Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Still watching Mix season 2, the best tv show this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I'm still watching Yohane the Parhelion, but I don't think I like, get it. It's certainly very pretty with some remarkably nice character art, and I like when it's just being goofy and playful, but the writing feels rather banal compared to Love Live proper and its attempts at being sentimental totally miss me. It doesn't actually seem to get a lot out of being a spinoff? If anything most of the Aqours characters feel like distractions. I'm hoping the Big Twist will make the story fall into place a bit more but it's dragging its feet a bit on that, too.
I was excited about the 2nd season of the chinese GL adventure show Feng Ling Yu Xiu before but sadly it's just not as good as the 1st one. Alas, one less extremely obscure thing I get to be annoying about, you hate to see it.
And of course there's MyGO which I like a very normal amount (please watch it)

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nitrousoxide posted:

I dropped the Helck anime. Started the manga. I don't know if this is "great" but it's certainly better than the anime. I'd like it more if the series was called "Piuy" instead of Helck
Vol 6 Ch 54 Helck

You're in luck then. Just remember, he's not a bird.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Ever Disappointing posted:

I've been following Reign of the Seven Spellblades, Undead Murder Farce, Level 1 Demon Lord & One Room Hero, Jujutsu Kaisen and Zom 100. That order is from best to least good.

Not sure which direction that is intended to be because Jujutsu Kaisen being near one end together with Zom 100 is pretty confusing

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The flashback arc has always been polarizing, being well animated won't really change that. Plenty of discussion about people having issues with Zom as well (I dropped it :shrug:).

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

doomrider7 posted:

You're in luck then. Just remember, he's not a bird.

That's the stuff.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

this thread convinced me to watch MyGO, and you all have my sincere thanks for that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Zom 100 while not bad really just became typical Shonen after its strong opening episode

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh i didnt like the first ep that much either. like it was obviously very visually inventive but the core story had some uhh, issues

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this lady in an obviously abusive workplace is having sex with her boss? drat i bet thats normal, i wonder how this makes our protagonist feel. also shes dead now.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

these are all true things but i felt like the purpose of the ep was to get you into the mindset of the protagonist and understand how deeply the mundane horrors of an office job were destroying him, which it was incredibly successful at. the shift from that to the zombies is really funny and the manic energy it brings when he's free from his workplace is really fun and exhilarating, again very closely mirroring his mindset. i guess what i'm saying is ep1 is more about the emotional journey the visuals (and audio! the audio is also very good and people don't talk about that enough) impart than the "writing" itself, which as anything more than a vehicle for these visuals is, to be as generous as possible to it, pretty bare bones.

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 22, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The most recent episode of Zom100 was way better than the previous one, which was definitely the weakest so far. That said it is absolutely mostly dumb well-animated fun

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Zom 100 sits comfortably in the middle of the five shows I'm watching in terms of how much I'm enjoying it, below MyGO (at dizzying heights) and Horimiya, above Murder Farce and Yohane.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Zom 100 while not bad really just became typical Shonen after its strong opening episode

speaking of typical shonen, i did not expect undead murder farce to introduce 2 mysterious bad guy organizations, one of which has bleach names, quincy uniforms, and assigns code numbers by power level.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

lordfrikk posted:

Not sure which direction that is intended to be because Jujutsu Kaisen being near one end together with Zom 100 is pretty confusing

tbh the more the story focuses on Gojo the less I care about it

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

same, but the polar opposite

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Big Leg posted:

speaking of typical shonen, i did not expect undead murder farce to introduce 2 mysterious bad guy organizations, one of which has bleach names, quincy uniforms, and assigns code numbers by power level.

Guess I gotta watch this

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Murder Farce feels like it has played most of its cards by now, so I'm a bit cooler on it despite the quality of everything having remained consistent. It and Bungo are still the only shows I'd say I really anticipate each week, but I'm finding the continued Spy Classroom antics about as gratifying to watch once I get around to those episodes.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Helck has been a pretty average adaptation so far, not amazing, just Okay but avoiding the biscuit hammer curse so I'm still quite enjoying it as a comfy Tuesday night watch.

I am, however, super enjoying the voice cast which is really carrying the show and the addition of the human king being voiced by Sugita is excellent.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Anyone else watching Link Click? I'm not sure why they decided this season needed a ton of long fight scenes but I guess it's kinda neat how they aren't really animated in typical anime style.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Yeah, I just started the second season after finishing the first just days before. The OP is as great as the first season, both animation and music. The main mystery and setting is pretty interesting but I also don’t particularly care for that brand of sad scenes, they don’t feel earned and they like to insert them frequently. I’m only up to episode 3 though. The fight scene in episode 2 was :eyepop:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Lemon-Lime posted:

The new Fog Hill of Five Elements episodes have some cool fight choreography.

https://files.catbox.moe/t6qxpb.webm

I just checked out the first season of this, and it does own. A big recommend.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Big Leg posted:

Holmes-kun

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

P-Mack posted:

Anyone else watching Link Click? I'm not sure why they decided this season needed a ton of long fight scenes but I guess it's kinda neat how they aren't really animated in typical anime style.

I think it's kind of a shame the whole serial murder plot has basically supplanted the main narrative because I really enjoyed the episodic little mysteries the first season brought, even if we do get a bit of that back with the photo drive a few eps in. Even ignoring the fight choreography, I do like how they're doing more atypical effects in the animation with all the "filters" and whatnot. Feels a bit Mob Psycho 100-esque.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Is Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence worth a watch? The description seemed kinda neat

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence worth a watch? The description seemed kinda neat

its an alrite com about a Saint (who's secretly lazy when no ones looking, other than the Pastor)

kind of like Umaru-chan

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's pretty bland 4koma romcom material but also one of the best-looking shows of the season so ymmv. got a bit better when the blue hair girl showed up, she's more fun than the other chars. i'm mostly watching it becuase i like the art direction and the moeblob faces

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
this episode of Undead Girl Farce is way too dark in the lightning, can barely see anything.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

It's a cute fun low stakes fluffy romcom about a secretly lazy saint and her dense caretaker priest. It's purely for fluff and relaxation.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Undead Murder Farce 08
drat, RIP Fatima, didn't expect her to get ripped like that. If more of these people from her fraction show up, I think they're just gonna be the jobbers each arc. The diamond says the werewolves are located in a place called The Forest of Fangs...with a name like that, don't think you needed the diamond. If the werewolves wanted to hide, hide somewhere like The Forest of Rainbows and Totally Not Werewolves or something.

Looks like they're kind of throwing the mystery portion away now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess hanako-kun is getting a tiny 10 minute 4 ep spinoff in october called After School Hanako-kun that is the starting point of a reboot??* rebooting an anime after just 3 years is kinda wild especially when the original was.. good?? and so stylish. same studio for this spinoff but it's a completely different staff except for sound/music. but the spinoff may just have its own staff, i assume that would not be unusual

* although ANN/wiki may also be getting their info from mistranslation idk

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 24, 2023

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

feels like there's some mistranslation/misinterpretation going on there, i don't see anything actually saying reboot, just that they're making more anime. which could just mean these shorts, or a season 2, or a rebroadcast with added content

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah they continue to be annoyingly obtuse about what is actually being made lol. When this short was announced yesterday I hoped they would also clarify what the main project is but not yet...

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Hey remember the show Bang Dream It's MyGO that everyone says is super good? Well it had another episode and it was super good. Come watch MyGO! Its title band is a giant rolling gay disaster! And a cat!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Omnicrom posted:

Hey remember the show Bang Dream It's MyGO that everyone says is super good? Well it had another episode and it was super good. Come watch MyGO! Its title band is a giant rolling gay disaster! And a cat!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Every time MyGO comes up I watch another episode and wonder why people are hyping it so much. Last time I got to episode three and it felt like I must be watching movie cut down to 23 minutes because everyone was acting like I had missed three scenes every time they switched to a new location.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's called a montage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yawgmoft posted:

Every time MyGO comes up I watch another episode and wonder why people are hyping it so much. Last time I got to episode three and it felt like I must be watching movie cut down to 23 minutes because everyone was acting like I had missed three scenes every time they switched to a new location.
i mean

episode three is about showing you snippets of tomori's time with crychic

you arent getting an entire walkthrough of every single moment she had with them, just the moments that stuck out in her memory, because it was a couple years ago

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fangz posted:

It's called a montage.

A mysterious technique to be sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
yeah MyGo is really, really good but I think I went from liking it to loving it around ep 5