Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:yikes: at the "and oddly horny" bit like that's sorta...yeah i don't like that and would appreciate not being part of some weird goon kink thing so just remove me entirely.

edit - like cool drawing and all but what the gently caress.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Mekchu posted:

:yikes: at the "and oddly horny" bit like that's sorta...yeah i don't like that and would appreciate not being part of some weird goon kink thing so just remove me entirely.

edit - like cool drawing and all but what the gently caress.

I just thought the idea of an android being horny because it spent too much time online was funny -- I like to keep my kinks private. I'm sorry for offending, I never meant to. It was just a joke that's clearly fallen flat. I've edited the original post to remove that and if you want I can remove the character entirely. This is meant to just be fun and have no reflection on the reality of any goon -- I don't really know anyone here, the most anything has to do with anyone is a user name and avatar and even then only slightly.

That said, if anyone has a problem with a character please let me know. I whip them up on the fly and I have zero idea about anyone's no-go zones.

EDIT AGAIN: I deleted the offending post. Again, if you get uncomfortable or have any aspects that might make you uncomfortable by all means let me know and I'll do my best to remember and to try to keep those elements out of any future characters. I'm doing this for fun, and if people are uncomfortable it's not fun.

Smik fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 15, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

my sleeping meds are beginning to do things to my head so i figured I'll post a snapshot of a work in progress and let both the recepient and smik give out ideas on how to continue coloring

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

loving Moron posted:

By all means.

By popular demand posted:

my sleeping meds are beginning to do things to my head so i figured I'll post a snapshot of a work in progress and let both the recepient and smik give out ideas on how to continue coloring

Well I based it a bit off Womb With a View's avatar so I was thinking pinks and yellows.

Name: King Meggplant
Team: Renegade Skulls
Role: Major Villain

King Meggplant is a massive, nigh-unkillable plant-based creature of some sort from the Wilds that works for the Renegade Skulls. Discovered by Leetie and Myntax (during his Skull tenure) King Meggplant was coaxed from the thorny labyrinth they called home and to come to the city.

To be perfectly honest, King Meggplant enjoys scaring people more than they like combat, which is fortunate for them since they are pretty intimidating looking with a massive maw full of large pointed teeth. That said, they don't like scaring children -- both because they've got a soft spot for kids and they absolutely hate the sound of a wailing child.

It's not that they've got a problem thumping people -- they absolutely will beat several flavours of crap out of people that annoy them. Either way, they'll be scared eventually. Come Season Four it's pretty clear that King Meggplant is more bark than bite though -- with the threat of real evil from the Legion and tiring of scaring people all the time, King Meggplant starts to reveal a softer side with a love of classical music and a lack of any real malice when it came to scrapping. The difference is shown when King Meggplant doesn't bother to try to intimidate the Legion and just makes use of their meggplant mass to gnash them into pieces.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

JAnon posted:

put my white rear end in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

^ ref sheet :3

ED: make me a somewhat silly geek kitty who's good at computers :3

Sure.

Name: Jae
Team: Wild Hero Catgirls
Role: Major reoccurring character

Jae is a young catperson who has befriended (or was befriended by, it depends on who you talk to) the Wild Hero Catgirls. As a citizen, Jae can pass through many areas that the fugitive vigilantes can't (at least, not without getting unwanted attention) but while Emma Darkly is better at getting information from people, Jae gets it from their machines.

The resident nerd of the Wild Hero Catgirls also often gets thrown into the role of "voice of reason" as both Go and Alice can be incredibly impulsive (plus Go's strong enough to seriously damage stuff if she tries percussive maintenance on anything). A good comparison would be "The Geek" from Sam & Max's cartoon show. Running gags include Jae trying to teach Master Grey how to use a City Tech phone, teaching Go not to hit things if they seem to stop working, and cleaning out spores from Alice's desktop.

Jae initially helps the Wild Hero Catgirls more out of boredom than anything else, not caring about their motives for being vigilantes. Come Season Two and Jae is genuinely a loyal friend, and after Season Three they too are committed to the cause. Jae's contribution still remains in a tech-support role; they're notably as fragile as a regular kid and the cats ensure they stay well out of danger whenever possible.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

All right check out this cutie pie:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Nice! That's really great!

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Oh wow, I love it! Very in keeping with the Papercraft Horror.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

sock it to me! posted:

Can I be a one eyed skunk please

Sure.

Name: Socks
Team: Youxia Hero Monkeygirls
Role: Main Character (The April)

Socks is one of the city's many naturalized citizens, although members of the Royal Order use the antiquated term of "Domestic Citizens" to describe them instead and only use the term 'naturalized' for human immigrants. Her grandparents obtained citizenship after living near the city for twenty years (and they started their application ten years ago). The key difference between her and the city's other 'second class' people is she's got a built in non-lethal bioweapon so few people are stupid enough to make comments to her face (or within earshot behind her back).

When she lost an eye in an on-the-job accident, part of her compensation was promotion to the live reporting news team (which is what she wanted to do in the first place) and more promotion of diversity within visible positions of the city. As clashes between the Renegade Skulls and the Youxia Hero Monkeygirls heated up, Socks got involved in a situation and sprayed the Skulls. While it drove them off, it was also a major point of controversy because... well, she raised a stink. The news agency restricted Socks to public interest stories -- she really hadn't done anything wrong, but they didn't want her to be in a position where she might need to use her special talents again.

Socks was not impressed. It was clear that the Royal Order wasn't capable of keeping up with the Skulls while the violent hero vigilantes were. The next time she caught a glimpse of the Youxia Monkeygirls, she asked for an interview to which of course Toxi obliged. Socks admitted her interview would probably never get airtime but she wanted to know who they were for herself, especially since she had been punished for taking action against the Skulls. The two hit it off and Socks began to quietly feed the Youxia with information she was able to collect as part of the media.

By Season Three, Socks realized that the stakes were getting higher and asked to start training with the Youxia in case she was ever put into a situation where she'd need more than a non-leathal bioweapon to get out of. In melee combat she makes use of staff-type weapons (as they're easily improvised) and after getting training on how to use a "toaster" firearm she's proven to be an effective asset in a fight.

I don't need to mention that unlike TMNT's April, Socks never gets captured right?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I'm clearly either the devil on one's shoulder, or some other nefarious but lighthearted demon. I only make incompetent or annoying suggestions. Or whichever would be the most metal.

That, or a bad guy who thinks every thing is a pointless void and that existence should be snuffed.

I feel I relate to this guy.

Name: Nil
Role: Minor Reoccurring Villain

Nil wasn't so much recruited as much as he was weaponized. The Renegade Skulls found one of the artefact sites and one of their discoveries was Nil, held in suspended animation in a bottle. One of the Skulls casually opened it (of course) and released Nil who appeared to vanish. That's because Nil had latched on to that particular Skull's psyche and began to question their life choices. While irritating at first, the Skull began to lose energy and become listless and apathetic, feeling that their life and efforts would be pointless when all is eventually bound to be dust anyway.

Madeline Mi was able to see and remove Nil, but rather than destroy it they decided to sic the creature on their enemies. When Nil is eventually defeated it always returns back to the Skulls... and promptly latches on to the sender and lectures them about how their plan was pointless, doomed to fail and that everything is in vain.

Nil tends to get used in 'public service' episodes that teach good mental health techniques and showed up in a free online game about mental health where you have to remove the poisonous influence of your own Nil.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Name: Gigi Oj
Role: Major Reoccurring Villain

Gigi is a mature Dremilin, although her face was exposed during development which caused some developmental issues which she mostly hides from the general public. One of the oldest Skulls (except maybe Madeline Mi because she's weird) she's also one of the most experienced and like Eckot uses ambush tactics, dirty tricks and manipulate the target's pride.

She's quite familiar with how the Royal Order operates and tends to be one of the more effective Skulls against them -- always avoiding a direct confrontation (as the Order carry powerful shields) and uses her familiarity with the streets to set up cunning traps instead. Her knowledge of the Wilds has also proved valuable, helping to lead the Skulls to artefact sites.

Come Season Three she's figured out how the Heroes operate as well, but is more concerned with the movements of the Legion. She and Eckot ransack a Legion supply post and she switches her old toaster for some potent new enemy tech -- she adapts to it extremely quickly and becomes a menace to the Legions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A dremlin yet she isn't wielding a Dremel brand rotary tool?!

It must be in her toolbag.

E:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Aug 17, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
drawfee clearly shamefully ripped off ur thread, heinous

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Name: Assistant-Director Knot
Team: Lulu Agents Team Tentacle
Role: Mentor/Handler

Assistant-Director Knot manages Team Tentacle for the Division of the Deep-Surface Relations. The Division honestly doesn't care too much about what happens on the Surface as long as the people continue to survive (this is Lulu's favourite entertainment after all) and they don't dump too much crap in the ocean. At the same time, they have to keep up the pretense that they do care about diplomatic relations because otherwise nobody on the surface will cooperate and then getting anything done is a huge pain.

The balancing act of getting things done vs. how irritated the Royals get is left on Knot's shoulders (and tentacles), and even with all her distributed intelligence, third eye, and eldritch power it's a massive headache. She mostly stays nearby in a temporary safe house in waters too shallow to be part of the Deep's territory but too far underwater to be bothered by all but the most determined surface people.

Initially she's extremely strict with Team Tentacle, chastising them for every misstep and writing them up constantly. This behaviour lessons as the series progresses, and by Season Four she reveals she never wrote them up -- she just wanted to hammer home how important it was to at least pretend to behave, and knows the pressure's been building with greater Legion threats. She's far more encouraging and even starts to listen when they complain about how overly complex her schemes can be.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

SniperWoreConverse posted:

drawfee clearly shamefully ripped off ur thread, heinous

What episode is that from? I tried Googling it but I think I missed. I like Drawfee but don't watch all that often.

A dremlin yet she isn't wielding a Dremel brand rotary tool?!
It must be in her toolbag.
E:

Nice colours. I like the yellow/blue.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Dunno youtube has it, something involving new mutants & randomizer

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Name: Filly the Gizzie
Team: Iga Goblins
Role: Minor Character Season One, Major Season Three Onwards

Filly the Gizzie is a reoccurring character allied with the Iga Goblins. Initially showing up as comedy relief and occasionally giving the goblins a hand with some infiltration, they gained popularity after the first "Large Nerds are just Gizzie Mechs" gag which eventually led to them showing up far more frequently and talk about their unique outlook on city life.

While Filly modifies her NerdMech to include advanced defence systems, they're still far from an ideal pilot (which is why gizzies use nerdmechs; falling down, clumsiness and social awkwardness is hand-waved by being a big nerd). Still, without a doubt Filly's mechanical knowledge coupled with her portable size has proven incredibly valuable to several missions.

According to Filly, the test of the ultimate rigger is the ability to walk a mech in stilettos.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

Smik posted:

I feel I relate to this guy.

Name: Nil
Role: Minor Reoccurring Villain

Nil wasn't so much recruited as much as he was weaponized. The Renegade Skulls found one of the artefact sites and one of their discoveries was Nil, held in suspended animation in a bottle. One of the Skulls casually opened it (of course) and released Nil who appeared to vanish. That's because Nil had latched on to that particular Skull's psyche and began to question their life choices. While irritating at first, the Skull began to lose energy and become listless and apathetic, feeling that their life and efforts would be pointless when all is eventually bound to be dust anyway.

Madeline Mi was able to see and remove Nil, but rather than destroy it they decided to sic the creature on their enemies. When Nil is eventually defeated it always returns back to the Skulls... and promptly latches on to the sender and lectures them about how their plan was pointless, doomed to fail and that everything is in vain.

Nil tends to get used in 'public service' episodes that teach good mental health techniques and showed up in a free online game about mental health where you have to remove the poisonous influence of your own Nil.

Well, I quite like it. Nothing is more enjoyable than being an absolutely mid-tier nuisance. Thank you my friend!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:munch: Some great character designs going this page, good work!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Smik posted:

Name: Filly the Gizzie
Team: Iga Goblins
Role: Minor Character Season One, Major Season Three Onwards

Filly the Gizzie is a reoccurring character allied with the Iga Goblins. Initially showing up as comedy relief and occasionally giving the goblins a hand with some infiltration, they gained popularity after the first "Large Nerds are just Gizzie Mechs" gag which eventually led to them showing up far more frequently and talk about their unique outlook on city life.

While Filly modifies her NerdMech to include advanced defence systems, they're still far from an ideal pilot (which is why gizzies use nerdmechs; falling down, clumsiness and social awkwardness is hand-waved by being a big nerd). Still, without a doubt Filly's mechanical knowledge coupled with her portable size has proven incredibly valuable to several missions.

According to Filly, the test of the ultimate rigger is the ability to walk a mech in stilettos.

:black101:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

This sounds awesome, roll me up.

Name: Iron Ramen Kikkokuman
Role: Major Reoccurring Villain

The two most effective weapons against the Power Pixies are iron and salt, and Iron Ramen Kikkokuman is BOTH. Equipped with his Iron Ramen Flail, the powerful Kikkopunch, and the rather bizarre Kikkobeam he's a major threat to the pixies and a very strange opponent for everyone else.

Employed by the Renegade Skulls, Iron Ramen Kikkokuman is a combination chef, mercenary and tournament fighter. Rumour has it that he's some sort of half-blood with parentage from the Deeps -- he's as tough as a Deep, and his punches make you itch (although he uses the same gloves to brew soy sauce so maybe it's that).

When not fighting the pixies, Iron Ramen Kikkokuman is usually hanging out in the galley, busying himself making noodles, brewing soy sauce and prepping meals. He has difficulty with low salt diets (his own sodium levels would kill an ordinary human) and is a regular smoker, but the latter part is only shown in the comics.

Iron Ramen is thought to have been killed during the events that lead up to the episode of Watership, but he's one of the ones that helps rescue Eckot and Go as they escape -- he just makes a comment that trying to kill him near the sea is pointless and laughs off any questions.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
When is it time to start a cross over thread where we put all these characters in the death match simulator?

Fake edit: I can't remember the name, but you know, that one thread with the bracket of death.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Ha, perfect.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:golfclap:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hellyeah: on both accounts

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Xlorp posted:

I don't know who I am
In one dream I am a Buddha with a beacon in one hand, a bomb in the other.
Or, more practically, a non-binary drop commando

Well you rolled up one of the Mystic Slime Girls and they're probably the least binary considering their form flexibility. And the second one to roll "Back from the Dead" as her arc, so this is probably a slime thing.

Name: Xel the Red
Team: Mystic Slime Girls
Role: Main Character (cool but rude)

The most physical of the mystic slime girls, she's further empowered by the Red Eye which allows her to alter the strength of her chemical bonds which effectively grants her massive strength although it has more with her being an immovable object than an unstoppable force. She can constrict and stick to things with incredible power -- her war hammer the "Devil's Tooth" can be snapped hard enough to smash through heavy armour and only the mystic shield of Him-Bo can withstand it.

Of her sisters, Xel is the most affected by physical force -- she has the most hardened body of the mystic slimes and while it means she resists being splattered it also is more compromised when broken. This means she needs to use more cunning to approach her opponents as she's a melee fighter, not having Qwirky's speed or as much flexibility as the rest of the slimes.

While off the clock, Xel likes to forage for mushrooms. She doesn't eat them mind -- she lets them grow off her as the process tends to absorb water and specific chemicals from her and she enjoys the way it feels even if it impedes her thought processes. In the animated series this is treated like a wacky quirk that 'tickles' but in the comics it's quite clear that she's tripping off the effects while the mushrooms themselves become both dangerous and commanding a significant street value.

She is supposedly killed by the Legion during Season Three by freezing her solid and then having her Red Eye stone ripped from the frozen form. The heroes are able to break in and retrieve her frozen pieces, and the Legion discovers just how strong the bonds are between Xel and her stone when her slime surrounds the wielder and crushes him as she reforms around it. The fact that Xel is red neatly covers the gore, although she comments on the 'odd taste' afterwards.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Oh nice you got the flower pattern and everything!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Smik posted:

Well you rolled up one of the Mystic Slime Girls and they're probably the least binary considering their form flexibility. And the second one to roll "Back from the Dead" as her arc, so this is probably a slime thing.

Name: Xel the Red
Team: Mystic Slime Girls
Role: Main Character (cool but rude)

The most physical of the mystic slime girls, she's further empowered by the Red Eye which allows her to alter the strength of her chemical bonds which effectively grants her massive strength although it has more with her being an immovable object than an unstoppable force. She can constrict and stick to things with incredible power -- her war hammer the "Devil's Tooth" can be snapped hard enough to smash through heavy armour and only the mystic shield of Him-Bo can withstand it.

Of her sisters, Xel is the most affected by physical force -- she has the most hardened body of the mystic slimes and while it means she resists being splattered it also is more compromised when broken. This means she needs to use more cunning to approach her opponents as she's a melee fighter, not having Qwirky's speed or as much flexibility as the rest of the slimes.

While off the clock, Xel likes to forage for mushrooms. She doesn't eat them mind -- she lets them grow off her as the process tends to absorb water and specific chemicals from her and she enjoys the way it feels even if it impedes her thought processes. In the animated series this is treated like a wacky quirk that 'tickles' but in the comics it's quite clear that she's tripping off the effects while the mushrooms themselves become both dangerous and commanding a significant street value.

She is supposedly killed by the Legion during Season Three by freezing her solid and then having her Red Eye stone ripped from the frozen form. The heroes are able to break in and retrieve her frozen pieces, and the Legion discovers just how strong the bonds are between Xel and her stone when her slime surrounds the wielder and crushes him as she reforms around it. The fact that Xel is red neatly covers the gore, although she comments on the 'odd taste' afterwards.

Mmmmm. Mystical mushroom morphism.

Eat of me, open your third eye
Eat of me, shrivel and die

Everything that knows us, grows us

AmishSpecialForces
Jul 1, 2008
Been on these forums for a hot minute and have a grand total of about a dozen posts. This thread motivated me to add to the collection: sign me up for one of the bad guys, preferably an amoral mercenary type with a penchant for high explosives. The kind of baddie with a motto like "ain't no kill like overkill". No loyalty or high ideals, just wants to detonate some heroes. They think that friendly fire isn't a tragedy, it's funny. Gender/orientation etc is whatever gets random'd.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

When is it time to start a cross over thread where we put all these characters in the death match simulator?

Fake edit: I can't remember the name, but you know, that one thread with the bracket of death.

Hunger games!

Need to paint my char before entering

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Rock Paper Tongue posted:

Hell yeah art threads are great and your drawings kick rear end

If you're taking requests I'd love a goblin haphazardly swinging a machete around

Machete yes, haphazard swinging not so much. I'm a little elevated right now so hopefully that arm doesn't look as wonk as I think later.

Name: "Rocky" Rocktongue
Team: Iga Goblin Girls
Role: Main (Cool but rude)

"Rocky" Is the smallest of the Iga Goblin and uses it to her advantage, being hard to spot at night and able to ambush out of all kinds of unexpected angles or places. She wields a variety of machetes and uses continual hit-and-run tactics to wear out her targets. In the comics she goes for the best wound she can land, slowly weakening her opponents before landing a kill, but in the animated series she makes her foes surrender by putting them in a dangerous position.

In the comics, Rocky is revealed to have an addiction to her combat stims which is why she volunteers for so many missions where she can quietly partake without attracting any attention, but in the animated series she tends to just drink a lot of energy drinks and occasionally this is monetized. The animated series also cuts out her use of poisons and chemicals.

She's the cocky smart-mouth of the crew and feels she's earned it given her natural ability, although having the girls find out about her addiction issues takes the wind out of her sails some. Boss Raven knew about Rocky's addiction but said nothing of it due to her own. Tends to be pretty tight-lipped about her feelings, only ever opening up to Harriet.

Rocky got her own spin-off series "Iga Shadow Arts", a stealth game.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Dr.Smasher posted:

Bad guys always have a mad scientist to help them. COBRA had Dr. Mindbender, Krang and Shredder had Baxter Stockman, Batman has to deal with Hugo Strange, etc, etc
I want that bad guy mad scientist job

Name: Dr. Smasher
Role: Minor reoccurring villain

Dr. Smasher is the alias of a Dremilin fugitive who had enough of society's racism, denials of funding and general buzz-kill. Joining up with the Skulls, Dr. Smasher provides support to Kruxxie Smugworth and "Leetie" Kyupileet as well as engaging in their own mad schemes.

Most of Dr. Smasher's scientific investigation amounts to "Go shoot someone with this thing and let me know what happens". In general, when a wacky plot is required involving mad science Dr. Smasher gets pulled out to mastermind it. They're not so much evil as they are brilliant, bored and impulsive.

Interestingly enough Dr. Smasher takes just as much delight in trying to figure out to undo their latest scientific triumph as they are causing chaos, and many episodes conclude with Smasher presenting the solution to whatever disaster they caused to the heroes and letting them sort it out. While the episodes involving Dr. Smasher are comedic they also often end with the Skulls getting away with whatever they had planned since the heroes are more concerned with cleaning up whatever mess Smasher left them.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm obviously baseball-themed a villain

OK

Name: Flyball
Team: Renegade Skulls, Power Pixies Season Three Onwards
Role: Major Reoccurring Character

Flyball was one of the Renegade Skull's scouts. Armed with a variety of trick bats and balls, she's an avid player of an extinct sport known as "Base to Balls" Base to Balls is avidly played by the Flaighs of the Wilds, although from the sounds of things the game is altered for airborne play in comparison to the original rules.

Due to her wings and light form, Popfly can't wear much in the way of protection and is known to be easily "swatted" by opponents, so she tends to book it when things get hairy. She's far more effective as a spy or scout than anything front-line. Come Season Three as the Skulls and the Heroes are forced to work together more and more, Flyball starts to take a liking to the Pixies and reforms to join them instead.

Known for her beautiful voice, she sometimes distracts opponents by singing out of sight or announces herself for dramatic effect. Often see at Spectrum's open karaoke night, where she finds no end of sweet drinks sent her way.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Hell yeah put me in for 'Not Actually Bad But Easily Manipulated' male person.
Top secret inspiration phrase: IT'S NOT FUNNY MY rear end IS ON FIRE

I put his rear end on one of his hands instead.

Name: Velvet Demand
Role: Major Reoccurring Character, Sometimes Villain

Velvet Demand is a hulking insectoid experiment created by Dr. Smasher, created by taking the DNA from a dig site and mixing it with some of Poison Polly's. To quote Kruxxie Smugworth: "What in the seven Deeps made you decide to splice the DNA of a C4-chewing bulk lunatic with an ancient extinct insectoid?" to which Dr. Smasher replied "SCIENCE!" and then they didn't speak to each other for a week.

Velvet's tiny insectoid brain is hard-wired to follow instructions given a specific set of pheromones but that led to a problem with proximity as Velvet would ignore commands if people were too far away or trying to transmit through remote communication devices. For awhile they tried the "Pokémon" approach where they had a handler in constant close proximity to give Velvet instructions but then discovered that Velvet would follow instructions given by anyone standing near the handler.

Plus they really needed him to respond to remote instructions sometimes.

Dr. Smasher did some micro brain surgery (small brain, small surgery) to add a voice-based obedience system but the technology is far from perfect and Velvet is easily confused by people who can mimic a Skull voice or sometimes even just their manner of speaking. When left to his own devices, Velvet tends to wander about looking for sweets and pets.

The Skulls are rather fond of Velvet overall despite being dumb as a brick -- not only is he fuzzy and soothing to pet, but he's also nigh indestructible, incredibly strong, and can incapacitate giants with his stinger. It should be noted that Dr. Smasher had to do some serious splicing to get the stinger to work since it apparently only develops on females of the original insectoid species, but used a male base to be more docile. The splicing has left Velvet a sterile asexual drone, but everyone's OK with that as they suspect the original insectoid was terrifying.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Smik posted:

Name: Dr. Smasher
Role: Minor reoccurring villain

Dr. Smasher is the alias of a Dremilin fugitive who had enough of society's racism, denials of funding and general buzz-kill. Joining up with the Skulls, Dr. Smasher provides support to Kruxxie Smugworth and "Leetie" Kyupileet as well as engaging in their own mad schemes.

Most of Dr. Smasher's scientific investigation amounts to "Go shoot someone with this thing and let me know what happens". In general, when a wacky plot is required involving mad science Dr. Smasher gets pulled out to mastermind it. They're not so much evil as they are brilliant, bored and impulsive.

Interestingly enough Dr. Smasher takes just as much delight in trying to figure out to undo their latest scientific triumph as they are causing chaos, and many episodes conclude with Smasher presenting the solution to whatever disaster they caused to the heroes and letting them sort it out. While the episodes involving Dr. Smasher are comedic they also often end with the Skulls getting away with whatever they had planned since the heroes are more concerned with cleaning up whatever mess Smasher left them.

That is a fine looking lab coat. Send it out

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Through The Decade posted:

Put me down for a totally forgettable monster of the week, easily dispatched in the cold open of a random episode. My power is to steal the numbers off of all the clocks in town, or something else that’s a nuisance but not really harmful.

Dispatched in the cold open? All right... although not sure about 'forgettable' with what came to mind given the rolls (side switch).

Name: Tecade
Team: None
Role: Minor One-Shot Villain

Not all threats come from the Renegade Skulls or the Legion. Sometimes there really is a good reason for the Royal Order to have built those big ol' walls around the city as sometimes someone or something from the Wilds breaks in and misbehaves.

Tecade burst into the city and began to trash the place searching for "dates" -- an expensive fruit only available through import.

"Give me dates!" screamed Tecade, "Sweet, succulent dates!"

That's when Flying Bear showed up.

"Hey Baby! You say you want a date? Well *hoo! hah! flex flex flex!* I'm totally available."

"No no, I want... like a sweet date!"

"I'm totally sweet, Baby! Succulent too!"

"I... I... y'know what OK"

Please note Flying Bear normally strikes out with his come-ons unless it'd be funny.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

So there's an upcoming Visual Novel game jam going for the month of September and while I've done about 73 characters so far I've got a lot to go. Now I just want to say I plan to still do at least one character/day but I'm going to be focusing on the jam. Rest assured I do plan on getting every entry as usual, it just might slow down a bit.

(It's Spooktober https://itch.io/jam/spooktober-2023 if you're interested in doing the jam yourself)

According to the rules I can't do anything past conceptual artwork until September so in the meantime I'll still be working on this project but I'm also going to be brushing up on Ren'Py which I haven't looked at in at least a year or two. The Visual Novel itself will be a short anti-horror story about essential dread vs. traditional horror and the tribulations of haunted real estate.

Just posting in case someone notices a slow-down and wonders what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

eXXon posted:

I'm interested in seeing a cartoon tiger who chugs barrels of crude oil for strength/flammability and crushes them against their forehead, like an edgier Popeye, if possible.

OK. That made me think of this boss from an old arcade game:

Name: Xon
Role: Minor Character, only shows up in the games

Xon has never shown up in the cartoon or comics, but does show up in several of the games based off the series. Xon is usually seen as an early or mid-game boss, drinking crude oil from barrels for flame attacks and hurling them like a meaner Donkey Kong. His name is Exon in the Japanese versions of the game but changed to Xon for legal reasons.

In the Youxia Hero Monkeygirl games you have to time your hits to strike Xon while he's drinking, or knock the barrels back at him.

In the Dakka Smith Orkgirls, you need to shoot out the barrels while he's drinking or early in the throw -- shoot them too late and you take damage, so duck them instead.

For Wild Hero Catgirls, the drink time means you need to get ready to jump the stream of fire. Most characters can get in 3 hits before they need to dodge or move up/down to avoid the fire punch counter.