Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

I love the hillary avatars all over SA because it's a great way for me to quickly know that person is probably not a piece of poo poo. They're also funny.

hey c'mon let's be serious i'm still a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

I love the hillary avatars all over SA because it's a great way for me to quickly know that person is probably not a piece of poo poo. They're also funny.

Post history went AV status

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

hey c'mon let's be serious i'm still a piece of poo poo

I don't think you were Hilldawged by the original culprit :colbert:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/clashreport/status/1691820340890980464
For the record, he died of illness.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
a case of defenestrationitis or polonium teaitis?

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m a piece of poo poo where is my Hillatar

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Defmon doesn't seem to think they would move artillery either. Any reason why?
https://twitter.com/DefMon3/status/1691813789446914550

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Willo567 posted:

They aren't really similar statements, but Defmon gives the highly summary answer right there - too close to the front line. Artillery delivers hits from far away and can't really defend itself directly. Putting it too close to the front line risks losing it (whether captured or destroyed). Artillery does move forward as the front line moves forward, but they probably won't be positioned in Robotyne until the front line is well beyond Robotyne and it is considered safe.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
With regards to the DPRK/North Korean arms shipments, I have to wonder if the quality of their product is better than the stuff they used for their propaganda pieces. I recall seeing one a few years ago and while the audio was dubbed you could still visibly see numerous misfires and jams in their wildly-firing automatic rifles.

Of course, they could have been using ancient stockpiled ammo for this and not (presumably) more reliable, newer stuff...but if I was a mobik watching those reels I'd get me some dinosaur head grabber sticks to handle those munitions at arms' length.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
It makes it too vulnerable and adjacent to those heights are probable minefields making it hard to do fire and move missions. They can hit targets in Tokmak with MLRS if needed (not even needing HIMARS for this, regular MLRS would have the range if not very accurate, but remember most of Ukraine's rocket artillery is Soviet/Russian anyway, they don't have many western HIMARS systems) OR they can use cruise missiles. They have a lot of options that they can take that don't put highly valuable artillery pieces at risk

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

Willo567 posted:

I read recently that the longer-ranged ukranian artillery was based over the river and out of range of the shorter-ranged russian artillery in the area, so it could operate freely without getting hit by counterbattery fire

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Fabulous Knight posted:

Re: Hillary talk. I like how the avatars are not even of Biden, who is, like.... the one sending over all the weapons. No, it is of course Hillary Clinton behind it all.

$500 wasted on Hilary(i can only assume their thought process is stuck in a previous election cycle) pics resulting in a pile of confused/happy Europeans... life is strange. :homebrew:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Sashimi posted:

The funniest part was some people paid to get rid of them, only for our friend to give them back their proper Hillary avatar hours later. There had to have been a Hillary Clinton avatar spreadsheet to organize this.

It takes a village

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Mederlock posted:

I don't think you were Hilldawged by the original culprit :colbert:

STOP LOOKING AT ME

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

STOP LOOKING AT ME

i'm not looking

but i am touching your half of the back seat

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Schweinhund posted:

It takes a village

Good thread title there.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just Another Lurker posted:

$500 wasted on Hilary(i can only assume their thought process is stuck in a previous election cycle) pics resulting in a pile of confused/happy Europeans... life is strange. :homebrew:

How are you not seeing how owned and noob and lib you are??

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

actually, having a hillary avatar is fail and liking it is cringe

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

spankmeister posted:

actually, having a hillary avatar is fail and liking it is cringe

AV purchaser spotted!

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant
Good essay on R forum neighbours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=017WGzJ5fHA

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
They will never get the deposit back on that now.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fumble posted:

They will never get the deposit back on that now.

We've lost our moral high ground :(

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

no i think standing on top of that makes it the regular high ground

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

The cages work against lancets and drone dropped grenades. They don't work against javelins etc. which is what the Russians originally started using them for

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1691868794061291868
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691868791473316127.html

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
When you waste your shells on hospitals, schools and appartment blocks

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
this is my third hillary

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
none of you shitlibs even comprehend how masterstroked you've all been with the hillaryappening

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a hilldawg

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Avatar purchaser: please pm me your discord, i wanna be a fly on the wall when you self-congratulate for another successful hillary-ing

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

"Rogozin reports major shortcomings" :lol:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Philonius posted:

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a hilldawg
Tired: Corncobbed
Wired: Hilldogged

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

tiaz posted:

They aren't really similar statements, but Defmon gives the highly summary answer right there - too close to the front line. Artillery delivers hits from far away and can't really defend itself directly. Putting it too close to the front line risks losing it (whether captured or destroyed). Artillery does move forward as the front line moves forward, but they probably won't be positioned in Robotyne until the front line is well beyond Robotyne and it is considered safe.

Yeah, I mean I'm no expert, but the front apparently looks like this (Deep State map):

If the Ukrainian artillery currently can't reach Tokmak from somewhere far enough from the contact line, they're not going move it into the pocket near Robotyne either.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

eh, he have warts :commissar:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Is there no end to the smoking near windows crisis? :smith:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I've been slacking as a lib apparently, I got hit with the last wave of avatars but not this one. I want a Hillary too damnit :(

e: lmao perfect timing
https://twitter.com/NewsWire_US/status/1691918707579339231

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

jaete posted:

Yeah, I mean I'm no expert, but the front apparently looks like this (Deep State map):

If the Ukrainian artillery currently can't reach Tokmak from somewhere far enough from the contact line, they're not going move it into the pocket near Robotyne either.

Deep state map is seriously out of date at any given time. Liveua suffers the same.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

She can't keep getting away with this....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hurricane deez nuts, hilldawg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The publicly available maps are good for generalities only, unless the map updates are accompanied by confirmed reports. They tend to lag real events by multiple days, sometimes longer