Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tree Reformat posted:

I think they mean it's like Sliders: technically a multiverse all its own, any individual world we visit is in its own individual universe full of galaxies and black holes and other far off space poo poo that theoretically we could visit given enough time (which is discussed in lore and side quests and stuff), but it's like Star Trek/Gate in that in practice we only ever visit one specific spot in each verse before moving onto the next.

Until we hit Real Honkai Technobabble poo poo, the difference between that and regular space travel, from our perspective as players, is pretty much academic.

Yeah as the video goes into, the use of worlds is because of Many Worlds Theory. So a world could be a single planet. A star system, or even a galaxy. But it's still just called A World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

facepalmolive posted:

I really, really prioritize getting at least a 2nd tier of resonance, so blue nodes are an opportunity cost of not advancing further down your path (if you don't get a blessings option). Some of the curios really are juicy, though.

I don't think that blue nodes are worse for getting resonance. I always pick blue nodes when available, and of the 8 runs over the past two weeks that the app still has blessing data for, only 2 of those don't have two path resonances. And the reason for that is I chose to dip into other paths more instead of going all-in on my main one (if I see Hell is Other People and Night Beyond Pyre I will choose them every time even if I'm not doing Nihility). I still got plenty of blessings.

I had an average of 19 blessings per run, and an average of 13 in my path.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I just grab the 1 star Herta blessings to prop up my path if I’m lacking in them. The highest I’ve ever gotten was I think I had 20 straight Abundance (which is an extremely funny way to achieve total immortality.)

:j: let’s get ready to reliiiiic

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Eimi posted:

Yeah as the video goes into, the use of worlds is because of Many Worlds Theory. So a world could be a single planet. A star system, or even a galaxy. But it's still just called A World.

maybe this just outs me as uncultured or whatever but this just smacks of someone trying to sound cooler than they actually are.

edit so I don't sound so flippant: if you're going to have a setting where One World = One Universe and then do nothing interesting with that concept, such that interstellar spacetravel and dimension hopping are effectively identical, then it just reads like the writers want their world to be special without putting any effort into doing so. maybe they'll go into it more later, I dunno, but right now it doesn't add anything to the setting.

UHD fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 19, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

UHD posted:

maybe this just outs me as uncultured or whatever but this just smacks of someone trying to sound cooler than they actually are.

edit so I don't sound so flippant: if you're going to have a setting where One World = One Universe and then do nothing interesting with that concept, such that interstellar spacetravel and dimension hopping are effectively identical, then it just reads like the writers want their world to be special without putting any effort into doing so. maybe they'll go into it more later, I dunno, but right now it doesn't add anything to the setting.

Part of it is for these characters, it's commonplace. When we started to encounter that sort of thing in HI3 it got a lot of explanation because for our characters it was new. And yeah I mean Mihoyo loves sticking those kind of philosophical concepts in randomly. It's why light cones are called light cones and not just weapons. Half of it is them being nerds and half of it is absolutely just starting to sound cooler. Though Many Worlds Theorem and and the Theory of Forms inform a lot about Mihoyo setup the universe.

The only times I've set in in SR right is the Luocha quest example I posted, and I think it explains why there are two Bronya's. They're both from different Worlds, so of course there can be many Bronya's. And obviously to connect it back to the other Hoyoverse games.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
I always buy curios in respite zones and I've gotten in the habit of not breaking the health/technique canisters until after, so my best big lotto win was actually resetting it with the void wick trimmer then going back to smash those and it procced on all three. Plus broke again. Had line 12 curios that run.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

JT Jag posted:

Randomly reposting this SA friend list sheet because I just went looking for it

Added my 136 Speed 4771 ATK Luocha to the list if anyone needs support.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Clarste posted:

Kafka's always pretty friendly with the Trailblazer in particular. She's your mom, even if it's just a joke.

Honestly the vibes I get from Kafka's anonymous texts are kind of melancholy? The tone of them feels like she really wants to spend time with the MC but circumstances prevent it, so she talks about trivial nothings because she wants to know you're doing okay.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I definitely also get the vibe of a mother trying to connect from Kafka

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
IE: She's your mom, even if it's a joke.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
she may be your mom, she is my future wife

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

it's also a small facet of having control since she can dictate when the conversation ends or etc

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Considering that Kafka more or less raised you and taught you everything you need to know to be a functional(?) adult, it's not that much of a stretch to say she's your mom even if not biologically so.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

double relics more like double nothing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Double relic exp fodder.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kafka is God

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Good Format
ting

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

Good Format
ting
Don't get me started...

I really hope they've fixed that in 1.3.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
I'm going to finally replace Clara's purples. Goddamnit.

First run, Crit Rate + Crit Damage gloves. Here we gooo.
Second run... SPD boots which I guess Sushang can wear if they roll some crit.
Third run... Zilch.

See you tomorrow.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 19, 2023

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
Now that I'm catching up on traces and levels on all the characters on my primary 2 teams, I'm tempted to start levelling the Herta/Himeko meme team. Talk me out of it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Do it.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Eimi posted:

So hey, who wants to feel even more disappointed in the 1.2 story? Ashikai put out a great video summarizing the High Cloud Quintet and what probably happened to get Dan Feng exiled for the people not insane enough to hunt down all this reading material themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXV7lu3y-4

Good video, loving love Ashikai's Genshin stuff so it's been great seeing her do Star Rail too. Cannot wait for her to start getting really :tinfoil: with it like she does with Genshin. Also loved how her latest Genshin video that starts at Plato and then brings up HI3 stuff to reach a level BEYOND :tinfoil:.

More directly on topic, drat, we get a lot of playable villains in this game. I did not realize before this video how bad Jingliu is, although compared to the Stellaron Hunters her torturing and brainwashing Blade is sort of a "one death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic" thing.

I don't even like Blade but that is rough.
(After all the trial versions I do wish I had him though, he's very strong and unlike Kafka does not overlap with one of my favorites.)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My biggest problem with raising Kafka is that I already have a high level and highly invested Serval as well, at e6. It almost makes me wonder if I should bother.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
You should :]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I am, along with Sampo for support. It just makes me kind of sad to bench Serval. That's why I've decided not to go for Dragon Dan, because I am very happy with my Welt.

Today's relic dives gave me a Wind Crit chest piece, and a Fire hand piece with Break Effect and Crit that Asta will love. Everything else is trash, but I have a lot of relics that need levels.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Getting trash relics twice as fast now. At least I got a 10 speed defense hat for FMC (making him my fastest character), but I have probably spent 2000 stamina trying to build a lightning set for JY and I still do not have more than two total pieces of the lightning set that have main stat + 1 secondary stat, still splitting 2/2 with the wild wheat set.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

finally got a nice upgrade to my Sushang's head piece.
went up like 24% crit dam

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pain of Mind posted:

Getting trash relics twice as fast now. At least I got a 10 speed defense hat for FMC (making him my fastest character), but I have probably spent 2000 stamina trying to build a lightning set for JY and I still do not have more than two total pieces of the lightning set that have main stat + 1 secondary stat, still splitting 2/2 with the wild wheat set.
My Jing Yuan has been weirdly hard to equip too, both in armor and trinkets. In all the time I've spent playing this game I've literally never gotten a 5-star crit rate lighting chestpiece to drop

Kale
May 14, 2010

Captain France posted:

Good video, loving love Ashikai's Genshin stuff so it's been great seeing her do Star Rail too. Cannot wait for her to start getting really :tinfoil: with it like she does with Genshin. Also loved how her latest Genshin video that starts at Plato and then brings up HI3 stuff to reach a level BEYOND :tinfoil:.

More directly on topic, drat, we get a lot of playable villains in this game. I did not realize before this video how bad Jingliu is, although compared to the Stellaron Hunters her torturing and brainwashing Blade is sort of a "one death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic" thing.

I don't even like Blade but that is rough.
(After all the trial versions I do wish I had him though, he's very strong and unlike Kafka does not overlap with one of my favorites.)

Oh so that's the reason of behind the one fanart I saw of her glaring down at Blade like a pyschopath with him having blood pouring out of his mouth and a dead eyed stare. Thought it was just an edgy fanartist.

e: Yeah this channels a great find and good supplemental material to Catwiththebluehat. This is hands down my preferred type of youtube stuff based on Hoyoverse stuff. That guys videos are usually only 3-10 minutes long and tend to cover list type formats of stuff he thinks may get overlooked by players, or theories about upcoming content with support/analysis (startling accuracy rate in retrospect too) though, while these seem more like 30-40 minute deep dives into a particular topic.

Kale fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Aug 20, 2023

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Finally got 30 stars on MoC :toot:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Kale posted:

Oh so that's the reason of behind the one fanart I saw of her glaring down at Blade like a pyschopath with him having blood pouring out of his mouth and a dead eyed stare. Thought it was just an edgy fanartist.

Yeah I hadn’t checked the lore, rolled him, checked his character story on ascends and went :stonklol: That fanart is just a scene from his level 20 info.

The most interesting part of Honkai right now for me is the hunters, especially since the dang heng stuff is 80% fleshed out in the data bank and we don’t have that much on the rest of the Astral Express yet (I never played impact). The only thing I really don’t want is the theorising Sam = Sampo in armour. It would be a massive downgrade for me and I won’t pull if that’s the case, I don’t like Sampo at all.

For the survey I put in that I thought text messages (or at least Kafka’s) should be at least partially separated from rolling them. It will do nothing, of course, but hope springs eternal.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

coolusername posted:

The only thing I really don’t want is the theorising Sam = Sampo in armour. It would be a massive downgrade for me and I won’t pull if that’s the case, I don’t like Sampo at all.
Seems unlikely at this point. They have different voice actors.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the sam(po) thing only works in english. in chinese the names are

桑博 and 萨姆. Theyre written entirely different.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also silver wolf describes sam as 'a metal humanoid,' and blade's character story has his narration describe him as 'not another person,' and uses 'it' as a pronoun for sam, so it seems way more likely that sam is a robot like svarog, not a person.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm going to guess Sam is a former Galaxy Ranger who is a robotic humanoid like Screwllum, possibly even residing from there

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Walla posted:

I am, along with Sampo for support. It just makes me kind of sad to bench Serval. That's why I've decided not to go for Dragon Dan, because I am very happy with my Welt.

You dont bench serval at all. You use her with Kafka against enemies with lightning weaknesses if you raised her

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
In the context of a Kafka team you do bench Serval because she offers way less than actual DOT characters or supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Nothing in this game currently requires optimal teams. Just invest in your relics/talents and you can get through.