Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

leftists: “covid is over. show me your smile, freak!”

lib computer touchers: “people should be able to work without playing disability roulette, maybe.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troutful
May 31, 2011

I'd like to know more about the toilet-trained dog, like does it know how to flush the toilet.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's this thread you loving dipshit

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tenderjerk posted:

this isn't necessary or helpful

quote:

Don't imply that another poster on this site is a pedophile without evidence, even in a cute way with an emoji or whatever.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Insanite posted:

this isn't cspam enough, try a harder ableist slur next time for the full cspam effect

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
cspam is a leftist forum for people who hate leftists, hence all the self-loathing and concern trolling, it's just a few cs majors on downtime from the dsa polycule

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

oh did you not see the part where i ate a ban for it, i mean you must have if you are combing my rap sheet

you are bing off topic in the covid thread and that is not helpful (but thank you for taking an interest in my posts!!)

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

*posting on Obama phone Mao'ishly*

Heh

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Insanite posted:

lib computer touchers: “people should be able to work without playing disability roulette, maybe.”

Communism is the philosophy of liberation of all people (from their immune systems)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tenderjerk posted:

oh did you not see the part where i ate a ban for it, i mean you must have if you are combing my rap sheet

you are bing off topic in the covid thread and that is not helpful (but thank you for taking an interest in my posts!!)

This isn't necessary or helpful.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

i thought i had sigs turned off

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

mags posted:

cspam is a leftist forum for people who hate leftists, hence all the self-loathing and concern trolling, it's just a few cs majors on downtime from the dsa polycule

this feels closest 2 the truth tbh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This isn't necessary or helpful.

another mad one, smh

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he touch da conputah

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"computer toucher" becoming the default insult on this forum is like the most spider-man pointing at spider-man thing possible

:emptyquote:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

everyone here i have something to confess, i got 8 vax shots and i lied my rear end off for most of them because gently caress the system and fuxk the cdc

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm going to join team "close the cspam covid thread." The virus is currently ripping through friends family and coworkers, and I'm tired of believing there's anything that can be done about it. Ignorance is bliss

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Epitope posted:

I think I'm going to join team "close the cspam covid thread." The virus is currently ripping through friends family and coworkers, and I'm tired of believing there's anything that can be done about it. Ignorance is bliss

best argument for closing the thread I’ve seen

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

“Better things aren’t possible.”
—Vladimir Lenin

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Insanite posted:

“Better things aren’t possible.”
—Vladimir Lenin

lenin was a landlord checkmate tankies

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Bastard Tetris posted:

I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic

should be more than 6 lol

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bastard Tetris posted:

idk man I just went hard on the ignore list and laughed at some fuckin losers crying in SAD, I’ve made literal millions of dollars combating a global pandemic and my team’s prevented hundreds of thousands of deaths if not millions

I’m happy to provide advice for people to protect themselves and their loved ones, this virus is no joke and it’s going to be a mass disabling event, but forum wars on some web 1.5 website are some of the least relevant poo poo ever

:kstare:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

:capitalism:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i've made millions during the pandemic too. millions of friends :)

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

bobtheconqueror posted:

You know how folks complain about "normalization" forcing COVID news and people that are COVID conscious, from immunocompromised folks to just people who don't like being sick, into the margins of society? The notion that many people are ignorant of the realities of COVID because it's simply considered impolite to discuss them?

This is just a dead comedy forum, but the sort of forced decorum (in a supposed FYAD lite no less), especially when dealing with a mass death and disability event, is normalization in action. It's the very same idea of conflating calmness and politeness with just thought or actions, ultimately as a means to enforce the status quo, but in this case more likely just a weird visceral reaction brought on by propaganda that COVID isn't something to be taken seriously.

I don't have any objections to moderating the thread, but the whole notion that we can thread the needle to please dedicated poo poo stirrers who demand the thread be "normal" is absurd at face value. COVID taken seriously isn't normal, and folks whose whole posting persona is trying to police other threads aren't inclined to be satisfied anyways. The thread will be normalized until it is dead or removed, regardless of the actual content of the posts.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Virions are not friends :eng99:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Millions of little spiky friends

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

mags posted:

should be more than 6 lol

torn between “well, you folks wanted experts to feel welcome in the COVID thread” and lolling at the tone deafness

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Guy on the subway wearing a hot pink aura.

He's dicknosing.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

would kill for legit hot pink auras

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Pop quiz hotshot. Needle to your arm, what's in it?

Pfizer Moderna or Novavax

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also the date is September 15th. These are the new xbb boosters. XBB Boosters!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yooooooooo i ordered an aranet4 off amazon and it appears that ups may have lost the package

might be getting a free aranet4 :toot:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fansy posted:

Also the date is September 15th. These are the new xbb boosters. XBB Boosters!

setting over/unders:

uploaded sequenced cases of BA.2.86 at 1,000 by this date

predominance of BA.2.86 in the USA at large at 40%

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

deadwing posted:

yooooooooo i ordered an aranet4 off amazon and it appears that ups may have lost the package

might be getting a free aranet4 :toot:

On that note, would anyone know the component markings to make sure it's a genuine aranet, given what we've seen with masks there?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
A customer comes in and asks "so, are you OK? Are you sick or something, is that why you're wearing the mask?", and I say "No I just don't want to get sick, or get my family sick."

"I thought that was over with."

He grabs his vodka and as he plunks it down on the counter he launches into a detailed, graphic description of the time he got covid, ended up hospitalized for four days, and now has weird inflammation in his one knee (he's limping) plus really struggles to stay focused in a way he didn't before.

"Hope I don't get it again, I'm not sure I could go back to work with any more of this poo poo. Anyway, see ya."

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Gunshow Poophole posted:

setting over/unders:

uploaded sequenced cases of BA.2.86 at 1,000 by this date

predominance of BA.2.86 in the USA at large at 40%

i'll take the under on both

not because of a lack of spread, but because of a lack of data

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Epitope posted:

A lot of my otherwise smart coworkers who abandoned precautions in the last year are getting it now, some for the first time. My bold prediction is that the next 6-8 weeks will be critical to determine if anyone does something about it in the subsequent 6-8 weeks.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

captainbananas posted:

:hmmyes: the thinking poster's bet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

captainbananas posted:

Chaos option is that BA2.86 gets its lunch eaten by its spawn.

Also, uh, if you can wrangle it get the assays you'd want done for pax ahead of time, I suspect CDC stream or no that we're not too from a wave that might force some sort of pivot, and I suspect the first thing they'll try is paxmaxing in a way that we'd consider ill-advised.