Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Big Jeff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cj stroud

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

lmao, good one

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
AFC South fans trying to talk up their division when 3 out of the four teams drafted QBs from the weakest QB class in a while and the other team is the Jags is very funny. We're all going to be 6-11 at the end of the season, is my guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The only thing about the Jaguars that will be 6-11 is Travon Walker's wingspan

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

The only thing about the Jaguars that will be 6-11 is Travon Walker's wingspan
I was going to go with "Number of sacks per game" but thats cool too.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Probably Magic posted:

3 out of the four teams drafted QBs from the weakest QB class in a while

How soon we forget 2022

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I was going to go with "Number of sacks per game" but thats cool too.

It's this one.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was glad to see Willis can throw the ball more than 5 yeards past the LOS, was really worried he couldn't even do that

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

AFC South fans trying to talk up their division when 3 out of the four teams drafted QBs from the weakest QB class in a while and the other team is the Jags is very funny. We're all going to be 6-11 at the end of the season, is my guess.

The Titans love to be very close to break even, regardless of overall team skill. 9-8 or 8-9.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I will say 10-7 for the Titans

Sweep Texans and Colts, split Jags

losses to Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers, Jaguars, Dolphins, Seahawks in that order

Non divisional wins being Saints, Browns, Falcons/Titans Jr., Bucs, Panthers

e: I was originally giving them the Ravens game cause it's a home game, just saw that's an international game, so.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 17, 2023

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Lmao, the jags qb for the Detroit game is Beathard. I’m buying that goddamn jersey.

They are pronouncing it “bea-third” but they’re churchin it up. We all know.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This Jaguars preseason team's third string WRs would be starters on a lot of our past teams

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

This Jaguars preseason team's third string WRs would be starters on a lot of our past teams
Thats not a high bar to clear. Who has been standing out? Anyone that will make the actual roster?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Thats not a high bar to clear. Who has been standing out? Anyone that will make the actual roster?
Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Zay Jones and Jamal Agnew are all roster locks

Parker Washington is the backup return guy to Agnew, does other special teams stuff, has incredibly sure hands and was a draft pick and is also probably a lock

Leaves the Jaguars with 4 really good players for one spot.

Tim Jones is the most "obvious" choice, he's a good special teamer and blocker

Elijah Cooks and Jacob Harris are a pair of really athletic, fast 6'4 big body guys who have both flashed, Cooks tore up the Lions today. If they go with Jones, I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them cleared waivers

Kevin Austin Jr. and Kendrick Pryor are both 4.4 dudes who have done good things in camp but haven't really flashed in preseason games

Those are the most noteworthy ones

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Aug 19, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

JT Jag posted:

Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Zay Jones and Jamal Agnew are all roster locks

Parker Washington is the backup return guy to Agnew, does other special teams stuff, has incredibly sure hands and was a draft pick and is also probably a lock

Leaves the Jaguars with 4 really good players for one spot.

Tim Jones is the most "obvious" choice, he's a good special teamer and blocker

Elijah Cooks and Jacob Harris are a pair of really athletic, fast 6'4 big body guys who have both flashed, Cooks tore up the Lions today. If they go with Jones, I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them cleared waivers

Kevin Austin Jr. and Kendrick Pryor are both 4.4 dudes who have done good things in camp but haven't really flashed in preseason games

Those are the most noteworthy ones
Awesome, thank you! I'm rootin' for Parker Washington so I'm glad to hear his hands are good.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Woof, Texans got smoked

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

Woof, Texans got smoked
UNDISPUTED preseason AFC South leaders, your Jacksonville Jaguars

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I see spears had another good showing hopefully this is the hb2 that's actually good

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

standouts in the first half definitely tyjae spears and eric garror. chig left malik out in the cold with two drops and brewer had a lovely snap, but malik's hosed up on his own enough that it feels like he's leaving this opportunity on the table.

still got the second half, but c'mon man. this was your night.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

titan uppppp

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

I see spears had another good showing hopefully this is the hb2 that's actually good

Aw, Haskins ain't the worst. But glad we have some more depth in that room.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Aw, Haskins ain't the worst. But glad we have some more depth in that room.

well, he might be, depends on what comes out of his Aug 30 court date for domestic violence and strangulation

with henry and spears and chestnut all rolling, haskins is absolutely going to be cut. he's not even getting competition reps in these preseason games now unless i missed his last night.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Off the field stuff aside dude sucks waste of a roster spot

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

well, he might be, depends on what comes out of his Aug 30 court date for domestic violence and strangulation

with henry and spears and chestnut all rolling, haskins is absolutely going to be cut. he's not even getting competition reps in these preseason games now unless i missed his last night.

Oh gently caress, didn't know that, ignore that last post.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1693742945302655405?t=oBsRT495k4E08HzdtKvg8A&s=19

titan up

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I doubt any team puts out anything acceptable for him. I think this is to show him that there really isn't much value out there and he's gonna have to play the season out.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

no i agree. absolutely terrible time to be willingly entering into the RB market, but even if it leads to nothing, it's a massive indicator that poo poo is rotten over there that he's trying to get out, even if they know he won't get his worth.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Codependent Poster posted:

I doubt any team puts out anything acceptable for him. I think this is to show him that there really isn't much value out there and he's gonna have to play the season out.

This is obviously accurate but still: lol

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

alternatively the Colts could have just offered him a like 3 year deal because they have the room entering year one of a rookie QB contract

but, nah

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JT Jag posted:

alternatively the Colts could have just offered him a like 3 year deal because they have the room entering year one of a rookie QB contract

but, nah

I think they're a bit gunshy because right after they gave big contracts to Nelson and Leonard they got hurt. So with JT coming off an injury and the RB market being as it is, it's probably smart for them to see if he gets back to form before giving him a contract. It sucks for JT and I would like if they all just worked it out, but that's the NFL for you.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it just seems like they could have a solid conversation about "hey, you get healthy and show us you're still elite, we'll give you an extension in the $XM per year ballpark."

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EvilBeard posted:

Yeah, it just seems like they could have a solid conversation about "hey, you get healthy and show us you're still elite, we'll give you an extension in the $XM per year ballpark."

Well the unspoken part of that statement is “and if you get hurt again or just have a down year then we will cut you loose after using up most of the tread on your tires and paying you relative peanuts, doesn’t that sound great?!”

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Alternatively his ankle is hosed and he wants some idiot team to pay him anyway

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Caleb Farleys house exploded from some kind of gas leak or something and his dad died in the explosion. Wtf man

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://www.qcnews.com/news/u-s/north-carolina/iredell-county/mooresville/mooresville-house-involved-in-overnight-explosion/

Not to make light of the situation but going off the photos that was a huge loving explosion good lord. Rip

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
came itt to make light of the situation but read into some more and changed my mind drat that sux

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Wow, this blew up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

yeesh, that's awful. dude has just the worst luck. apparently already lost his mom, his career long injury stretch, now this. rough.