Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
nfl.com of all places has a lot of basic trade/injury information which is relatively easy to pick out. The write-ups are pretty minimal, though, and of course they’re not going to do actual investigations or anything critical of the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

other than this thread, what's everyone's favorite way to get a no-bullshit news roundup on the last 24 hours of the NFL? preferably something that's phone friendly and not infested with ads everywhere. text based.

so no autoplay videos, no "opinion" pieces, no previews of upcoming things, etc. just like -- actual news and important happenings of the last day?

every site or app is so optimized for ads or engagement these days that I can't find a goddamn vanilla news site anymore

Make a mastodon account and follow all the sportswriter bots that retweet their Twitter accounts. Turn off images if you want.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Bjvw62TEM

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Overthecap has Clowney on a one year contract worth 2.5 million. That would be an obscenely good deal so I suspect that's a placeholder for something while the real info comes in.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Overthecap has Clowney on a one year contract worth 2.5 million. That would be an obscenely good deal so I suspect that's a placeholder for something while the real info comes in.

that is the deal iirc. it has escalators that can reach 6 million but its base 2.5

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1692982708652187975?t=LggQgCmvfetVkflubZ0nhg&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, I dunno.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1693016567670276263

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good hit imo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1693029659963769033?t=MqbZKqOfiqihKUTvnKiqnA&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Maybe I'd have to slow that down more to see something, but it looks like he sees what he hits and isn't headhunting?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Grittybeard posted:

Maybe I'd have to slow that down more to see something, but it looks like he sees what he hits and isn't headhunting?

It was a terrible call and even worse to apply a big fine to it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it looks like they judged it by going frame by frame and saw that alexander lowered his head just before the hit. even though that was done at the very last moment and did not involve the helmet or intend to. it's instinctive to do this when you are laying your body out horizontally the same way and will almost always be done when making a big hit with your shoulder and that's what he did. very stupid, should be rescinded and apologized for by the NF League.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

loving WOW

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1693067805577339231?s=46

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/inside-the-dwayne-haskins-wrongful-death-civil-complaint

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I can't remember if they ever released the toxicology report on Haskins, but that's pretty crazy if its true.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

how low is the bar for Tua

https://twitter.com/ian693/status/1692996869113168386?t=PwH9TtXTkbahlqIrE8XrPA&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The bar is "If Tua didn't roll when he could've then it's his fault he got another concussion."

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BlindSite posted:

I can't remember if they ever released the toxicology report on Haskins, but that's pretty crazy if its true.

They did and I remember because it seemed really bizarre that he had loving ketamine in his system with a .2 blood alcohol and still capable of starting a car.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m very excited if Tua learned how to fall better with his new jiu jitsu powers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That list of defendants is wild. They really cast a wide net on the suit.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ehud posted:

I’m very excited if Tua learned how to fall better with his new jiu jitsu powers

I know it might seem strange but he wanged his head off the ground more than once last couple years and they do drill pretty hard into you how to break fall and fall properly in most grappling sports so it couldn't have hurt.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BlindSite posted:

I know it might seem strange but he wanged his head off the ground more than once last couple years and they do drill pretty hard into you how to break fall and fall properly in most grappling sports so it couldn't have hurt.

Should’ve studied with pro wrestlers so he could really learn how to bump.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

It’s more just weird that the roll he’s being praised for his how you’d really just expect a qb to fall anyway.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

It’s more just weird that the roll he’s being praised for his how you’d really just expect a qb to fall anyway.

It's this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm more just getting at - if your head getting poo poo whipped into the turf is why you're getting concussed, it's probably a decent idea to seek out someone who is experienced in teaching people how not to die when being poo poo whipped.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I mean, I agree. I’m just more surprised because it seems like Tua learning to fall would be an analog to Ron DeSantis learning to laugh naturally.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

No Butt Stuff posted:

I mean, I agree. I’m just more surprised because it seems like Tua learning to fall would be an analog to Ron DeSantis learning to laugh naturally.

to be fair this would also be newsworthy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

it's always a surprise sometimes how guys make it to where they do without knowing some basic stuff.

Cam Newton having to teach his offensive coordinator what a no huddle offense was...

Someone else needed to learn how to slide iirc not that long ago too.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

miami feeling like it might take the next step now that their quarterback learned how to take his rear end kickings properly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

it's always a surprise sometimes how guys make it to where they do without knowing some basic stuff.

Cam Newton having to teach his offensive coordinator what a no huddle offense was...

Someone else needed to learn how to slide iirc not that long ago too.

RG3 iirc

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

n: titans get their first win since november 17 2022

v: we're back baby

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Soul Glo posted:

n: titans get their first win since november 17 2022

v: we're back baby

Y'all moved out of Texas a long time ago, you don't get to be back every year.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The camera wiggles around after the staffer leaves the view, but if you look at the Panthers logo directly behind the staffer, Bryce looks only about 1-2 inches taller than the staffer. Woof.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pats preseason game got called because corner Isaiah Bolden got knocked out in a collision with a teammate

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/1693099022574105016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

This reminds me of prom. The photographer told me to stand on a box so I'd be taller than my date in the picture. I hope Bryce kicks rear end and takes names

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

Pats preseason game got called because corner Isaiah Bolden got knocked out in a collision with a teammate

Won't inline it in case you don't want to see it but it's just bad luck. But the man does not move at all once he's on the ground.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Stats/status/1693096744748187711

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, it was one of those instantaneous calls to the trainer moments.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Won't inline it in case you don't want to see it but it's just bad luck. But the man does not move at all once he's on the ground.

Fwiw he was showing motion after he got put on the stretcher. Still very bad, but not Hamlin level bad I think.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Anyone looking at comments about the game being suspended is about to see the worst opinions in the world from the blue checks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
they should give tua special permission to wear those goofy padded guardian caps in actual games

like how Glass Joe gets a helmet after his hundredth loss