Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A special division of the courts in the D.R. are investigating the Franco claims now

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1691944879067218409?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Wayne Knight posted:

There should be more gimmick-rear end stadiums.

boooooop now we’ll set the crackers

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mdemone posted:

well that's why he's showing it, you see
but you posit that his wallet is in fact full and ought to be opened to transfer much of it's contents into Ohtani's hand, yes?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

A special division of the courts in the D.R. are investigating the Franco claims now

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1691944879067218409?s=20
His season is over. With this including a legal investigation in the DR, there's zero chance MLB's investigation reaches any conclusion this year. He's going to be in restricted list purgatory the rest of the season like Bauer was in 2021.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

bawfuls posted:

blue is a perfectly acceptable secondary/highlight color and I agree it's thematically appropriate for the land of 1000 lakes

But you need another primary color to set the team apart. Cream doesn't count.

What's wrong with a nice forest green and maybe light blue highlights? All the not-water parts of the state are green as hell, because of the water!

I have no issues with it myself, the main problem is making the green pop against the blue. Green and blue are close enough colors visually that it's hard to make them distinct at a distance without getting really stark in the hues. Which is why red + blue is so popular in the first place, apart from Murica Murica Murica. Red is a nice hot color to stand out on a crisp white field or among cool blue bases.

I will say that on the whole I definitely agree with the premise of "there's too many god drat red + white + blue teams", it does look quite samey.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

After discovering that Zac Gallen and apparently the overwhelming majority of Dbacks players strongly prefer the teal and purple jerseys to the red, I have made some decisions for when I become dictator of MLB:

New Rule: Unless you were using blue and/or red as a primary team color before 1962 along with the same name, you can not use those two colors as primary colors in your palate. Teams formed after that who use one of these colors but also have another color to help differentiate them are ok (Seattle, Milwaukee, Mets, Miami)

This means the following teams must change:

Texas
Tampa
Toronto
Minnesota
KC
Anaheim
Arizona
(Washington)

What should they change to?

Texas - idk some earthy brown cowboy poo poo
Tampa - imagine a tequila-sunrise version of their current faux-throwbacks, so like yellow/orange/light blue
Toronto - Blue Jays is a good name so we have to grandfather them in, but they must stick to powder blue and lean harder into the bird motif, think Oregon football levels of feathers and poo poo
Minnesota - I know they're the Senators but they left the name in DC so they gotta leave the colors too. New primary color is a nice forest green, like the Rockies city connects
KC - purple and gold, traditional colors of royalty. I want gold crown-like hats with purple jerseys
Anaheim - this one's tough, maybe white and gold? Definitely need halos on the hats and wings on the jersey though
Arizona - back to their already-perfect original teal & purple
Washington - they can stay red if they change their name back to Senators, I guess

Some random-rear end dude sent us a letter that suggested red/blue were played out and we should change our colors to kelly green or purple and now I know who sent it.

I still have it somewhere, I'll try to dig it up lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bawfuls posted:

but you posit that his wallet is in fact full and ought to be opened to transfer much of it's contents into Ohtani's hand, yes?

he's taken it out of the wallet in order to show to the fans "hey look I ain't got nothing"

when we know that he does.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Also I'm going to post our home alts anyway because they're so dang good. Don't ask me why Jose Miranda is wearing bright red sneakers, I cannot explain.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bawfuls posted:

approximately *ahem* ONE BILLION DOLLARS

yes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bawfuls posted:

His season is over. With this including a legal investigation in the DR, there's zero chance MLB's investigation reaches any conclusion this year. He's going to be in restricted list purgatory the rest of the season like Bauer was in 2021.
That's my assumption, yeah. He is more than likely not going to play in the US again.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

am I losing my mind, or did Adam Wainwright play like one year on another central team and went back to St Louis?

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 17, 2023

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

bawfuls posted:

I'm taking this photo to be taken at the press conference letting the world know that he has emptied his wallet to keep Ohtani, who is just off camera.

Ippei is forklift certified and is hauling the cash as well in this scenario.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Good Dog posted:

I'm taking this photo to be taken at the press conference letting the world know that he has emptied his wallet to keep Ohtani, who is just off camera.

Ippei is forklift certified and is hauling the cash as well in this scenario.

also an acceptable interpretation of my art

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mr. Fix It posted:

posting reggie sexson having his home run robbed by a flagpole again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uFSAzTld3Y

The Hill is was one thing, but how did the flag pole get approved? That's a massive safety risk

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Hill is was one thing, but how did the flag pole get approved? That's a massive safety risk

the whole thing was a loving OSHA violation

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redeye Flight posted:

Also I'm going to post our home alts anyway because they're so dang good. Don't ask me why Jose Miranda is wearing bright red sneakers, I cannot explain.

four of these players are currently not on the roster lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Over/under Shohei season HR: 59.5

I'll take the over if I get plus juice

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

will_colorado posted:

am I losing my mind, or did Adam Wainwright play like one year on another central team and went back to St Louis?

You're losing it, he's been a Cardinal his entire career.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

square in the noots
https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1691970507883573695?s=20

Timby posted:

You're losing it, he's been a Cardinal his entire career.

thank you. I know he came up with Atlanta but never played in the big leagues there, so I'm not completely gone yet. Is there another Cardinals good starting pitcher that was his peer that went away for a year and came back?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
looks like it missed the noots and hit the bar

the way they say "oh" and immediately start clearing their throats

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Redeye Flight posted:

I have no issues with it myself, the main problem is making the green pop against the blue. Green and blue are close enough colors visually that it's hard to make them distinct at a distance without getting really stark in the hues. Which is why red + blue is so popular in the first place, apart from Murica Murica Murica. Red is a nice hot color to stand out on a crisp white field or among cool blue bases.

I will say that on the whole I definitely agree with the premise of "there's too many god drat red + white + blue teams", it does look quite samey.
That's why you go dark green with a light blue as highlight/accent color

Redeye Flight posted:

Imagine this exact same thing but it's a dark green instead, now it looks less generic

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 17, 2023

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Redeye Flight posted:

I still love these.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It happened

The Yankees have dipped below .500

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intruder posted:

It happened

The Yankees have dipped below .500

yeah braves!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reid Detmers is six innings into doing A Thing

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's surreal to think that this is the worst Yankees team since I was a preschooler.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

Reid Detmers is six innings into doing A Thing

You mean like a No Hitter?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

You mean like a No Hitter?

The loving rear end in a top hat announcers kept talking about it

Gubicza should know better

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mdemone posted:

The loving rear end in a top hat announcers kept talking about it

Gubicza should know better

ahyuck

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:rip: nono

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Mr. Fix It posted:

ichiro's in the all-star game was one too

https://youtu.be/OiwO2BjcweU

the carom on raley's was a lot more impressive

ASG uniforms like this are superior to the modern pajamas in every way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

ballparks used to have flag poles in play so it was considered "old school"

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
N: CUBS

V: CUBS

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MY SON

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Morel Victory

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1692001884737777835

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bregor posted:

N: CUBS

V: CUBS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

but more importantly, the Astros won and gained a game in the AL West

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

but more importantly, the Astros won and gained a game in the AL West

Good poo poo. Now let's see here.....looks like I'll be a Brewers fan next?!? Gross!!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Longer version including his awesome reaction:

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1692002017932136806

You can see a short shot from the drone above the bleachers. The shot of the entire home run from that angle is amazing, but I've only seen it on Marquee, not on Twitter yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Now that's how you celebrate