Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The RPM mecha still looks like it's a giant robot, even if it is a bit overencumbered

The Samurai one, however

That's nothing
That doesn't look like anything
That isn't anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's an absolute mess of a design that isn't even capable of moving by itself and I love it so much.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I just wish it wasn't so lazy about how Pink and Yellow's Zords are integrated into it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like the ninja steel megazord where all the components pop out and eventually the red ranger himself pops out to slice the giant enemy like Gurren Lagan

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Or that one Digimon protag who'd punch the giant mofos

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like the final lupat because it's poo poo and has a pink police baton sticking out of the ankle

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The best full combo IMO is probably Hurricainger/Ninja Storm but KingOhger's latest big boy is pretty charming too

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
The Ninja Storm main Megazord is a good one even if it does do one of those things I tend to not like in Megazord designs(or at least for the main one, it's more forgivable if it's one of the secondary ones that many seasons have) where one Zord forms the majority of the Megazord, which always makes me think in the back of my head why bother having it be made of multiple components if one component forms 90% of it

Over the years I tend to find the best configurations for how the main Megazord should be laid out to either be "1 Zord for the legs, 1 for each arm, and the remaining 2 form the head and torso in some manner" or "1 Zord for each limb, and the remaining 1 forms the entirety of the head and body", the latter is surprisingly uncommon even though it arguably is the configuration that offers the most potential for toyetic expandability

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Which is a shame because OO has some of the best Zord designs in the franchise, including probably the cleanest combination of more than 6 to 7 Zords in a Megazord formation that has ever been done

Boukenger is also a really enjoyable show with charming characters and an ambitious structure.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

The Ninja Storm main Megazord is a good one even if it does do one of those things I tend to not like in Megazord designs(or at least for the main one, it's more forgivable if it's one of the secondary ones that many seasons have) where one Zord forms the majority of the Megazord, which always makes me think in the back of my head why bother having it be made of multiple components if one component forms 90% of it

Over the years I tend to find the best configurations for how the main Megazord should be laid out to either be "1 Zord for the legs, 1 for each arm, and the remaining 2 form the head and torso in some manner" or "1 Zord for each limb, and the remaining 1 forms the entirety of the head and body", the latter is surprisingly uncommon even though it arguably is the configuration that offers the most potential for toyetic expandability

Sentai has been scaling back from the toyetic expandability designs as of late. The pile of mecha has likely turned out to be not profitable enough to keep pushing alongside the main mecha and other stuff.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm usually a pretty big fan of the two and three-zord megazords

But not the Gekiranger ones. I think those kinda suck. Red forms the megazord and everyone else gets to be shoes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sockser posted:

But not the Gekiranger ones. I think those kinda suck. Red forms the megazord and everyone else gets to be shoes

I mean, the Thunder Megazord from Dairanger/MMPR S2 was basically the Red Dragon wearing the other Zords as armor

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Larryb posted:

I mean, the Thunder Megazord from Dairanger/MMPR S2 was basically the Red Dragon wearing the other Zords as armor

Which is the best way to do a toku mecha. :colbert:

(See Gridman/Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad)

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Sockser posted:

I was just watching a compilation of Megazord transformations and thinking this same thing. Dino Thunder? Cool. Ninja Storm? Awesome. loving Jungle Fury? Hell no.

It's especially bad when the purple ranger screams out "WOLF PRIDE MEGAZORD" like it's supposed to be cool and badass and it's literally just the base Megazord but with the cheetah swapped out for the wolf.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Sockser posted:

The RPM mecha still looks like it's a giant robot, even if it is a bit overencumbered

The Samurai one, however

That's nothing
That doesn't look like anything
That isn't anything

This reminds me of Love After World Domination when one of the Zords blows up and the Zordon character says eh that one was just the calf of the left leg we didn't need it anyway

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
One more thing to love about Magiranger. The body, boots, wings, GIANT M FOR MAGIC BREASTPLATE, and helmet just come together so well.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

cirus posted:

This reminds me of Love After World Domination when one of the Zords blows up and the Zordon character says eh that one was just the calf of the left leg we didn't need it anyway

You say that but Kingohger has just done a whole thing highlighting the random ant that sticks to the sword that goes on the back (because there are shinier zords occupying the hands now) and does absolutely nothing structural actually having a critical role in focusing the Magic of Teamwork for the big laser finish.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

serefin99 posted:

I was just watching a compilation of Megazord transformations and thinking this same thing. Dino Thunder? Cool. Ninja Storm? Awesome. loving Jungle Fury? Hell no.

It's especially bad when the purple ranger screams out "WOLF PRIDE MEGAZORD" like it's supposed to be cool and badass and it's literally just the base Megazord but with the cheetah swapped out for the wolf.

I actually have the Gekiranger version somewhere, but i never got the wolf, just the base three, and the lion and chameleon. I wish the combination of all 5 was better.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Xelkelvos posted:

The pile of mecha has likely turned out to be not profitable enough to keep pushing alongside the main mecha and other stuff.
They either look like poo poo, are built like rear end, or the component add-on zords are laughably terrible so you're not in a rush to complete a set.

"Oh yeah I've got the 5 core Zords! And, uh, some Zebra that turns into shinguards? A Lion that is shoes, for some reason? A hammerhead shark... hat? Giraffe... finger-armor? Squid and Octopus arm tentacle thingies. What the poo poo"

Vs.

HOLY loving gently caress I CAN TAKE THE DRAGONZORD AND MIX IT WITH 3 OTHER ZORDS AND MAKE THE MEGADRAGONZORRRRRDDDDDDD HOLLLLLLLLYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

They either look like poo poo, are built like rear end, or the component add-on zords are laughably terrible so you're not in a rush to complete a set.

"Oh yeah I've got the 5 core Zords! And, uh, some Zebra that turns into shinguards? A Lion that is shoes, for some reason? A hammerhead shark... hat? Giraffe... finger-armor? Squid and Octopus arm tentacle thingies. What the poo poo"

Vs.

HOLY loving gently caress I CAN TAKE THE DRAGONZORD AND MIX IT WITH 3 OTHER ZORDS AND MAKE THE MEGADRAGONZORRRRRDDDDDDD HOLLLLLLLLYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT

Do keep in mind that this is in the context of it being in a continuously slow decline in terms of merch sales while Kamen Rider is continuing to climb and as such has piles of power ups and upgrades to boost sales.

Collect-a-thons in Sentai are mostly gone while they are in full force in KR

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cosmic Fury clip featuring Zedd’s new voice and a few other generals:

https://twitter.com/DrZeoPhD/status/1694398509355573476

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

that two word Zedd voice sounds pretty bad!

Hopefully that's not what he sounds like all the time

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sockser posted:

that two word Zedd voice sounds pretty bad!

Hopefully that's not what he sounds like all the time

He has a bit more gravel to him but yeah, so far I liked Andrew’s portrayal a lot better and it sucks that he was reportedly bullied off the show by fan backlash

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

loving where though. I never really see anyone talking about the show or the voice actors. Even on Twitter when I used to be on there it was mostly people bitching about toy defects.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

loving where though. I never really see anyone talking about the show or the voice actors. Even on Twitter when I used to be on there it was mostly people bitching about toy defects.

Hell if I know, I’m just repeating what I heard elsewhere so if anybody has something to back it up feel free to post it here. All I know for sure is that he quit and somebody else is taking over for Cosmic Fury

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
In MMPRTM Zedd sounded nothing like he did on TV but he still sounded great.

Basically Zedd could sound like many of the rotating carousel of growly deep-voice villains in Destiny (Oryx, Gaul, Nokris, etc) and it would be just fine. It just has to sound a little bit scary compared to the mustache twirling theater evil most PR villains go for.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Basically Zedd could sound like many of the rotating carousel of growly deep-voice villains in Destiny (Oryx, Gaul, Nokris, etc) and it would be just fine. It just has to sound a little bit scary compared to the mustache twirling theater evil most PR villains go for.

Which is odd because Axelrod voiced him in the movie as well

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also some new pictures from Cosmic Fury:

https://netflixlife.com/2023/08/23/power-rangers-cosmic-fury-release-updates-and-everything-we-know-so-far/

I like that they’re not even hiding the fact that Fern’s going to be a ranger (and the first official orange one in PR no less)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 23, 2023

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Javi's got a robot arm

No Zayto in any of them photos

New suits look good

Don't super care for the skirt on red, maybe better in action

Larryb posted:

I like that they’re not even hiding the fact that Fern’s going to be a ranger (and the first official orange one in PR no less)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looking forward to seeing Fern’s ranger suit as well (though I assume it’ll be a modified Ryusoulger suit since I believe they said the Kyurangers themselves weren’t going to appear in this)

Sockser posted:

Javi's got a robot arm

No Zayto in any of them photos

New suits look good

Don't super care for the skirt on red, maybe better in action

She only appeared once though (and there was also SPD Orange from that one dream sequence)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Oh drat what if Fern isn't orange,

but rather

Brown

e:
oh the article specifically says orange, nvm

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sockser posted:

but rather

Brown

The article says orange but if they actually bust out RysoulBrown for someone that’d be awesome (there are mumblings of them finally using the Deathryuger suit for this as well)

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Craptacular! posted:

I feel like I'm losing my mind, because the performance sounded identical to the TV show, maybe with some post-processing/EQ to give him a deeper, thicker sound.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

roffels posted:

I feel like I'm losing my mind, because the performance sounded identical to the TV show, maybe with some post-processing/EQ to give him a deeper, thicker sound.

It was the same guy but the ADR was turned way the hell up. On TV it was 90% Axelrod, he voiced a Lost Galaxy monster of the day with the Zedd voice that had the processing turned off,

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/nocontextranger/status/1694459431541518420?s=20

And Izzy has kind of a Grumm look going on

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Fury from Dino Charge is back for some reason (or was he just included as a comparison picture?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 23, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Be hilarious if somebody just googled Dino fury and he came up cause he is a dino named Fury

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Sockser posted:

but rather

Brown

e:
oh the article specifically says orange, nvm

They may still be using their old suits but they do seem to be matching them up to the Kyuranger zords. Conveniently, Kyuranger starts out with red, blue, green, black, and yellow, before rapidly adding orange, purple, pink, gold, silver, and sky blue (I don't remember the exact order), so it sure looks like they're angling to get -----Fern----- into the Scorpio zord. This would suggest that they'll get someone to sit in each Voyager, even if it's unclear whether they're all a full official set of 12(!) Cosmic Fury Rangers in the end.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caphi posted:

They may still be using their old suits but they do seem to be matching them up to the Kyuranger zords. Conveniently, Kyuranger starts out with red, blue, green, black, and yellow, before rapidly adding orange, purple, pink, gold, silver, and sky blue (I don't remember the exact order), so it sure looks like they're angling to get -----Fern----- into the Scorpio zord. This would suggest that they'll get someone to sit in each Voyager, even if it's unclear whether they're all a full official set of 12(!) Cosmic Fury Rangers in the end.

The opening also confirms that Billy will both be joining the team and getting to pilot a zord (the wolf appropriately enough)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Figure we've got the core 6 Dino Fury Rangers, plus Billy, plus Fern
Plus, why not, throw Tarrick in there somehow

That gives you 9 out of Kyuranger's 12
I could see them sneaking in 3 more cameo rangers in 8 episodes, maybe