Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

So they put the emotional core of the story in the datalog? Lol

I haven't played Destiny in years but I remember it being the same way. All the best lore was buried in the most obscure places that nearly 100% of the player base would never ever see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Also going back to the discussion yesterday, HomuLabs just put out a video discussing the issues with the translation and how terms are applied across all the connected games. (GGZ, HI3, Genshin, and Star Rail)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhXlZpCKkg

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They are adding a Dan Heng companion quest so maybe that'll improve things somewhat.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Umm me and Daniel are already besties

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Leraika posted:

that has absolutely not been the case for me. what's your pattern of travel?

I take the curio first most of the time, and I prioritize blue portals over red ones.

Kale
May 14, 2010

That like Hertas revenge splash art owns. Also :lol: at another KFC collab in China. Have fun taking it up the rear end again KFC China employees. The Pizza Hut one at least seemed slightly more organized and like the locations weren't completely getting their poo poo wrecked or people trying to steal the props.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 18, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

I like doing the followup path for blade, especially with ultimate counts as followip

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Eimi posted:

Also going back to the discussion yesterday, HomuLabs just put out a video discussing the issues with the translation and how terms are applied across all the connected games. (GGZ, HI3, Genshin, and Star Rail)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhXlZpCKkg

I watched that video and I just want to say that I'm now more confused than I was before watching it so... yay?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

So they put the emotional core of the story in the datalog? Lol

I suspect this isn't the last time we'll see the Quintet mentioned considering when Jingliu is introduced, but it's disappointing they've shuffled Blade offworld already.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Zurai posted:

Topaz's current kit, for the record:

Talent: Immediately summons the pet at the start of the battle. Pet attacks on its own initiative like Lightning Lord. It always deals damage (treated as a followup attack) to the target with Attack Mark. If there is no target with Attack Mark when it needs to attack, Topaz will mark a random target. If Topaz dies, the pet goes away. Notably, there's no text indicating that the pet will stop attacking if Topaz is crowd controlled.

Basic Attack: Bog standard, no extras.

Skill: Give a target Attack Mark until it dies. Attack Mark sets the pet's target and also increases all followup attack damage. If the marked target dies, Topaz immediately marks a new random target. In addition, the pet attacks the target immediately (counts as a followup attack).

Ultimate: Gives the pet significant buffs (speed, crit rate, overall damage multiplier) for its next two attacks.

Technique: Gives a radar for basic treasures and warp trotters, plus regenerate energy after the pet's first attack in the next combat.

A2: Deals more damage to enemies with fire weakness.
A4: When an enemy with Attack Mark is dealt damage by a followup attack, the pet's turn is advanced forward. Once per attack.
A6: Topaz gains extra energy when the pet deals damage while buffed from her ult.

E1: The buffs from Topaz's ult last for three attacks instead of two.
E2: Adds a stacking buff to followup attack crit damage to Attack Mark.
E4: Whenever the pet's turn starts, Topaz's turn is advanced forward.
E6: While the pet is buffed by Topaz's ult, it gains fire resistance penetration and there's a chance to gain a skill point whenever the pet attacks.

Still subject to change since there's a while before her banner. She looks pretty sweet on her own and also like she'll really like running with Jing Yuan, Himeko, Clara, etc.

I don’t think you need to put unreleased character details in spoilers. Might as well put their name/path/element in spoilers at that point. If there’s anyone who actually cares about it I’ll shut up though

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I been on the lookout for previews of Star Rail figurines. Sad to say there’s been small news on it.
All I see is a rotating chibi Herta which while cute, I don’t use her

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Leraika posted:

fwiw I've managed events just fine* with a level 70 team even when the cap got raised to 80. Ditto SU. I did have full relic sets of varying quality before I started though.

* couldn't max points on the storytelling event but I got the jade so who cares

It took me quite a handful of tries but I managed max points on the storytelling event mainly using the units they gave you. The hardest (I thought) were the Blade/Luocha levels. I ended up bringing Asta and constantly checking Blade's buffs to ensure sure the speed buff never fell off. Once I did this I got both levels in maybe 2-3 tries. My Asta was E6, though you should (?) be able to maintain her ult with the energy refill from the trotters.

(I would've posted in this thread, but people stopped posting about it so I thought people weren't having trouble with it anymore.)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

padijun posted:

I don’t think you need to put unreleased character details in spoilers. Might as well put their name/path/element in spoilers at that point. If there’s anyone who actually cares about it I’ll shut up though

I was erring on the side of caution. I didn't really think anyone would have a problem with it, but it cost me like 2 seconds to add the spoiler box.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

GateOfD posted:

I been on the lookout for previews of Star Rail figurines. Sad to say there’s been small news on it.
All I see is a rotating chibi Herta which while cute, I don’t use her

There haven't been any official ones beyond that yet. I'm sure they'll come because the Genshin and HI3 figures are great. Love my Keqing figure and excited to get my Flamescion Kiana.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Zurai posted:

I take the curio first most of the time, and I prioritize blue portals over red ones.

Huh, interesting. I prioritize red over blue (because blue makes you give up resources to get blessings/is not guaranteed to give blessings at all/rarely has the opportunity to get multiple blessings). Genuinely have no idea how you're getting more blessings than a standard red run, but I'll have to give it a shot.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have anything viable yet other than a Clara team, so my SU tactics have been:

Get curio first (get lotto if that's there) > Combat until resonance > Blue until curio that gives guaranteed 3-star blessing OR I get the Blessing that makes Ults count as follow-ups > Red afterwards to get blessings

this is... a bit risky since i don't have an abundance character on that team, but eh

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Leraika posted:

Huh, interesting. I prioritize red over blue (because blue makes you give up resources to get blessings/is not guaranteed to give blessings at all/rarely has the opportunity to get multiple blessings). Genuinely have no idea how you're getting more blessings than a standard red run, but I'll have to give it a shot.

I take the same pathing and usually end up with a minimum of 9 blessings of my path, which is enough for me. I also don't usually care, though. I just run World 3 twice each week for the points and then focus on one world for my relics that week. I usually find it easier to quit after the second elite and just do that twice rather than then stress over beating the boss.

I do need to finish 5-7 on the highest difficulties for the clear bonus, but I'll probably just take Gepard and Luocha and pick Hunt. That usually lets me auto everything, though I need Abundance for 5.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Leraika posted:

Blue nodes are almost all net very positive. There's one or two events that you can end up getting absolutely nothing from, but mostly you'll get either a curio, a blessing, or a ton of fragments which you can trade for curios and blessings. I do have Luocha, so I'm happy to aggressively trade HP for blessings, which I guess might not be true for others.

Also, just for the record, I always take any of the "get a negative curio plus 300 fragments/a 3 star blessing" deals. None of the negative curios are backbreaking, and the curio that rerolls all your curios will turn them into positive ones. I don't see it every run, but it's not rare. If you have a bunch of curios when you get it, you'll probably even snag a couple of blessings out of it from the seals, and you can trade those in blue nodes, etc.

I don't always end up with a perfect setup, but it's quite unusual if I don't get the 2nd path resonance and at least a handful of synergistic off-path blessings. Dunno, maybe I'm just absurdly lucky.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 18, 2023

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Zurai posted:

I was erring on the side of caution. I didn't really think anyone would have a problem with it, but it cost me like 2 seconds to add the spoiler box.

Don’t worry about it, just spoiler tag stuff related to the story. I got in the habit of automatically reading spoilers in this thread because almost none of it actually spoiled anything about the game, until I read what happened in the last quest that everyone hated.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

blue ones seem faster since you can just scroll thru the text choice
if its a blue battle one, it tends to be worth it like the fight two at once and get two blessings or the 4turn one (which is easy) or the trotters

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Danakir posted:

I watched that video and I just want to say that I'm now more confused than I was before watching it so... yay?

It's exactly as I said a few days ago. All the games take place in one universe but in different worlds. Worlds themselves can consist of planets, star systems or even ships consisting of their own ecosystems like the Xianzhou ships and in Star Rail in particular you're traveling from world to world. In theory, the Traveler from Genshin could well have traveled to Jarilo-VI before ending up stuck in Teyvat, for instance.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I took big lotto as my starter, broke a pot, came out empty. Broke second pot, big lotto blew up on me. Great game. :bravo:

I really, really prioritize getting at least a 2nd tier of resonance, so blue nodes are an opportunity cost of not advancing further down your path (if you don't get a blessings option). Some of the curios really are juicy, though.

Tree Reformat posted:

I don't have anything viable yet other than a Clara team, so my SU tactics have been:

Honestly I'd been doing Nihility up to the 2nd-to-highest world because it is one of the most effective and also most fun. And yes, I was doing this with zero dot units (I didn't even have a single Sampo until like 2 days ago), unless you count Asta as a dot unit I guess.

I finally put some investment into my Clara and gave her the 'ideal Clara comp' (Luocha/Clara/Yukong/Tingyun) and I tried an Elation run and... it was still more dicey than I would have liked. I think I still prefer Nihility overall.

But I've just unlocked the highest world level and I've been going Hunt because I'm a coward. Don't be me, be a fun-haver.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just realized something I should have earlier. I was going to bench Quinque since most enemies after MoC 5 aren't weak to Quantum. However, now that I have every 4 star and every sustain except Bailu, I can keep 1 team SW/Quinque/X/X and another focused around Welt and Luocha. XX can be any dps/support/sustain pair, so Asta and Fireblazer or Sushang and Natasha. Basically, any single sustain and matching unit to force Quantum weakness. This also means that Topaz becomes immensely valuable for me, provided her kit doesn't change drastically.

It's a long-term project, but all of my units except Kafka and Natasha are already level 70. So it's mostly gear and traces that need to be focused on.

It also means that Fireblazer becomes my least priority since he almost requires the Herta lc to be viable for solo sustain. So I can build Welt/Luocha/?/?, and SW/Quinque/Pela/March for now.

Maybe build Sampo and Kafka for Welt's team and just put Kafka on a neutral rotation? It sounds fun.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 18, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hunt is perfect if you just want to brute force your way through. I save my fun having for killing Gepard twice a week.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

facepalmolive posted:

I took big lotto as my starter, broke a pot, came out empty. Broke second pot, big lotto blew up on me. Great game. :bravo:

Well at least it wasn’t on floor 12

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

free sushang right after she had a banner is dirty

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

It's even worse because she's been on 2. Jing Yuan's and Blade's. Mine is already e6, so at least I get a free pull from it.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

GateOfD posted:

This is one of the biggest reasons I follow leaks. My Sushang is E0 and had that not been leaked already, I would've pulled on Blade.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

This is one of the biggest reasons I follow leaks. My Sushang is E0 and had that not been leaked already, I would've pulled on Blade.

My Sushang was already e5 at that point, and losing the 50/50 on Blade gave me Welt e2 and Kafka so I'm not too upset. :)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are we supposed to know who the Anonymous that keeps texting us is?

I always reply like I know who it is, even though I don't.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Its Kafka :|

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

Its Kafka :|

This was also my assumption, but Silver Wolf sent you messages directly IIRC and I don't see why Kafka would give a poo poo about being anonymous. And the tone seems sort of different from what I'd expect from her.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Ytlaya posted:

This was also my assumption, but Silver Wolf sent you messages directly IIRC and I don't see why Kafka would give a poo poo about being anonymous. And the tone seems sort of different from what I'd expect from her.

Plausible deniability in case the authorities/Train ask who you are talking to.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

The tone is for the people who see Kafka and picture this.

https://twitter.com/Aquilar92413331/status/1691808684123549769

How do I know? Because she's me.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

people spent some time collating the various Truth and Lies responses and from the looks of it seems obvious to me that Kafka genuinely cares for the Trailblazer, if nothing else

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

Silver Wolf can just do whatever she wants with the galactic internet, she doesn't have to care about hiding her identity if she doesn't want to.

Kafka was a Stellaron Hunter before SW, so she's probably just in the habit of being way more careful about her communication OPSEC, and Blade just doesn't give a single poo poo about his phone outside work.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It's exactly as I said a few days ago. All the games take place in one universe but in different worlds. Worlds themselves can consist of planets, star systems or even ships consisting of their own ecosystems like the Xianzhou ships and in Star Rail in particular you're traveling from world to world. In theory, the Traveler from Genshin could well have traveled to Jarilo-VI before ending up stuck in Teyvat, for instance.

If I'm honest, I still don't understand how that's distinct from just... normal interstellar space travel? If it's all one universe and you're effectively traveling between worlds. I can tell that world here is supposed to mean something different from the common meaning but I can't parse how for the life of me.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ytlaya posted:

Kafka's always pretty friendly with the Trailblazer in particular. She's your mom, even if it's just a joke.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Danakir posted:

If I'm honest, I still don't understand how that's distinct from just... normal interstellar space travel? If it's all one universe and you're effectively traveling between worlds. I can tell that world here is supposed to mean something different from the common meaning but I can't parse how for the life of me.

I think they mean it's like Sliders: technically a multiverse all its own, any individual world we visit is in its own individual universe full of galaxies and black holes and other far off space poo poo that theoretically we could visit given enough time (which is discussed in lore and side quests and stuff), but it's like Star Trek/Gate in that in practice we only ever visit one specific spot in each verse before moving onto the next.

Until we hit Real Honkai Technobabble poo poo, the difference between that and regular space travel, from our perspective as players, is pretty much academic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

facepalmolive posted:

it's not called galactic big lots-of-luck