Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Hed posted:

I think you know which picture you must get it to describe

it sadly refuses to do images of people and deletes any you upload, seems really sensitive about it too since it would even refuse to do cartoons

first thing i thought to ask it was "what is this man doing to his anus?" but i think you'd get banned for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Hed posted:

Does bard pass the tuRING test?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

it sadly refuses to do images of people and deletes any you upload, seems really sensitive about it too since it would even refuse to do cartoons

first thing i thought to ask it was "what is this man doing to his anus?" but i think you'd get banned for that

Bing Chat also accepts image uploads now and instead of refusing to process images with people, it automatically blurs their faces instead.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BoldFace posted:

Bing Chat also accepts image uploads now and instead of refusing to process images with people, it automatically blurs their faces instead.

there’s no face in goatse to blur

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
was just looking at some photos just as part of some ad on instagram and I am sure they’re real but for a moment thought they were AI but that’s interesting in a sense that now high quality photography looks like AI and vice versa

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol this whole set is great

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvAJKokoamT/

Dalek Couture

edit: oh drat while you might still be able to spot little quirks of MidJourney-generated people pics, setting it to create actually-artificial toy pics is a lot harder to spot the AI foibles:

Cyber Barbies: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu4LFrvtO_b/

there's a bit of the usual overly-greebled details in a few of these, but it's not nearly as noticeable as 'IRL AI' would be.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 24, 2023

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit: oh drat while you might still be able to spot little quirks of MidJourney-generated people pics, setting it to create actually-artificial toy pics is a lot harder to spot the AI foibles:

Cyber Barbies: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu4LFrvtO_b/

there's a bit of the usual overly-greebled details in a few of these, but it's not nearly as noticeable as 'IRL AI' would be.

Holy poo poo.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Well poo poo, I gotta check out this new barbie movie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCWf2VGdfc

ahahah this is making me laugh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that in vr could get disturbing

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
that city demo is really impressive

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
First actually interesting use of LLMs I've seen in a while tbh

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I've seen AI Sim Chat bodged into Skyrim before (of course) with text entry on the player side, but the UE5 demo is a lot more polished with realtime vox imput.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6sVWEu9HWU&t=94s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the way so many people have a new york accent and going “that’s not of your business” lol. it’s like they’re primed to know they’re in a city and generally talking to strangers is awkward

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hydroceramics posted:

1970s prog rock sci fi paperback cover:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is fuckin high quality

hydroceramics posted:

Tried the hand thing on MJ. "A normal human hand with 4 fingers and 1 thumb";

Hey, not bad MJ, you've made a lot of prog....

Huh. Okay. Let's try "a normal orc ish hand with 4 fingers":

:discourse:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

arguably more interesting to ask for a hand with six fingers, to demonstrate that counting is more the issue, where it is kind of a weak outcome that with sufficient tweaking the model can be made to directly reproduce a certain thing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
heh maybe but i’m just so fuckin impressed with the detail. the artistic direction of AI is one thing, but the actual reproduced detail in the images is of a very high quality. that’s what makes me go
holy poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

hah, trying this one and every time it does the concat, and then continues with some random thing. first time it told me it can't do image processing, and now it just gave me a bio of Fernando Torres, former Spanish professional footballer and current football manager

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Elder Postsman posted:

hah, trying this one and every time it does the concat, and then continues with some random thing. first time it told me it can't do image processing, and now it just gave me a bio of Fernando Torres, former Spanish professional footballer and current football manager

it’s funny that sometimes it realizes i’m not asking a code question and complains then goes “but anyway this is what it would look like” which triggers it anyway lol

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Updated video time reference, and captions from clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOSrzEfeftI&t=2574s

Adam Conover is clearly not stupid, but can someone explain the blaming here?

Adam Conover posted:

... when you listen to the people who are promoting the technology what they always do is they decry responsibility they say oh God the technology is so scary oh we can only hope but to not destroy the world with them like you're the ones building it you're in control right and you are going to Congress and saying please put in the regulations I tell you to put in because I'm telling you that this is so scary I think if someone comes and sells you that bill of goods you should say no you're the problem you're the person that I'm worried about right I am not I'm gonna stop listening to you and I'm gonna stop worrying about the technological you know Boogeyman and that you're throwing up at my path and I'm going to start trying to put in place social protections governmental protections contractual regulations to protect me from like you that's that's my POV

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 4, 2023

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

interesting

just noticed bing identifies its chat as GPT-4 now too :thunk:

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

MrMoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOSrzEfeftI&t=2554s

Adam Conover is clearly not stupid, but can someone explain the comment (43:55s, after romance novel churn) blaming OpenAI et al?

i'm not sure exactly what part you're asking about.

but the first part is pretty plain from openai's history really. like if you check out their charter it's pretty clear they're hyping themselves up as a group trying to create artificial general intelligence with the explicit goal to do it first so that they can exert control over the use of ai. they're all very concerned (possibly genuinely because they're dipshits) about creating dangerous all-powerful ai and think they're the ones that can solve the problems and help humanity.

of course it's bullshit, they just want to make money but y'know that's just how the valley works.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Eeyo posted:

i'm not sure exactly what part you're asking about.

It's about wanting to stop OpenAI going to congress for regulation on AI. Does this extend to Zuckerberg in wanting regulation on social media?

I edited the post to include captions from the clip.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

oh got it, i wasn't sure if you meant the part where he's talking about social/government/contractual protections or the earlier part.

but yeah i guess my naive take is you probably shouldn't listen to openai (especially the owners) or mark zuckerberg when they talk about regulation. like sure they can ask for regulations, but the owners of the corporations which stand to profit from the field are inherently biased and should not be listened to for policy advice.

i don't think adam is saying that you should reject regulating ai tech because openai is asking for regulation, just that you shouldn't let openai help craft the regulations.

like i would not listen to the ceo of exxon mobil when they're talking about climate change regulation. (not that ai or social media are as big of a threat as climate change, just another example of someone who shouldn't be listened to because of their bias)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

(via)

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ugh lol the DeSantis Blobfish looks like the worlds worst sperm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvudDbAuQ7K/

(Elon looks barely any different)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:chloe:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
braddock pibama??

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

brad obama was a solid pres

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Man gently caress this guy in particular :mad:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Filtering suivellence footage seems like a real use case for ai
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-66508840.amp

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

echinopsis posted:

braddock pibama??

squink your eyes and he has a bit of a dwayne the rock johnson vibe

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I used to work for a company that had a very specific problem, that ai solved nicely. We had a bunch of photos of flats/hotel rooms/houses all untagged and were showing hero images on a website by picking a random one (first alphabetically by however they were named). Unfortunately a non zero amount of the time this was a photo of the accomodations toilet, and our product people objected whenever they got a search or filter page full of toilet pics.

The solution was to feed all our photos into our cloud providers generic image tagger, and mark any that came back as "toilet", "bathroom" etc. as not suitable for hero images. Worked perfectly!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

distortion park posted:

I used to work for a company that had a very specific problem, that ai solved nicely. We had a bunch of photos of flats/hotel rooms/houses all untagged and were showing hero images on a website by picking a random one (first alphabetically by however they were named). Unfortunately a non zero amount of the time this was a photo of the accomodations toilet, and our product people objected whenever they got a search or filter page full of toilet pics.

The solution was to feed all our photos into our cloud providers generic image tagger, and mark any that came back as "toilet", "bathroom" etc. as not suitable for hero images. Worked perfectly!

a win for your use-case sure, but still a fail for AI since many of those non-tagged rooms had probably been pissed and poo poo in at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
seems like youre leaving a lot of money on the table by not starting a site catering to toilet fetishists