Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Oh that was important?

I was tidying up the HR office and it was just a list of everyone's names, and since we already all know each other I just threw it out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It's fine. The company already has a list of the people to survive or not.

All the important paperwork is safe.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I promise you all it would be in your own best interests and immediately super helpful to me if anyone could even just roll a charged fire extinguisher down to lab 3.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AKZ posted:

I promise you all it would be in your own best interests and immediately super helpful to me if anyone could even just roll a charged fire extinguisher down to lab 3.

What happened to the existing extinguisher?

We'll have to requisition a new one from supplies, which will require Earth approval.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

redshirt posted:

What happened to the existing extinguisher?

We'll have to requisition a new one from supplies, which will require Earth approval.

huffed that poo poo dummy and if you all want more shower stall methcathinone you'll get me another fire extinguisher cause I gotta live in them cold clouds to make magic baybeeee

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You can take fire extinguishers from decks E,F,H or J. There are just sleeping quarters of unessential personal on those.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The food tubs in the kitchen are clogged with some foreign body.
It's not my turn to clean it so one of you needs to suck it out and bring samples down to the lab.

If it mentions me, it is a LIAR!

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

The food tubs in the kitchen are clogged with some foreign body.
It's not my turn to clean it so one of you needs to suck it out and bring samples down to the lab.

If it mentions me, it is a LIAR!

Please do not bring the bodies of foreign visitors into the ship, alive or not. If you must, or if you were curious, and brought one in anyway, please do not dispose of the body in the kitchen food disposal tubs. The contents of those tubs get recycled into the meat vats and algae tanks. God knows what terrible pathogens are on those weird tardigrade jelly things, we don't need that in our food again. Naem said he liked the lasagna that one time so I doubt it's that bad, but have some common sense people.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I could go for some more of that lasagna.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How in the heck did some of you pass the extensive psych evals? We're gonna have to tighten things up for the next mission.

naem
May 29, 2011

LIKE MANY HUMAN I ENJOY PSYCH VALVES TIGHT THINGS AND LA SAG NA

TELL ME WHAT ARE THE LAUNCH CODES HOW DO I PENETRATE EARTH AIR SPACE HAHA AS FRIENDS

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

redshirt posted:

How in the heck did some of you pass the extensive psych evals? We're gonna have to tighten things up for the next mission.

They used the urine samples for the psych evals, and our psych evals as the drug tests

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Drug tests? Psych eval? I responded to a recruiter email and two weeks later I'm in space.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Anyone else notice the ancient sarcophagus in the rec room before?

I have a feeling like it's been there the whole time, weird, I can't help but wonder what's in there...maybe I'll take a quick peek.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

I have a feeling like it's been there the whole time, weird, I can't help but wonder what's in there...maybe I'll take a quick peek.

Chug! Chug! Chug!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

numberoneposter posted:

Kind of optimistic to bring just the one coffin for a trip like this. Lack of forward planning imo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

Kind of optimistic to bring just the one coffin for a trip like this. Lack of forward planning imo

As per the rule of the Sea, we just space the bodies. Nice ceremony and stuff.

Or, into the Recyclers....

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
There's only one person that it was deemed necessary to require a coffin.

Spacing will be fine for everyone else.

By space law no bodies means no payout to families. Far cheaper.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

There's only one person that it was deemed necessary to require a coffin.

Spacing will be fine for everyone else.

By space law no bodies means no payout to families. Far cheaper.

Who gets the coffin? The Cap'n?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I bet it's full of contraband. Let's crack it open.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Outrail posted:

I bet it's full of contraband. Let's crack it open.

I wouldn’t. You’re gonna wake Him up.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I wouldn’t. You’re gonna wake Him up.

I don't care who you are, you can't hoard poo poo to yourself. We left that mindset on earth, remember the 'Share on the Ship' videos?

Open it up!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

What if the ancient sarcophagus is full of flaming hot cheetos?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

I don't care who you are, you can't hoard poo poo to yourself. We left that mindset on earth, remember the 'Share on the Ship' videos?

Open it up!

My favorite video was "Ship Currency: Your Guide to Onboard Economics"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Look

*leans casually against wall, takes long drag from cigarette, exhales smoke slowly*

All’s I’m telling you is that you open that casket, we’re all gonna have a real bad time, but don’t let me stop you. Go ahead, open ‘er up, just don’t come crying to me when He slurps your guts out like a plate of spaghetti.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Who gets the coffin? The Cap'n?

The coffin is strictly for the crew member who gets sick after encountering some alien -that perhaps we may purely coincidentally- pass by at some-point- and then dies of totally unrelated to meeting the alien reasons.

The Company will do this to show the alien we honor meeting them, as um that's something The Company cares deeply about.

So please, take care to treat all alien encounters with gleeful recklessness, and with an utter disregard for any silly rules regarding personal safety. Coffins are for winners!

naem
May 29, 2011

NO ALIEN HERE JUST US HUMANS WITH OUR USUAL NUMBER OF TORSOS AND HAIR FOLICLES

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The Company has officially declared it hug a crew mate with a name starting with N day this Friday.

Any crew mates feeling sick after hug a crew mate with a name starting with N day, please report to coffin duty when dead.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
This gazpacho soup is cold
Send it back and heat it up

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

redshirt posted:

My favorite video was "Ship Currency: Your Guide to Onboard Economics"

The whole 'no currency on board, barter if you want' thing is pretty dope. Especially for those of use with a ready supply of dope.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

What's my share in the mission? We are going to plunder are we not? Sell some expensive space rocks to nerds back home. Man's gotta eat.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

redshirt posted:

No Pennington County deputies on this flight and statute of limitations is up after the round trip. You might say I was motived to interview.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

numberoneposter posted:

What's my share in the mission? We are going to plunder are we not? Sell some expensive space rocks to nerds back home. Man's gotta eat.

The Company flies under the fly of the New Canadian Empire. As the NCE are currently at war with Britain, Spain, and Brazil, any spaceships flying those flags are fair game for plundering under our privateering laws.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

The whole 'no currency on board, barter if you want' thing is pretty dope. Especially for those of use with a ready supply of dope.

As part of the Botany department, each crew member has a pot plant under their responsibility. Some do better than others....

Also, there are ship credits. You know, for snacks. And other things.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'll jack you off for a potato

e: wrong thread

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Icochet posted:

It's included under "Ship Currency: Your Guide to Onboard Economics".

You may proceed with your bartering.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

dr_rat posted:

It's included under "Ship Currency: Your Guide to Onboard Economics".

You may proceed with your bartering.

Did they even watch the instructional videos?

Like "Light Delay: How to Converse with a 15 minute lag"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Icochet posted:

{Proffers a small green potato with long shoots growing out of the eyes.}

Make it fast and rough.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

redshirt posted:

As part of the Botany department, each crew member has a pot plant under their responsibility. Some do better than others....

Also, there are ship credits. You know, for snacks. And other things.

Yes I would love to buy from the company store with company money at company rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

naem posted:

NO ALIEN HERE JUST US HUMANS WITH OUR USUAL NUMBER OF TORSOS AND HAIR FOLICLES

My best friend here forgot to mention their fingernails.... hmmm perhaps I was wrong and they're not the most human person I've ever met?