Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/1694400439649792310?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

If that’s meth then he was cooking enough for all Tennessee.

I mean, he could be going for the Sam Hurd Award for Excellence trophy!

100% gas leak

Man if only there was a way he could've gained trust with his rooky WRs last year before the season started!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

It's so weird to think about how if they drafted Mac Jones it probably would've worked out better for literally everyone, despite that being the thing people were making fun of.

They could’ve gotten Fields, a Qb that looked better than either of them at the time and shockingly, has looked better than them since.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love Justin Fields and if any goon has not watched him much (understandably because his team is poop) then I highly recommend looking at some game clips.

A fun and inconsistency rookie with historic rushing power!!!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Amy Pole Her posted:

They could’ve gotten Fields, a Qb that looked better than either of them at the time and shockingly, has looked better than them since.

I think Shanahan has shown he just wants a QB to execute the exact read he tells him to. I feel like he would've torn his hair out over Fields' early (and current) passing limitations. His literal ideal QB is Kirk Cousins, as he admits.

Besides, the point was that the rumors were that Shanahan wanted Jones and everyone was making fun of it at the time.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the real moral of the story is that you shouldn’t give up a haul for the right to take the third QB off the board when you allegedly haven’t even internally decided who the third best QB in the draft is

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kidcoelacanth posted:

the only good quarterback is kyle orton
:hmmyes:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kidcoelacanth posted:

the only good quarterback is kyle orton

Eli Manning

Also Jared Lorenzen :rip:

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Someone please post Orton as a Bronco triumphantly holding up the bottle of JD ... simpler times

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1694420004827988058?t=ysyjusDAdez0nHMxclVGcg&s=19

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1694406589417943308?t=bTAwXf0w8ipxD4sdXresAw&s=19

"For the most part"

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Trey Lance sucks but will still get on the field for 5 minutes before getting injured himself

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Meanwhile Sam Darnold is going to play in the NFL for like another 12 years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They are going to have to cut Lance. No one is trading for him at that price.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Good for Sammy. “Exploring options” really gives the impression they have no intention of carrying him on the roster. Trade or cut.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fun part of cutting Trey:

'23 Base salary $1m Prorated SB: $5.5m Roster bonus $2.8m
'24 Base salary $1m Prorated SB: $5.5m Roster bonus $5.3m

All of it's guaranteed, they take a $20m cap hit if they cut him. If they trade him they save a couple of million. They basically need to find someone to do a 7th round pick swap if nothing else .

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i saw a breakdown where trey lance's gametime passing attempts over his entire high school, college and professional career don't even add up to geno smith's 2022 attempts.

like dude just elevated too early and there's no opportunity for him to get the reps that he needs to improve. he's just stuck in a spiral.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It'll cost the 49ers ~$11m to cut him ($20m in dead money) which would eat up all the cap space they have. Even if they cut him after the season it'll cost them $11m.

No one is paying him $11m each of the next two years, the 49ers are stuck with him unless they eat the dead money.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sando did a schedule ranking based on his QB tiers from scouts and execs.

Dolphins, Patriots, Chiefs, Bills, Chargers have the hardest schedules.

The entire NFC South plus the Rams have the easiest.

https://twitter.com/theathletic/status/1694363951310700962?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

All of it's guaranteed, they take a $20m cap hit if they cut him. If they trade him they save a couple of million. They basically need to find someone to do a 7th round pick swap if nothing else .

They might as well keep him with those options.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
After all the QB injury issues they had last year, I'd honestly be shocked if they let him go. His deal is still pretty cheap and as far as I know they're not under too big of a cap crunch right now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I know we're all old but maybe someone could benefit from this here:

https://twitter.com/CordCuttersNews/status/1694424479407997223?s=20

quote:

Eligibility for the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan
To sign up for an NFL Sunday Ticket student membership, you must:

Be 18 years of age or older.
Be enrolled as a student at an accredited college or university.
Be verified as a student by SheerID. For help with the verification process, contact SheerID or review their FAQs.
While you do not need to be enrolled at a U.S. institution to be eligible, you must be located in the U.S. to watch and purchase NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube.

You will be required to verify your eligibility before purchasing the NFL Sunday Ticket Student Plan for future seasons.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Do we know if there any way to password share sunday ticket?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Most of the streaming services have gotten pretty vicious about geotagging and locking you out, so at best it'd probably be annoying.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1694426314852209126?t=6OSbq_d82BqseY_fhbQ_iQ&s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kalli posted:

If you consider how few reps he's actually gotten...

I dunno, it sucks to have your career go nowhere due to things not entirely in your control, but to get paid a few mil to play very little doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The QB2 designation is a thing required by the NFL for the new "Dress 3 QBs" rule. Darnold being the number 2 at this point is logical, since he has more game experience and Lance is still developing.

They're almost certainly keeping Lance this year; as soon as they passed the 3rd QB rule it became the most likely outcome.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

If you consider how few reps he's actually gotten...

I dunno, it sucks to have your career go nowhere due to things not entirely in your control, but to get paid a few mil to play very little doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Yeah, players get dumped all the time, and heck even a week ago I was like, oh I could see someone trading a 3rd to see what Lance has.

But that's usually because the coaching staff changed, the player is a man without a nation type situations... This is the GM and the coach who drafted a guy going, nah, Sam Darnold is more what we're looking for.

It's so damning, I have no idea if anyone will offer anything in a trade for that.

Makes the most sense to just keep him and hope he's got... anything

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wilson and Lance going 2/3 and both busting hard is pretty wild in retrospect.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

NFL should go to NHL style rules and have a neutral emergency QB in every stadium if the first two go down. Brandon Weeden, you are the next 49ers QB.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Harlock posted:

NFL should go to NHL style rules and have a neutral emergency QB in every stadium if the first two go down. Brandon Weeden, you are the next 49ers QB.

gently caress that bring out Fitzpatrick

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Jets get some unexpected cap space with Davis retiring:

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1694431745934864626?s=20

Just enough to bring in Trey Lance.....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fuse Fitz and Weeden together

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Harlock posted:

Today's LUCKY FAN is in Section 17, Row J, Seat 37!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Coldforge posted:

The QB2 designation is a thing required by the NFL for the new "Dress 3 QBs" rule. Darnold being the number 2 at this point is logical, since he has more game experience and Lance is still developing.

They're almost certainly keeping Lance this year; as soon as they passed the 3rd QB rule it became the most likely outcome.

idk the fact that he's not at practice today is weird

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
rip Corey Davis, he was way overdrafted but at least he had one good season and then got paid.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1694442778602652106?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ahi Tua was right there

edit: one more has anyone called Trey Sir Lancealittle

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 23, 2023

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Also it's the 49ers, Trey Lance will definitely have to play at some point after Purdy and Darnold get injured, and he will probably get injured in that same game.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Surprised the Dolphins don’t try to get Trey with Tuas issues. Why not take a shot at an unknown as a backup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lombardi wins again