Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
You're drat right I'll be shocked since Derek Carr has never had a great year before and there's no way it's suddenly happening now with a brittle saints roster and Dennis Allen.

The SF QB stuff is a full on mystery to me at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

"fanty" should be an instant perma tbh

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You're drat right I'll be shocked since Derek Carr has never had a great year before and there's no way it's suddenly happening now with a brittle saints roster and Dennis Allen.

Yeah Carr's never put together solid seasons with bad rosters before.

This Saints team will have the best defense Carr has ever had.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Shanahan's system and the talent they have there require you to throw on time over the middle very well but doesn't provide much opportunity for off platform stuff. Purdy does the one thing Shanahan requires excellently, which means he seldom has to do any of the stuff that's bad at (big arm strength throws, unplanned scrambling). He will continue to put up numbers with SF, but will fail miserably if he leaves.

Why SF decided to draft Lance, who is the opposite QB to Purdy, is beyond me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diqnol posted:

We are so fickle as fans, its amazing. Everyone is gonna act shocked when Derek Carr has a great year, when Goff comes back down to earth, when Mr Irrelevant falls off in SF and loses the job to underwhelming prospect Trey Lance

Trey Lance? His career is toast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Trey Lance? His career is toast.

He hasn't had a chance to have a career yet is what he's got going for him.

Well and a rocket for an arm and if his knee didn't kill his speed, he's got that too. He's supposedly a good student of the game too from what people say. It's just like, he's barely every played.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Best ability is availability

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

per multiple raiders fans on here he was actually screwed out of the MVP one year so

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I hate one year college starters when drafting QBs. Didn't like Lance, Wentz or Tribs.

It's like wide receivers who body catch the ball. They are almost never successful in the NFL.

kiimo posted:

Jalen Hurts is so much better than Kyler Murray ever was at any point in his life. They are absolutely nothing alike

Concur.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah Carr's never put together solid seasons with bad rosters before.

This Saints team will have the best defense Carr has ever had.

Saints getting the #1 seed in the NFC this year is my bold (probably wrong) prediction.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m not sure it’s that bold.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Kyler Murray has always had a better arm than Hurts. Murray’s biggest issues have been mental, and he’s short.

Hurts is stronger runner, but I don’t know that I could say he’s a better QB. Maybe he’ll learn to throw worth a drat some day, but I think that ship has sailed.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m not sure it’s that bold.

Seems pretty bold to me, the only two teams that are likely to be clearly worse than NO are TB and ARI, then they just end up in a big blob of teams in the middle of the pack, but still trailing SF, PHI, and DAL quite a bit. Not saying they cannot be the top of that blob, just that there are so many QB changes and other roster moves that it is kind of hard for me to predict which teams will actually be terrible and which will end up being good.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 23, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

tarbrush posted:

Why SF decided to draft Lance, who is the opposite QB to Purdy, is beyond me.

It's so weird to think about how if they drafted Mac Jones it probably would've worked out better for literally everyone, despite that being the thing people were making fun of.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

He hasn't had a chance to have a career yet is what he's got going for him.

Well and a rocket for an arm and if his knee didn't kill his speed, he's got that too. He's supposedly a good student of the game too from what people say. It's just like, he's barely every played.

On that note, he passed open a wide open play in preseason game 1, then executed it perfectly on game 2. That kind of thing makes me think he still has a chance to be good. Just won't be with the Niners unless Purdy dies.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
If this season Hurts makes the same leap with regard to passing ability that he made last season, he's elite. That's an enormous if, though, especially since the leap from where he started to where he was last season was probably the easiest to make. Like losing the first five pounds. He's got the tools around him to have a great year without actually having a great year, so there's probably no better place he could be. I honestly have very little idea what to expect from him.

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694000201978216939

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I appreciate him rolling with the punches on this but this is an absolutely disgusting association to reinforce. Levis is less attractive—physically and emotionally—after signing this deal.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes has ketchup cornered, Levis is dominating the mayo market, Bijan has mustard.

It's only a matter of time before Kirk Cousins signs with Big Ranch

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Drinking a cup of coffee Levis-style is some prime last place in a fantasy league or related competition punishment.

Nov 6, 2002

kiimo posted:

Mahomes has ketchup cornered, Levis is dominating the mayo market, Bijan has mustard.

Woah now, I think ranch is a little too strong for Cousins, he seems more of a margarine guy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems optimistic.

https://twitter.com/bynatetaylor/status/1694366648893849785?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Russell Wilson on his commercial for run of the mill pico de gallo: Whoa. That's spicy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I still think they are gonna pay him.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

kiimo posted:

Already happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b67s4IekTJ4

unl33t fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 23, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

wtf is wrong with cousins' face

it's like he doesn't know how to smile

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I still think they are gonna pay him.

I hope he sits out until W5.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I hope he sits out until W5.

He said week 8:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694078763342975436?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's the preseason, the regular season is right around the corner--YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!

incoming Cowboys suspension!!!

Edit: should be a short one, if any, but the point stands that this is about the time this poo poo happens in Dallas

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Why would you say when you're coming back?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I'd never seen this Hard Knocks Shannon Sharpe clip before - very funny (timestamped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrX5g5vvU-A&t=74s

Nov 6, 2002

Patrick Spens posted:

Why would you say when you're coming back?

It's self-evident cause I think that's when he'd need to report to get credit for the season.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Ah ok.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Week 8 is also two days prior to the trade deadline on 10/31.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shinjobi posted:

It's the preseason, the regular season is right around the corner--YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!!!!

incoming Cowboys suspension!!!

Edit: should be a short one, if any, but the point stands that this is about the time this poo poo happens in Dallas

Didn't he have a DV arrest in college to?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
all qbs are dogshit garbage except the ones that arent

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the only good quarterback is kyle orton

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

not all quarterbacks are equally spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mac Jones is as spicy as tapioca pudding.

Tapioca pudding that will cheap shot you in the dick