Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

X/Y really has got to be the weakest all round characters wise.

its story really is terrible

himbo professor is its only saving grace and he becomes less funny when you think about how he couldn't spot how his best friend is a beauty fascist or whatever the gently caress lysandre's deal was, I forgot what he wanted a long time ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I loved pokemon legends Arceus because more of the games should recognize that pokemon are terrifyingly powerful wild animals that could kill you instantly

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

something pokemon something from within the thread something

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mushika posted:

something pokemon something from within the thread something
I'll post more pokemon content if that's what the thread really wants!

E: Posted the wrong image at first, but kept it in, since it's just generic dumbness about concerts cost so much now because of greedy bands and people listening to music in other ways, not as funny as the dude being mad about pokemon creatures though

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Aug 23, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Ticket Master fees are god damned insane, to the point they will sometimes be more than the price the band or singer sets. If Biden really wants to win in 2024 he should get the FBI looking into them like Teddy Roosevelt and the railroads.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Didn't some band or performer very publicly call out ticketmaster and livenation because even if they charged the bare minimum for tickets, fees stop shot them up to like quadruple the price?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SpacePig posted:

Didn't some band or performer very publicly call out ticketmaster and livenation because even if they charged the bare minimum for tickets, fees stop shot them up to like quadruple the price?

Taylor loving Swift, yeah.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dabir posted:

himbo professor is its only saving grace and he becomes less funny when you think about how he couldn't spot how his best friend is a beauty fascist or whatever the gently caress lysandre's deal was, I forgot what he wanted a long time ago
well you see, he invented a device called the Holo Caster and he thinks activating a magical weapon of mass destruction to kill everyone who isn't beautiful enough (or rich enough to be a mook) to be in Team Flare is a good idea

no, I am not exaggerating any of this

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Air Skwirl posted:

Also Pearl Jam back in the day, before Ticketmaster and Livenation merged lost a very public fight to get tickets affordable for their fans.

This was also before venue consolidation, to the point that a touring band often can't perform enough stops during tours to make thing work or have to do ridiculous stuff like 'can't perform at a competing venue within 50 to 200 miles for x number of weeks before and after booking'
But the loophole is a venue owned by or in a friendly cartel they can perform there. So it bumps indie venues out of the market.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Air Skwirl posted:

Yes she condemned them quite swiftly

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
hey are millennials still talking about pokemon?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Scratch Monkey posted:

millennials killed the pokemon industry because of avocado toast

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
people who go to concerts deserve to be fleeced for not being sensible

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

tokin opposition posted:

I’m sure you are a very fun person to be around

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Air Skwirl posted:

Ticket Master fees are god damned insane, to the point they will sometimes be more than the price the band or singer sets. If Biden really wants to win in 2024 he should get the FBI looking into them like Teddy Roosevelt and the railroads.

They also got another cut from scalpers because they ran a ticket reseller service, too.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ticketmaster-resellers-las-vegas-1.4828535

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah but they're pushing 40 so it's starting to give off some real disney adults vibes.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

its story really is terrible

I give that game a pass because of the one version where after Lysandre is defeated, he tries to go "well, I still have enough juice in the immortality machine so I'm going to make you two fuckers immortal so you can suffer forever in the post inevitable biosphere collapse future. Enjoy eternal torment!" (though naturally he fails) because that is literally my worst nightmare.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

AceOfFlames posted:

I give that game a pass because of the one version where after Lysandre is defeated, he tries to go "well, I still have enough juice in the immortality machine so I'm going to make you two fuckers immortal so you can suffer forever in the post inevitable biosphere collapse future. Enjoy eternal torment!" (though naturally he fails) because that is literally my worst nightmare.

I Have No Mouth, And I Gotta Catch 'Em All.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Disney World is fun as an adult. My favourite rides were Soaring and Rod Serling’s Tower of Terror

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

tokin opposition posted:

i was still a child up to iirc gen 6, and it's rather reductive of you to decide what other adults can or cannot enjoy imo

tokin opposition posted:

Quite the turnaround there.

edit: ticketmaster always sucked (see Pearl Jam taking them to task in the 90s) but the new dynamic pricing (which I guess to be fair artists have to opt in for) is just a whole new lever of gently caress youness. The idea of no set bottom price so tickets can fluctuate by hundreds of dollars within minutes just means a whole segment of fans get locked out. Also ticketmaster allows for reselling for overinflanted ticket prices so the whole "we are screwing you over now to screw over scalpers" is such BS. I love that it took Swifties to make such a noise that the US government is looking into this.

Madkal has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Aug 23, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
From a few pages back but I meant to post this earlier:

tokin opposition posted:

Pokemon got bad after gen 4 or so

Gen 3, specifically. That was when they dropped the "gotta catch 'em all" tagline because it became near impossible to catch them all, and began to cost like hundreds of dollars to catch them all. Which is also, arguably, the big problem that leads to the "Genning" discourse: while breeding pokemon isn't particularly hard, some of the best pokemon are gated by specific spinoffs or DLC for specific games which is basically just demanding additional $50 price tags for you to finish your team, and that's without factoring in that a ton of pokemon are unobtainable without trading or transferring one way or another. So unless you've been playing since gen one, and haven't sold or lost any of your games: it's likely going to cost you more money to get a competitive team which is just straight up absurd.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

X/Y really has got to be the weakest all round characters wise.

X and Y was the one where the game hard stops you in the middle of your badge journey for no real reason to force you to do the villain team stuff, too. Like, it's not even like giovanni where he's the gym leader you need to beat. The game just refuses to let you progress until crimes stop happening. And then you're sitting there for like twenty minutes while this large man talks about how we wants to turn ghosts into nukes to blow everything up or something. IMO pokemon was better when it had no real story, because the story they keep giving it sucks.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt the first two games of gen 4 also have the weird super long checksum for saving a game that resulted in mins long save times (if you interacted with the pokemon computer boxes at all)?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

PhazonLink posted:

didnt the first two games of gen 4 also have the weird super long checksum for saving a game that resulted in mins long save times (if you interacted with the pokemon computer boxes at all)?

I forget what exactly the trigger for that was, but that was definitely a thing that I blocked out until just now lmao

Most of the issues with pokemon these days have to do with the fast-paced release cycle imposed because the money machine has to keep on cranking, and the crunch and cut corners resulting from that exacerbated by the move to full 3d. It sucks, but there's a very loud subset of people online who get way too worked up about it (speaking as someone who's put easily over 10k hours into pokemon over the various generations, I'm the idiot on social media who really loves pokemon :shobon:)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

tokin opposition posted:

I’ve seen Gogol Bordello live on NYE twice and they were both two of the best concerts I’ve ever seen and perhaps best experiences I’ve ever had. Totally worth the $20-30

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My senior year we captured 3 Pokemon and named them Mew Mewtwo and Mewfour and released them in hallways at school

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I like Crabrawler

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Help, ditto keeps turning into my ex wife

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/LadyJayPersists/status/1693584188853588333

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I don't know if I've seen anything more wrong about childbirth, that includes twins take 18 months dude.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
« Childbirth doesn’t even hurt » has me almost convinced that’s gotta be a troll

Almost

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Childbirth didn't hurt at all. I was down in the bar having a great time, totally painless

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Women are like whales. They just squirt their baby out without missing a beat

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
dammit everytime I forget how to spell Homunculus, some dumbfucker from the internet reinvents/rediscovers Homunculus theory

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:hmmyes:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I expect better from a daily kitty cat

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is why I prefer dogs. They don't write this sort of poo poo.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I never don't laugh at this dog. It's straight-up pavlovian at this point.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
This implies that masturbation is billions of abortions and that only trans women are really mothers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
asking mum and dad when they had sex for the one time to figure out my conception day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

tokin opposition posted:

This implies that masturbation is billions of abortions

That's pretty close to what a lot of right wing denominations believe