Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I hope they win and people can be held liable for advertising products they cannot prove they love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
suing my ex because it turns out she never loved me

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i need some good luck vibes for interviews. hoping the power of number will save me

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Like hearing back from an old friend :unsmith:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

triple sulk posted:

i need some good luck vibes for interviews. hoping the power of number will save me

Remember to lie!

Number is down for the third day in a row.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I hope everybody loses somehow

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

19 o'clock posted:

the game really is a few different mini games at once. finding grants and “forgivable loans” (ie, grants, eg, PPP) is another fun part.

PPP was loving crazy the past few years.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I think I missed this when it actually happened but congrats to Minnesota goons on living in the 4th state in the country to ban non-competes outright as of July 1 of this year.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/minnesota-governor-signs-labor-funding-noncompete-ban-bill-law

Minnesota joins the list of civilized states: California, Oklahoma, and North Dakota (all of which had laws in place since the 19th century, making this the first state to ban noncompetes in over 120 years)

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

FlapYoJacks posted:

Beep beep. I used to program for Ford, but now I'm working on the assembly line covered in oil while I line up engine blocks for cylinder honing. Why no, nothing could possibly go wrong here!

This is why you'll start to see Fords that have Tesla-style panel gaps

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

maybe california could have a proposition on the anticompetitiveness of no non-competes

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

triple sulk posted:

praise be to number
may you help it soar

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

money printer makin' this man blush!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

triple sulk posted:

Best of luck! Blessing of Number upon you.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

skooma512 posted:

2. Negotiate bills like rent

:hmbol:

And when your landlord laughs at you then you can go on one of those newfangled installment rent plans.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

should I go download this guys book

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
30y mortgage rate now over 7% and also home prices have never been this ludicrous

:shepicide:

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

FistEnergy posted:

30y mortgage rate now over 7% and also home prices have never been this ludicrous

work hard and you can rent part of one

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the best time to get into anything was at least a decade ago

except perhaps aquaculture i think that’s more accessible and profitable now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

And the minute rates go down even an iota house prices are going up instantly lol

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The US intentionally explicitly expanded home ownership both domestically and abroad to encourage a market based housing system and make the general public generally supportive of the capitalist system.

The idea being, (correctly) that people who have at least some kind of ownership stake in the system will be less likely to oppose it; engendering stability.

Did they uh forget all of that? If we just transfer over to corporate serfdom, no one will be vested in poo poo. I guess they just don't care since you can build modern police states in ways that fascist regimes of the past could only dream of.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

triple sulk posted:

i am projecting good luck energy to you. you got this goon

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

wolfs posted:

except perhaps aquaculture i think that’s more accessible and profitable now

what changed

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

triple sulk posted:

The power of Yellen compels you! The power of Yellen compels you! The power of Yellen compels you!

Now go with Number, my child.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The US intentionally explicitly expanded home ownership both domestically and abroad to encourage a market based housing system and make the general public generally supportive of the capitalist system.

The idea being, (correctly) that people who have at least some kind of ownership stake in the system will be less likely to oppose it; engendering stability.

Did they uh forget all of that? If we just transfer over to corporate serfdom, no one will be vested in poo poo. I guess they just don't care since you can build modern police states in ways that fascist regimes of the past could only dream of.

Stochastic terrorism and deaths of despair go brrrrpowpowpow

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Car Hater posted:

Stochastic terrorism and deaths of despair go brrrrpowpowpow

Speaking Stochastic terrorism, it's summer, the hottest ever as a matter of fact. I was told there would be violence and the :coolzone:.

Even in the US we haven't had a huge mass shooting in a little while. That's certainly great and a key victory for Joe Biden Thought, but not what I would have expected.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Speaking Stochastic terrorism, it's summer, the hottest ever as a matter of fact. I was told there would be violence and the :coolzone:.

Even in the US we haven't had a huge mass shooting in a little while. That's certainly great and a key victory for Joe Biden Thought, but not what I would have expected.

no one wants to work anymore

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

yes they forgot or don’t care since it’s the end

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

consumption habits and the availability of tanks and stuff I think

people like shrimp

there was a meme for a while where the gist was “if you aren’t discussing aquaculture with friends then get new friends”

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

skooma512 posted:

school's starting, there'll be more soon before you know it

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Nuclearmonkee posted:

decline of the rate of profit means liquidating and squeezing out more gains from even the very pillars of society. all of the capitalist individuals and orgs who were/are willing to commit to stability get outcompeted this quarter by the meth-head capitalists stripping copper out of the walls. capitalists sell the rope, not because they have rationally chosen to do so, but because the logic and development of capitalism wipes out the capitalists who refuse to sell the rope

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

wolfs posted:

what kind of self employment can you do to suddenly reduce your taxes and junk

what scams do the rich do that can be scaled down besides that consultant -> Mercedes g wagon thing everyone and their mother cites

the PPP moneyhose is gone but what about the SBA and USDA

register a business that contracts out your services. the business tax rate is lower than the individual tax rate, so

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

boss has been interviewing programmers and remarked that "the candidates keep getting older and older"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I'm trying to get an entry level programming job now, moving from *data science*, haven't gotten a single call back except from Epic which proactively reached out to me

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

icantfindaname posted:

I'm trying to get an entry level programming job now, moving from *data science*, haven't gotten a single call back except from Epic which proactively reached out to me
truly epic

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

icantfindaname posted:

they literally can't hire enough people, it's crazy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
forklift certification is actually pretty easy to get. then you can wear the cool forklift driver t shirts and work with Bust Rodd.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Stereotype posted:

the whole being in wisconsin thing is a dealbreaker to many

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Material conditions were so dire in those times the threat of political revolution was an actual credible threat. I'm not saying we won't get there again, but I don't think anyone in a position of power is actually seriously worried about it now. BLM protests and January 6th maybe had some sparks of it, but they both completely fizzled out.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Stereotype posted:

I got an interview, didn't get an offer. I'm pretty sure I did badly on the online programming test though, didn't study enough for it. Oh well, basically every single person I've met who's worked there says it's a like a Japanese POW camp basically

Maed posted:

I'm already in wisconsin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Maed posted:

it's in the dane county bubble though, so it could be worse

icantfindaname posted:

I got an interview, didn't get an offer. I'm pretty sure I did badly on the online programming test though, didn't study enough for it. Oh well, basically every single person I've met who's worked there says it's a like a Japanese POW camp basically

ah bummer. yeah, it's a hard place to work i think. I know a bunch of lifers though, so it does provide a lot of stability i guess