitter doctors are inherently untrustworthy to me. Not saying he's wrong. Just saying you don't need a medical degree to know what a non contact lower body injury means.

one of the most "preeminent" ones on twitter is the total quack and former Chargers doctor who actively tried to murder the entire team for like 15 years

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Establish the Run podcast had a good interview with Stephania Bell last month about how much it's possible for Twitter doctors to actually diagnose. I know she herself is a Twitter/TV/podcast doctor from ESPN which is like the Wal-Mart of fantasy analysis but I enjoyed her perspective and her takes felt pretty reasonable. A lot of it was a veiled "yeah there's no fuckin way to know that, especially if you aren't personally treating the guy, and anyone saying they do know is lying".

ETR is also good content in general, although I can't justify the cost of their paid stuff

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Poque posted:

one of the most "preeminent" ones on twitter is the total quack and former Chargers doctor who actively tried to murder the entire team for like 15 years

Yeah, he blocked all of Football Absurdity on Twitter because one of our writers made some passing comment about him and he started reaching out to us asking us to do something and we chose the route of public mockery.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That Twitter doctor drinks, man. Some guys you can smell the Wild Turkey through the internet

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Yeah, he blocked all of Football Absurdity on Twitter because one of our writers made some passing comment about him and he started reaching out to us asking us to do something and we chose the route of public mockery.

Ohhhh, THAT guy. Lol, his assistant or whatever pm'ed like every single one of us DEMANDING we fire our "employee" like we have an actual HR department or something and it wasn't popular consensus that that dumb doctor was horrible at his job and almost killed Tyrod Taylor.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ohhhh, THAT guy. Lol, his assistant or whatever pm'ed like every single one of us DEMANDING we fire our "employee" like we have an actual HR department or something and it wasn't popular consensus that that dumb doctor was horrible at his job and almost killed Tyrod Taylor.

If it was David Dao or whatever, he was gone for Tyrod, which is not a good indication of the Chargers as an org! This guy tried to murder Drew Brees, et al.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

If it was David Dao or whatever, he was gone for Tyrod, which is not a good indication of the Chargers as an org! This guy tried to murder Drew Brees, et al.

Oh, my!

:siren:Goons:siren: if you've ever wanted to try an auction league, Sataere and I are running back our Intro to Auction leagues for players new to the format

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4039551&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post533938829

Sataere and I live-stream the draft giving loads of advice to everyone on their best strategies for roster construction.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I called David Chao "the stone worst" and that dude DMed our twitter account... so he DMed me about me lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol

Also which one of you fuckers keeps showing up in my Underdog drafts as "Goonprodigy"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

How do feel about James Cook this year? He started really slow last year but the second half of the season he had some decent games and seems to have some opportunity this year.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How do feel about James Cook this year? He started really slow last year but the second half of the season he had some decent games and seems to have some opportunity this year.

There are a couple RBs who I grabbed last year and didn’t end up keeping/starting, but definitely going to be looking at them again this year. Cook is one of them, the immediate fumble on his first NFL carry was a big lol but he definitely has talent and he showed it in flashes last season.

Rachaad White is another guy I’m going to be looking for late again.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

There are a couple RBs who I grabbed last year and didn’t end up keeping/starting, but definitely going to be looking at them again this year. Cook is one of them, the immediate fumble on his first NFL carry was a big lol but he definitely has talent and he showed it in flashes last season.

Rachaad White is another guy I’m going to be looking for late again.

I would rather have White over James Cook atm, the vibes are off in Buffalo so far and every defense in the AFC East looks obnoxious for RBs to play against. Also Fournette is a Raven now.

e: James Cook the other one's on the Jets

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh, my!

:siren:Goons:siren: if you've ever wanted to try an auction league, Sataere and I are running back our Intro to Auction leagues for players new to the format

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4039551&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post533938829

Sataere and I live-stream the draft giving loads of advice to everyone on their best strategies for roster construction.

I’d love to be a part of this but don’t know if I can commit to the draft time, unfortunately.

Is there anywhere to do mock auction drafts for free? I don’t suppose so but it’s free to ask.