Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I like the life sim aspect of that game and the focus on conversation and negotiation instead of combat is neat but the part where you rescue a dog-girl from slavery and then you take her on a romantic date to a dog park to get intimacy points is a bit uh "anime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I like the life sim aspect of that game and the focus on conversation and negotiation instead of combat is neat but the part where you rescue a dog-girl from slavery and then you take her on a romantic date to a dog park to get intimacy points is a bit uh "anime"

Yeah but in the king games that's your "harem" so.. whatever, I'm having fun. I'm not going to try to convince anyone, you're a little mushroom man in an anime fantasy world, go nuts.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

New Leaf posted:

A little while ago I mentioned one of those King games where you rule over a kingdom with knights and lovers and make decisions for the kingdom and all that - well, they made an anime version that came out the other day called Isekai: Slow Life. It's gacha-adjacent but it seems so minor and rare, there's only a starting single pull a ways into the game and I don't even think it was random, you picked from a small character pool. People in the reviews are salty that you're forced into being male, which is understandable I guess. At any rate, the story is cute with some genuine humor and solid localization but incredibly anime-horny. Funny enough, they censored some cleavage in the Play Store ads that is definitely not censored in the game itself. Not everybody's cup of tea but I figured I'd throw it out there. I actually prefer the mechanics of this one to the one I was playing so I'm sticking with it for now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iskslowtest.mislen&hl=en_US&gl=US

I'll try it, the other one you suggested I was having fun with for a bit but couldn't find an active alliance so I ended up uninstalling.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Wait until you get the god of fame

OH NOOOO

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The game rules. Chinese ftw

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Eat The Rich posted:

Omg, I started playing super snail cause it was advertised to me and the graphics were super cool but I started it while listening to a podcast and 30 minutes in, I still couldn't access the settings to turn off the sfx and bgm and

Why do mobile devs lock you out of the settings when you just wanna turn off the noise? Does anyone ever even listen to the noise? My phone is muted unless I've got earbuds in.

Yeah so I uninstalled, mostly cause the on-rails tutorial and the previous chat makes me feel not dumb about feeling dumb in the tutorial

people actually play the games that pop up in those ads? :cripes:

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Just kids and goons

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I saw the ads for the Super Snail but didn't start playing it until someone here said it was from the same team as Gumball And Dungeons

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I saw the ads for the Super Snail but didn't start playing it until someone here said it was from the same team as Gumball And Dungeons

It is the only reason I tried it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

the only game I've ever actually played off an ad was Beatstar, a compentent if not money-grabby mobile rhythm game

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Snail Game - I sure do hate these mail conversations you have to have with everybody

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
It's like the perfect inconvenient amount of time between replies.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

Snail Game - I sure do hate these mail conversations you have to have with everybody

So like am I supposed to Narc on these random criminals or not?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

m.hache posted:

So like am I supposed to Narc on these random criminals or not?

Each agent has a chance to catch the fugitive. You'll get some black tadpoles if you help them catch them, but you have a chance at getting a better prize if you help them escape. You could also fight the agents, and each different character drops a relic when you beat then.

The little nerd boys are the weakest, then the women, then the men, and the gokus are the strongest.

If you check the wiki there's a list of what each fugitive can give

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

No, in the play store, 'Ads - Suggested for you'. Sometimes it'll look interesting and I'll check it out. I usually end up uninstalling though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Keep an eye on your Google Play Rewards app, I got one this morning about Marvel movies and got a full dollar as a reward.

Jows
May 8, 2002

New Leaf posted:

Keep an eye on your Google Play Rewards app, I got one this morning about Marvel movies and got a full dollar as a reward.

Is it just me or have the rewards seem to have been getting better? I get a lot of the "hey we want to confirm our location tracking data, were you in X store?" And would usually get like a dime, but lately it seems like the rewards are $0.30+ a pop

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jows posted:

I get a lot of the "hey we want to confirm our location tracking data, were you in X store?" And would usually get like a dime, but lately it seems like the rewards are $0.30+ a pop

Christ. What a loving nightmare.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I stopped getting those and now all they want is pictures of receipts for like 12 cents each once a week.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Nighthand posted:

I stopped getting those and now all they want is pictures of receipts for like 12 cents each once a week.

I've gotten mine stuck in a loop maybe?, where I get the same question every day (Did you go to this place near where you work? Did you do inside? Nope.) and it's been feeding me about a quarter 5 times a week for a pretty decent time period now.

I think consistency in filling them out tends to get you more of them. Also, location data being on.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Being a federal public servant, I like the job questions:

What industry do you work in?

- Other, and I have to write in Government.

How many people work in your office?

- ~100-200

How many people work in the combined offices of your employer?

- 10,000+ :smug:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My entire industry just imploded so I'm going to have to put "unemployed" for the next few weeks..

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

New Leaf posted:

My entire industry just imploded so I'm going to have to put "unemployed" for the next few weeks..

Cannabis?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My industry? No, telecom engineering. I have to stay clean for drug tests and such, not legal in my state.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
As long as it isn't a Slay the Spire addiction you can fight it.
I fell back hard in it since yesterday. Help

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

New Leaf posted:

My industry? No, telecom engineering. I have to stay clean for drug tests and such, not legal in my state.

Wait what do you mean it imploded? What happened?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

G-Mawwwwwww posted:

Wait what do you mean it imploded? What happened?

Hah didn't know the thread would find this interesting but the big 5G push is petering out and a lot of the big engineering firms had mass layoffs in the last month. I was in Project Management for cell site engineering. My primary client was AT&T and they blew their wad for the year and ran out of cash. Everything we had in process that wouldn't be constructed until 2024 and beyond was put on indefinite hold so all work dried up and they laid off 20% of my department and 30% of our sister department. Then like a week later the biggest tower owner in the US decided to outsource all previously in-house engineering to other firms and laid off 15% of their entire staff. And the same week one of the old firms I worked for laid off their entire US engineering team and are outsourcing to India. All in July. Was a really poo poo month for telecom and there's hundreds of people in my same niche looking for work all of a sudden.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Man, gently caress telecom (as an industry run by greedy fucks, not everyone in it obvs). No matter where you go they seem to be terrible.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

New Leaf posted:

Hah didn't know the thread would find this interesting but the big 5G push is petering out and a lot of the big engineering firms had mass layoffs in the last month. I was in Project Management for cell site engineering. My primary client was AT&T and they blew their wad for the year and ran out of cash. Everything we had in process that wouldn't be constructed until 2024 and beyond was put on indefinite hold so all work dried up and they laid off 20% of my department and 30% of our sister department. Then like a week later the biggest tower owner in the US decided to outsource all previously in-house engineering to other firms and laid off 15% of their entire staff. And the same week one of the old firms I worked for laid off their entire US engineering team and are outsourcing to India. All in July. Was a really poo poo month for telecom and there's hundreds of people in my same niche looking for work all of a sudden.

Thats crazy.. maybe thats why verizons 2 5g towers they installed near me in the last year still arent functioning

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
If anyone is looking for a factoriolike this one seems pretty good!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.builderment.builderment

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm in the mood for a game with decent action (turn based is fine too) and "number go up" --something with a decent progression as opposed to rogue systems. The main caveat is that i don't want heavy online dependency, since i work in a place without wifi. Gacha or idle games take long to load or easily time out because of this

I won't mind paying if it's decent but i don't know where to look.

Something like Troll Patrol would be fine but i really dislike it's aesthetics so i haven't paid to unlock it. So I'm just looking for names to consider.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Harminoff posted:

If anyone is looking for a factoriolike this one seems pretty good!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.builderment.builderment

How do I actually start my production in this? I put the reactor down, put thing on the forest, put the conveyer belts between the two... and then what?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How do I actually start my production in this? I put the reactor down, put thing on the forest, put the conveyer belts between the two... and then what?

Check and make sure the extractor is pointing the same was as the belts. If you click the extractor, do you see a road coming off of it? If so, you have it pointing the wrong way.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Tingus Goose gets real good after the first ultra ascend.

Things accelerate fast. I'm only getting up to the 4th cycle or so before beginning again and I can get through the first stage in about 20 minutes now. Each level is a slightly different puzzle, but it also starts throwing dud geese at you that you have to work around (or sell).

It does a good job of making you strategize each level slightly differently. But there's also a huge difference between those levels where you roll good geese for combining vs 8 useless stupid laser geese.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Relentless posted:

Tingus Goose gets real good after the first ultra ascend.

Things accelerate fast. I'm only getting up to the 4th cycle or so before beginning again and I can get through the first stage in about 20 minutes now. Each level is a slightly different puzzle, but it also starts throwing dud geese at you that you have to work around (or sell).

It does a good job of making you strategize each level slightly differently. But there's also a huge difference between those levels where you roll good geese for combining vs 8 useless stupid laser geese.

Those stupid ones that flip back and forth each side are the bane of my existance

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I don't know what value those provide other than an obvious use of my daily free reroll.

On Ultra Ascending: Took me a bit to remember, but the rule of every game is prestige early and often.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kinda weird how in Super Snail you're cloning minions and being told about bonuses on things that take effect with X number of minions in battle but from what it sounds like the actual thing you use these clones on doesn't open up until after you finish the rocket ship which is only possible after getting to the third area which I'm still not at yet, and I've been playing this for like a week now. It's just odd how the clones don't really factor into anything at all except for dispatching a couple per day for chores until much later and I have no idea why I'm spending all these B-Tads cloning and upgrading them but I am because the goddamn ! won't go away unless I do :argh:

I mean this just means I'll be prepared for when I do unlock whatever is coming up but the minions and the cloning of the minions being referenced all over the place made no sense to me until I looked it up online to find out I don't have the thing unlocked yet.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

Kinda weird how in Super Snail you're cloning minions and being told about bonuses on things that take effect with X number of minions in battle but from what it sounds like the actual thing you use these clones on doesn't open up until after you finish the rocket ship which is only possible after getting to the third area which I'm still not at yet, and I've been playing this for like a week now. It's just odd how the clones don't really factor into anything at all except for dispatching a couple per day for chores until much later and I have no idea why I'm spending all these B-Tads cloning and upgrading them but I am because the goddamn ! won't go away unless I do :argh:

I mean this just means I'll be prepared for when I do unlock whatever is coming up but the minions and the cloning of the minions being referenced all over the place made no sense to me until I looked it up online to find out I don't have the thing unlocked yet.

haha yeah, and I don't even know what the healing tank does but dammit I unlocked 3 extra spaces in it, haha..

EDIT: should I work on completing the first area to 100%? Does it unlock anything, I have it at like 97% and the rewards don't seem as good as the second area?

fyallm fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 23, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fyallm posted:

haha yeah, and I don't even know what the healing tank does but dammit I unlocked 3 extra spaces in it, haha..

EDIT: should I work on completing the first area to 100%? Does it unlock anything, I have it at like 97% and the rewards don't seem as good as the second area?

I hopped over to the second area because the rewards are definitely better there and it takes a lot longer to work through because the bosses have been significantly harder. I'm actually close to 100%ing the second area now but am only at 80% or so for the first one so I'll probably be going back after this to clean up the rest in koreatown or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fyallm posted:

No. Move to the 2nd area. Always move ahead and when you hit a wall move back to finish. The 2nd area has a big boost item.

When you get the mirror dump all shards in attack then defense then healing. The 30% boost it gives is huge.