Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trashy owl posted:

Risking the death of my spouse for some sweet brunch is surely worth it, am I right?

lol, its a video game screenshot friend. not advocating for your wife to die. way to make it weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I'm playing castlevania dawn of sorrow after playing sotn and aria and dang, this is the exact same game for the third time in a row huh

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

icantfindaname posted:

I'm playing castlevania dawn of sorrow after playing sotn and aria and dang, this is the exact same game for the third time in a row huh

feel the same way about the wind waker ds games (actionable)

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
minish cap was by far the best handheld zelda game until i could play botw on the train

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Mekchu posted:

lol, its a video game screenshot friend. not advocating for your wife to die. way to make it weird.

I get that your thing to be is too cool and aloof to be serious about even serious matters, which I expect from an ostensible comedy forum. Pretending context doesn't exist is bad faith, and we're trying to make this a nicer place to post. I've not participated in this thread before this version nor had I ever read it. I am not your forum enemy.

But my spouse is not my wife. They're the secret third thing.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

fosborb posted:

minish cap was by far the best handheld zelda game until i could play botw on the train

That last boss is a bitch and a half. Great game though!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
posting a screenshot from fnv isn't the same as saying its worth risking your spouse's life to get brunch. i hope you can understand that.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

trashy owl posted:

I get that your thing to be is too cool and aloof to be serious about even serious matters, which I expect from an ostensible comedy forum. Pretending context doesn't exist is bad faith, and we're trying to make this a nicer place to post. I've not participated in this thread before this version nor had I ever read it. I am not your forum enemy.

But my spouse is not my wife. They're the secret third thing.

but like, that's a Fallout screenshot. is it about brunch at all? really?

i haven't played past fallout 3, but i recently moved to DC so now I really want to see how accurate the brunches are and is Rock Creek even represented?

because that poo poo should have been in Cruisin USA at least, but it wasn't

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

fosborb posted:

but like, that's a Fallout screenshot. is it about brunch at all? really?

i haven't played past fallout 3, but i recently moved to DC so now I really want to see how accurate the brunches are and is Rock Creek even represented?

because that poo poo should have been in Cruisin USA at least, but it wasn't

Please don't pretend that someone whose contribution to this thread at this point has been "lol", "lmao", and "this is insane" up to a few hours ago posting that particular screenshot was a random video game screenshot post.

Context exists, and it's frustrating for people who don't really have a choice but to live separate from society now to be mocked for it.

It's not like we enjoy the material conditions we exist in, or are delusional about the math or risk.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
it’s just a funny/topical screenshot. i don’t think i have posted in such a way as to encourage people to do anything reckless

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Don't mind me I'm just mainlining 2000+ posts playing catchup. Gotta say I'm happy to see probes being handed out.

road potato posted:

God drat this thread moves fast. Three pages back but less than a day.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.m4721
"Only return to exercise after at least seven days free of symptoms, and begin with at least two weeks of minimal exertion"

This flowchart is... a lot, but good

Minimum 7 days at each phase, so 5 weeks after before going back to normal. It's a bit more than what folks are saying for 'take a whole month off' but I started wearing a heart rate monitor very regularly after COVID and logging all my exercise, tried to stay in the low zones for like 4 weeks before starting to ease back into it.

Still... not feeling great about heart health 9 months later.

Oracle posted:

So its been suspected for awhile (casual perusal found studies as far back as 2004) that infections can raise the risk of cardiac events, even before covid, but it never really raised the alarms until, ya know, THE ENTIRE WORLD caught a novel disease that seemed tailor made to screw up your blood/blood vessels multiple times.

E.g.

A metastudy on post covid MI

Similar one for strokes and blood clots (this dude loves his metaanalyses)

A review of post-covid cardiovascular complications and possible treatments
Too much to quote here but a lot of data on risks after infection. Money shot is:

American College of Cardiology recommendations for returning to exercise post-covid (its a pdf lol)

And another scientific article from last year that describes what returning to exercise should look like depending on how severe your infection.

This article puts the above in layman's terms rather nicely.

Solid posts, thank you for your efforts

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Ugh I'm sorry.

It was so, so easy to get Paxlovid here:
https://sesamecare.com/medication/paxlovid

No lying of any kind required. An easy minute long phone call and we had a Paxlovid prescription called in before we were off the phone.

Hell yeah

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

trashy owl posted:

Please don't pretend that someone whose contribution to this thread at this point has been "lol", "lmao", and "this is insane" up to a few hours ago posting that particular screenshot was a random video game screenshot post.

you can click the ? next to my posts to see that isn’t the case in this thread or the last one.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

harrygomm posted:

you can click the ? next to my posts to see that isn’t the case in this thread or the last one.

You can do the same on this thread and see that I'm correct? Weird to think I wouldn't check.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trashy owl posted:

Context exists, and it's frustrating for people who don't really have a choice but to live separate from society now to be mocked for it.

It's not like we enjoy the material conditions we exist in, or are delusional about the math or risk.

laughing at things that people said in this thread that i personally find funny isn't a great crime nor is it mocking someone's conditions of living or health whatsoever.

i think you're reading way too much into both my posts and that fnv screenshot.

edit -

trashy owl posted:

You can do the same on this thread and see that I'm correct? Weird to think I wouldn't check.

but you're wrong. harry hasn't posted 'lol', 'lmao', and 'this is insane' whatsoever. i did.

you seem to be really confused about who is who, which probably is why you're overreacting to what has been posted.

harrygomm posted the screenshot, not me.

i posted 'lol' to people saying stuff like 'there's a whole cabal of other posters on SA just trying to shut the thread down and organizing themselves to do it' and the like, as well as calling the person saying someone's wife shouldn't be a school teacher for not being able to install a filtration into their classroom (due to administrative hindrances) insane. because they are both funny and insane things to post respectively.

neither one of that is us posting that people should harm themselves or risk the lives of anyone in their family or whatever. what is wrong with you?

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 09:08 on Aug 23, 2023

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

trashy owl posted:

all i see is me linking a deal on an aranet4, asking how to more easily find the differences in OPs when on a phone, asking how to be better at interpreting scientific articles, and talking about getting called by the CDC. i think you might have me confused with someone else. i thought the screenshot was funny b/c off the context when “immunity debt” was previously brought up. i did not post it in a way to encourage people to harm themselves

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ppl already doing enough harm to themselves by posting on SA

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk how you can mix up an avatar of an anime character in front of a butcrack with metalhead uppercutting cyberdemon's junk so much he explodes. they're very different and unique from one another.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mekchu posted:

laughing at things that people said in this thread that i personally find funny isn't a great crime nor is it mocking someone's conditions of living or health whatsoever.

i think you're reading way too much into both my posts and that fnv screenshot.

edit -

but you're wrong. harry hasn't posted 'lol', 'lmao', and 'this is insane' whatsoever. i did.

you seem to be really confused about who is who, which probably is why you're overreacting what has been posted.

harrygomm posted the screenshot, not me.

i posted 'lol' to people saying stuff like 'there's a whole cabal of other posters on SA just trying to shut the thread down and organizing themselves to do it' and the like, as well as calling the person saying someone's wife shouldn't be a school teacher for not being able to install a filtration into their classroom (due to administrative hindrances) insane. because they are both funny and insane things to post respectively.

neither one of that is us posting that people should harm themselves or risk the lives of anyone in their family or whatever. what is wrong with you?

not mad at all lol

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Rosalind posted:

Here's some actual jokes epidemiologists tell:

What's the definition of a double blind study?
When both the PIs are MDs.

What did the hipster epidemiologist say at the press conference?
Don't worry. You probably wouldn't get it anyway.

A physicist, an engineer, and an epidemiologist go hunting. The physicist sees a deer and he does some quick calculations, adjusts his scope, and fires. The bullet lands a couple yards short. The engineer promptly takes aim and adds in air resistance into his calculations. He takes aim and fires, the bullet flies past the deer and lands a couple yards behind it. "WE GOT HIM!!!" yells the epidemiologist.

i lol’d

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

not mad at all lol

:dafuq:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

bedpan posted:

ppl already doing enough harm to themselves by posting on SA

The psychic damage can be immense at times.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

trashy owl posted:

lol fuckin dork

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

trashy owl posted:

Risking the death of my spouse for some sweet brunch is surely worth it, am I right?

thats literally how doc mitchells wife dies lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Mekchu posted:

idk how you can mix up an avatar of an anime character in front of a butcrack with metalhead uppercutting cyberdemon's junk so much he explodes. they're very different and unique from one another.

your avatar is more topical to COVID than might normally be expected since CBT is something recommended for recovering from long covid

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

trashy owl posted:

this thread is badass lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this thread is badass lol

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

bedpan posted:

your avatar is more topical to COVID than might normally be expected since CBT is something recommended for recovering from long covid

Wait cock and ball torture or cognitive behavioral therapy

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

silicone thrills posted:

Wait cock and ball torture or cognitive behavioral therapy

they're one and the same op

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I never would have guessed that that’s what it took.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
come on barbie let’s go party

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Mekchu posted:

if anyone knows what this avatar even is or where daniel posts now since i think it was his, please let me know

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

trashy owl posted:

Someone posted this earlier but that's all I've seen.

idk what I did but reading this is nothing but ads for remdesivir

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Steve Yun posted:

BTW, the bulk vflexes seem to be identical to regular vflexes other than the pleating pattern. same size, same bands, same wings, just no speed lines.

oh yeahhhhh

come to think of it weren’t a lot of vflexes failing because of the pleating near the nose? these bulk vflexes might not have that problem

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

If you're posting in this thread you're basically posting under a don't lose your temper rule. Everything you do has to be measured and rational because anything too high strung is a sign you're about to go blow up a Costco with a pipe bomb in a Darth Vader suit.

I'm not really joking. This is not a thread to get pulled into dumb slapfights with trolls if you can't keep your temper under control or prevent yourself from saying anything stupid in an argument.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only person starting a slapfight was the person who saw a fallout new vegas screenshot and equated that to someone wishing death on their spouse. nobody was trolling the thread lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Phigs posted:

If you're posting in this thread you're basically posting under a don't lose your temper rule. Everything you do has to be measured and rational because anything too high strung is a sign you're about to go blow up a Costco with a pipe bomb in a Darth Vader suit.

I'm not really joking. This is not a thread to get pulled into dumb slapfights with trolls if you can't keep your temper under control or prevent yourself from saying anything stupid in an argument.

thats been true in cspam, SA and irl forever.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I was talking to lady who got owned my a cotsco clerk because they do the check now and she was like the only person in line holding her poo poo in both her hands and it was her "this motherfucker" moment i let her vent while making fun of her being owned. she never said she was going to get a gun tho lol.. makes u think

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Phigs posted:

idk man I just went hard on the ignore list and laughed at some fuckin losers crying in SAD, I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic and my team’s prevented hundreds of thousands of deaths if not millions

I’m happy to provide advice for people to protect themselves and their loved ones, this virus is no joke and it’s going to be a mass disabling event, but forum wars on some web 1.5 website are some of the least relevant poo poo ever

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Homeless Friend posted:

thats been true in cspam, SA and irl forever.

The scrutiny makes it different. You could have that same meltdown in a random thread in these forums and chances are no mod would end up seeing it.

People in the thread need to understand they have to have more restraint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Bastard Tetris posted:

I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic

can i have some money