Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Mola Yam posted:

can i have some money

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Bastard Tetris posted:

I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic

hmmm

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nice my awful post made the thread title my work here is done *disappears from thread until the next variant*

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Phigs posted:

The scrutiny makes it different. You could have that same meltdown in a random thread in these forums and chances are no mod would end up seeing it.

People in the thread need to understand they have to have more restraint.

Sorta, you can post like a psycho as long as you do a wink and nod appropriately. you have to use cspam irony protections. then it falls onto the personal judgement of the poster by the mod and not the post.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Mola Yam posted:

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take

drug discovery’s this but you miss 99.9999% of the time

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Phigs posted:

If you're posting in this thread you're basically posting under a don't lose your temper rule. Everything you do has to be measured and rational because anything too high strung is a sign you're about to go blow up a Costco with a pipe bomb in a Darth Vader suit.

I'm not really joking. This is not a thread to get pulled into dumb slapfights with trolls if you can't keep your temper under control or prevent yourself from saying anything stupid in an argument.

I understand your point and I receive it with compassion but this is like trying to train a dog to poo poo in a toilet to get your neighbors to stop asking about his feces. if your neighbors want to know that bad, they’ll find out, so maybe the issue isn’t the dog

I say this as a toilet trained dog owner

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

Mekchu posted:

the only person starting a slapfight was the person who saw a fallout new vegas screenshot and equated that to someone wishing death on their spouse. nobody was trolling the thread lmao

they were right

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

oh no

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
posting a picture of the gas mask monster from stalker as a threat

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

skill issue

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

already bring a gun to costco but that is because I open carry and not because of anything COVID related

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bedpan posted:

already bring a gun to costco but that is because I open carry and not because of anything COVID related

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Phigs posted:

The scrutiny makes it different. You could have that same meltdown in a random thread in these forums and chances are no mod would end up seeing it.

People in the thread need to understand they have to have more restraint.

You know how folks complain about "normalization" forcing COVID news and people that are COVID conscious, from immunocompromised folks to just people who don't like being sick, into the margins of society? The notion that many people are ignorant of the realities of COVID because it's simply considered impolite to discuss them?

This is just a dead comedy forum, but the sort of forced decorum (in a supposed FYAD lite no less), especially when dealing with a mass death and disability event, is normalization in action. It's the very same idea of conflating calmness and politeness with just thought or actions, ultimately as a means to enforce the status quo, but in this case more likely just a weird visceral reaction brought on by propaganda that COVID isn't something to be taken seriously.

I don't have any objections to moderating the thread, but the whole notion that we can thread the needle to please dedicated poo poo stirrers who demand the thread be "normal" is absurd at face value. COVID taken seriously isn't normal, and folks whose whole posting persona is trying to police other threads aren't inclined to be satisfied anyways. The thread will be normalized until it is dead or removed, regardless of the actual content of the posts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

Nice my awful post made the thread title my work here is done *disappears from thread until the next variant*

hey wait come back, you're the only thread doctor we have left

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

R.I.P. King

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i never noticed his sick mug

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

cenotaph posted:

It's something worth being mad about! It makes me mad too!. I did not believe that was your intent and I am not offended but if we're looking to elevate the tone of this thread I thought it worth mentioning.

Of course,

Hey thanks for pointing it out.

:glomp:

Steve Yun posted:

oh yeahhhhh

come to think of it weren’t a lot of vflexes failing because of the pleating near the nose? these bulk vflexes might not have that problem

that was my first thought. seemed like the extra stitches were a point of failure and maybe they’ve revised the design

Homeless Friend posted:

Sorta, you can post like a psycho as long as you do a wink and nod appropriately. you have to use cspam irony protections. then it falls onto the personal judgement of the poster by the mod and not the post.

You can also post like a psycho if you are down with the sickness.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

bobtheconqueror posted:

You know how folks complain about "normalization" forcing COVID news and people that are COVID conscious, from immunocompromised folks to just people who don't like being sick, into the margins of society? The notion that many people are ignorant of the realities of COVID because it's simply considered impolite to discuss them?

This is just a dead comedy forum, but the sort of forced decorum (in a supposed FYAD lite no less), especially when dealing with a mass death and disability event, is normalization in action. It's the very same idea of conflating calmness and politeness with just thought or actions, ultimately as a means to enforce the status quo, but in this case more likely just a weird visceral reaction brought on by propaganda that COVID isn't something to be taken seriously.

I don't have any objections to moderating the thread, but the whole notion that we can thread the needle to please dedicated poo poo stirrers who demand the thread be "normal" is absurd at face value. COVID taken seriously isn't normal, and folks whose whole posting persona is trying to police other threads aren't inclined to be satisfied anyways. The thread will be normalized until it is dead or removed, regardless of the actual content of the posts.

good post Bob!

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

bobtheconqueror posted:

empty loving quote

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

bobtheconqueror posted:

it is too much to expect that ppl in the ostensibly* leftist subforum have even the slightest familiarity with cultural hegemony, actually.

*osteopathically

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

See you tomorrow.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

makes me :lol: every time.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

bobtheconqueror posted:

on top of this, you don't resolve conflict or disagreement through lack of (unironic, direct, principled) struggle. "keeping the peace" always leads to either fizzle or explosion.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Insanite posted:

it is too much to expect that ppl in the ostensibly* leftist subforum have even the slightest familiarity with cultural hegemony, actually.

*osteopathically

I see the problem here. Cspam is not a leftist forum, it's just filled with computer touchers cosplaying as leftists.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Imani Barbarin posted a nice summary of disability protest tactics on her Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwQ5CvErHBy/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I don’t know how Instagram works or what a reel is so I hope this is a good way to share that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1144848451966066688
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1243972193169616898

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Aug 23, 2023

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Homeless Friend posted:

i never noticed his sick mug

Ok, but did you notice the boot?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NeonPunk posted:

I see the problem here. Cspam is not a leftist forum, it's just filled with computer touchers cosplaying as leftists.

that's this thread you loving dipshit

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Regarde Aduck posted:

this isn't necessary or helpful

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

this thread is in c-spam yes

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

is this thread in cspam or is cspam in this thread????

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

is the cspam in the room with us now?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I'm not a computer toucher - I work full time in an office. I'm also the only one in my company enforcing a masking requirement for my work area.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"computer toucher" becoming the default insult on this forum is like the most spider-man pointing at spider-man thing possible

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!
Regarde aduck has read every post you or i have ever made, so he probably knows what we all do, being lumped in with the 'computer toucher' label is hurtful and not true

on topic we got xylitol nasal spray last night and it doesn't sting like poo poo like iota carrageenan, so thats cool

tenderjerk has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Aug 23, 2023

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
It's impossible to touch computers for a living and have a leftist ideology. You are all posers!

Troutful
May 31, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

being lumped in with the 'computer toucher' label is hurtful and not true

I don't mind it personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Sunny Side Up posted:

on top of this, you don't resolve conflict or disagreement through lack of (unironic, direct, principled) struggle. "keeping the peace" always leads to either fizzle or explosion.

but if we protest they'll "gas" us

better break out your organic vapor cartridges :smuggo: