Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw these are really great shorts.

I’m gonna get a few more pair before they are gone forever.

I’m
Interested but why are they so great? Nice button snap, zippered back pockets, they don’t crotch climb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Virigoth posted:

I’m
Interested but why are they so great? Nice button snap, zippered back pockets, they don’t crotch climb?

Really comfortable. Nice and stretchy. No button snap but a button hole.

No zippered pockets but they have a stretchy part in the back waist which really helps.

I’ve been wearing them all over and including the gym and they are seriously great.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

MarcusSA posted:

No zippered pockets but they have a stretchy part in the back waist which really helps.

I’ve been wearing them all over and including the gym and they are seriously great.

Thank you for your service, parishioner.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

How's the room for the thighs?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

How's the room for the thighs?

I rate them as good to decent. I have bigger legs and they feel good in them. The material stretches really well too so I never feel constricted.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

mds2 posted:

I’ve seen the hotdog/chicken bake combo before, but this guy hit the trifecta. Sorry for the horrible audio

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvv51Elpg84/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

And now I know the proper technique for dogging a chicken bake. Good thing I never tried stuffing it like a bagel dog in public, that might have gotten me excommunicated.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

mds2 posted:

I’ve seen the hotdog/chicken bake combo before, but this guy hit the trifecta. Sorry for the horrible audio

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvv51Elpg84/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

I would text it the day after a first date

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Got an email from church on Tuesday:

quote:

Dear Costco Member,

Our records indicate that you, or one of your add-on members, have purchased item #639271, Kirkland Signature American Vodka, between June 12th, 2023 and August 10, 2023.

It has come to our attention that the taste profile of units marked with certain lot codes may not have met the expected profile normally consistent with this product. While not a food safety issue, this does not meet our quality expectations.

If you purchased this item with one of the below affected lot codes and are not satisfied, please return it to your local Costco for a full refund.

It listed a couple dozen batch numbers that were affected. None of the three bottles I have in the house matched up but it was nice that they let me know.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

iroc.dis posted:

Got an email from church on Tuesday:

It listed a couple dozen batch numbers that were affected. None of the three bottles I have in the house matched up but it was nice that they let me know.

I got that earlier, thankfully wasn't a bottle I had as I picked this up while traveling, so its not like I can return it for another.

whiskas
May 30, 2005
It's some persons job is to pound back shot after shot of kirkland vodka to make sure it matches their taste profile. Probably a real life Jim Lahey.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm just curious what exactly would deviate enough from a well vodka "taste profile" to require a recall. As someone who used to drink a poo poo-ton of cheap vodka I'm really curious what the problem was here.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm just curious what exactly would deviate enough from a well vodka "taste profile" to require a recall. As someone who used to drink a poo poo-ton of cheap vodka I'm really curious what the problem was here.

As someone who also used to drink a poo poo ton of really cheap vodka, the bad stuff can taste kind of oily, is the best way to describe it. If you've ever had Popov (common west coast bottom shelf) that's the taste profile I remember it having.

Some absolutely bottom tier liquor is industrially brewed grain spirits that are then flavored, so I could see that getting hosed up somewhere along the line.

Dunno if Kirkland brand is that kind of rot gut though.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cyrano4747 posted:

As someone who also used to drink a poo poo ton of really cheap vodka, the bad stuff can taste kind of oily, is the best way to describe it. If you've ever had Popov (common west coast bottom shelf) that's the taste profile I remember it having.

Some absolutely bottom tier liquor is industrially brewed grain spirits that are then flavored, so I could see that getting hosed up somewhere along the line.

I drank my share of Popov, but my preferred cheap brand was Country Club. If they were aiming more for the latter and ended up with the former then I guess that makes more sense.

Glad I quit drinking a long time ago.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

I remember hearing at some point that the Kirkland vodka is just copacked Grey Goose? Maybe a French vodka? I don’t remember and can’t be bothered to look it up, but that’s the gist of the rumor I heard

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I remember hearing at some point that the Kirkland vodka is just copacked Grey Goose? Maybe a French vodka? I don’t remember and can’t be bothered to look it up, but that’s the gist of the rumor I heard

I've heard that in this thread many, many times but never bothered to check either.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

It's the same poo poo we hear about every value brand. Just start saying it about anything. Oh these Kirkland baby wipes are the same factory as Charmin. Kirkland vitamin d is just from the swept up scraps left behind from nature's bounty!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Kirkland French vodka is just a good copycat. The American vodka is a Tito's knockoff. They're not copacked but the quality is identical. Normally, before this recall, which was apparently caused by a bit of a batch of rum getting mixed in.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: ^^^ well poo poo, Tito's is generally the best I've had.

StormDrain posted:

It's the same poo poo we hear about every value brand. Just start saying it about anything. Oh these Kirkland baby wipes are the same factory as Charmin. Kirkland vitamin d is just from the swept up scraps left behind from nature's bounty!

Yeah but is it the same product?

I was at the Miller brewery a few years ago and on their lines at the time was Milwaukee's Best Light, which imo, tastes very similar to Miller Lite but is about 2/3rds the cost at most. They're not the same of course but they're made on the same equipment.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

From talking to one of the corporate buyers many years ago, that was true at first. Grey Goose made a giant pile of vodka, decided to sell 80% of it, and the rest went to Costco. That hasn't been accurate in a decade or more though. She didn't say who the then current producer was, and I'm sure it's someone different by now anyway.

Benoit
Jun 26, 2006

FLY NAVY

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw these are really great shorts.

I’m gonna get a few more pair before they are gone forever.

Hell yea I got two pairs plus the pants. Great shorts.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Got the big thing of Mac n cheese, surprisingly acceptable.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Bought an ultrawide monitor that I ended up returning this morning since i had the day off. It was like 10:30 and I was in line for the only rep doing returns and some boomer behind me just couldn't fathom having to wait and interrupted the rep doing a return to ask him to open another register and then made a statement about how "we're all members". Yep, and we're all waiting together. I hate the morning olds.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Dude knows he has less clock left - gotta whip these poorly executive-functioning plebs to get to it so he can get back to complaining to his wife

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Way back in the day I had a supervisor respond to an irate customer who was yelling at him to "just open more registers" by handing him a job application lol

Open more registers, the customer yells, as 28 of 30 registers are open and every employee in the building who is trained to operate one is already on one.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Kirkland has two vodkas, a Grey Goose knockoff, and a Tito's knockoff. I haven't opened the Tito one yet to see how it compares. The only one of their boozes I didn't like was the spiced rum, it was just foul.
I have a bottle of the new 12 year mixed scotch i'll have to try at some point. And their Jameson copy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i'm sure you ge tthis approximately every single week, but how is the Chicken Abomination Bake? i'll get around to trying it at some point but so far I've always gone "maybe i should get a smoothie" (and they're good) or "when i get home i can make a meal out of part of the one hundred ninety-seven pounds of food i have just purchased"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Really bland but gave me heartburn and gross burps

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Put mustard and onions on it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

s'gross op

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Everything about it makes it sound like it should be amazing but it manages to be disappointing every time

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

hotdog and soda for $1.50 is the true communion imo

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Airconswitch posted:

Everything about it makes it sound like it should be amazing but it manages to be disappointing every time

but maybe next time...

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

SlimGoodbody posted:

Long ago, the by far most absolutely hosed up thing I ever did at a Costco was create a meal I had theory crafted for years called "The Godkiller." I finally made and ate one when I was probably 20 or so, after first conceiving of it at 14 on a Costco run with my mom.

The way it worked was, you got the polish sausage, the chicken bake, and the combo pizza slice. You bite a hole in the end of the chicken bake and stick the sausage inside it. Then you fold the pizza slice longways and put the chicken bake in it like a hotdog in a bun. Then you crank some onions over it. I skipped dinner the night before and ate nothing all day until the late afternoon, when I assembled my monument to degenerate American excess, the Godkiller, and dug in.

Hunger and momentum carried me through the first 75% of it, but the last quarter was an exponentially increasing act of will. With the aid of several glasses of Coca-Cola, I finished it, and was miserable, and didn't eat for almost another entire day. It was not particularly good, but it wasn't terrible either; obtaining one's idle caprices is often met with the bittersweet realization that reality can't live up to years of fantasy. God only knows how many calories were in that atrocity.

There's nothing to say about what I did in the restroom after I digested this monstrosity that couldn't also be said about pouring the foundation of a large building with a malfunctioning industrial cement mixer. I never attempted the Godkiller again, and no one ever will, because several of the components are now lost to time.

Also, so you can correctly picture what the few onlookers at the Orange County Costco cafeteria were watching with what must have been a mixture of revulsion and fascination: imagine a 6'4", 135lb babyfaced goth guy with smudgy eyeliner in a long sleeve tee shirt from the movie The Crow, sitting alone, slowly and silently housing The Entire Costco Entree Menu at once, groaning periodically. God bless America, the troops, and George W Bush.

Stolen from the CSPAM economy thread

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
braver than any u.s. marine, but possibly just as stupid

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sounds like we got a new eating challenge. Deadfatduckfat?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

Sounds like we got a new eating challenge. Deadfatduckfat?

Do we need to specifically put it together that way?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

840 calories in a chicken bake
370 calories in a polish sausage
680 calories in a combo slice
10-15 calories in onions
200-250 calories for a fountain coke at Costco.

Let’s assume the low end and count only three cokes.

2500 calories in one sitting.

I would think a goon could do more.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah it seems too easy compared to the burrito challenge tbh.

Maybe the challenge should be two of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Also how is someone 6 foot 4 but only 135 pounds