Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Joey McChrist posted:

how do you pull this poo poo barely months after SPR shot herself in the foot doing the same

you know, imho this is actually worse than what SPR did. what she did was awful and incredibly self-defeating, but it was a relatively simple plan. just click the button that says 'new avatar' and use that to direct anger at whoever she was mad at. but in boba's case it's almost like they thought of this big scheme to whip up donations and went to a lot of trouble to hide her ip and prevent detection. in part i'm hoping this was just an incredibly misguided incident borne out of self-loathing and uncertainty, but i kinda suspect they did it for money (which is a lot worse imho).

in short, a sad but wholehearted lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

elf help book posted:

lol the permabanned people right below that post what the hell is wrong with this site

lol i like that from those reasons you'd assume it was from like some CSPAM thread from 2020 and not the Nintendo 3DS Megathread

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

ArfJason posted:

I remember someone mentioned this as a rumor before. Anyways lol.

beats for junkies posted:

I read this as FruitNYogurtParfait saying that Boba Pearl is a Turtlicious rereg, but then they didn't provide any more information, so everyone just started talkin' 'bout Turt instead. If I'm wrong, then I blame not enough coffee yet. If I'm right, you should have proof if you're gonna drop something like that into the Messy Bitches Who Love Drama thread.

Or it could just be a troll and I got played.

They were probably making GBS threads themselves when this happened by random chance.

e: or wait, clicking through more maybe FruitNYogurtParfait was being direct and it just never got expounded

sleppy fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 24, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve posted:

lol i like that from those reasons you'd assume it was from like some CSPAM thread from 2020 and not the Nintendo 3DS Megathread

Lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Am I reading Turtillicious' perma correctly that they were going to go through with some terrorist poo poo but some other people never showed up to the rendezvous or something? Is that what they're implying

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

the game was, once again, rigged from the start

i think you’ll find that the game was crazy glued to the cover of the 3Ds actually.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

HopperUK posted:

No come on nobody was an idiot for taking someone at their word. There was no foolishness about it, you were doing good things for someone you felt sympathy for. It doesn't make any of you any kind of a fool. Don't do that to yourselves.

Yeah dont worry i aint losing much sleep over it, but appreciated anyways

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Is that why you tried to blow up some cows

FruitNYogurtParfait knew

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Between SPR and Boba it seems the answer is clear: Never trust women with buying avatars

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ohtori Akio posted:

didnt she say she uses ai for it lol

she also made a long post smoking an entire thread’s worth of AI bros because she apparently (need to stress that now with everything else) knew enough about the models to comprehensively explain how useless they were at even mildly complex tasks

the little dumbass had pretty much totally gotten away from their old persona and then pissed it away. for what?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

who will be the next sagas poster to doxx, death threat and do a transphobia to themselves

Roth posted:

Between SPR and Boba it seems the answer is clear: Never trust women with buying avatars

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

elf help book posted:

lol the permabanned people right below that post what the hell is wrong with this site

holy hell

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

biceps crimes posted:

who will be the next sagas poster to doxx, death threat and do a transphobia to themselves

You

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Toxic Mental posted:

Am I reading Turtillicious' perma correctly that they were going to go through with some terrorist poo poo but some other people never showed up to the rendezvous or something? Is that what they're implying

they were going to pipe bomb some cows yes

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Farg posted:

my favorite flourish here is posting about being worried that people might think she's SPRing herself. that's a very funny/upsetting move in retrospect

I'm gonna go with "upsetting," because I feel like there has to be some mental illness stuff going on here? Like, the moment I saw her post about having Beaten Schizophrenia, I was like "oh you're in a manic phase, this won't end well"

Just super sad and weird

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

you know, imho this is actually worse than what SPR did. what she did was awful and incredibly self-defeating, but it was a relatively simple plan. just click the button that says 'new avatar' and use that to direct anger at whoever she was mad at. but in boba's case it's almost like they thought of this big scheme to whip up donations and went to a lot of trouble to hide her ip and prevent detection. in part i'm hoping this was just an incredibly misguided incident borne out of self-loathing and uncertainty, but i kinda suspect they did it for money (which is a lot worse imho).

not to mention going to a bunch of people and asking for help and sympathy for it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Btw remember when boba pearl defended cspam posters saying retard by saying she was retarded themselves idk why but lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao again

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Explosive revelations today, see you in about December when someone else tries this all again but remembers this time to use a different computer.

death cob for cutie posted:

this is why I don't feel at all bad about like 99% of my 3ds purchases being digital

imagine needing a loving, cartridge rig

Having and using physical media feels better, to me.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

death cob for cutie posted:

this is why I don't feel at all bad about like 99% of my 3ds purchases being digital

imagine needing a loving, cartridge rig

i put the boxes on my shelf like a normal human op

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Listen SuperBernieBros, Im retarded,

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
*rubbing eyes wearily*

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

oscarthewilde posted:

It's way worse because she intentionally made other people fear being doxxed for her own narcissistic need for attention

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Boba Pearl posted:

the "cool" part is the spr thing also means I'm also a suspect for doing it to myself.

🤔

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

I'm gonna go with "upsetting," because I feel like there has to be some mental illness stuff going on here? Like, the moment I saw her post about having Beaten Schizophrenia, I was like "oh you're in a manic phase, this won't end well"

Just super sad and weird

turt’s manic episodes seldom ended well, like how they tried to give away literally everything they owned, including their cat, without their girlfriend/wife knowing

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

I'm gonna go with "upsetting," because I feel like there has to be some mental illness stuff going on here?

hmm, perhaps

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ArfJason posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

biceps crimes posted:

Thinking about the best anti-Semitic slurs for my next avatar that would also aid my budding furry artist career.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

delightfully devilish, seymour..

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

how on earth did admins keep a straight face for this long?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

hope the saddest rhino has a new "returning with pizzas" doodle for this revelation

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ArfJason posted:

Btw remember when boba pearl defended cspam posters saying retard by saying she was retarded themselves idk why but lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006712&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=235#post526606405

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

at some point she must have knew that the jig was up and started leaning into it

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I'm of two minds. On the one, LMAO, on the other, I'm sorry for Boba's friends here who have been lied to repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

Just super sad and weird

yeah I got the same sense. prester jane before she got all the attention for her "brilliance".