Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh so today is the day I ate all that abv weed like an hour ago and I'm getting really high rn.

nice, any idea how much abv you chomped there? I've been using it to round out some of my cannabutter for cookies, it's definitely been bumping up the THC a bit and the CBD content considerably from what I can tell (and from what I'm seeing from my spouse's reactions to them lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious George
Oct 3, 2002
I've got to say if the pax 2/3 isn't getting you high at all and burning your weed you're either not using it right or your tolerance is through the roof??

Haven't used mine in quite a while but I found using the half oven lid, packing it tight and using one of the higher temp settings would work quite nicely. It is much less efficient with the weed than Dynavap though, obvs, and somewhat awkward to clean. Main reason I stopped using it though is because it stopped charging properly on the cradle thing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dervival posted:

nice, any idea how much abv you chomped there? I've been using it to round out some of my cannabutter for cookies, it's definitely been bumping up the THC a bit and the CBD content considerably from what I can tell (and from what I'm seeing from my spouse's reactions to them lol)

no clue, lots.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
WeeD

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I have not been saving my AVB. What temp are you vaping at where the AVB is still doing something? I vape at 392F with my POTV One, and I stop when the bong stops filling up with vapor. Is it worth saving that AVB?

Do you save the AVB you get from a Dynavap? Since it's got less precise temperature control would it still be worth saving?

Edit: Is it "Already Vaped Bud" or "Already Been Vaped"?

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 17, 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Think I'm gonna buy an ash catcher today
:hellyeah:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Got my Vaphit Zen and am high

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
its already vaped bud just so there's not any confusion about what it could be, as you see

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ok I got really high off the abv, it feels like when I've done a gram of decarb, maybe little less. anyway, i'm over the paranoia rainbow so that's nice.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Edit: Is it "Already Vaped Bud" or "Already Been Vaped"?

Both. It seems to just be a matter of which you prefer. I prefer AVB, in part because it doesn't overlap with Alcohol By Volume.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

abv is always worth saving unless you burnt the poo poo out of it

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

OK. I'll try saving my AVB this time. Just sprinkle a bit on a peanut butter cracker I guess? Since it's already decarbed or whatever?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It tastes like absolute poo poo.

Weed is cheap enough now if it's legal where you're at, I'd just chuck it if your budget allows.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It tastes like absolute poo poo.

yeah, it's plant matter you've baked anywhere from 60 to 80 percent of the way to ash, abv is going to generally taste like trash if consumed directly

I've found a layer in a peanut butter sandwich gets hidden pretty decently if I'm going that route

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

OK. I'll try saving my AVB this time. Just sprinkle a bit on a peanut butter cracker I guess? Since it's already decarbed or whatever?

I grind mine into a powder and mix it into a yoghurt. Tastes like poo poo and gives you weed poops/farts the next day but works just fine and it's easy to stomach

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i was inspired to use my deepthroating skills to quaff a couple grams of abv tonight and boy howdy am i glad i saved that

e: i am adventurously high. abv is always a gamble. good thing i dgf. time for some embarrassing posting

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 18, 2023

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have had a weekish t break and got 10g of girl scout cookies

Strains are cool

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

waked and baked with the puppy snoozin. todays a day to draw

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
Back to school means it’s time for dynavap stem milk!

Makes the whole house smell but so worth it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

My ABV edible journey yesterday reminded me of how edibles are legit but they kinda suck the second half of the day when you're really sleepy, take a nap, wake up still blazed and smoking more weed doesn't do anything and you just kinda feel out of it until well into the next day. Whereas vaping/smoking weed is so much more contained and manageable. Anyway, it's nice to do edibles every once in a while but it's not my favorite thing overall.

I did end up getting the turbo munchies, and that was cool cause I've been running a lot so I needed to splurge. Back on the healthy diet grind today tho.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Making my own edibles always reminds me that the dispensary edibles all seem to be missing something. Maybe because my home edibles aren't really dosed and I'm just taking more, but the homemade ones just feel better to me

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

My ABV edible journey yesterday reminded me of how edibles are legit but they kinda suck the second half of the day when you're really sleepy, take a nap, wake up still blazed and smoking more weed doesn't do anything and you just kinda feel out of it until well into the next day. Whereas vaping/smoking weed is so much more contained and manageable. Anyway, it's nice to do edibles every once in a while but it's not my favorite thing overall.

I did end up getting the turbo munchies, and that was cool cause I've been running a lot so I needed to splurge. Back on the healthy diet grind today tho.

remember that vaped weed is disproportionately missing the cannabinoids w/ lower boiling points. Especially if it's really dark brown there may not be much left but CBN, which is ok for sleep but is a weird high that falls well short of the real thing

if you're getting a good high from ABV it's probably an indication that you're not vaping it very efficiently in the first place. which, if you really want to do ABV maybe it works for you but :shrug: I'd always rather put the same time and effort into making edibles from real weed now that I'm a grownup in a time and place where i can always just get real weed if i want

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 18, 2023

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Took a chance on a strain I'd never heard of because they were selling 25g of distillate cheap as hell. "Golden pineapple," luckily it tastes great and hits pretty drat good.

Gonna pick up an oz of white widow for some oldschool joints, I like the stink of that one.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

This reads like you got the positives after being stoned to the bone for a few and assessing things. Food hits so good on the comedown, I love it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

poverty goat posted:

remember that vaped weed is disproportionately missing the cannabinoids w/ lower boiling points. Especially if it's really dark brown there may not be much left but CBN, which is ok for sleep but is a weird high that falls well short of the real thing

if you're getting a good high from ABV it's probably an indication that you're not vaping it very efficiently in the first place. which, if you really want to do ABV maybe it works for you but :shrug: I'd always rather put the same time and effort into making edibles from real weed now that I'm a grownup in a time and place where i can always just get real weed if i want

naw I got super blazed while vaping that weed, and I got really high eating it later. I've decarbed weed many many times in my life properly and it gets me higher for sure with less weed but the high is the same.

I'm such an old head at this point all weed feels the same to me anyway. Indica, sativa, shiiiiiiieeeeet, it's all weed but some tastes really loving good and is very strong and some is not.

Hammu-rob-i posted:

This reads like you got the positives after being stoned to the bone for a few and assessing things. Food hits so good on the comedown, I love it

yeah I hadn't had the munchies like that in a long time and it coincided with me needing a cheat day so I just went off and it was very nice. Brioche bread with hummus and cheese and breakfast sausage was hitting just right last night.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Took a chance on a strain I'd never heard of because they were selling 25g of distillate cheap as hell. "Golden pineapple," luckily it tastes great and hits pretty drat good.

Gonna pick up an oz of white widow for some oldschool joints, I like the stink of that one.

Give me all those strains from the 90's early 00' when it was a treat. We got good bud 30% of the time and we got the poo poo like one out of ten times. Trinity from Coburg was around, we wanted that

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

somebody earlier coined it the anxiety rainbow and it's accurate - you know it when you're beyond it and NOM NOM

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 18, 2023

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I had a lovely package of naughty :420: arrive today to balance out the legal :420:

The quality of the naughty weed always outweighs the legal, and it's not just due to the added ingredient of crime

Wachter posted:

Got my Vaphit Zen and am high

How are you finding it?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's very good! Bit of a learning curve since I'm used to using a carb, and I have to draw a lot more gently than I normally would, but I really like that my whole home setup is now just the pipe balancing inside my Wand. And it hits hard

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

That yeti bong is awesome by the way

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

well this just came into my possession and drat I'm pretty excited, not sure when I'll get to blaze it though since I'm always doing this poo poo low key.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the baby yoda...

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna smoke some Jay's tomorrow

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

bagmonkey posted:

I'm gonna smoke some Jay's tomorrow

I double dog dare you

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im gonna smoke one in five minutes!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

im gonna smoke one in five minutes!

my dude the meeting isnt for another hour and 14 minutes

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

LifeSunDeath posted:

naw I got super blazed while vaping that weed, and I got really high eating it later. I've decarbed weed many many times in my life properly and it gets me higher for sure with less weed but the high is the same.

I think OP is saying that if your ABV is the same potency as your decarb-edible, you're not actually the most out of your vape. It's a moot point, since you're using the ABV anyways, but something to consider for people who are only using it once in a while and throwing it away otherwise

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I've been eyeballing This Mega Globe Mk 2 for a while but I'm not really a vape guy. I much prefer just burning it. I picked up a Dynavap with the FMJ and it works great but I'd still just rather burn it in a poo poo bong I bought down the street for $20. I imagine the Globe works great to burn, but reading through the description and what not it does seem to target vape use, so I'm wondering if maybe I could get more bang for my buck with something else, or if I'm over-thinking it. Just craving something a little more sophisticated to burn my flower in. Kind of been on a hot streak of dissatisfaction with my water pieces.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jelly posted:

I've been eyeballing This Mega Globe Mk 2 for a while but I'm not really a vape guy. I much prefer just burning it. I picked up a Dynavap with the FMJ and it works great but I'd still just rather burn it in a poo poo bong I bought down the street for $20. I imagine the Globe works great to burn, but reading through the description and what not it does seem to target vape use, so I'm wondering if maybe I could get more bang for my buck with something else, or if I'm over-thinking it. Just craving something a little more sophisticated to burn my flower in. Kind of been on a hot streak of dissatisfaction with my water pieces.

Yeah I can't speak to combusting in it (except accidentally), but its a fantastic vape bubbler. I love it, its a great match to my dynavap + stem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Is there anyone who just wasn't jazzed by vaping but then adding a water-filtration setup to the mix changed everything for them?

Also, do you save your vape leavings and use it for cooking or something?