Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

CJ posted:

Is there a guide to not loving up your account?

1) Don't ever do the quick upgrades for credits thing
2) Don't spend 1k on a series 3 card unless it's a high value one that you want and will play with
3) Don't open a spotlight cache unless you have 4 ready to go and have a specific target or targets in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Dragonshirt posted:

Wizard Poker is MTG. This has always been Marvel Poker.

Whizzer Poker.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you destroy X-23 does she come back when you use Hela? I know Bucky does that. Probably not because he becomes a different card when destroyed, and I don't think Wolverine does.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me, a Valkyrie Player: Noooooo, how was I supposed to know that they might have a Valkyrie in hand??

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

If you destroy X-23 does she come back when you use Hela? I know Bucky does that. Probably not because he becomes a different card when destroyed, and I don't think Wolverine does.

No. Wolverine/Deadpool/X-23 have already come back and so they are not in the discarded/destroyed pools.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
She’s just Wolverine that gives you extra energy every destroy instead of growing by 2

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Maneck posted:

No. Wolverine/Deadpool/X-23 have already come back and so they are not in the discarded/destroyed pools.

Yea I was pretty sure that was how it worked. I had not seen that combo yet so I was just curious

Man I made it to 60 for the first time! I normally kind of stall out around the mid 40s and end up back in the 30s or 20s before the season ends. And I got a Mojo varient for my troubles.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

obi_ant posted:

Yikes. It looks like I won't be series 4 complete for a long time.

Unless you want to spend and keep spending a fair amount of money, forget about ever being S4/S5 complete.

Instead, save up caches to get the one or two must-have cards per season.

You're doing it right when you see a tier list of S4/S5 cards and you own all the cards in the top tiers and much less of the ones in the lower tiers.

The system is set up so people are always missing a certain amount of cards. Don't fight that, but work with it.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

Yikes. It looks like I won't be series 4 complete for a long time.

uXs posted:

Unless you want to spend and keep spending a fair amount of money, forget about ever being S4/S5 complete.

Instead, save up caches to get the one or two must-have cards per season.

You're doing it right when you see a tier list of S4/S5 cards and you own all the cards in the top tiers and much less of the ones in the lower tiers.

The system is set up so people are always missing a certain amount of cards. Don't fight that, but work with it.

def. do your best to game the system, whenever and wherever possible. but i also say, don't just accept it - be vocal and give them the feedback. rate and review accordingly in steam, google play, etc. i wasn't around for the awful nexus events but it was so bad back then with enough noise, they changed it. who knows, maybe they'll change it once again...

row row fight the power.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I wish X-23 had a cool animation like Wolverine (but with 2 slashes instead) but I imagine they'll put that in at some point.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
When the Spider-Man change dropped I made a deck based around playing Jean Grey and then removing their cards so that they are forced to keep playing into her lane while you are free to move around the board. It’s very similar by coincidence to the Lamby “Silky Smoove” list that is all over conquest, so I take it as a good sign that I’m on to something. The general idea is to play Angela->Jean and then keep knocking their cards out. You’re punished less for playing into that lane and you keep Jean relevant up through turn 6. You can also angle for an early Kraven in a different lane. I always try and play Jean into a hostile location since they usually get left empty.

I think Silk is irreplaceable in this deck (Maybe Vision?) but if you don’t have Jeff , Nightcrawler is fine. You could possibly also add Nebula to work the Jean Grey angle.

You can also tech in Luke Cage, then Jean in the Negative Zone is an instant snap.

I’m having a lot of fun with it though and I want opinions.

# (1) Ghost-Spider
# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (2) Angela
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Silk
# (3) Jean Grey
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Spider-Man
# (4) Captain Marvel
# (4) Miles Morales
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RTcGlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pbGVzTW9yYWxlcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnVnZ2VybmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLcmF2ZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplYW5HcmV5In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Sailor Scout / Magical Girl Squirrel Girl when? That's a must-own.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I literally came here to ask the same question. Holy poo poo that variant is amazing.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

coming soon (tm) in yet another $75 bundle... :smith:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just saw someone with the mech death and fuckin hell the animations look great.

Why they don't showcase the animated card in the shop I'll never understand

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
I had 4 spotlight caches saved since I last opened one during Legion week (and got Kang :mad:), took a risk this week since I loving hate the Chibi Nebula but wanted to try for X-23, got Silk instead and now I'm thinking whether I should push my luck or just save for Jeff/Knull week

I'm also sitting on about 40 collector's caches since they suck now and there's no reason to open them, goddamn the new system is poo poo

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

I had 4 spotlight caches saved since I last opened one during Legion week (and got Kang :mad:), took a risk this week since I loving hate the Chibi Nebula but wanted to try for X-23, got Silk instead and now I'm thinking whether I should push my luck or just save for Jeff/Knull week

I'm also sitting on about 40 collector's caches since they suck now and there's no reason to open them, goddamn the new system is poo poo

if i had a choice between blowing spotlights or just opening one and getting silk straight off the rip, i'd def. choose the latter. imo stop there, you won big and save for the jeff and knull week. right now i've gotta grind for it so yea, feels really bad.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I will never understand the hatred that Rian Gonzales and Eisner Award-winning artist Skottie Young receive in this thread.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

New Leaf posted:

They've mentioned cards a level above Ultimate variants, and an anime Squirrel Girl that transformed when you played her sounds like something they might do

(As does reserving the token variants for those Mythic-or-whatever variants, since SG also has a zombie variant with zombie squirrels from that comic con panel they did)

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I will never understand the hatred that Rian Gonzales and Eisner Award-winning artist Skottie Young receive in this thread.

Gonzales is fine but all of the chibis are absolutely horrible regardless of artist

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Chibi should have been reserved for the g-angle variants but I'm glad that Ryan Gonzalez taking up a chibi designation means g-angle probably won't make one

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Skottie definitely gets hate here but idk if Rian does. I've seen the 5k aero here at least.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Second Re-Reg posted:

That Chibi Nebula being hot dogshit has nothing to do with bad art and everything to do with its bad design. I don’t like that they made Nebula look like a child and then, for some reason, put her in a bikini bottom. I’m not trying to look at that kinda thing, ever.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Last King posted:

if i had a choice between blowing spotlights or just opening one and getting silk straight off the rip, i'd def. choose the latter. imo stop there, you won big and save for the jeff and knull week. right now i've gotta grind for it so yea, feels really bad.

Yeah, looks like the third card that week is Ghost-Spider which I already have, but Knull is pretty much the only really good S4 that I'm missing and Jeff is Jeff, so if I don't try for X-23 I'll have enough spotlights remaining to get them both even if I don't bother to grind for more

Such fun to miss out on getting a brand new card to play with just because it's not the smart thing to do

ALLAN LASSUS fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 24, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mushrooman posted:

When the Spider-Man change dropped I made a deck based around playing Jean Grey and then removing their cards so that they are forced to keep playing into her lane while you are free to move around the board. It’s very similar by coincidence to the Lamby “Silky Smoove” list that is all over conquest, so I take it as a good sign that I’m on to something. The general idea is to play Angela->Jean and then keep knocking their cards out. You’re punished less for playing into that lane and you keep Jean relevant up through turn 6. You can also angle for an early Kraven in a different lane. I always try and play Jean into a hostile location since they usually get left empty.

I think Silk is irreplaceable in this deck (Maybe Vision?) but if you don’t have Jeff , Nightcrawler is fine. You could possibly also add Nebula to work the Jean Grey angle.

You can also tech in Luke Cage, then Jean in the Negative Zone is an instant snap.

I’m having a lot of fun with it though and I want opinions.

# (1) Ghost-Spider
# (1) Kitty Pryde
# (2) Angela
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Silk
# (3) Jean Grey
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Spider-Man
# (4) Captain Marvel
# (4) Miles Morales
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RTcGlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5NYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pbGVzTW9yYWxlcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnVnZ2VybmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbWVyaWNhQ2hhdmV6In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaXR0eVByeWRlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLcmF2ZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplYW5HcmV5In1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I lucked out. I wanted to try this, but didn't have Silk or Jeff.

I had 2 unopened Spotlights...I upgraded more cards and got to 3, first one I opened? Jeff, so that seems like pretty drat good considering he's not a feature card this week.

Second one? Silk.

Got two Spotlights saved for the next time I went new cards, and didn't get that Nebula at all, since the first one I opened this week was X-23.

Played several rounds of this deck in Conquest and won (or they retreated) all of save 1 round, but won the whole match.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I had 2 unopened Spotlights...I upgraded more cards and got to 3, first one I opened? Jeff, so that seems like pretty drat good considering he's not a feature card this week.

if I randomly opened a Jeff the entire building would know about it. I am jealous.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I reckon Jeff will be one I save up for. I don't fancy opening boxes the week he's the featured one cause I have Ghost Spider already and don't want the variant for sure and I have a feeling in my bones I'd get her first.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Fate Accomplice posted:

if I randomly opened a Jeff the entire building would know about it. I am jealous.

I've been chasing him forever. He's been pinned in my token shop for weeks but with the slower token progression I'm not even at 3000.

Since I had good luck with my caches, I expect it will now translate to bad luck in ladder and I assume I'll fall back down to the 60s when I'm at, like, rank 89 and 6 cubes (I don't care about infinite, I just want the 500 gold reward for 90)

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

DrBouvenstein posted:

I lucked out. I wanted to try this, but didn't have Silk or Jeff.

Second one? Silk.

Got two Spotlights saved for the next time I went new cards, and didn't get that Nebula at all, since the first one I opened this week was X-23.

Played several rounds of this deck in Conquest and won (or they retreated) all of save 1 round, but won the whole match.

You leprechaun! I had to shell out tokens for both. But I am glad it worked for you. Jean is pretty tough for some decks to work around.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My greatest marvel snap mistakes: buying Howard, not buying Jeff (in my defense I was holding out for a s4 drop which I think they changed up the system the week that was supposed to happen)

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

For as good of a card Jeff seems to be, I've honestly rarely seen him played against me, even when I was playing mostly HE lockdown. And when I did see him, he was rarely the difference maker.

I wonder if he'll be more prominent once he's in the spotlight.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hobo Clown posted:

For as good of a card Jeff seems to be, I've honestly rarely seen him played against me, even when I was playing mostly HE lockdown. And when I did see him, he was rarely the difference maker.

I wonder if he'll be more prominent once he's in the spotlight.

Jeff is rarely a difference maker when he's played against me, but he's made a difference many times when I've played him. Knowing when and where to put him is crucial.

My best Jeff win was when my opponent put Prof X mid against my move deck and snapped because I'd moved Jeff into the right lane already to buff Kraven. I played Heimdall on 6. Cue "What just happened?" emote.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I almost had the worst thing possible happen today. My opponent almost didn't snap on during a t1 ego game. The coward waited until they were winning, so it still a bit of a sad day.

Hopefully, those 8 cubes they gained will help open them up to auto snap on ego like a reasonable person.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just saw someone with the mech death and fuckin hell the animations look great.

Why they don't showcase the animated card in the shop I'll never understand

There's a user-maintained site with the animated cards: https://snaptracker.me/collection/

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I feel like I’m missing a joke with how bad the max grecke Blue Marvel variant is. Sorry if it’s been brought up haven’t been in thread much

It’s painful to look at

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The Grecke variants are incredibly hit or miss with me. Some of them are among my favorite variants for a card, and some of them are that Blue Marvel or Black Widow. The unreleased Cap one is pretty bad too even though I'm pretty sure he's just taking the piss out of Liefield with that one.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just played someone using a Silver Surfer avatar and a Galactus deck. Can't say he didn't warn me.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah I had someone do that to me and it made me laugh, so now I do the same thing along with the surfboard card back.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the_american_dream posted:

I feel like I’m missing a joke with how bad the max grecke Blue Marvel variant is. Sorry if it’s been brought up haven’t been in thread much

It’s painful to look at

Devo posted:

The Grecke variants are incredibly hit or miss with me. Some of them are among my favorite variants for a card, and some of them are that Blue Marvel or Black Widow.

y'all are nuts I happily spent 700G on Grecke Blue Marvel.

Grecke/Claretti/Hipp/Flaviano are all insta-buys the moment I get enough gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I think if they called them Skottie Young Variants instead of Baby Variants people would like them better