Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
If I'm keeping Mattison in the 8th and Rachaad White in the 12th in my 3WR half-PPR league, would I be silly to not be solely focused on WR or Kelce in say the first 3 rounds? I have the 8th draft spot. If the first 7 match Sleeper rankings then following my Football Absurdity rankings, Lamb has one more point of value over 3 tied RBs in Bijan, Henry, and Chubb.

There are also some good WRs being kept: Amon-Ra, Waddle, Wilson, Olave, DeVonta Smith, but the top RB being kept is Pollard and then Rhamondre.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rounds our keepers were kept in. Who won?

Jameson Williams....8
Derrick Henry....1
Tyreek Hill....2
Josh Allen....1
Amon-Ra St. Brown....4
George Pickens....8
Calvin Ridley....8
Tony Pollard....5
Justin Jefferson....4
Jamarr Chase....3
Tyler Lockett....8
Deebo Samuels....5
Garrett Wilson....8
Travis Kelce....2

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

KingKapalone posted:

If I'm keeping Mattison in the 8th and Rachaad White in the 12th in my 3WR half-PPR league, would I be silly to not be solely focused on WR or Kelce in say the first 3 rounds? I have the 8th draft spot. If the first 7 match Sleeper rankings then following my Football Absurdity rankings, Lamb has one more point of value over 3 tied RBs in Bijan, Henry, and Chubb.

There are also some good WRs being kept: Amon-Ra, Waddle, Wilson, Olave, DeVonta Smith, but the top RB being kept is Rhamondre.

Solely focused? Ehhhh. The first few rounds I always take the very best player available. If it's close then positional needs are a tiebreaker but you never know how much depth you'll need and Mattison and White probably aren't supercarries anyway. If an elite RB slips to 8 I'm probably snagging him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Rounds our keepers were kept in. Who won?

Jameson Williams....8
Derrick Henry....1
Tyreek Hill....2
Josh Allen....1
Amon-Ra St. Brown....4
George Pickens....8
Calvin Ridley....8
Tony Pollard....5
Justin Jefferson....4
Jamarr Chase....3
Tyler Lockett....8
Deebo Samuels....5
Garrett Wilson....8
Travis Kelce....2
JJ in the 4th or Garrett in the 8th

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I have my hopes as a packers fan, but I wouldn't rely on him fantasywise until proven so he makes an alright backup on a deeper benches

Yea it’s a 25 man dynasty league so he would just be an end of the bench stash.

I’ve got Tua, Kyler, Jimmy G, and Pickett already

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

saintonan posted:

Solely focused? Ehhhh. The first few rounds I always take the very best player available. If it's close then positional needs are a tiebreaker but you never know how much depth you'll need and Mattison and White probably aren't supercarries anyway. If an elite RB slips to 8 I'm probably snagging him.

Who do you consider elite? I'm only expecting CMC and Ekeler to go prior to 8, at least in my league.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

How do people feel about Jordan Love. He got thrown back into the FA pool in my dynasty league and I could scoop him up for $2.

For $2 as a lottery pick, I'd take a flier, but I'm also a Bears fan who knows in his heart of hearts that Love is going to the Hall of Fame because there is no God.

KingKapalone posted:

Who do you consider elite? I'm only expecting CMC and Ekeler to go prior to 8, at least in my league.

If Bijan or Saquon falls to you and you decide not to take him because you got Rachaad White, I hope your team burns to the ground.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

JJ in the 4th or Garrett in the 8th

:smug:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nice

I'm really happy with my ARSB in the 4th (unfortunately 4.1 because I'm last pick) and Etienne in the 11th, both in the same league.

Its single QB. I know Kelce wont get to me at 1.12 but I'm strongly considering Mahomes and Mandrews at 1.12 and 2.1 respectively then another WR at 4.1

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Love Amon-Ra. Love all the Lions players, none of which I'll get because my league is composed of Lions and Chiefs fans.

Like, I draft 8th and I know in my heart that Mahomes won't even be there at 1.8

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

If Bijan or Saquon falls to you and you decide not to take him because you got Rachaad White, I hope your team burns to the ground.

Yeah if any of like Bijan, Saquon, Chubb is there at 8 I would probably take him over Lamb and then get whatever WR is available in round 2. Especially in half PPR. Or if Kelce's still there he's a fine choice too.

The way I look at it is, if all the top WRs are gone, that doesn't mean you panic and take a receiver from the next tier. Now you're behind at both WR and RB. It means you lean into it and grab an elite RB and likely still get a comparable receiver when your pick comes back around.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think as 0RB becomes more popular, people are sleeping on the fact that a top five running back is still a significant edge. Last year in full PPR, 5 wide receivers finished with over 300 points, but so did 4 running backs. Another 2 RBs with over 250, but only 4 more receivers over 250 points. Another 8 wide receivers above 225 points, but 7 more backs at that same threshold.

At the end of the day, you just gotta grab guys who are gonna finish top ten at their position if you want to win. Doesn't really matter where you get it. Just draft the best dude available and figure the rest out later.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I also think it changes every year. Or at least, my approach to it does.

My big takeaway from last years fantasy season was that I was going into this years draft 100% nailed to 0RB. But then you sit and look at the players you wanted to target or hope to fall to you in later rounds, my RB list ended up being way deeper than my WR list this year.

Obviously I have to include the "Potentially Bad Drafting Disclaimer", but I have 2 WR's I feel good about on my roster so far and then 3 guys who are just total fliers from the late rounds. There were just more guys I didn't want to pass on at RB this year who kept falling to me.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
We can pick out draft slot in our 12 team 0.5 PPR re-draft league. I have the 2nd selection the 3rd slot has been taken, but all others are open. Seems like either pick 2, or 10/11 is the way to go based off current ADPs on ESPN. Any strong thoughts? No 3rd round reversal.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I'd go 2, take whichever of CMC or JJ is available

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I'd go 2, take whichever of CMC or JJ is available

Seconded (:v:), I don't like intentionally opting out of the very cream of the crop like JJ / Chase / CMC / Hill. Being able to double tap at the end of the first is nice too but there's still good options when it comes back to you.

Like I would be thrilled about a (looking at ESPN ADP) CMC / Amon-Ra / Waddle start (or whatever nearby WRs happen to be available in your specific draft)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 23, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If you need a last place punishment for your league:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694000201978216939

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea it’s a 25 man dynasty league so he would just be an end of the bench stash.

I’ve got Tua, Kyler, Jimmy G, and Pickett already

Oh then yeah he's a fine add

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Bellmaker posted:

If you need a last place punishment for your league:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694000201978216939

Would go well with https://bijanmustardson.com/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

interesting thought experiment, in a snake draft how low does Taylor need to fall before you'd draft him

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m not really worried about Taylor. I’d be fine getting him anywhere after pick 15 or so in half ppr.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

interesting thought experiment, in a snake draft how low does Taylor need to fall before you'd draft him

Younger me would be scooping this value all day. But current me drafted Lev Bell in his holdout year and got dumpstered. So someone is absolutely going to take him sooner than I'd be willing to cause I'm still shook from that pick

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Younger me would be scooping this value all day. But current me drafted Lev Bell in his holdout year and got dumpstered. So someone is absolutely going to take him sooner than I'd be willing to cause I'm still shook from that pick

That's exactly what I thought of. That screwed up Bell's career though, it's a cautionary tale now. For like everyone involved.

After removing keepers and following the FA replacement beersheets here's how I have the guys ranked in half ppr in my league scoring settings.

I pick 8th and seriously considering Mahomes if he's there. I have Justin Jefferson. Crazy homer or #1 WR and #1 QB is genius?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

That's exactly what I thought of. That screwed up Bell's career though, it's a cautionary tale now. For like everyone involved.

After removing keepers and following the FA replacement beersheets here's how I have the guys ranked in half ppr in my league scoring settings.

I pick 8th and seriously considering Mahomes if he's there. I have Justin Jefferson. Crazy homer or #1 WR and #1 QB is genius?
If you already have JJ I would absolutely mash drafting Mahomes there.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you look at Mahomes' projected numbers on ESPN they are low as hell, so even more value really. If Chris Jones doesn't play the Chiefs are back to needing to score 35 to win.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

does anyone here really think etienne is worth a late 3rd / early 4th in any format? doug pederson has a history of running committees with nobody breaking 1000 yards. last year a fluke for travis?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pmchem posted:

does anyone here really think etienne is worth a late 3rd / early 4th in any format? doug pederson has a history of running committees with nobody breaking 1000 yards. last year a fluke for travis?
Last year he was the bellcow and got worn down as the season went on. He did ok between the tackles but he took a beating. Dougie P has been quoted as saying that he expects Etienne to hit 1,400 yards rushing this year, but with Bigsby and D'Ernest Johnson added and likely an interest in keeping Etienne fresh for a playoff push, I expect him to get fewer touches. That being said, the offense should be more competent this year with Ridley to take the top off/be more threatening than Old Man MJJr (I love him but he looked kinda cooked) and just simply being another year removed from the Urban Meyer experience and having that year of experience in the Dougie P system.

tl;dr I expect him to be an RB2 on the year again. In the two redraft snake draft Best Ball 10 man leagues I'm in, he went 4.8 and 4.9 respectively.

\/\/\/\/ ~~NoW hE LoSt JJSS sO tHe paSsiNg gAMe wILl sUCk~~

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 24, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

If you look at Mahomes' projected numbers on ESPN they are low as hell, so even more value really. If Chris Jones doesn't play the Chiefs are back to needing to score 35 to win.

Yeah projections for Mahomes seem a bit conservative

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah projections for Mahomes seem a bit conservative

Mahomes is the best quarterback in football, but his lack of rushing upside means he's being drafted at his ceiling. Before this year, he hasn't really finished above QB4. If I'm taking a QB with my first pick, it is Josh Allen. QB2, QB1, QB1 the last three years.

EDIT: Get your guy, but I think Allen and Hurts are both better values.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 24, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Last year he was the bellcow and got worn down as the season went on. He did ok between the tackles but he took a beating. Dougie P has been quoted as saying that he expects Etienne to hit 1,400 yards rushing this year, but with Bigsby and D'Ernest Johnson added and likely an interest in keeping Etienne fresh for a playoff push, I expect him to get fewer touches. That being said, the offense should be more competent this year with Ridley to take the top off/be more threatening than Old Man MJJr (I love him but he looked kinda cooked) and just simply being another year removed from the Urban Meyer experience and having that year of experience in the Dougie P system.

tl;dr I expect him to be an RB2 on the year again. In the two redraft snake draft Best Ball 10 man leagues I'm in, he went 4.8 and 4.9 respectively.

\/\/\/\/ ~~NoW hE LoSt JJSS sO tHe paSsiNg gAMe wILl sUCk~~

This is a more nuanced version of what I was going to say lol. ETN is not a guy I am actively targeting or excited about but he will probably perform in line with his ADP. As long as your plan doesn’t count on him finishing as better then an RB2 he’s fine?

I don’t put any stock in “coach says he wants this guy to rush for 69,420 yards this year” it’s in the same obligatory offseason garbage category as “best shape of his life”

I’m more interested in the Bigsby flier at his much lower cost since it sounds like he could get a lot of the high value touches? But interested in the Jags fan take on him since maybe that is too much fantasy analyst wishcasting and they’ll give it to the vet when the game is on the line.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Docjowles posted:

This is a more nuanced version of what I was going to say lol. ETN is not a guy I am actively targeting or excited about but he will probably perform in line with his ADP. As long as your plan doesn’t count on him finishing as better then an RB2 he’s fine?

I don’t put any stock in “coach says he wants this guy to rush for 69,420 yards this year” it’s in the same obligatory offseason garbage category as “best shape of his life”

I’m more interested in the Bigsby flier at his much lower cost since it sounds like he could get a lot of the high value touches? But interested in the Jags fan take on him since maybe that is too much fantasy analyst wishcasting and they’ll give it to the vet when the game is on the line.

I've got faith in Etienne to deliver at ADP barring injury. I'm also in a unique position where I was kind of stuck with him or Breece Hall as a point valued keeper, and my league redrafts fresh next year. Grain of salt.

BTW has anyone started a 'dunk on my loving draft' thread yet?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The NFC South appears to have a soft schedule, could Bijan be this year’s Dameon Pierce?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Bellmaker posted:

The NFC South appears to have a soft schedule, could Bijan be this year’s Dameon Pierce?

I think expectations are a bit higher since Bijan is currently RB#3 on fantasypros while Pierce was RB#26 looking at last years stats.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah people are drafting Bijan like he is going to repeat Derrick Henry’s 2000 yard season. If he is Dameon Pierce it’s a disaster lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
People are dumb about rookies.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

People are dumb about rookies.

Okay, that helps to explain to me why Bijan is listed as the #3 RB from what I can tell. I know Bijan from college, but he's a rookie RB who hasn't ever faced NFL defenses before. Seemed too high on the board to me, good to know my intuition is at least somewhat validated.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Judgy Fucker posted:

Okay, that helps to explain to me why Bijan is listed as the #3 RB from what I can tell. I know Bijan from college, but he's a rookie RB who hasn't ever faced NFL defenses before. Seemed too high on the board to me, good to know my intuition is at least somewhat validated.

Sometimes they're right and you get a Saquan rookie season, but more often you get a CEH.

Bijan is rising because he got a bunch of carries in preseason, Smith wants to run and their QB sucks. But I think his current ADP ignores the existence of Tyler Allgeier and the eventual return of CPat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

But I think his current ADP ignores the existence of Tyler Allgeier and the eventual return of CPat.

Plus the Falcons in general

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

Mahomes is the best quarterback in football, but his lack of rushing upside means he's being drafted at his ceiling. Before this year, he hasn't really finished above QB4. If I'm taking a QB with my first pick, it is Josh Allen. QB2, QB1, QB1 the last three years.

EDIT: Get your guy, but I think Allen and Hurts are both better values.

I hear you, but in this specific discussion for my draft Allen is a keeper and with my scoring settings Hurts is projected 66 points lower than Mahomes which is pretty sizeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pain of Mind posted:

I think expectations are a bit higher since Bijan is currently RB#3 on fantasypros while Pierce was RB#26 looking at last years stats.

I wasn’t aware he was going that high sheesh, I was thinking RB2 not first round pick lol