Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
God drat that's a lot of patch notes. SO many things addressed in one update:

The first Early Access Wipe will be held next Monday. All character levels, items, gold, and skills will be reset. Bluestone Shards will never be reset. Triumph Levels will not be reset this time and will only be reset at the start of the official seasons. A new Early Access leaderboard will start shortly after the wipe, once things have stabilized.

Patch Notes:
An additional character slot has been added so you can create at least 1 of each class now.
Currency used to unlock classes has been returned.
Game time has been slightly increased for the Normal Inferno map.
Game time has been increased for all High Roller maps.
Added an additional blue portal and the Death Swarm closing times have been modified to close slower for the Goblin Cave maps.
Shrine of Protection's ‘Physical Damage Reduction’ buff has been reduced from 30% to 15%.
Pots and Crates give a little bit of EXP when broken instead of zero EXP.
QoL update - Silver coins now stack to 30 instead of 25 per slot.
The Armor Rating curve has been modified and slightly flattened at the very high range.
Physical Damage Reduction now has a hard cap of 85%.
Rogue’s double jump has been modified to apply a temporarily movement speed reduction upon landing. The maximum height of the double jump has also been slightly reduced.
Rogue’s Weakpoint Attack now reduces the target's Armor Rating by 40% instead of reducing the Physical Damage Reduction.
Rogue can no longer equip the Hand Crossbow.
Fighter’s Taunt ability’s Physical Damage Reduction reduced from 15% to 10%.
Fighter’s Barricade gives +50 armor rating in defensive position instead of +15% Physical Damage Reduction.
Ranger's Penetrating Shot now grants 25% more Armor Penetration and an error in the description text has been fixed.
Bard’s Din of Darkness's ‘Attribute Damage Ratio’ reduced from 10%/30%/50% to 6%/9%/12%.
Explosive Bottle and Oil Lantern now do magical damage instead of physical damage.
Instruments are now bard-only.
Significantly reduced the values for 'Physical Damage Reduction' that appear as random attributes on items.
Falchion damage has been slightly reduced.
Windlass Crossbow has 25% armor penetration.
Crossbow has 20% armor penetration.
The Hand Crossbow has 5% armor penetration.
Flanged Mace and Morning Star have 15% armor penetration.
War Maul has 30% armor penetration.
Magic Staff now have Magical Damage by default.
Reduced the base projectile damage reduction values for Plate Armors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
great changes, holy poo poo. not 1 bad change imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

great changes, holy poo poo. not 1 bad change imo

Having to relevel is lame but besides that good and great changes. Didn't expect a blunt weapon buff.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

sushibandit posted:

If implemented, that sort of additional storage container should be very heavily restricted in what it can carry. Either go the "equipment only" route, specifically to enable collection of dead friends' gear, or the "treasure only" route (something like 1x1 or 1x2 / 2x1 "treasure" tagged items only? and you would have to "use" it by dropping it on the floor and openining it like a chest to view what's inside of it while still in the dungeon).

Could be interesting. Could also double-down the ability of teleporting hackers to vacuum loot absolutely everything on the map or instakill/instaloot full sets of gear in highroller.

Yeah, it might be a gnarly can of worms to open. Imagine an absolutely disgusting geared rogue bringing two empty bags with them. Murder an unsuspecting team, bag up all of their best gear and put your own weapons in your inventory. Carry one bag and sling the other, and just run for it. Either avoid PvE, or drop a bag and equip a weapon from your inventory to deal with it, then pick up the bag and continue running.

One idea for a "gear-only" bag could be to apply all of the movement speed penalties of the gear inside the bag if you were carrying it in your hands. None of the bonuses so holding a bag full of boots doesn't give you super speed, lol. Sure, you can wear one bag and carry the other, but you're gonna move hella slow if it's full of gear.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Just reinforces my love of Cleric. Indirect Cleric buffs for sure.

quote:

Added an additional blue portal and the Death Swarm closing times have been modified to close slower for the Goblin Cave maps.

Didn’t feel GC needed more portals but whatever, not complaining.

quote:

The Armor Rating curve has been modified and slightly flattened at the very high range.
Physical Damage Reduction now has a hard cap of 85%.

Lol, awesome. Maybe I can actually hurt decked out people again.

quote:

Rogue’s double jump has been modified to apply a temporarily movement speed reduction upon landing. The maximum height of the double jump has also been slightly reduced.
Rogue can no longer equip the Hand Crossbow.
Fighter’s Taunt ability’s Physical Damage Reduction reduced from 15% to 10%.

Rogues gotta hate it. Double jump was OP though and I appreciate they did something that wasn’t a straight removal. I do appreciate that rogues aren’t gonna snipe me with crossbows any longer though!

quote:

Bard’s Din of Darkness's ‘Attribute Damage Ratio’ reduced from 10%/30%/50% to 6%/9%/12%.

LMAO love this

quote:

Explosive Bottle and Oil Lantern now do magical damage instead of physical damage.

Now worth carrying!

quote:

Instruments are now bard-only.

No more drum headshots :(

quote:

Falchion damage has been slightly reduced.

Does this mean I’m not gonna get one shot by warlocks in grays any more?

quote:

Flanged Mace and Morning Star have 15% armor penetration.
War Maul has 30% armor penetration.

Let’s freakin go!!!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

At this point, I think it’s rangers that terrify me most. As a Cleric, good ones just kite me until I get my poo poo pushed in. Happy to go toe-to-toe with most other classes.

Maybe I need to start running holy strike to have some ranged presence.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I do think it'd be fair to let rogues have a perk that allows them to equip hand crossbows(albeit rupture probably shouldn't work on them), but otherwise good across the board.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
really want a montage of rogue players crowing two hours ago for people to "get gud" when they complained about balance, and then now, lol. lmao

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Thought the PDR nerfs were going to be a killer but that's nothing. Clerics absolutely coming out ahead on this patch.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.
Overall good changes. and I'm excited for a monday wipe, even though I'll be too busy to capitalize probably.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

BHB posted:

Thought the PDR nerfs were going to be a killer but that's nothing. Clerics absolutely coming out ahead on this patch.

Yea. Stronger bonk. Weaker other classes. Relative position definitely improves.

Rangers are gonna be a Cleric hard counter tho. Just kite em. Probably worst in open spaces like Ruins. But whatever.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Demon Of The Fall posted:

really want a montage of rogue players crowing two hours ago for people to "get gud" when they complained about balance, and then now, lol. lmao

I love how if you double jump to start a fight, the slow means you're all or nothing committed to that fight. I hope it's like 15% for 7 seconds or something like that.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Yea. Stronger bonk. Weaker other classes. Relative position definitely improves.

Rangers are gonna be a Cleric hard counter tho. Just kite em. Probably worst in open spaces like Ruins. But whatever.

the plate armor projectile resist nerfs will hurt some, but the hard counter to Rangers is still 'if it sucks hit da bricks'

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
rogues with stealth/weakpoint and the ambush perk are still gonna 3 shot me, gently caress em and their double jump

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

BHB posted:

the plate armor projectile resist nerfs will hurt some, but the hard counter to Rangers is still 'if it sucks hit da bricks'

I tend to avoid plate on Cleric, I hate how slow it makes me. If I find a nice piece sure, but otherwise I run leathers and cloth for the most part.

Ideal loadout for me is: Gambeson, padded leather leggings, Agi Gloves, Any 5+ ms boots, plate helm, heater shield.

And yeah. Just run from rangers for sure, but highly skilled ones will still hunt you down and kill you (they’re just gonna be faster).

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
interesting, I generally run quite heavy. Shoot for about 82%ish movespeed before a big shield. Hounskull, templar chest, heavy leather leggings, plate boots and either riveted or plate gloves. with greys and a white or 2 with the +15 ar aura you can get to near 40% pdr on the cheap. You're also still in the sweet spot for AR scaling on anything you improve.

Hounskulls are some of the best AR/move speed for clerics, plate pants are some of the worst.

e: also if you're playing heavy you need to run judgement, or you will get spaced out by better players

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Ruggan posted:

Didn’t feel GC needed more portals but whatever, not complaining.
Depending on where the final circle is, it can be supremely clusterfucky to actually find any of the remaining portals with how many levels the caves have and how hard it can be to successfully travel between those levels. As long as they get spread out between all the available floors, I'm happy to see more portals.

Ruggan posted:

Does this mean I’m not gonna get one shot by warlocks in grays any more?
Much like doublejump, the scent of falchion nerfs was already in the air so a lot of warlocks who paid attention already switched. Seems to be mainly settling on longsword or bardiche now. Longsword was a bit less damage compared to falchion, bardiche is obviously more, but the armor curve changes may affect things too.

Really want them to finish up the class already.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

for those that need help with goblin cave portals:

the goblin cave is a 3x3 square grid with 2 levels

each grid square has at least 2 connections to an adjacent grid square

every grid square has a white-to-brown transition or staircase indicating where you can traverse levels

you can run around as a level 1 rogue not hitting any mobs and opening doors just to learn the map layout

https://darkanddarker.map.spellsandguns.com/map/GoblinCave-01-N

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014
Man, I am really looking forward to play this more but want it on Steam where the rest of my games are. Hope they hurry up and restore it.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Ostrava posted:

Man, I am really looking forward to play this more but want it on Steam where the rest of my games are. Hope they hurry up and restore it.

Yea i'm still wondering if it's coming to Steam and how that'll work with previous purchases. If they do bring it to Steam, they gotta honor previous sales, right? I have no idea how they'd justify needing to purchase it twice, so I say: They give you a code to bring it to steam or they never do. So, seems like it's still a safe purchase, if you wanna play. There is like a 0.1% chance it comes to Steam and they say you gotta buy it again on Steam to play it there.

So, I think i'm just gonna buy it and play with the bois.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They wouldn’t have to honor previous purchases at all. They could even make their launcher and Steam completely different ecosystems if they wanted and are as stupid as they seem.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
They wouldn't have to, but they would. And they could make 2 platforms, and it's been done before, but they wouldn't, because it's worse.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Definitely join the discord, there’s groups running throughout the day and evening, we are definitely not great or anything but we do alright. The wipe is welcome and needed with the amount of high end gear out there from exploiters, so hopefully things get better after Monday.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Why are there so many haters/nexon shills in this thread?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

milkman dad posted:

It is odd considering how responsive they've been to complaints.

Was having a nutty run of games with a couple of games where we must've killed more than half the lobby in each and the second I stole a portal and then my internet went down. Even had a blue war maul drop the first game which seemed like a sign. Next wipe I want to see if I can make that or zwei work.

Wish I could talk my other trio members into not taking the first portal every time we see it. Had one of my teammates die in a situation where we would've wiped the enemy squad if our buddy hadn't left. I killed their fighter and scared off the wizard and bard but wasn't able to loot which bummed me out too.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 23, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

milkman dad posted:

Haven’t seen em lately, EA getting released and the US case getting dropped seems to have made them go away. Or they are playing and enjoying the game, I dunno

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ShowTime posted:

Yea i'm still wondering if it's coming to Steam and how that'll work with previous purchases. If they do bring it to Steam, they gotta honor previous sales, right? I have no idea how they'd justify needing to purchase it twice, so I say: They give you a code to bring it to steam or they never do. So, seems like it's still a safe purchase, if you wanna play. There is like a 0.1% chance it comes to Steam and they say you gotta buy it again on Steam to play it there.

So, I think i'm just gonna buy it and play with the bois.
steam takes a 30% cut from game purchases so it might not be as simple as just giving people steam codes

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

From what I've heard, a developer can generate as many "free" steam codes for their game as they want, for things like promotions/giveaways or kickstarter campaign delivery, etc.

Giving a steam copy of the game to everyone who'd already bought the game directly from them shouldn't be particularly difficult.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it probably depends on the nature and scope of the migration.

the launch of a game is typically its high point of sales, and i doubt steam wants to make a habit of games launching initial sales outside of steam then converting the sales into free steam codes where valve does not get that cut.

maybe if they agree on steam exclusivity for future sales? :shrug:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I think in the vast, vast majority of cases, simply by virtue of it being on Steam, the sales are going to so completely outclass sales off-Steam that they still come out as a winner.

Just look at the people in this very thread (posters and friends of posters, as discussed earlier) who played in previous tests and want to play now that it's gone EA, who are still waiting for the Steam release to drop before they buy.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i hope it is as trivial as you say for iron mace to do a migration where they can spam out over hundreds of thousands of free game codes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I love seeing people get so excited for green gear

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

milkman dad posted:

That's an odd framing of the handful of people who came into the thread after the game went from free to nearly 60 bucks here to say they weren't going to take that gamble right now.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Pararoid posted:

That's an odd framing of the handful of people who came into the thread after the game went from free to nearly 60 bucks here to say they weren't going to take that gamble right now.

The game is $35 (nearly half of 60 bucks) and is fun and the developers are responsive to the community that’s been created around the game. I don’t think it’s barely been advertised, you almost need to go out of your way to buy it. What’s the best alternative to this game right now? It is not starsiege or tarkov.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

milkman dad posted:

The game is $35 (nearly half of 60 bucks) and is fun and the developers are responsive to the community that’s been created around the game. I don’t think it’s barely been advertised, you almost need to go out of your way to buy it. What’s the best alternative to this game right now? It is not starsiege or tarkov.

58.60 -here- and that's one of three copies we need to actually have fun.

It's fine, as someone pointed out we had gone away, but waiting for this shitshow to somewhat resolve before putting money down is perfectly reasonable.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Ostrava posted:

Saaaame

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
What's so special about Steam? It's not like it's a console exclusive that's literally unavailable on PC. Such a weird mentality to me. Is there a group of stoic holdouts who are like, "man I really like Call of Duty, but I won't play unless it comes back to Steam."

"I never played World of Warcraft because it isn't on Steam" is a phrase I've never heard.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Games tend not to exist for me if they're not on Steam like I posted before. I didn't buy Old World until it came to Steam and I had no clue Darkest Dungeon 2 existed for most of its early access because it was on Epic Games Store. Steam also has stuff like friend integration which Blacksmith doesn't. Blizzard-Activision has bnet so it's more like Steam since it has friends list and a game launcher and is from a long-time developer.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I got my first cape off a juiced team last night and then promptly lost it to another juiced team at the final circle, good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #7**
@everyone, 
We will be doing the hotfix #7 update starting at <t:1692896400>. 
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely. 
The servers will return to full service 2 hours after the start of the patch.

As a reminder, the first Early Access Wipe will be held next Monday. All character levels, items, gold, and skills will be reset. —Please note that your character names will not be reset.— Bluestone Shards will never be reset. Triumph Levels will not be reset this time and will only be reset at the start of the official seasons. A new Early Access leaderboard will start shortly after the wipe, once things have stabilized.

**Patch Notes:**
- Healing potions have been rebalanced. The time duration of the potions has been increased from 20s to 45s and healing potions no longer stack.
- Bandages have been rebalanced. All bandages now heal 15 recoverable health on use. Higher tier bandages take a shorter time to apply.
- Surgical Kits take longer to apply across all tiers.
- Hand crossbow damage decreases dramatically the farther the bolt travels before hitting a target.
- Hand Crossbow movement speed penalty changed from -18 to -20.
- Throwing knives projectile speed slightly increased.
- Hunting traps no longer require a skill check when disarming.
- Attribute Bonus Ratio of all spells has been adjusted to 50%.
- Attribute Bonus Ratio of all shield magic has been adjusted to 50%.
- Wizard's Fireball splash damage increased by 5.
- Wizard's Icebolt damage increased by 5.
- Wizard's Arcane Shield absorb amount reduced from 35 to 20
- Movement speed and action speed reduction due to frostbite have been changed from -15% to -20%.
- A new Hand Crossbow Mastery perk has been added for the Rogue.
- High Roller dungeon entrance ante lowered to 50g until wipe.

Thank you for playing Dark and Darker!

not sure I like the healing and bandage change, also wizards getting buffed further is crazy haha