Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TotK's digital sales not being included seems like a big omission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I'm sure Rogue Trader will have a pointless, tacked on mapgame to pad out story progression and exploration

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'm sure Rogue Trader will have a pointless, tacked on mapgame to pad out story progression and exploration

Yes, it's a space game.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Jon Irenicus posted:

I'm guessing Mass Effect 2-style planet probing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Rogue Trader Joe's

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Whirling posted:

I have no idea how to achieve communism in this game because all the other people in this party are libs or evil. The justice lady got so pissed when I banned the stupid little brownshirts running around and causing problems.

hide your powerlevel until you pass the constitutional changes, members of a conservative nationalist party tend not to react well to shouting about minority rights and communism

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol @ mario kart. it's a great game!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Orb Crabmelt posted:

. Absolutely bizarre that one goofy post got a loving week probe. I thought Games was supposed to be a fun, chill place, but it's worse than Reddit sometimes.

lmfao no. it’s a place to buy up every $100 ultimate edition triple A activision-ea slop and complain about how you hate games and politics, ugh I’m so above all that pleb nonsense like having fun

but yeah that’s loving absurd even by Games-standards. just mentioning “chunli is democrat voter” causes everyone to fly off the handle

like, I like mr hootings Fortnite posts itt even though I’m not a fortnit player because I like when people are passionate about things. plus it’s funny since eventually someone melts down over them and posts something inane

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Bro Dad posted:

hide your powerlevel until you pass the constitutional changes, members of a conservative nationalist party tend not to react well to shouting about minority rights and communism

I gotta figure out how to budget the early game better since I went super deep into the red when deciding what to fund and not fund and I'm certain that I'm hosed now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RandolphCarter posted:

I killed an ancient hag with a Roman candle.

i pushed her in a hole with my tadpole brain tackle technique:shrug:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
pov: you have cspam ptsd because Hillary lost in 2016 and it was funny

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Jon Irenicus posted:

There's a naval combat mode (pretty fun imo) and some empire management (okay, reptitive). At least from what I played in the Beta

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Another new PoI teaser.

It kinda has the shape of The Citadel or Brutal Bastion. I think most of a biome is going to be changed. My speculation is the farm area or the snow area due to the other areas still being ~story important~.

3 and a half more days until the new season. Getting hyped.

Edit: another new shot of the interior of one of the new poi

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Aug 21, 2023

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk was great.

https://twitter.com/itmeOasisQuaz/status/1693061861166789097/photo/1

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

One of the camera modes for this game is a view through a smartphone like you are recording while running and jumping. It is super shakey

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All hail the CEO of Funky Beats.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

this game sounds really good tbh

its called shadow gambit and its knocked all other games away for the moment

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

I had an orc general start hitting on my main character right as we were getting ready to throw down in a fight to the death. I refuse to ever talk to Halsin because all the dialogue is just him being thirsty for you. This game is so horny it's starting to feel like a hentai visual novel dating simulator and makes pretty much all the companion quests and stories complete garbage.

It's pretty smart because I remember players being mad in dragon age and mass effect games that it was too hard to virtually score with your chosen love option sometimes.

BG3 gave players the ultimate fantasy of being the person in the group every single other person wants to bone.

Now players can get pretend laid early on and focus on dialogue options that aren't just fishing for it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
bombrush cyberfunk does nothing for me because i didnt play jet set radio at the right age

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they should make a game about running a baseball team called age of umpires

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Cuttlefush posted:

nope. but i also mix it up with that one. i was thinking of

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_of_Mankind?useskin=vector

drat i vaguely remember playing this once, didn't expect to see that the devs tried to resurrect it multiple times

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

bombrush cyberfunk does nothing for me because i didnt play jet set radio at the right age

wish i had a good console like the sega dreamcast instead of a garbage n64 and ps1

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bombrush is portuguese for "good brush"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

what's cyberfunk portuguese for?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

due to a quirk of portuguese that also means "good brush"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
with egypt coming out are there any other famous eras of massed infantry tactics that the total war games are missing. total war zulu???

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
pike and shot

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Al! posted:

with egypt coming out are there any other famous eras of massed infantry tactics that the total war games are missing. total war zulu???

The military campaigns of Alexander the Great would be a cool Total War game if they haven't done that.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That war where basically everyone in Germany died. 30 Years? Places like India are basically untouched by the series too

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

im only just now getting around to playing through Witcher 3 and if the few dozen hours so far have taught me anything its: if you know two young people who are passionately in love but have obvious trouble on the horizon that will prevent them from reconciling that love then get your fuckin affairs in order and skedaddle because your town is like three days from a curse or haunting or other aberration thats gonna ruin your whole scene for ten generations

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

looks like they haven't done persia or assyria. and there's no standalone mongol game, which seems like a pretty severe oversight

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I pitched my idea for ANNO : 27 AD to Ubisoft where you get to run a roman port city but they told me they didn't see how it could make hundreds of millions in monetization so they told me to leave :(

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rogue Trader Joe's

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is just a sign SA is getting really old. That post is a common gimmick on TikTok or Twitter, making goofy jokes about the political alignment of a games characters.

I think it’s more a sign of some posters mellowing out with age in regards to pop culture and others determined to remain the same self-serious humorless dorks they were in their early twenties. The same nerds who got mad at that street fighter post were the same nerds who swore a blood oath against Garth Ennis for writing an issue of The Punisher where he beat up Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Daredevil.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

In BG3 if you kill a merchant, you can take some of their gold and also the most best items you sold to them from their corpse

however

if you knock out a merchant, you can loot absolutely all their poo poo, including things you just sold, and sell it all to someone new

I did this one time only, with the goblin merchant, because tbh there wasn’t a lot I wanted to spend gold on and selling scrolls I was never going to use was incredibly lucrative

If you knock someone out in one shot from stealth, will they be aggro to you after they wake up

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

If you knock someone out in one shot from stealth, will they be aggro to you after they wake up

they never wake up

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

These poor fools are being magically controlled I shouldn’t kill them, better put them in permanent comas

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Just kill the thing mind controlling them, ez.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
if the street fighter thing was funny it would not have gotten probated probably. you will notice many people around the forums referencing political things in funny ways and they get empty quoted and nobody goes 'ugh politics'. if you dont get that and think its about goons being old or something you need to detox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

RandolphCarter posted:

they never wake up

they should wake up after a long rest