Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I wrote a request to the Nebraska DHHS Epi department general email for access to the wastewater data from my academic email since I couldn't identify a contactperson. I will let this thread know if I hear anything back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pillowpants posted:

Find me an email and I will

Rosalind posted:

I wrote a request to the Nebraska DHHS Epi department general email for access to the wastewater data from my academic email since I couldn't identify a contactperson. I will let this thread know if I hear anything back.

Here's the email for the Nebraska governor's spokesperson who was quoted in the article: laura.strimple@nebraska.gov

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mistermojo posted:

love a good svekolnik (chilled borscht)

reminded of the goon whose kids were super pumped for borscht and then became utterly disgusted when they got it

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the email for the Nebraska governor's spokesperson who was quoted in the article: laura.strimple@nebraska.gov

I'll email her too, but I am fairly certain a governor's spokesperson will have no idea how to actually access the data.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://www.tiktok.com/@_abigailee_/video/7268402671399210283?_t=8evMyCpc4q3&_r=1

I still don't know how to embed tiktok videos through the mobile app

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thanks everyone for the trucking feedback. That makes sense. So it's possible but may result in a lot of drama.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

NeonPunk posted:

https://www.tiktok.com/@_abigailee_/video/7268402671399210283?_t=8evMyCpc4q3&_r=1

You just post the url that ends in the long string of digits, delete all the other stuff after that

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7268402671399210283

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

NeonPunk posted:

at least on iPhone you have to copy link, paste into browser, copy that link then paste into forums

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Indoor Dying posted:

I feel like the low and slow video should be in the OP too still. So much useful info is gone

Yeah, people really don't understand this, the video is extremely helpful.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is carageenan spray supposed to sting? I was using an off brand for a while and it would sting, now I got the flo travel name brand and it doesn't. Am I doing it wrong, either before or now?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
COVID 64

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I've been playing Ocarina on the 3ds and I fired up the original game in an emulator just to see and jesus christ this game runs at, I am not kidding here, 17 frames per second

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
COVID is over

https://twitter.com/wsbgnl/status/1692270054573056501

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
have they ever done droplet tests on the 7 veils

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

icantfindaname posted:

I've been playing Ocarina on the 3ds and I fired up the original game in an emulator just to see and jesus christ this game runs at, I am not kidding here, 17 frames per second

N64 frames per second ftw

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

icantfindaname posted:

how do you count that fast

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

fosborb posted:

how do you count that fast

you can watch Digital Foundry videos on YouTube where they test frame rates of games and get a sense for what 60fps looks like, 30fps, 25fps, 20fps, 12fps, etc

or if you grew up watching a ton of anime you know what 12 and 24fps animation look like and guess what something in between is

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
seventh biggest wave and climbing

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Steve Yun posted:

(..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXZistami3c

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Speaking of reporting data, just check out that pop up on the WHO dashboard lol

https://covid19.who.int/

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

thank god covid is over

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Oldest Man posted:

Theoretically yes but everything being a single-use disposable ended up with people wearing loving garbage bags for PPE and storing disposable n95s in little paper bags between shifts since they were too precious to be thrown away and there was no provision made for like a closet full of elastomerics and paprs in the basement to fall back on when the poo poo hit the fan

sounds inefficient. it's better to rationalize toward just in time PPE provisioning.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

Is carageenan spray supposed to sting? I was using an off brand for a while and it would sting, now I got the flo travel name brand and it doesn't. Am I doing it wrong, either before or now?
No idea broadly speaking but personally I've been huffing the ePothex brand for about a week now and do get some vibrant stinging for maybe ~5 seconds after using the spray.

Steve Yun posted:

Can you share a link to this, or is it on a closed system like bluesky or whatever?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

tangy yet delightful posted:

(..)
Can you share a link to this, or is it on a closed system like bluesky or whatever?

I was gonna try and find it for you on Twitter, but lmao no way anything can be found when the timeline isn't chronological anymore.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

icantfindaname posted:

neither Flonase flo travel nor betadine brand has done this, and I believe they might have the same or higher active ingredient concentration.

never got epothex. but Betadine is a brand name that's been around forever and I trust them a little more probably

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 01:59 on Aug 18, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

No idea broadly speaking but personally I've been huffing the ePothex brand for about a week now and do get some vibrant stinging for maybe ~5 seconds after using the spray.

https://x.com/jpweiland/status/1692307567123546355?s=46

also

https://biobot.io/data/

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

icantfindaname posted:

I don't use any of the sprays myself, but I vaguely recall something in the thread about this being how unsalinated water feels.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Pingui posted:

the timeline isn't chronological anymore

o_0

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Slide deck on BA.X/BA.2.86/BA.6/Danish Variant/Frederiksen Variant/whatever you want to call it (from Bloom Lab):

Pingui has issued a correction as of 01:46 on Aug 18, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

neither Flonase nor betadine brand has done this, and I believe they might have the same or higher active ingredient concentration.

never got epothex. but Betadine is a brand name that's been around forever and I trust them a little more probably

Using Betadine and same, no burning. Betting it’s some cheap preservative.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Yes it was epothex brand. Good to confirm for that one at least

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Good to know. I've taken 2 additional Luciras and gotten a negative each time. That plus my RAT has me feeling a little more confident. I'm still going to go get a PCR at the drive thru 2 hour place I think.

Confirmatory PCR was negative. That's a relief. The pharmacy tech who brought the swab out to my car was wearing a face shield and no mask. Points for effort I guess.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

NeonPunk posted:

Speaking of reporting data, just check out that pop up on the WHO dashboard lol

https://covid19.who.int/

lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Oracle posted:

Using Betadine and same, no burning. Betting it’s some cheap preservative.
here's epothex

quote:

Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium Chloride USP, Disodium Phosphate, Benzyl Alcohol, Monosodium Phosphate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Iota carrageenan

flo travel nasal spray says it's preservative free but don't have the ingredients handy

and here's betadine

quote:

Medicinal Ingredients (per mL) :
Iota-Carrageenan.......1.2mg
Sodium Chloride........0.5%

Non-Medicinal Ingredients:
Carrageenan, water.

so epothex has a ton of preservatives in it. but I can't say if that's good or bad.

Jort Fortress
Mar 3, 2005

My 91yo grandma has been stuck in a nursing home doing rehab the past 2 weeks after breaking her hip at home. Shockingly, both her and my grandpa are now sick with Summer Flu for the first time. Guess my grandpa had it so bad he was hospitalized the last 3 nights, and according to my uncle they didn't even test him for Covid, instead suggesting it might be bronchitis or RSV. They also told my uncle he didn't need to wear his mask in the hospital, lmao.

Thank God for all these tools that are available!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jort Fortress posted:

My 91yo grandma has been stuck in a nursing home doing rehab the past 2 weeks after breaking her hip at home. Shockingly, both her and my grandpa are now sick with Summer Flu for the first time. Guess my grandpa had it so bad he was hospitalized the last 3 nights, and according to my uncle they didn't even test him for Covid, instead suggesting it might be bronchitis or RSV. They also told my uncle he didn't need to wear his mask in the hospital, lmao.

My wife's 99 year old grandma is living just fine at home, by herself, with grocery delivery. She spends her days crocheting, watching the news, and feeding the hummingbirds.

She says that she's going to go to a group home once she hits 100, and I figure that'll be the death of her.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Tulip posted:

Lmao gently caress
:emptyquote:

Sunny Side Up posted:

Fwiw when I took ~24 Luciras in Dec 22 my false positive rate was 8% (and another 8% tests “errored out” flashing the lights, which Lucira refunded).
This scans; LAMP is notorious for its false positives, especially in a pH/colorimetric assay like Lucira's that can't use optical probes to help improve specificity.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jort Fortress posted:

I'm so sorry goon this poo poo sucks :(

Just, so much needless suffering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-NQvRmo3I

Jort Fortress posted:

:( best wishes to your grandparents