Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Tuxedo Gin posted:

They were deleted by Reddit itself (probably the automated system mentioned above, triggered by mass reports) rather than deleted by mods.

Another theory is LTT mods asking reddit to remove them administratively to not look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SlowBloke posted:

Another theory is LTT mods asking reddit to remove them administratively to not look bad.

It also happened in the horribly-named-I-mean-come-on PCMR subreddit at the same time.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
Reddit tracks which links are posted on which subreddits, so if an admin or bot at reddit decides that a link is verboten then it'll remove all links to it from all subreddits at once.

For once the mods might not be to blame.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1691960098057605541

This is starting to have an outside chance of reaching escape velocity (for the worse)

remember to resist the urge to QT/reply dunk on these kinds of bluecheck tweets since these insects literally make money from engagement now

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

beep by grandpa posted:

remember to resist the urge to QT/reply dunk on these kinds of bluecheck tweets since these insects literally make money from engagement now

Which means we should screencapture rather than link them, so we don't give them more impressions.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Which means we should screencapture rather than link them, so we don't give them more impressions.

that's reasonable - I've edited my post

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

lmao

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is starting to have an outside chance of reaching escape velocity (for the worse)

Is he the one with the ants?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Randalor posted:

Is he the one with the ants?

yes that's the guy with rich parents (who i'm pretty sure hate him, to their credit) who sleeps on a mattress on the floor and gets ants

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

He is a celebrated right wing American politics and culture commentator who has never left his native Malaysia.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

beep by grandpa posted:

Only from engagement by other bluecheck-havers, I believe? Maybe that changed more recently than I last saw.

Embeds will never make the tweeter money in this model even if they remove the bluecheck-viewer restriction, though, because it’s based on ads displayed in the replies, and embeds don’t show ads. (For now?!?)

Clicking fewer Twitter links is a fine goal for anyone, to be sure, but don’t worry that you accidentally put a few cents in that rear end in a top hat’s pocket unless you’re one of the 800K people paying for blue.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Oh boy, sure am glad this piece of human filth has decided to weigh in on the subject. I'd say what I think should happen to him, but I don't want to eat a probe or a ban.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Only from engagement by other bluecheck-havers, I believe? Maybe that changed more recently than I last saw.

Embeds will never make the tweeter money in this model even if they remove the bluecheck-viewer restriction, though, because it’s based on ads displayed in the replies, and embeds don’t show ads. (For now?!?)

Clicking fewer Twitter links is a fine goal for anyone, to be sure, but don’t worry that you accidentally put a few cents in that rear end in a top hat’s pocket unless you’re one of the 800K people paying for blue.

Yeah I was gonna say some goons are extremely whiney & handwringey in an isufferably douchey way about not in-lining tweets in the Elon thread but as far I know yes most if not all actually revenue comes from bluecheck engagement, so engaging with it on the site via QT/replies could push it into more bluecheck feeds for $$$.

In-lining it on websites afaik the worst it could do is push a bluecheck account closer to its 5mil impressions per month by a couple hundred (the 5mil/mo which would greenlight them for revenue sharing). But I don't really see an issue in-lining twitter links. But drat some goons are loving annoying about it if you do. Not here though thankfully.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah I was gonna say some goons are extremely whiney & handwringey in an isufferably douchey way about not in-lining tweets in the Elon thread but as far I know yes most if not all actually revenue comes from bluecheck engagement, so engaging with it on the site via QT/replies could push it into more bluecheck feeds for $$$.

In-lining it on websites afaik the worst it could do is push a bluecheck account closer to its 5mil impressions per month by a couple hundred (the 5mil/mo which would greenlight them for revenue sharing). But I don't really see an issue in-lining twitter links. But drat some goons are loving annoying about it if you do. Not here though thankfully.

The bigger problem, especially for threads like this, is that sometimes assholes realize they've publicly stepped on a rake and delete the tweet. Screen capping the idiocy is the recommended thing in the TFR "racists and assholes in the firearms industry" thread because it happens a lot: some waste of skin tweets something shockingly racist, transphobic, etc. and then realizes that maybe that wasn't a good idea when their business starts getting flak for it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's only a matter of time before Elon gets involved

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cheong weighing in means we’re about to get an Elon

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

Cheong weighing in means we’re about to get an Elon

oh no

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Dude is a grifter don’t even bother posting his stuff

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rabid Snake posted:

Dude is a grifter don’t even bother posting his stuff

but enough about Linus

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

not a great look atm, youtube and/or whoever this advertiser is!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I’m not sure it was a good look even before

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lol linus owns or in cahoots with redux? Meh I’m pretty god drat happy with my maingear

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Y4UywrDtw

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

They've done sponsor spots for Build Redux. I don't think there is any investment from the LMG side.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

Who knows if his editors will post it, but Asmongold reacted to the LTT stuff on his last stream, so if they do things will flare up a bit. The Asmongold effect on the Youtube algorithm is ridiculous.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/IanCutress/status/1691958819348213784?t=aFrayNCXCDFSuSJrwh4Isw&s=19

Two hours!!!

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

Two hours!!!

lol just why

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Worth noting that Chong rose to prominence by being an early adopter of gamergate. Also like others have said he's one of Musk's hand picked twitter blue payees so he has been posting like crazy trying to get eyeballs. He's even doing the milquetoast open ended question tweets that tends to get a lot of engagement when posted by others.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
The real test for linus's gonna be if he's gonna resist all the chuds flocking to him

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

Two hours!!!

gently caress that.
I don't want to hear 2 hours of opinions from anyone, about anything
these twats are tripping

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Those are some ukelele-grade creator brainworms to think that anyone, even the most hardcore LMG dickriders, would want to watch a two-hour video of someone giving their thoughts on a situation they're not involved in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Its worth remembering that advertisers can promote videos with their name attached to it, Taki Udon did a whole video about it after JSAUX pushed one of his videos like it was an advert for them. So if you do a positive review for a product, the company can then promote that video like it was a sponsored video with direct product purchase links attached.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpc8eiGEU7E

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

Vic posted:

The real test for linus's gonna be if he's gonna resist all the chuds flocking to him

Will Linus go the way of Forgotten Weapons? Embracing the supportive, and smooth talking alt-right?

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

YerDa Zabam posted:

gently caress that.
I don't want to hear 2 hours of opinions from anyone, about anything
these twats are tripping

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah the most depressing thing has been following reddit links over the past few days and seeing how many more LTT apologists are upvoted to the top today compared to after the initial GN video and right after Madison first came out. Like the one about the office meeting clip is just 'sounds like a normal company meeting I don't get it' even on the post about Madison's twitter comments singling out the issues with specific phrasing in the meeting... Felt like the posts there were 100% making GBS threads on Linus 36 hours ago.

Almost feels like it got chud-brigaded but that is sadly giving too much credit to techbro redditors.

The normal decent people post once and say "this is gross I'm not gonna watch LTT anymore" (may or may not follow through), then wander off to pay attention to more important things.

The rear end in a top hat chuds keep posting over and over, until everyone else gives up so they can feel like they've won.

beep by grandpa posted:

Yeah I was gonna say some goons are extremely whiney & handwringey in an isufferably douchey way about not in-lining tweets in the Elon thread but as far I know yes most if not all actually revenue comes from bluecheck engagement

most if not all revenue comes from elon deciding to throw cash at his fascist friends from twitter X's scant remaining bank account, because he 100% knows that it is headed for bankruptcy, and every dollar he gives to these assholes is a dollar he won't be forced to give to the ex-employees suing him over guaranteed benefits.

So TBQH don't bother worrying about it, because there's zero correlation between dropping a sick burn on ant-man, twitter's actual revenue, and how much money elon will sugar-daddy onto halfwits.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnBKX_vdYQI

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJ30Ch0mLmzJH9qX4VsWZUC73YoQqHNkS

10 hours 6 minutes 22 seconds.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

And it's a masterpiece

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

this is the one you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-DtICmPTY

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

man, I love consuming multi-hour retrospectives on stuff for weeks at a time before bed but I just do not get tim rogers at all. I get so bored and annoyed with his style. lots of people whose opinions i respect a lot love him but his stuff just is not for me for whatever reason :frogbon: ive watched all of the 6hr matthewmatosis dark souls commentary prob 3 times

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

It's the better video, but the Cyberpunk 2077 one is still longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Something tells me Ian is going to regret whatever he winds up saying. "Automated testing is hard and Steve was being mean" was at least in his wheelhouse.

beep by grandpa posted:

man, I love consuming multi-hour retrospectives on stuff for weeks at a time before bed but I just do not get tim rogers at all. I get so bored and annoyed with his style. lots of people whose opinions i respect a lot love him but his stuff just is not for me for whatever reason :frogbon: ive watched all of the 6hr matthewmatosis dark souls commentary prob 3 times

He's got a good voice.

The only videos of his I've made it more than halfway through are the FF7 ones.