Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dango Bango posted:

New Day had a long argument that if Jimmy and Jey Uso were born on different days, they wouldn't be twins. I can't say I'm surprised.

(Argument in question)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVkOM8xefVw

lmao big e being the only one who understands how twins work

he's so frustrated

e: oh my god Kofi please be trolling

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CobiWann posted:

What was that quote about "You're dumb and I know Will Ospreay?"

Flip Gordon said something Flip Gordon-y and David Finlay responded "you're the dumbest person I know, and I know Ospreay"

https://twitter.com/THEdavidfinlay/status/1306082313848205313?lang=en

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Flip Gordon said something Flip Gordon-y and David Finlay responded "you're the dumbest person I know, and I know Ospreay"

Still one of the sickest wrestletwitter burns

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Armitage posted:

the way i see it, i assume everyone is a conservative unless otherwise stated. Hasn't steered me wrong yet lol.

Thus my reasoning, It's probably better to askew political talk privately or publicly since you're guaranteed to piss of a lot of people either way.

Also being left wing does NOT mean you can't be a jackass. Cornette falls here

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chinston Wurchill posted:

You might be thinking of ZSJ, not Ospreay, though Will's politics seem to have improved over time (he was known as Billy Brexit for awhile).

Here's some relevant ZSJ merch and a promo.

To be fair to Ospreay, I at least called him Billy Brexit less because he had those sort of reactionary politics & more he just seemed...dumb? Like, he's Essex Man, he used to have the Essex county symbol on his gear, & Essex was very pro-Brexit. 2 of the 5 strongest pro-Brexit areas in the referendum were in Essex, Thurrock & Castle Point. And at the time he kept saying dumb poo poo. So Billy Brexit kind of fit in a broader sense. I don't actually think he was ever pro-Brexit, because he was a wrestler who at the time took a reasonable amount of bookings on the continent & that got a lot harder after Brexit & was always going to.

Mind you, recently read about someone who bought a property on the continent who voted Brexit & was surprised that it meant he couldn't move freely around Europe anymore so gently caress knows about the British public man. The dumbest. Dumb enough to fit in well in a wrestling locker room.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Island Nation posted:

Thus my reasoning, It's probably better to askew political talk privately or publicly since you're guaranteed to piss of a lot of people either way.

Also being left wing does NOT mean you can't be a jackass. Cornette falls here

Yeah, Cornette said something so racist he got fired from a promotion with a Fox News host as champ.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Imagine America had a dad with dementia, that's basically us.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

Sad news about Lacey, I'll always remember her career highlights like

*footage not found*

lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chris James 2 posted:

Speaking of Gordon, there's a story going round that he's bought a house in Florida in hopes that WWE will sign him.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

stab posted:

my boy sami

And what of your boys representing Châteauguay? :ohdear:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of Gordon, there's a story going round that he's bought a house in Florida in hopes that WWE will sign him.

That reminds me, what ever happened to the NXT guy who got that giant WWE tattoo?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He didn’t really get a giant WWE tattoo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

History Comes Inside! posted:

He didn’t really get a giant WWE tattoo

Don't put in the dirt sheets that I was worked!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Grem posted:

Liv Morgan is a hippy, straight up.

considering what most hippies turned into this might not be a particularly strong statement

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tammy 'Sunny' Sytch changed her plea from "Not Guilty" to "No Contest" today in court. As a result, she's looking at potentially 25.5 years in prison. About time to be honest.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/08/16/tammy-sunny-sytch-pleads-no-contest-to-dui-causing-death-could-face-up-to-25-years-in-prison/

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lotta WWE women finally getting their comeuppance

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DarkstarIV posted:

Tammy 'Sunny' Sytch changed her plea from "Not Guilty" to "No Contest" today in court. As a result, she's looking at potentially 25.5 years in prison. About time to be honest.

https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/08/16/tammy-sunny-sytch-pleads-no-contest-to-dui-causing-death-could-face-up-to-25-years-in-prison/

.28 BAC :stonk:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

stab posted:

my boy sami

is Kevin a caqiste

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Kevin Nash the other day said he offered to be the master of ceremonies at Summerslam but “They don’t want this loving liberal anywhere near that show”

Detroit popping for Kevin Nash would almost have made SummerSlam worth watching.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ospreay getting the Billy Brexit nickname was mostly because he had a ton of privilege and posted a whole lot of dumb stuff on his Twitter but he was actively supporting Corbyn's Labour in 2019 so it's a bit much to actually call him a Tory

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Ospreay is a Himbo

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

"No contest" means that technically the charges never happened and while unsatisfying it means Tammy and The Law can go their separate ways and start new programs, right?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Ospreay is a Himbo

hell,

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Ospreay getting the Billy Brexit nickname was mostly because he had a ton of privilege and posted a whole lot of dumb stuff on his Twitter but he was actively supporting Corbyn's Labour in 2019 so it's a bit much to actually call him a Tory

I mean, Corbyn always played footsie with Brexit so the nickname still works

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

"No contest" means that technically the charges never happened and while unsatisfying it means Tammy and The Law can go their separate ways and start new programs, right?

no it means “ok go ahead and gently caress my poo poo up court-wise but I’m not gonna admit to it on paper”

basically just saying you won’t fight the charges anymore without having to say it’s because you’re guilty

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

D.N. Nation posted:

I mean, Corbyn always played footsie with Brexit so the nickname still works

I'd dispute that. He didn't pretend the EU was perfect, which it isn't, admitted it needed reform, which it did as it's explicitly a neoliberal trade group, and then on balance he decided staying in was a better choice than leaving.

Considering the result and considering what a poor job the Remain campaign did with it's completely bloodless, technocratic, complacent and frankly smug campaign, well, I don't think Corbyn was wrong. Aside from failing to grasp how little space there is in taking a nuanced position that the newspaper owners disagree with.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Davros1 posted:

I mean it's a dumb thing to do but honestly what options does he even have left at this point

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

kalensc posted:

And what of your boys representing Châteauguay? :ohdear:

This is the wwe thread my man

Theyre both centrists imo

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

RealityWarCriminal posted:

is Kevin a caqiste

Kevin is a dgafiste

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

History Comes Inside! posted:

no it means “ok go ahead and gently caress my poo poo up court-wise but I’m not gonna admit to it on paper”

basically just saying you won’t fight the charges anymore without having to say it’s because you’re guilty

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

And multi-time WWE Champion Abeyance goes to jail instead.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Sono posted:

And multi-time WWE Champion Abeyance goes to jail instead.

I hear his cellmate Vacant is pretty tough.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I know the thread's already moved on but Sgt Slaughter accusing anyone of Stolen Valor is hilarious

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Love that sting

bartok
May 10, 2006

wrong thread

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol first person that came to mind.

How do you forget CM Punk?

Easy to forget him since he's a landlord and a cop

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

bartok posted:

wrong thread

It's always the right thread to praise Sting

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Easy to forget him since he's a landlord and a cop

hmm. easy to forget those if they don't affect you. i'm watching.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

stab posted:

my boy sami

Yeah, I'd say 'literally cannot go to Saudi Arabia shows for fear of being black bagged due to his charity org in Syria' is cred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, I'd say 'literally cannot go to Saudi Arabia shows for fear of being black bagged due to his charity org in Syria' is cred.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM