Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

We should bring Jason into the more modern era and have him doing something like chopping up a bunch of jerkwads at a thinly concealed Fyre Festival type event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Okay but hear me out. What if they continued from Jason goes to Hell with Jason being a deadite and he gets transported back to the Middle Ages by the Necronomicon.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I wish they had been able to use the original Freddy vs. Jason ending with Pinhead. That would've been neat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

As long as the setting is cool you can give me the most thin of plot reasons for Jason being somewhere.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He's a bad one. Jason gets arrested and he has women who are obsessed with him and want to gently caress him so they break him out and he doesn't kill them but falls in love and learns to live his life.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'll tell you what you don't see enough of in horror movies. Water Parks. A real estate development firm buys out Camp Crystal lake and turns it into a Water Park. Friday the 13th : Hot and Wet

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The future? No, we need to go in the other direction: Jason vs. the Argonauts

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

I'll tell you what you don't see enough of in horror movies. Water Parks. A real estate development firm buys out Camp Crystal lake and turns it into a Water Park. Friday the 13th : Hot and Wet

there was some godawful water park movies made in the mid-late 2000's, or 2010's. Piranha DD, that aquaslash movie, maybe something else idk

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hollismason posted:

Friday the 13th should have kept going with the original timeline where the movies were taking place further and further in the future. Jason X was a good start but they should have made Jason takes Mars where the majority of the movie takes place on a starship liner on the way to Mars. Then you have 15 minutes of Jason just being on Mars.

In my Ted Talk I will..

Hollismason posted:

Okay but hear me out. What if they continued from Jason goes to Hell with Jason being a deadite and he gets transported back to the Middle Ages by the Necronomicon.

Jason is The Doom Slayer.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I wish they had been able to use the original Freddy vs. Jason ending with Pinhead. That would've been neat.

I’ll never forget the script treatment that went around for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash where Ash cuts off one of Jason’s hands with his chainsaw arm which gives Jason the immediate idea to just shove his machete into the stump so he can have a cool sharp hand too

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shocks me to my core that Alice from anoes ended up on milf manor

Now there’s a nightmare

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
I think this is relevant to this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDuhoxL16o

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
The Fast and the Friday the 13th

The only thing that can stop Jason is beating him in a car race

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Medullah posted:

The Fast and the Friday the 13th

The only thing that can stop Jason is beating him in a car race

Need a scene where one of the characters gets into a car and it actually starts and they speed away from Jason, thinking they're safe on the highway, then suddenly they look up and BAM, Jason is there right in front of them!!!

They can either swerve off the road or Jason can tank the hit, I don't care. No losing here.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Interesting news: Scottish indie horror outfit Hex Studios is reviving Amicus with plans to release one movie a year under the banner. The first new Amicus movie since 1977 will be a portmanteau movie called In The Grip of Terror and is using story material from the original studio archives. Production begins next month.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Megan Tremethick…

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kazzah posted:

i'll trade you for a slasher movie about the Minotaur emerging in the present day to wreak havoc

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Majkol posted:

I think this is relevant to this thread. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDuhoxL16o

I love nick lutsko and agree we should be on gremlins 8 by now

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kazzah posted:

Mighty Heracles would be delighted by such a formidable opponent

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cU_0evtDQ

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Fantastic ad.

BTW, if anyone hasn't played catch up with season 2, it'll be dropping on Peacock either at the end of September or on October 1st as a lead-in to the new season. (Why they waited a full year between it finishing airing on cable and putting it on Peacock, I have no idea.)

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:sickos:

Been absolutely loving the Chucky series, even if it breaks my heart sometimes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Class3KillStorm posted:

Fantastic ad.

BTW, if anyone hasn't played catch up with season 2, it'll be dropping on Peacock either at the end of September or on October 1st as a lead-in to the new season. (Why they waited a full year between it finishing airing on cable and putting it on Peacock, I have no idea.)

The system seems to either be "latest season goes up a week after it finishes" or "latest season goes up a week before the new season." The problem with the former is obviously that it runs the risk of your audience just skipping it on TV and waiting to binge the whole thing where they can actually make any money. They probably prefer this way because people binging the show in the weeks leading up to the new season works as some viral advertisement and buzz building in theory. For my part I always end up a season behind where I don't see the last season available until the new season is already airing and I've fallen behind again. I'm a bad TV watcher.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope they make it available on syfy’s website now that peacock isn’t bundled in cable packages.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

http://smugfilm.com/NightOfTheLivingDeadMap.jpg

So on this amazing Night of the Living Dead Extended Universe chart, what are some movies worth checking out? For any reason that is, morbid curiosity included. Besides the more well-known, immediate sequels like Dawn, Day, Land or RoTD 1-3.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Nightmare City
Dr Butcher MD

The Blind Dead series

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

So on this amazing Night of the Living Dead Extended Universe chart, what are some movies worth checking out? For any reason that is, morbid curiosity included. Besides the more well-known, immediate sequels like Dawn, Day, Land or RoTD 1-3.

I highly recommend the Tombs of the Blind Dead series. I actually liked them all, I know some people are generally down on Ghost Galleon but I thought it was good.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Absurd with Eastman has some okay scenes / kills i guess and this poster is rad

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Hollismason posted:

13 year old me was not prepared for Toby Hoopers Life-force.

It had a cool VHS cover! And Picard!

You left out nude Mathilda May on purpose, you sneaky bastard.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

The Omega Man.

Man, this movie just has so much more flavor than the Will Smith version.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I highly recommend the Tombs of the Blind Dead series. I actually liked them all, I know some people are generally down on Ghost Galleon but I thought it was good.

seconded, the Blind Dead films are awesome.

Zombie/Zombi 2 is essential.

Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane is actually not bad.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Seconding the Fulci Zombie and the Blind Dead series.

Also gotta throw some love on the Tom Savini remake of Night, proud member of the short list of Actually Good Remakes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WeaponX posted:

As someone who has wayed pretty deep into the "I wonder if this Night of the Living Dead knockoff is worth watching" I can say with confidence that the safe answer 9 out of 10 times is "no." Save yourself.

https://letterboxd.com/goatgonzo/list/knockoffs-of-the-living-dead/

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hollismason posted:

Thankfully you don't have to spend money to watch Aquaslash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPwhDBZlwgk

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lumbermouth posted:

Thankfully you don't have to spend money to watch Aquaslash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPwhDBZlwgk

Well yeah. My Swift Kick In The Balls 5$-stand wasn’t exactly doing brisk business either.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Blind Dead 2 is my favourite. It's a Spanish film that has all the characteristics of classic Italian horror: a small rural village, an abandoned castle, a flashback to medieval times, a corrupt police force, a village idiot, an even dumber mayor, a scandalous love affair, and people drinking whiskey out of Collins glasses for some reason.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Xiahou Dun posted:

Well yeah. My Swift Kick In The Balls 5$-stand wasn’t exactly doing brisk business either.

After M_Sinistrari did all the Amityville movies, I don't make any quality assumptions about what this thread is willing to watch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Halloween Jack posted:

Blind Dead 2 is my favourite. It's a Spanish film that has all the characteristics of classic Italian horror: a small rural village, an abandoned castle, a flashback to medieval times, a corrupt police force, a village idiot, an even dumber mayor, a scandalous love affair, and people drinking whiskey out of Collins glasses for some reason.

Thought that was the MyPillow guy for a sec

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Xiahou Dun posted:

Seconding the Fulci Zombie and the Blind Dead series.

Also gotta throw some love on the Tom Savini remake of Night, proud member of the short list of Actually Good Remakes.

I still love the scene where Barbara interrupts all the arguing by shooting the one zombie over and over again while yelling at them "Is he dead? You're all seeing this, is he dead?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Medullah posted:

Thought that was the MyPillow guy for a sec
There was a lot of coke in those movies, but not onscreen.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 17, 2023