Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Oldstench posted:

Urfaust just released what is unfortunately their final album, Untergang. As expected, it's loving killer.

Wow RIP. Great band, always hoped they’d make it back to the States someday. Metal world needs more bands with such demented vocals.

https://youtu.be/fvyn37HMyf4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Oh my lord this Horrendous album just launched up to my #1 AOTY spot wtf

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I was kinda iffy on the new Dethklok at first but gently caress the back half goessssss

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

New Metalocalypse too. I'm probably not going to get to watch it until tomorrow but I'm super psyched.

Deathlove posted:

I was kinda iffy on the new Dethklok at first but gently caress the back half goessssss

Yeah, you hit "I Am the Beast" and all of a sudden it's a different album.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ultrafilter posted:

New Metalocalypse too. I'm probably not going to get to watch it until tomorrow but I'm super psyched.

I finished it a bit ago because I am a consumer whore, first third is kind of a yawner but then it’s nonstop epic metal scenery and every minute of it owns.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
how did gwar not spawn a small army of imitators?

even icp had twizted

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Voice of Labor posted:

even icp had twizted

Have you somehow been blessed to miss Lordi?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gwar's stageshow is not easily imitated and without their eye for the exact amount of goofiness and the exact type of content it is just stupid and boring

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
without a frontman like dave brockie at the helm you ain't gonna make it with the costume gig

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Deathlove posted:

I don't like these croaky vocals that have been there for the last few albums. The really low rumble/whisper of the first two had a great sound. So far, the album is kinda boring (for me) sadly. I don't know, the songs just blend together and meander. Going to give it a chance for sure and let it sink in before listening again.

henpod fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 24, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

henpod posted:

I don't like these croaky vocals that have been there for the last few albums. The really low rumble/whisper of the first two had a great sound. So far, the album is kinda boring (for me) sadly. I don't know, the songs just blend together and meander. Going to give it a chance for sure and let it sink in before listening again.

I had the same reaction. Listened to it once through and nothing about it grabbed me. I'll give it a few more listens because Dethalbum III took a while to grow on me too.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

even icp had twizted

They were all just art students at the same university if I remember correctly.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I was under the impression they were crack smoking aliens

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Anyone doing 70,000 tons of metal this year?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Less Claypool posted:

They were all just art students at the same university if I remember correctly.

I was under the impression they were crack smoking aliens
Tomayto, Tomahto.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I got to interview Blothar and Balsac, The Jaws of Death once and it was the strangest experience of my life.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm seeing a couple of geriatric metal acts next month. Not too sure how excited to be.

First is Danzig. I loving love Danzig. Not sure Glenn can sing like he used to. Behemoth is one of the openers (could probably be considered a co-headliner), and Danzig is apparently doing their entire first album, so I think it's gonna be a good time regardless. Anybody seen Danzig in the past few years?

Then, six days later, Megadeth. I've seen Megadeth three times, but not since Gigantour in 2005. In every video I've seen, Dave sounds like poo poo. This concert is almost in my backyard though, and tickets were cheap. I'm assuming he can still shred.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So envious you get to see that first album in entirety - at least it's a bit slower paced so he won't run out of breath like he does with the Misfits tour. :3:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I saw bits of both Danzig and Misfits at Riot Fests a while back and he weirdly sounded much worse talking than singing.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Vintersorg posted:

So envious you get to see that first album in entirety - at least it's a bit slower paced so he won't run out of breath like he does with the Misfits tour. :3:

Honestly, and this might be an unpopular opinion, but out of Danzig's first four albums I think it's my least favorite. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's awesome, but especially III and IV are loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca9OX9tFeEs
(video may be NSFW towards the end)

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 25, 2023

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

I really enjoyed Danzig's last cover album and liked his Elvis album a lot. I have horrible taste.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It is Friday which means multiple bands released new music this day of the week arbitrarily

Blut aus Nord, avant-garde bm
Incantation, dm
Asphodelus, death doom
Full of Hell / Gasp split on non-BC, sludge and noise
U.D.O. on non-BC, trad
Exmortus on non-BC, techy thrashy melodeath
Endstille, bm
Grand Cadaver, dm
The Unity on non-BC, power trad
Bottomless, trad doom
Nordicwinter, atmoblack
Monasteries, progressive dxc
Hypomanic Daydream, avant-garde blackened death
Till the Dirt on non-BC, dm
Celestial Sanctuary, dm
Meurtrieres, trad
Heimdall, pm
Noveria, progressive power
DragonHeart on non-BC, pm
Knife, speed
GraveRipper, black thrash
MDMA, slam
Orphalis, brutal tech death
Atoll, slam
Rotten Casket, dm

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I think we all missed the new Thy Catafalque back in June. It's definitely Thy Catafalque but this album has more new tricks than you'd expect from a guy writing and releasing a full-length every 12 to 18 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUPqEQP0SSA

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vulture Culture posted:

I think we all missed the new Thy Catafalque back in June. It's definitely Thy Catafalque but this album has more new tricks than you'd expect from a guy writing and releasing a full-length every 12 to 18 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUPqEQP0SSA

I listened to it! His heaviest album I think.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CornHolio posted:

I'm seeing a couple of geriatric metal acts next month. Not too sure how excited to be.

First is Danzig. I loving love Danzig. Not sure Glenn can sing like he used to. Behemoth is one of the openers (could probably be considered a co-headliner), and Danzig is apparently doing their entire first album, so I think it's gonna be a good time regardless. Anybody seen Danzig in the past few years?

Then, six days later, Megadeth. I've seen Megadeth three times, but not since Gigantour in 2005. In every video I've seen, Dave sounds like poo poo. This concert is almost in my backyard though, and tickets were cheap. I'm assuming he can still shred.

Dave could never sing live you go see Megadeth for face shredding solos and kickass musicmanship imo

Source: me, somebody who has seen Megadeth live 12 times

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

New blut aus nord is again exactly what I want from the band. Dark twisty and unsettling.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Some recent finds:
Immortal Disfigurement - King (extreme)
Crowgod - Birdcage / Shepherd (doom)
Serenity - The Fall of Man (power/Kamelot-like)
Vaudavillain - Moonlight (retro/Ghost-like)
Death Dealer Union - The Vow Of Silence (melodic thrash?)
Morphide - The Purge (In This Moment cover)

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

ultrafilter posted:

Some recent finds:

Serenity - The Fall of Man (power/Kamelot-like)

Bro you gotta mention Roy Khan is in the song!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i'm selling my general admission ticket for the babymetal/dethklok show in seattle. can't make the show, sadly.

dm me if you're interested.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm late to the party (been out of the tech death loop for a few years) but just heard Archspire for the first time. Holy poo poo.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

neato burrito posted:

I'm late to the party (been out of the tech death loop for a few years) but just heard Archspire for the first time. Holy poo poo.

Those boys go pretty fast.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

I saw bits of both Danzig and Misfits at Riot Fests a while back and he weirdly sounded much worse talking than singing.

The same thing happened to Ozzy

HellaSecure
Aug 12, 2023
Seeing Lamb of God tonight with Suicide Silence and The Acacia Strain. Not a big metalcore/deathcore fan, but I like me some LoG. Unfortunately Danzig’s show with Behemoth is also tonight, but I got these tickets first. Oh well.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Cobra Commander posted:

New blut aus nord is again exactly what I want from the band. Dark twisty and unsettling.
Yeah, it's fantastic. Sounds like a continuation of The Work Which Transforms God.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Nazzadan posted:

Full of Hell / Gasp split on non-BC, sludge and noise

It's on Full of Hell's BC, for those that want to listen there.
https://fullofhell.bandcamp.com/album/full-of-hell-gasp

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Mmm I didn’t know I had a Skeletonwitch sized hole in my soul until I heard Graveripper’s new album. Great stuff

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Omnikin posted:

Mmm I didn’t know I had a Skeletonwitch sized hole in my soul until I heard Graveripper’s new album. Great stuff

this is loving sick

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

This still fucks. Never gets old to me. I think it’s the drumming. Dude is obviously having a blast. Nasty production helps too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_w7zd42pMFo&si=A-HZLXIsnmMmR4I_

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ThePopeOfFun posted:

This still fucks. Never gets old to me. I think it’s the drumming. Dude is obviously having a blast. Nasty production helps too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_w7zd42pMFo&si=A-HZLXIsnmMmR4I_

gently caress yeah internal rot rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008