Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

I left Morte at the Pillar once and I really didn't like it, tbh.

You can only pull him out if you've figured out the not particularly intuitive way to give your character's class a power boost. He'll warn you if you're not strong enough to do it, but he's not talking about the actual strength stat for once (which means he's 100% right, and you can't cheese it with some buffs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Morte voted for Donald Trump.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i voted for tiax

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

i voted for tiax

Tiax is a libertarian

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I voted for the current Xanathar :unsmigghh:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
You will be waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

its all nice on rice posted:

You will be waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself.

Sure thing, oh omnipresent authority figure

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Outside of Candlekeep there's an ogre who carries two girdles: The Girdle of Elves' Bane, and The Girdle of Getting Negative Steam Reviews From People With Medieval Crusader Avs In 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I could really beat a xvart's rear end rn

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

The guy who runs the inn in the beginning is slowly revealed to be a college roommate of Jon Irenicus. If your reputation is high enough, he will give you Irenicus' Boondock Saints poster, as well as his FBI: Female Body Inspector t-shirt.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

misc was a racist.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

misc was a racist.

And the guy who voiced him allegedly committed sexual assault

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

And he shattered his dog's hip when he beat it with a broom.

I've always hated that guy!

e: because I found his voice annoying but now I found a more legitimate reason

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Minsc is insanely annoying. An extremely 90s relic

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
miscn is your average reddit poster circa late 2000s and early 2010s

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Minsc is insanely annoying. An extremely 90s relic

Didn't he have a pet hamster

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sarevok sure does love gettin pwned

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Buce posted:

sarevok sure does love gettin pwned

Share-a-cock

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Xzar and Mortorn are best friends forever

zone
Dec 6, 2016

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

dark sun rules too but they'r eboth a product of their time and it would take a really special effort to revisit them (not current wizards)

btw planescape is getting a reboot for 5e and it's probably gonna be meh

Dark Sun loving rules man. Though if you want lovingly made settings, Alluria Publishing did a superb one called Cerulean Seas that focuses on undersea campaigning. You can get it for Pathfinder, and 5e too I think?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Find local xvart sluts in your neighborhood

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sewn from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo

Alaundo was banned for this post

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Minsc spread awareness of TBIs and his devotion to Dynaheir is beyond reproach. If you roll druid and speak with animals, Boo has a lot of background info which really makes you respect Minsc more.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I can't tell what's a real post and what's a fake post in this thread.

Anyway, how do the naming conventions go with the expansions and sequels and what order are they in? Baldur's Gate, Tales from the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal [Edit: Shadows of Amn], Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 3? Are Iceland Dale and Neverwinter Nights a part of it too?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Outpost22 posted:

I can't tell what's a real post and what's a fake post in this thread.

Anyway, how do the naming conventions go with the expansions and sequels and what order are they in? Baldur's Gate, Tales from the Sword Coast, Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Baal [Edit: Shadows of Amn], Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 3? Are Iceland Dale and Neverwinter Nights a part of it too?

Icewind Dale took place before BG and I'm pretty sure NWN took place after.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Valko posted:

Icewind Dale took place before BG and I'm pretty sure NWN took place after.

Yup. Icewind Dale 1 took place in 1281 DR, named the Year of the Cold Soul. Neverwinter Nights took place in 1372 DR, the Year of Wild Magic.
e: 1372 DR was also the 'present' date for the Forgotten Realms in D&D's third edition.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DR stands for "Do Resuscitate"

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Do they come up with the year names at the end of the year once they know what happened or at the beginning and just hope that its going to be a year of Wild Magic? Also what happens if like three years later there is a year that is even colder on the soul than the previous one? Do they have to change the name? Doesn't that mess with the archives?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bg3 would've been better if they kept thac0

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wrageowrapper posted:

Do they come up with the year names at the end of the year once they know what happened or at the beginning and just hope that its going to be a year of Wild Magic? Also what happens if like three years later there is a year that is even colder on the soul than the previous one? Do they have to change the name? Doesn't that mess with the archives?

If youre not a pathetic noob it's not a problem you have. Most wizards and scholars and scribes are not noobs. It's really ridiculous how you gave yourself away

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

Buce posted:

The game takes loving forever to play, I'm never going to finish it. I've spent so much time clearing out the goblin fort. it would probably take 30-40 minutes tops to complete a similar dungeon and set of quests in bg1

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Buce posted:

if you name your character Thaco, a powerful secret awaits. i won’t spoil it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thac0 deez nuts

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Spolier

Koveras is actually Sarevok in disguise and his name is Sarevok spelled backwards.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm really invested in the iron crisis, the quality of iron in the sword coast is extremely interesting to me

sad question
May 30, 2020

The Bible posted:

Spolier

Koveras is actually Sarevok in disguise and his name is Sarevok spelled backwards.

His 17 Intelligence in action

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I got to the big red dragon fight in BG2, que'd up my opening actions and the fucker failed his save against my chromatic orb cast first thing. Up and died. I reloaded since it was so anticlimactic and he proceeded to beat my rear end

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Caesar Saladin posted:

I'm really invested in the iron crisis, the quality of iron in the sword coast is extremely interesting to me

BG1's plot is 100% straight rear end lol.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

The BG1 plot is fine and I like how it revolves around politics and rich people being jerks.
Sarevok's entire plan hinges on entitled rich people willing to sacrifice thousands to protect their comforts, and he's right.

It's a lot better than a generic fantasy "THE ULTIMATE EVIL" is coming or whatever and appropriately keeps the scale of the threat to regional.

SRQ fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SRQ posted:

The BG1 plot is fine and I like how it revolves around politics and rich people being jerks.
Sarevok's entire plan hinges on entitled rich people willing to sacrifice thousands to protect their comforts, and he's right.

It's a lot better than a generic fantasy "THE ULTIMATE EVIL" is coming or whatever and appropriately keeps the scale of the threat to regional.

It's fine on paper but the execution is beyond boring.