Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Stefon come home

I don't think he'd be happy as WR2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If I was the Vikings I'd be quite satisfied to see what Jordan Addison brings instead

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

gotta love preseason headlines where the world becomes aflame based on one stephen a. smith rant citing anonymous sources

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
SaS does have a brain the size of a dime but I do believe that NFL players and agents talk to him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I didn't post that intending to discredit the rumor; just didn't want a derail about the credibility of @MLFootball, heh.

Anyway I don't have much reason to doubt what SAS is saying because I'm pretty sure that's basically what we all figured was going on.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

SaS does have a brain the size of a dime but I do believe that NFL players and agents talk to him.

Christ dude

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

mcmagic posted:

Honestly you don't last as a high-level ESPN contributor for as long as Stephen A. Smith has and not gain a few contacts just from inertia

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
SaS linguistically is the closest thing we have today to a Roman orator like Cicero or Cato, I love him dearly

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Christ dude

Maybe he's talking about the forum

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's 9 great wonderful teams right here in the afc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

there's 9 great wonderful teams right here in the afc

Name them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Diggs has lost faith in the Bills because he thinks they blew the best part of their window to win a Super Bowl, I uh. I dunno, I'm having a hard time poking holes in that argument.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A relatively healthy bills 2023 roster seems substantively better than the injured bills 2022 roster.

I like a lot of their moves this offseason. Might be shaky if they are relying on their rookie TE to be a substantive producer year one though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

If Diggs has lost faith in the Bills because he thinks they blew the best part of their window to win a Super Bowl, I uh. I dunno, I'm having a hard time poking holes in that argument.

No he's clearly an insane diva for believing all of these obviously true things

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Stephan A Smith known for his hard hitting NFL knowledge like "Dwayne Haskins is more of a runner" breaking NFL news.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

A relatively healthy bills 2023 roster seems substantively better than the injured bills 2022 roster.

I like a lot of their moves this offseason. Might be shaky if they are relying on their rookie TE to be a substantive producer year one though.

Their o line is still a big ole question mark, their d line really needs Miller to stay healthy all year to be decent and their offense is basically Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs playing miracle ball.

Maybe Dorsey figures it out this year but so far he’s been a big step back from Daboll and the offense is very boom and bust which isn’t good for postseason success.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Their o line is still a big ole question mark, their d line really needs Miller to stay healthy all year to be decent and their offense is basically Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs playing miracle ball.

Maybe Dorsey figures it out this year but so far he’s been a big step back from Daboll and the offense is very boom and bust which isn’t good for postseason success.

yea they still have a solid but unspectacular defense and an offense utterly reliant on Josh Allen & Diggs. None of that has changed unless one of their rookies is an absolute sensation. Their path to the Super Bowl remains Josh Allen going super saiyan for 2-3 straight playoff games

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Feels early to write off the Bills. Losing to the Burrow Bengals isn't a black mark against them IMO.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think the Bills will be worse. It's an old team that got older and the only way you can argue their personnel meaningfully improved is assuming basically a historic rookie TE season.

That said, for Diggs, there aren't exactly tons of better situations out there. He's a handsomely paid, undisputed WR1 with a top 5 QB on a team that still makes the postseason every year. Pretty much any other team out there would either 1. require him to take a pay cut and reduced role or 2. is obviously worse than Buffalo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here are the candidates for being one of the 9 great wonderful teams right here in the afc

The Kansas City Chiefs
The Los Angeles Chargers
The Jacksonville Jaguars
The Cincinnati Bengals
The Baltimore Ravens
The Pittsburgh Steelers
The Cleveland Browns
The Buffalo Bills
The New York Jets
The Miami Dolphins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The New England Patriots are going to the playoffs

and promptly losing in the playoffs, but they're gonna be there.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I dont think they're going to the playoffs.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Chargers hype is amazing again the closer we get to the start of the season.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MJeff posted:

if he thinks that about the 2023 Bills (and he may be right) I can't think of too many teams he'd be happy with right now. who's in a better position the next 2-3 seasons? Chiefs, Cowboys, 9ers maybe, Eagles, Bengals maybe, Ravens maybe?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Chargers hype is amazing again the closer we get to the start of the season.

Where now?

Nov 6, 2002

Literally every football podcast.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'll take your word for it. Last year there was a lot of "this is the year the Chargers win the AFC West" and this year I've heard none of that

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

Feels early to write off the Bills. Losing to the Burrow Bengals isn't a black mark against them IMO.

How they lost that game was definitely a black mark. The Bengals line was pretty beat up and they absolutely pushed the Bills around all game long. They had 172 yards on the ground and only gave up one sack.

Then the offense couldn’t rush the ball at all so they had to throw it 40 times but had basically no big plays so it was just trying to keep drives alive while methodically moving the ball except they failed on more than half of third down attempts and then not converting in the red zone.

It was a real sour note to end on after the Bengals looked so vulnerable the week before against the Ravens playing Tyler Huntley.

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

I'll take your word for it. Last year there was a lot of "this is the year the Chargers win the AFC West" and this year I've heard none of that

Oh no one really thinks they'll beat the Chiefs. Just more that every Charger is gonna take a huge step up and no one will get injured of course like last season and Brandon Staley absolutely has things figured out now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can a team realistically make the playoffs when they’re 4th in the division? Asking for a friend outta Boston

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

Can a team realistically make the playoffs when they’re 4th in the division? Asking for a friend outta Boston

Well when that guy flies home to Miami for the winter he'll have his answer.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Oh no one really thinks they'll beat the Chiefs. Just more that every Charger is gonna take a huge step up and no one will get injured of course like last season and Brandon Staley absolutely has things figured out now.

People will get injured. I just doubt we'll lose our best offensive lineman and pass rusher for the entire year plus Herbert playing with demolished ribs.

I am knocking on wood very hard.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

The last time they were in the playoffs was hilarious

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

They can now, technically!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

The last time they were in the playoffs was hilarious

This time they will lose to the Bengals. I believe in them, they have it in them

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think the football hipster podcast crew is actually a bit quiet on the Chargers this year? Or at least it seems that way after last year's cacophony of Super Bowl and MVP predictions.

Definitely seems like they're flying under the radar this year. They're currently tied for 10th in SB odds with Miami.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
It's hard to think of an offseason where the Chargers didn't have some dark horse hype. They are the perpetual dark horse. Forever the sneaky good team you gotta keep an eye on

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think the football hipster podcast crew is actually a bit quiet on the Chargers this year? Or at least it seems that way after last year's cacophony of Super Bowl and MVP predictions.

Definitely seems like they're flying under the radar this year. They're currently tied for 10th in SB odds with Miami.

Yeah that's the sense I get too. As much as you can when you have a top 5ish QB anyway

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

It's hard to think of an offseason where the Chargers didn't have dark horse hype. They are the perpetual dark horse. Forever the sneaky good team you gotta watch out for

The curse of always having a competent quarterback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I think the hipster take team this year is the Cowboys if anybody.

Which come on man. Imagine leaving the Chargers because you don't believe in the coach, to go for Mike McCarthy.