Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

swordfish duelist posted:

My younger brother at least mentioned that he didn't want to buy the game just for it to be taken down completely due to losing the lawsuit. Everyone else just doesn't want to use anything other than steam. :shrug:

I'm having fun with it solo, but it was definitely more fun with others. I just need to get used to how it plays again. I've been away too long.

I did get a successful extraction out of the 5 rounds I've played.

are you on the discord? we have people playing most evenings US time, come join us while waiting for your buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Demon Of The Fall posted:

are you on the discord? we have people playing most evenings US time, come join us while waiting for your buds.

I am not but I'll hop into it. Haven't played with goons in ages.

Edit: is there a current invite link to the discord? OP link expired.

Draven fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 18, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #5**
@everyone,
We will be doing the hotfix #5 update starting at <t:1692372600>.
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely.
The servers will return to full service 2 hours after the start of the patch.

**Patch Notes:**
- Fixed a bug where multiple filters in the trade post could not be applied simultaneously.
- Bard's score for a Good performance has been slightly lowered.
- The drop rate of Lion’s Head Chest and Gold Chest has been improved.
- Cave Troll Elite can now drop a Mystical Gem.
- A temporary timer is displayed indicating the end of the season ranks.
- Other minor fixes.

Thank you for playing Dark and Darker.

swordfish duelist posted:

is there a current invite link to the discord? OP link expired.

https://discord.gg/zBQdnevP

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Update is live.

Also apparently the only warlock perks that actually do anything are the heal-on-dot and thorns? Would explain a lot.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
It stands to be restated: Clerics are fun as gently caress and I will bonk any Rogues or Rangers who step to me.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
if you are a kiting Ranger I will flee like a small child though, I don't have time for that poo poo.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

BHB posted:

if you are a kiting Ranger I will flee like a small child though, I don't have time for that poo poo.

No! Chase me through a suspiciously dark hallway, I promise you'll catch me!

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

No! Chase me through a suspiciously dark hallway, I promise you'll catch me!

the extremely hosed up thing is that I still fall for this like half the time.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

BHB posted:

the extremely hosed up thing is that I still fall for this like half the time.

I got caught like this last night but he had to come around a close corner to shoot me and he got the Prayer Hands of Death, probably hit for 40+ given my gear lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Had some success tonight playing with goons, we owned a juiced fighter with full blues, made it out with a nice new set if I ever feel like loosing it super quick

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Meta really does seem to have shifted in the last two days towards "run your best kit at all times" which is probably great from a balance-testing standpoint.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

drat this game is loving ridiculous. A friend saw a hole in a higher part of a wall and found a small jumping puzzle in the small library room that has a speed shrine and spider pot, and I finally had the proper time to do it due to a friendly circle. It's surprisingly hard to get the proper alignment for the final placement due to wall geometry designed to push you off. Just as the swarm was starting to close in I got the jump, found an unlocked lion's head chest, and found a (super mid rolled) purple Occultist Boots. It has to be dead simple as a Rogue with double jump. Keep them peepers peeping dungeon delvers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Had my best night of dnd since I started in playtest 3 - made 500+ gold over three hours of raids. Went in mostly with greys and no meds to build up some gold as I'd dipped below 200 but the trio of barb/bard/ranger is very strong. Even got a sick damage roll blue double axe and a sick stat roll blue horseman's axe to drop (movement speed and armor pen). The latter's definitely going in a full build.

Didn't run into any fully kitted teams ourselves though did kill a few with blues and greens - saw at least one kitted out team but we'd all died or escaped so only saw them through spectating. Only bummer of the night was not getting out with probably my most loaded trinket/gem inventory it was easily 200g.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 19, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This was kind of a revealing thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkAndDarker/comments/15v9i9u/60_damage_reduction_needs_to_be_addressed/

I didn't realize we'd already gotten to the point that a busted class is playable and people are exploiting it. Curious how they'll respond.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

plated fighter can run longbow as well lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Well that was fast:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkAndDarker/comments/15vodrp/dr_and_rogues_to_see_drastic_changes_after_the/

The two most overpowered things are getting balanced next. Specifically, damage reduction and rogues.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

my prediction is invisibility potions are going to be considered too strong on barbarian/fighter

you turn into a rogue but with even better burst

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It’s gonna be hard to do, but they need to take double jump away. It’s just too OP and anyone will admit it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It’s gonna be hard to do, but they need to take double jump away. It’s just too OP and anyone will admit it

Yeah it's pretty annoying to corner a rogue and have them jump up and away in a way it's impossible to chase.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

No need to take it away entirely, but it's utterly absurd the thing doesn't have a cooldown.

Around 5-7 sec should be short enough that it's actually still useful for traversal and escaping/chasing.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
I fought a super sweatlord wearing fully ruby plate and purples in regular goblins. Trapped him, shot him 3 times in the head, trapped him again, shot him 3 times in the head, ended up legging it deep into the locusts to deny him my loot, because holy poo poo, that nerd had like 200 DR. He managed to one man 2 rogues, a wizard, a cleric, and me without trying hard.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 20, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I fought a super sweatlord wearing fully ruby plate and purples in regular goblins. Trapped him, shot him 3 times in the head, trapped him again, shot him 3 times in the head, ended up legging it deep into the locusts to deny him my loot, because holy poo poo, that nerd had like 200 DR. He managed to one man 2 rogues, a wizard, a cleric, and me without trying hard.

Saw a streamer going into HR goblins and he shot a fighter who was cornered getting whacked by two goblins at least a dozen times in the head before he went down.

I've only run into one team like that - most fighters even in plate I'm downing in 3 headshots with a grey horseman's and this guy still had 3/4s of his health when I died (though part of that was a cleric heal and bubble).

And man the market fees add up. Decided to load my barb up with movespeed and AGI items and the set cost me a bit over 400 in prices but it cost me close to 600 with the fees. At least it got me over 300 movespeed so I can run anyone down now with my weapon away.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 20, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

I think it's one of the most universal opinions, that double jump needs a fix. Maybe not a removal, because it is a cool ability, admittedly. But in it's current form it needs a severe balancing. Rogues and damage reduction are slated for the next balance adjustment, so maybe it'll get addressed then. I'm waiting to see. If it's not dealt with then, then I question what the gently caress they are doing for balancing.

If they nail rogue and damage reduction balancing though, I think they are well on their way to having a very, very successful release and immediate post release. A game can be fun on release, but it's what you do in the next 6-12 weeks to balance things that really matter when it comes to game longevity. If I were Ironmace i'd just go in on fixing rogues, getting damage reduction balanced out, then get right into hacking and how to fix it and make it bearable. Sometimes an outright fix isn't possible, but looking at what The Cycle: Frontier did is a good start.

After that, it's getting further into adjustments while starting to explore new content/classes.

If they do that, goddang will they have a really good game on their hands. Like Escape from Tarkov levels. A game people still play 5 years after release that continues to dominate the space.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone have any idea how many copies sold? It's hard to tell without steamcharts. But with the case getting dismissed, I imagine things are looking really good for Ironmace. It's hard to judge just off viewership numbers, but do you think they sold a million copies? If so, that's what, 35-50 million, before all taxes, fees, server fees, etc. It's gotta be enough for them to start hiring more and more developers to really push the game forward, right?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

ShowTime posted:

Anyone have any idea how many copies sold? It's hard to tell without steamcharts. But with the case getting dismissed, I imagine things are looking really good for Ironmace. It's hard to judge just off viewership numbers, but do you think they sold a million copies? If so, that's what, 35-50 million, before all taxes, fees, server fees, etc. It's gotta be enough for them to start hiring more and more developers to really push the game forward, right?

I doubt they sold 1 million.

I'm hoping the balancing of DR helps some, as that was basically one of my main gripes.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

No way they sold a million with the clusterfuck of the initial 3rd party store plus their early inhouse payment issues. Maybe 50k-100k copies tops, which is still impressive. Once they get back on Steam I'd expect to see their sales near instantly double. Too many people still spooked about the legal bullshit and waiting for it to get back on a "legit" platform like Steam before buying.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy poo poo. I'm not sure if there's anything more fun in this game than getting a perfect giant worm spawn in the Ruins, hopping down and easily killing it, and then standing behind the wall near the lever for the elevator that's the only way down into the chamber. I swear I just wasted at least 6 players whole runtime returning the lift to the top before anyone could jump down.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Can we update and/or get a new link to the goon Dk&Dkr discord?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Jorge Bell posted:

Can we update and/or get a new link to the goon Dk&Dkr discord?

https://discord.gg/ksxjdTU3

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Thanks again! Good games tonight!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hell yeah. It felt like we were really hitting a phenomenal groove with those later runs. This game is practically unjustifiably fun, whoops there goes a whole handful of hours.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sushibandit posted:

No way they sold a million with the clusterfuck of the initial 3rd party store plus their early inhouse payment issues. Maybe 50k-100k copies tops, which is still impressive. Once they get back on Steam I'd expect to see their sales near instantly double. Too many people still spooked about the legal bullshit and waiting for it to get back on a "legit" platform like Steam before buying.

Every time I've been on it's been over 40k players online so I'm guessing it's in the 100,000+ range.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

Every time I've been on it's been over 40k players online so I'm guessing it's in the 100,000+ range.
Where are you finding a playercount? I don't recall seeing that, though admittedly I haven't gone out of my way to look around for numbers in the UI.

Edit:
Neat, good to know.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 21, 2023

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sushibandit posted:

Where are you finding a playercount? I don't recall seeing that, though admittedly I haven't gone out of my way to look around for numbers in the UI.

I believe both leaderboards screen and looking for players screen show number of people in dungeon and in lobby at the top.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Barb, Bard, Cleric is certainly the meta. Definitely had some amazingly unhinged murder sprees tonight. Punched a nerd to death too.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Barb is kind off meta at the moment, but can still kick rear end in normals. Fighter just works better as a front liner with the current itemization, but hopefully barb will be in a better place after the DR changes and hopefully some slight buffs.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
I got an idea from a Twitch chat room, and the search function tells me there hasn't been a single instance of the word "bag" in this thread. You guys wanna hear my dumb idea?

I've watched a little Tarkov and have seen the rabbit hole of bags in bags in backpacks in bigger backpacks, and I don't want that for this game. BUT, hear me out: What if there was a loot bag you could carry that would take up a weapon slot? Can't put it in your inventory/stash unless it's empty so it will collapse to fit. If there's anything inside of it, it's gotta be worn on your back like your secondary weapon. A sort of compromise to either carry more loot out of the dungeon, or maybe to salvage your friends' gear after a disaster?

Maybe it would be too much of an economic advantage for classes like rogue that can just run naked with a single dagger, but now leave with ~20% more loot? Dark & Darker X Payday 2? I'm picturing a team of 3 rogues in clown masks tossing duffel bags like a bucket brigade, so maybe this is a bad idea.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
They should just copy Bethesda and let you carry around a dead guy to use as mobile storage

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I was gonna suggest "Bag of Holding" but that might just be the stash? Haven't played this in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If implemented, that sort of additional storage container should be very heavily restricted in what it can carry. Either go the "equipment only" route, specifically to enable collection of dead friends' gear, or the "treasure only" route (something like 1x1 or 1x2 / 2x1 "treasure" tagged items only? and you would have to "use" it by dropping it on the floor and openining it like a chest to view what's inside of it while still in the dungeon).

Could be interesting. Could also double-down the ability of teleporting hackers to vacuum loot absolutely everything on the map or instakill/instaloot full sets of gear in highroller.