Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

VietCampo posted:

That seems like a lot for Sanders.

I was trying to raise it just enough and ended up winning :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I was trying to raise it just enough and ended up winning :eng99:

god i love auctions. so sad I'm only in one. it's by far the most fun type of draft just for stuff like this

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

It was personally my first one ever and also everyone else in the league minus one owner. It was a really fun experience.

e: I did one mock before this and I was bored after I won CMC, Kupp, and Mahomes but then had no money left so I pivoted my spending strategy for the actual auction.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
7/10 filled for a superflex mock snake right now :getin:
https://sleeper.com/draft/nfl/998794367877971968?ftue=commish

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Well, in a 10 person superflex league so might as well.

Edit: It is full.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

3 DONG HORSE posted:

0.5 ppr, 12 teams, $200 budget. Standard roster + w/t flex, 5 bench.

Miles Sanders $33
Darren Waller $24
Amon-Ra St. Brown $47
Keenan Allen $20
Justin Fields $4
Jaylen Waddle $22
Travis Etienne Jr. $17
Christian Watson $11
Terry McLaurin $4
Isiah Pacheco $4
Michael Thomas $2
Cole Kmet $1
Brian Robinson Jr. $1
49ers D/ST $2
Jake Elliott $3

Remaining Budget: $5

I f ucked up. I wasted money on 49ers and Jake because I had to spend it all. :rip:

That auction looks like it was really wild. Fields for $4? Waddle and Etienne for less than Waller and Sanders?

Team actually looks pretty solid all things considered. Nothing wrong with $2 49ers since they face the Rams and Cards twice and are still playable vs everyone else. Not sure if your platform allows it but I would have just passed on kicker for now for some player who could suddenly become relevant before the season starts.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Someone in my dynasty league threw Pitts back into the draft pool.

I pick at 6, is he worth getting over one of the QB’s (Mac Jones is currently my starting QB) or one or the higher end WR’s that might be there (if he’s still there at 6, my TE right now is Shultz).

I’m leaning Richardson or JSN ideally as of now, but Pitts might push someone else down the board which is kind of exciting.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
While getting Pitts there would be great, i think you need to take ARich if you're starting Mac. And then hope he pans out lol.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I get the attraction to Pitts but personally I am just loving over waiting for Arthur Smith to decide he and London might actually have been first round picks for attributes beyond their run blocking. At this point it feels like you’re holding them hoping they go to a team that is aware of the forward pass once their rookie deals are up.

E: this is definitely the kind of take that could bury me but I’m fine letting someone else make the gamble that Pitts is the next Kelce at this point

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 20, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

I get the attraction to Pitts but personally I am just loving over waiting for Arthur Smith to decide he and London might actually have been first round picks for attributes beyond their run blocking. At this point it feels like you’re holding them hoping they go to a team that is aware of the forward pass once their rookie deals are up.

E: this is definitely the kind of take that could bury me but I’m fine letting someone else make the gamble that Pitts is the next Kelce at this point

This logic is flawed because Pitts ran 19 routes per game last year and had a target share of about 27%. The problem is that Mariota was rear end.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

This logic is flawed because Pitts ran 19 routes per game last year and had a target share of about 27%. The problem is that Mariota was rear end.

This still feels like cope. Ok the target share is elite it's still in the offense that ran the second fewest pass plays per game. 19 routes per game was 25th among TEs last year worse than Daniel Bellinger. And the thing that is going to fix this is Desmond Ridder? I remain unconvinced the breakout is coming.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Pitts most likely outcome is just being TE5 on a team that doesn't pass a ton with a QB that scores sub 20 TDs.

It's painful to admit this, but he's Evan Engram 2.0. Wait until Pederson trades for him.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rashee Rice is Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-9cR1IToE

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I dunno this has big “Skyy Moore is going to be the WR1 on the Chiefs by November” vibes.

I’ll look for him in the 11th.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm debating whether to put him in my toolbox for $1 or wait for another owner to go "this guy isn't doing anything" week 5 and drop him, then I scoop scoop

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Need 2 more for a superflex mock auction
https://sleeper.com/draft/nfl/999115051435048960?ftue=commish

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wouldn't take any KC receivers in redraft. Maybe Skyy Moore in full PPR very late.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

I wouldn't take any KC receivers in redraft.

Who are you and what have you done with Kiimo?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have stated that you should draft KC's #1 WR his name is Kelce

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

my first drafts of the year start in 90 minutes. ppr redraft with flex, old school (nearly 20 years) relegation format with over 40 total leagues in 6 different tiers, something like 500+ teams. top tier has just one league, second their had 2 leagues, third tier 4 leagues, and so on. I’m in both second tier leagues (you can participate in the relegation format with up to 2 individual teams, which can’t ever be in the same individual league).

12 hour clock slow draft. here we goooo.

also made the top tier of reddit’s relegation league format this year: narffl premier league. 1500 or so total teams in narffl. relegation leagues are so fun.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I love casual family drafts because my brain completely breaks when I’m pick #5 and somehow wind up with Ja’Marr Chase and Tyreek Hill :psyboom:

I also decided to take a hard left in my neighborhood league at #5 and go Kelce/Hurts (Mahomes got sniped). This should be an interesting year.

Come to think of it, I’m also #5 in my main league too. What gives!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm sure I mention this every year but if you want a laugh, check out Rotowire's mock draft site.

The last 12-team mock I did had 31 TEs taken overall. :psyberger:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

I love casual family drafts because my brain completely breaks when I’m pick #5 and somehow wind up with Ja’Marr Chase and Tyreek Hill :psyboom:

I also decided to take a hard left in my neighborhood league at #5 and go Kelce/Hurts (Mahomes got sniped). This should be an interesting year.

Come to think of it, I’m also #5 in my main league too. What gives!

We've been talking about this type of build a lot in the discord. Just going hard for the QB/TE positional advantage and building a core around it. In 10 man auctions, I try to get a top 3 quarterback and top 3 tight end half the time because there is a market crash at other positions and I trust my ability to scout players.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I love casual family drafts because my brain completely breaks when I’m pick #5 and somehow wind up with Ja’Marr Chase and Tyreek Hill

Major Giants homer in a draft I did last night in a superflex league. His first three picks:

1. Waller
2. Dimes
3. J Taylor

lol

He drafted Sterling Shepard 6th!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Major Giants homer in a draft I did last night in a superflex league. His first three picks:

1. Waller
2. Dimes
3. J Taylor

lol

He drafted Sterling Shepard 6th!

Please don't kink shame.

Nov 6, 2002

When he drafted Waller... CMC, Tyreek, Eckler, Kelse, Diggs and Kupp were all still on the board lol.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1693666460264956100

No way this happens but you would be able to hear the screams of the Allen/Diggs stack best ball drafters from Mars lol

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

When he drafted Waller... CMC, Tyreek, Eckler, Kelse, Diggs and Kupp were all still on the board lol.

Man I wish I was in a league with rubes like this

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gonna try to do a 10 SF mock in the next 15 or 20 minutes if anyone is interested. Got 4 so far.

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/999437455738662912

Edit: it is auction. Important detail

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Docjowles posted:

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1693666460264956100

No way this happens but you would be able to hear the screams of the Allen/Diggs stack best ball drafters from Mars lol

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1693703784092897336

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

My dreams of Khalil Shakir, WR1, ruined!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hi Friends,

I saw that there are no beersheets this year.

Any goon recommended next best alternative?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Hi Friends,

I saw that there are no beersheets this year.

Any goon recommended next best alternative?

Go to Football Absurdity. Beersheets will be back next year, but we have a replacement

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm gonna need a more reliable source

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

drat I can’t believe Stephen A Smith was Just Saying poo poo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Preposterous!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

STEPHEN A: Skip I want to ADDRESS this issue.
[BAYLESS nods]
You KNOW I am sensitive to the Holocaust citing my sources
BAYLESS: Absolutely
STEPHEN A: BUT!

Nov 6, 2002

I stand with SAS.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do people feel about Jordan Love. He got thrown back into the FA pool in my dynasty league and I could scoop him up for $2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

How do people feel about Jordan Love. He got thrown back into the FA pool in my dynasty league and I could scoop him up for $2.

I have my hopes as a packers fan, but I wouldn't rely on him fantasywise until proven so he makes an alright backup on a deeper benches