Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

much better

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

those are just as bad. tiny blade, giant crossguard, v poorly made

also it's plywood

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

https://megatonsword.bandcamp.com/album/might-power

Those goobers are pretty fun imo.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

swords

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

Had that stuck in my head since looking up the photo above and I hope I can inflict it on someone else

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Antigravitas posted:

And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes

Had that stuck in my head since looking up the photo above and I hope I can inflict it on someone else

Joke's on you, now I'm listening to the Arsis cover and you've accidentally brought me joy.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

all this rules and i love when metal is dumb as poo poo and goofy

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

You know what's better than swords?

Either lightsabers or skullets, I dunno but here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Death to false metal! The new Horrendous album is now streaming and they're hosting a listening party tonight on Bandcamp.

horrendous owns

just gave this my first spin and there are some incredible highs here and i'm looking forward to chewing on the rest for multiple spins

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Bal-Sagoth absolutely rules, and I really should dust up some those albums on my shelf after a long, long while.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Southern Cassowary posted:

horrendous owns

just gave this my first spin and there are some incredible highs here and i'm looking forward to chewing on the rest for multiple spins

I listened twice in a row, it seems less aggressive, somewhat more spacey, than their previous stuff, but these guys are drat good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

horse and sword.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Dimebags Brain posted:

horse and sword.

The self-deprecation levels here are very high.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Varg posted:

I listened twice in a row, it seems less aggressive, somewhat more spacey, than their previous stuff, but these guys are drat good.

i really enjoyed this turn but i could see people being turned off by it

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

The self-deprecation levels here are very high.

Who are you to doubt the sexual tyrannosaurus that is David DeFeis?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Lunsku posted:

Bal-Sagoth absolutely rules, and I really should dust up some those albums on my shelf after a long, long while.

Hell yes they do, really wish they'd put out some more music.

Kull is great and all but not quite the same.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

:worship: :worship: :worship:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I bet there's a little village in estonia or denmark or somewhere where everyone in the village is metal. even the little kids and old people are all dolled up in leather and spikes and fishnet

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

those are just as bad. tiny blade, giant crossguard, v poorly made

Yeah but your dipshit normie sword can't deal 2d6 fire damage or gain +2 vs. demons.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The new Meth song bangs and is pretty different from their older stuff. Way dirtier sounding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsy3w8HUZws

Old Meth is very much in the vein of old Daughters, As the Sun Sets, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmifixeKbJs

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

WoodrowSkillson posted:

as a sword dork the giant "crossguard" on his sword sucks

Post your favorite sword

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Post your favorite sword

Schivonas are dope

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
why do metal dudes wear so much leather? jackets I get but the pants seem kinda sexual fetishy to me, there's no application other than maybe fly fishing I can think of were I'd prefer leather pants to regular pants

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Voice of Labor posted:

why do metal dudes wear so much leather? jackets I get but the pants seem kinda sexual fetishy to me, there's no application other than maybe fly fishing I can think of were I'd prefer leather pants to regular pants

I mean it literally starts with Rob Halford bringing poo poo from the gay BDSM underground into Priest's stage show.

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Post your favorite sword

https://youtu.be/kmfVDqdmTdA

Henchman of Santa posted:

I mean it literally starts with Rob Halford bringing poo poo from the gay BDSM underground into Priest's stage show.

Rob was pretty clear in his autobiography that it wasn’t this - he’s not a leather/bdsm fetishist at all - it was just about searching for a look that matched their heavier sound as they were working on Killing Machine. It’s copying more from motorcycle subculture than leather fetish, not that there isn’t a HUGE overlap between those groups, but I digress…

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF4LKrgZ940

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Voice of Labor posted:

it's because the blacker the clothes the more metal you are OP

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

moxieman posted:

https://youtu.be/kmfVDqdmTdA

Rob was pretty clear in his autobiography that it wasn’t this - he’s not a leather/bdsm fetishist at all - it was just about searching for a look that matched their heavier sound as they were working on Killing Machine. It’s copying more from motorcycle subculture than leather fetish, not that there isn’t a HUGE overlap between those groups, but I digress…

yeah it's more the outlaw biker culture influence, which was already part of a ton of bands' style by the time priest adopted it. even the village people beat them to the punch with glenn hughes in a full leather daddy getup

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

symbolic posted:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

symbolic posted:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
This is also a good kind of Sword

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3Nf00Vkq4

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

But he's a dumbass Nazi, and therefore not metal no matter how much black he wears. He is poser trash.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
he was really nice when i met him

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

he was really nice when i met him

Great. Doesn't change that hes a racist piece of poo poo :shrug:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
showing that i am a false. who is that

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Is that Darken or some other bm dork?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

szary posted:

Is that Darken or some other bm dork?

Yes it's Rob Darken, racist doofus and lovely black metal musician.