Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Chase Eliot runs out of fuel LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

and K Larson to the back for speeding(?) haha perfect

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

This race has had way too much green flag racing for WGI.

Now for the GWC shitshow.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

glyph posted:

This race has had way too much green flag racing for WGI.

Now for the GWC shitshow.

Ha, welp.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That was uh not a classic

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kind of a boring race but chase eating poo poo ruled so overall a positive experience

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
All of the NASCAR radio callers last week were about how terrible the Indy road course were, old fans and new, and I suspect none of them were more satisfied this week. Without the Hendrick fucks-up, nothing interesting would have happened. I would have liked to see Andy Lally have a good day but alas.

McDowell potentially overcoming those penalties and driving like he was in it to win it could have been entertaining. They still just don't know what happened, engine just killed itself?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I still had fun watching it. Mainly because it's my identity to prefer no stage cautions and the package itself is good on road courses, it's just the fastest car was at the front and pulled away.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

algebra testes posted:

I still had fun watching it. Mainly because it's my identity to prefer no stage cautions and the package itself is good on road courses, it's just the fastest car was at the front and pulled away.

Yea I don't know about the package being good. There has been very little passing both this week and at Indy RC. It's like an F1 race where the only drama is on pit road.

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Enforce track limits at turn 1 lengthening the brake zone and after that big backstretch 180, or put skinnier tires on. I really enjoy this course (more than RA,cota,sonoma) but it was meh racing on sunday.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Is allowing the cars more power on road courses out of the question? Seems like that would help shake up the parades.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yes and also at all other tracks but they fuckin refuse to do it

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

The run off areas in turn 1 and exiting the carousel are loving stupid. Tighten those track limits up and I think the racing is better. I love WG but the changes to those turns has made the racing worse.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Pinecone Sample posted:

All of the NASCAR radio callers last week were about how terrible the Indy road course were, old fans and new, and I suspect none of them were more satisfied this week. Without the Hendrick fucks-up, nothing interesting would have happened. I would have liked to see Andy Lally have a good day but alas.

McDowell potentially overcoming those penalties and driving like he was in it to win it could have been entertaining. They still just don't know what happened, engine just killed itself?

McDowell being upfront for the majority of the race could have been fun too. He seemed like the only other driver that could fight it out at the front and it was pretty evident early on that he was going to bust rear end to take the lead and keep it. Too bad about the penalties and the engine but as they said on the broadcast if you're going to have all that poo poo go wrong at least it happened all at once and hopefully you're done with it.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Rumors that SHR may be interested in selling 1-2 charters, and 23XI wants to buy one.

SHR wouldn't surprise me since their sponsorship is mess for 2024.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GMS Racing and GMS Fabrication have announced they're shutting their doors at the end of the season.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
So I stumbled on this page on Xfinity's website:

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/nascar

"Got a need for speed?
Every Xfinity Internet customer can watch NASCAR at no additional cost. Tune in with the Xfinity Stream app or get a free Flex 4K streaming TV box with our internet."

I assume that what they actually mean by this is that you can watch some (probably about one-ish) NASCAR races for free.

But god drat that sure makes it seem like all the NASCAR races are showing on the Xfinity Stream app for free. Poking around the app doesn't look promising for any live NASCAR coverage. Are there any other Comcast customers out there that know anything about this?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Stop letting the lower series race on plate tracks

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lol dog I hope you like Daytona races with 6 cars.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

one must imagine tony stewart happy

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Huuuge wreck

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

God drat

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well that was something

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus christ

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

preece will be fine, it's not like the car backed into the wall at moderate speed

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

how the gently caress does chris buescher keep winning

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is a loving stupid way to determine the last car(s) in the Chase, holy poo poo.

But I won victory lane access postrace so :getin:.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Buescher isn’t fluking it, he’s third in average finish on the season

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CHRIS BUESCHER'S TIME IS NOW

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
First year watching Nascar, that was more exciting than the 500 and boy I hope Preece is OK

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Dale Jr. compared that to spectacular rollovers of old but for all my money I don't think anyone was remotely close in terms of completely aerial flipping.

Rusty Wallace at Talladega maybe. Someone tried telling me Davey Allison at Pocono but he made a lot of contact with the ground.

I believe it was Bell I heard on the radio post-race said that he'd only seen it from glancing over under caution on one of the big screens, like what a reminder that this thing you're doing is dangerous.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
I think the height and number of flips was just because he was still going so fast when it went over and dug into the grass; it was definitely one of the most violent flips I've seen in NASCAR. The blowover itself was definitely straight out of the pre-roof-flap era, though. Looked like as soon as the car got on the grass and started bouncing a little, the air got under the floor at the wrong angle and it just took off. Might need some changes to the ground effect design of the floors to prevent that from happening (though at least it's not as bad as that damned rear wing, I suppose, since this is the first real blowover we've seen with the Gen 7).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gonna be at the Mile for Trucks today.

And Arca.

e: I think the crash only happened because the car passed over the grass. I, at first, thought it got caught on the transition between it and pavement, but when the car entered the grass, suddenly there's enough air under it because of the grass it simply lifted up. It's a testament to those cars though that he was able to climb out mostly under his own power.

Also, same thing with Blaney and to a lesser extent Gibbs. Blaney's wreck was 100% the same one that killed Dale, but he walked away. The combo of SAFER (thanks Indy), HANS, and the cars being designed to crumple a lot easier than the old ones allowed him to walk away and race again.

I'm sure NASCAR is gonna take Preece's and Blaney's cars back to Charlotte and do some deep digging into them.

iospace fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 27, 2023

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pinecone Sample posted:

Dale Jr. compared that to spectacular rollovers of old but for all my money I don't think anyone was remotely close in terms of completely aerial flipping.

Rusty Wallace at Talladega maybe. Someone tried telling me Davey Allison at Pocono but he made a lot of contact with the ground.

I believe it was Bell I heard on the radio post-race said that he'd only seen it from glancing over under caution on one of the big screens, like what a reminder that this thing you're doing is dangerous.

Nothing is even close, I've been watching NASCAR since the late 80's and I don't remember anything remotely resembling 10 barrel rolls in the air like that.

In slow motion it looks incredibly surreal, like a video game or something. I'd like to hear what Preece has to say about it.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Nothing is even close, I've been watching NASCAR since the late 80's and I don't remember anything remotely resembling 10 barrel rolls in the air like that.

In slow motion it looks incredibly surreal, like a video game or something. I'd like to hear what Preece has to say about it.

The slow motion broke my brain, every time I expected the car to come back down to earth it would do another flip. That thing was rolling fast as hell

Would love to see some science on the g forces in the car

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Trucks was good.

Happened to record Majeski nearly rear ending Heim in the pits too.

https://i.imgur.com/bSlKqbB.mp4

iospace fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 28, 2023

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Bowman is a dumbass

CodFishBalls
Jul 1, 2023
Bowman the No-man

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Good race, bad winner.

Too bad Bubba cooked his tires at the end, but it was a very solid result for him, and Buescher is scary now. Where did he come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

That was a nice pass for the win