Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Idk about the other (bad ) thread but there's a whole lot of sex arse itt

both threads are good actually

just

different

not even apologising for a snipe on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are there not at least three other threads?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

OwlFancier posted:

Are there not at least three other threads?

I've heard tell there are entire forums out there, containing a multitude of threads.

I don't trust it, though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I posted once and all I got was this stupid post

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
nah, you've done it way more than once

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My company is taking us all to Alton towers tomorrow. I shall eat food and play mini golf and go on rolly coasters. Yay.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Failed Imagineer posted:

Idk about the other (good ) thread

chat thread is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In chat thread you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the chat thread motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
SMELLS BUMMY THO :mcrappe:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kecske posted:

chat thread is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In chat thread you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the chat thread motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

what if I hate friends and good times

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tesseraction posted:

Hopefully under a bridge where they get overcome by rodents.

/in extremely Anthony Kiedis voice
Under the bridge downtown
I was attacked by rats

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

/in extremely Anthony Kiedis voice
Under the bridge downtown
I was attacked by rats

[Met Police Commander] Rumours of man-sized rats are entirely false. The victim we found [consults notes] died of natural causes. There is nothing to be worried about.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mebh posted:

My company is taking us all to Alton towers tomorrow. I shall eat food and play mini golf and go on rolly coasters. Yay.

Seems like a bad idea in school holidays. Go on a damp Wednesday in October instead, tiny queues and if you time it right you can even do the Halloween late opening thing

I mean I'd still go if work was paying

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 17, 2023

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

sebzilla posted:

Seems like a bad idea in school holidays. Go on a damp Wednesday in October instead, tony queues and if you time it right you can even do the Halloween late opening thing

I mean I'd still go if work was paying

Hard agree. I went for the first time since I was a kid for my birthday last year (midweek in mid September) and the place was almost empty despite the weather being good. Rode nemesis three times in an hour, Oblivion about the same.

gently caress that was a good day.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kecske posted:

Nah

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

kecske posted:

You can't just say this and not link to it. I didn't even know there WAS another thread.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Julio Cruz posted:

what if I hate friends and good times

Then the uk is the right place for you

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Camrath posted:

Hard agree. I went for the first time since I was a kid for my birthday last year (midweek in mid September) and the place was almost empty despite the weather being good. Rode nemesis three times in an hour, Oblivion about the same.

gently caress that was a good day.

Yeah we did a trip to Alton Towers on a Thursday in September or October for Business Studies. We had a half-hour talk about the business side of running a theme park and learned precisely gently caress-all, then spent about 7 hours just doing whatever in the park. I think me and my mates went on Oblivion 8 times, among lots of other things. Most rides you could go on it, walk straight back around through the empty queue and be back on it again within about 5 mins. Was probably the best "school" day I ever had.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Eh it's a free corporate event. Mostly they trap us in a field somewhere with free booze while management's kids go berserk and you slowly watch all the HR incidents popping off. They already did that this year, so now we go to a different place!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Mebh posted:

Eh it's a free corporate event. Mostly they trap us in a field somewhere with free booze while management's kids go berserk and you slowly watch all the HR incidents popping off. They already did that this year, so now we go to a different place!

We used to have the IT team building thing in an expensive outdoor venue. Then they realised people actually prefer the cheap option of going to the local park for the day, playing some silly games, and going for an amble under some team building pretext.

They discovered this because one year there was no money so they couldn't go to the expensive site, and it turned out everyone had much more fun and were more engaged at the park.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Just find me a nice quiet beer garden or a hotel bar and I'm sorted.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I’ve got a wedding today. What kind of selfish tool books their wedding for a Thursday ffs

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cheaper innit

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Doesn't clash with the football.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I would welcome a weekday wedding invite because then you can just go “oh no couldn’t get the day off sorry mate” instead of having to invent an excuse to not go

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

smellmycheese posted:

I’ve got a wedding today. What kind of selfish tool books their wedding for a Thursday ffs

It always feels to me like a way of passing more of the costs onto your guests.

I went to one when I was in my late 20s where the bride and groom were absolutely delighted that "It was 30% cheaper than a Saturday" - yeah, because you've passed the cost on to me, a self employed contractor who now isn't working on Wednesday/Thursday.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

I dunno, next week I have to go to a three day wedding across the entire bank holiday. Now /that/ is a selfish move. Got three seperate events that I’m having to scramble people to cover rather than just doing them myself.

Also my marriage is Not Doing Well and I’m loving dreading the entire thing emotionally but that’s a whole different kettle of fish.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I got married on a Tuesday because it was cheaper idgaf

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Dodged my cousins wedding that wanted to have it in a church in Italy and 2-3 day weekend stay over. Instead of her home town that was 45 min drive max for most of us.
£1500 per person, and that's not including the suits/dresses, present to the couple, self catering, and whatever else expenses while there.
Got delayed by a few years due to a sickness in the family, and in the end only two per family went(as by that time had saved for it).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Everyone knows that you have to be born on a Monday, christened on a Tuesday, married on a Wednesday, and die on a Saturday.

Very inconsiderate of anyone to do otherwise, messes up the schedules.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

smellmycheese posted:

I think weekend spaces get booked up way in advance so if you want something a bit sooner then weekdays are the only option. also cheaper etc.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I got married on a Saturday, but made half the guestlist travel transatlantic, because gently caress them.

Or to put it another way, I didn't make anyone do anything because people are free to do whatever they want, and everyone had a great time

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

people are free to do whatever they want
Sounds like language that would start a very specific kind of fight.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I haven't gotten married because I dread the idea of a wedding. We really should just go get the paperwork done though.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The pro move is to get married in Turkey. Then it doesn't matter what day of the week it's on because it be dirt cheap bay-bee!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

people are free to do whatever they want, and everyone had a great time

huh, seems Primal Scream were right after all

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E:^^^^ :hmmyes:

Microplastics posted:

The pro move is to get married in Turkey. Then it doesn't matter what day of the week it's on because it be dirt cheap bay-bee!

And you can get the all-inclusive package where they file your teeth down to lil nubs and glue on replacement tictacs !

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
Get that done before the wedding, so you've got perfect pearly whites for all the wedding photos

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
If you get married on a Thursday there's no queues, you can do the whole thing in 5 minutes then just go around again.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Failed Imagineer posted:

And you can get the all-inclusive package where they file your teeth down to lil nubs and glue on replacement tictacs !

I'm getting The Full Gollum deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Michael Parkinson's kicked it.
Def one of the best interviewers.