Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I think the hipster take team this year is the Cowboys if anybody.

Which come on man. Imagine leaving the Chargers because you don't believe in the coach, to go for Mike McCarthy.

Lions are the huge dark horse team of 2023 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Febreeze posted:

It's hard to think of an offseason where the Chargers didn't have some dark horse hype. They are the perpetual dark horse. Forever the sneaky good team you gotta keep an eye on

Don't Look Now but Phillip Rivers is Quietly Having an MVP Year

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I think the hipster take team this year is the Cowboys if anybody.

Which come on man. Imagine leaving the Chargers because you don't believe in the coach, to go for Mike McCarthy.
They're getting massive hype on defense anyways. I think the Ringer and Athletic podcasters all have them as the consensus best defense in the league. Haven't seem much on them for offense.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

They're getting massive hype on defense anyways. I think the Ringer and Athletic podcasters all have them as the consensus best defense in the league. Haven't seem much on them for offense.

The cowboys defense in Madden is also loving ridiculous. And Madden is always accurate

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

a neat cape posted:

Lions are the huge dark horse team of 2023 imo

I dunno, Lions have real hype right now, beyond normal dark horse "this team might be good" hype. Undeserved, imo, but it's real hype

Cowboys are a good dark horse this year, same with the seahawks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think the 'ooh, I'm so naughty' football nerd pick is the Cowboys over the Eagles in the division and that strikes me as very silly.

Lions are like getting the 'rest of the division is gonna suck' pick

Seahawks... I haven't seen anyone pick them over the 49ers, which isn't that surprising imo.

Oh, and the nerds also are getting really rowdy for the Falcons offense. I feel like that division is pretty universally considered a gimme win for whomever is the top WC team though.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

MJeff posted:

If Diggs has lost faith in the Bills because he thinks they blew the best part of their window to win a Super Bowl, I uh. I dunno, I'm having a hard time poking holes in that argument.
Also, like, I can’t imagine how he must have felt watching 13 seconds happen on the sidelines.

Like, if you watched that and you didn’t lose faith at all in the Bills defense and coaching staff afterwards, I have a bridge to sell you.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I think the 'ooh, I'm so naughty' football nerd pick is the Cowboys over the Eagles in the division and that strikes me as very silly.

Lions are like getting the 'rest of the division is gonna suck' pick

Seahawks... I haven't seen anyone pick them over the 49ers, which isn't that surprising imo.

Oh, and the nerds also are getting really rowdy for the Falcons offense.

I don't know what the gently caress to think about the NFC South.

Like I guess I'll take the Saints because Derek Carr is 100x better than the other 3 QBs but still

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Miami has a bit more hype than they deserve tbh, Mina had them as the third best roster in the league. Which is only true if you turn off injuries for the season.

Joint tenth with the Chargers feels about right.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I don't know what the gently caress to think about the NFC South.

Like I guess I'll take the Saints because Derek Carr is 100x better than the other 3 QBs but still

The Saints could be fine, but I feel like they're possibly the most rickety team in the league. I think like any of a dozen things could go wrong and suddenly we're trying to talk ourselves into a 5 win Falcons or Buccaneers team on december 1st.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Miami has a bit more hype than they deserve tbh, Mina had them as the third best roster in the league. Which is only true if you turn off injuries for the season.

Week 1 baby lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Eagles cannot win the division again because that's just not how the NFC East works.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

The Eagles cannot win the division again because that's just not how the NFC East works.

It's the Football Team's time.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Well well well! The Bills are good again.

https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1693703784092897336?s=20

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Well when that guy flies home to Miami for the winter he'll have his answer.

How’d you know that friend was Billy B?!?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Yeah 3rd in the league is insane. Bills dolphins and Jets all feel about equal right now with Patriots a few notches below but still likely not too bad.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Now we know it's real because he had to deny it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Now we know it's real because he had to deny it.

The REAL race this year is the race to the bottom. Lots of contenders to suck out loud this year and there's a feasible outcome where the Cardinals pick 1/2 and the Bears pick 3/4 and thus 4 out of next year's top 5 picks will bust

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think the football hipster podcast crew is actually a bit quiet on the Chargers this year? Or at least it seems that way after last year's cacophony of Super Bowl and MVP predictions.

Definitely seems like they're flying under the radar this year. They're currently tied for 10th in SB odds with Miami.

Yeah the football hipster sect has locked in on Jacksonville as the team taking a big jump and Atlanta as the bad team that will be good. Idk about Atlanta but Jacksonville is gonna regress

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Who is going to be the top team from 2022 that completely falls apart?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Jacksonville is gonna regress

Meh, they made solid improvements with a young QB getting better and play in a dog poo poo division. I think they'll be fine.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I really think the Bills are going to fall apart and I have no serious basis for it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That's got to be the Vikings right? They went 13-4 last year. Niners could regress a bit. Purdy is unknown and they're switching it up on defense moving from Ryans to Wilks.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

It honestly could be the Bills. The AFCE is a bloodbath, their line is shaky and the Dolphins and Jets have murderous D lines. If Allen goes down or had to play hurt they're hosed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

That's got to be the Vikings right? They went 13-4 last year. Niners could regress a bit. Purdy is unknown and they're switching it up on defense moving from Ryans to Wilks.

Vikings are a great shout

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Vikings pick is kind of cheating cause they were never really a "top team"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like the Vikings don't count because no one really thinks they were actually all that good last year anyway.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
unless you look at the scoreboard. then they were a top team. anyway... what else is in the news

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

Oh, and the nerds also are getting really rowdy for the Falcons offense. I feel like that division is pretty universally considered a gimme win for whomever is the top WC team though.

It's pretty easy to connect the dots from 2020 Titans to what Arthur Smith is trying to do with the Falcons. And they won their (bad) division at 11-5. The huge question mark being if Ridder can at least be Tannehill-level competent or if he sucks so bad teams can stack the box 24/7 and get away with it. Obviously that Titans team had AJ Brown which helps immensely but London and Pitts are no slouches if Ridder can actually get them the ball.

This also assumes Bijan is truly the Prince Who Was Promised.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Speaking of an entire division making the playoffs, it almost happened last year. Had Washington won one more game instead of that tie the entire NFC East might've been in. Seattle got in at 9-8 and Washington was 8-8-1 (no idea what the tie breaker would've been though).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

yall playing for second place if you can't get to mahomes and he hasn't been touched yet

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1693683585398735118

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Speaking of an entire division making the playoffs, it almost happened last year. Had Washington won one more game instead of that tie the entire NFC East might've been in. Seattle got in at 9-8 and Washington was 8-8-1 (no idea what the tie breaker would've been though).

what does this say about the NFC as a whole

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

what does this say about the NFC as a whole

We've already discussed this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

yall playing for second place if you can't get to mahomes and he hasn't been touched yet

This is the Cardinals defensive line that blew up the Broncos starting OL last week

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

We've already discussed this.

It's august I want to discuss it more

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

You guys are starting Donovan Smith, right? Ok, good luck (hope you like holding calls).

a neat cape posted:

It's august I want to discuss it more

It's bad. I tried to find a silver lining in the conference but it's just not there yet.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Donovan Smith has looked great so far it's bizarre. I'm sure the other shoe is going to drop but so far so good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

It's bad. I tried to find a silver lining in the conference but it's just not there yet.

We should discuss realignment like the Chargers and 49ers switching divisions

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Per Reddit, the preseason Super Bowl favorite (Chiefs) has only won the Super Bowl in like 3 of the past 30 years. Late 90s Broncos and 2 of the Patriots teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Donovan Smith has looked great so far it's bizarre. I'm sure the other shoe is going to drop but so far so good.

He was always so inconsistent. He's solid most of the time but a few times a game it's like he forgets what he's doing. It helps having a solid LG next to him because when we had Ali Marpet, Smith was much better.

a neat cape posted:

We should discuss realignment like the Chargers and 49ers switching divisions

Can we send Seattle back to the AFC instead?