Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Qwertycoatl posted:

They've said the scions will be split into two competing groups. My theory is that this means Zero eating nachos will compete with G'raha eating a taco

WLW and MLM violence.

Us bis are happy right in the middle though.

(If Zero doesn’t join the main cast I will be very upset, though I will settle for just “is still alive after 6.55”.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

They've said the scions will be split into two competing groups. My theory is that this means Zero eating nachos will compete with G'raha eating a taco

while I must side with my boy raha out of loyalty I will secretly side with Zero in spirit

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I hope all G'raha does for the entire expansion is eat beautifully-rendered food and go on guided tours of the great historical landmarks of Tural. Full tourist mode

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Antivehicular posted:

I hope all G'raha does for the entire expansion is eat beautifully-rendered food and go on guided tours of the great historical landmarks of Tural. Full tourist mode

I hope Zero joins him, and that becomes the crux of that team.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Dawntrail team please devote at least 50% of your budget to rendering food.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pezzie posted:

Dawntrail team please devote at least 50% of your budget to rendering food.

swinging massively towards too many food polys to compensate for the launch endwalker grapes

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

bobtheconqueror posted:

I hope Zero joins him, and that becomes the crux of that team.

G'raha and Zero segway tours.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I hope G'raha Tia chokes on a taco and dies and I never have to see him again.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I like the idea that the team divergence and conflict isn't which person to support for the throne or whatever, but instead like "should we get involved?" vs "Should we get tacos?"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Endorph posted:

6.x is a fun story but it kind of cant be as good as the 5.1-5.3 stuff because that stuff was part of the shadowbringers story while the endwalker patch story is just its own little thing. like its closer to a raid series story.

I'm pretty sure it literally is the bonus trial series story turned into MSQ story. Four Lords/Weapon Series/Warring Triad content basically.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

No.

Duckboat tours.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm pretty sure it literally is the bonus trial series story turned into MSQ story. Four Lords/Weapon Series/Warring Triad content basically.

I guess it was that or 5 patches of "what does the WoL pack for Tural?"

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Clearly we should have had 5 patches of the island sanctuary being the main st ory.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Sure, until Leveling throws you into Copperbell, and for 2 of the 3 bosses, you have to stand around doing nothing like a Duty Support NPC until the nearly arena wide AOEs resolve.

There's other dungeons like this, but Copperbell just happened last night, so it's sticking out in my mind right now.

I forget the ability names, but I have the no-damage ability that clocks up orbs for your super punch on my ranged attack button. Metaphorically standing on the edge of the fight doing windmills and waiting to punch someone in the face is almost as good as flicking boogers at them or whatever the other melee do

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

G-Spot Run posted:

I forget the ability names, but I have the no-damage ability that clocks up orbs for your super punch on my ranged attack button. Metaphorically standing on the edge of the fight doing windmills and waiting to punch someone in the face is almost as good as flicking boogers at them or whatever the other melee do

I get that "no ranged ever" is apparently part of the core Monk job identity, but it'd be really nice if they got like a tiny ki fireball or Anime Air Pressure Trick or something to let them plink alongside Javelin DRG

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I get all excited when I remember Six Sided Star exists

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

No.

Duckboat tours.

gulool ja ja drives us around in his car, as we approach the shore he starts screaming that the brakes are out and we're all gonna die, and only when we're floating do we realize his car is amphibious

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Antivehicular posted:

The CUL questline is just about following him around and learning local cuisine.

It's also the ALC questline, as the ALC/CUL storyline grouping gets increasingly bad at justifying why they're both there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

World War Mammories posted:

gulool ja ja drives us around in his car, as we approach the shore he starts screaming that the brakes are out and we're all gonna die, and only when Alisaie has thrown Alphinaud out of the car do we realize his car is amphibious

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
active time event as g'raha at a taco mukbang

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The ALC half of the quest is breaking new ground in antacids

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Alc100 quest name to make the capstone antacids: Basic Batch

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I would like crafting quests back, at least.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Cleretic posted:

The CUL questline is just about following him around and learning local cuisine.

It's also the ALC questline, as the ALC/CUL storyline grouping gets increasingly bad at justifying why they're both there.

I actually thought the fact that the Endwalker Questline is about actual food chemistry as much as it is taste made Alchemist fit better than the ShB one, which neither job seemed to fit particularly well. Culinarian does fit better with both though.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I dunno, I think ShB ALC/CUL being veterinary medicine more or less worked, albeit not as classically in either job's wheelhouse as the EW food science stuff. The one that baffled me was EW CRP/LTW/WVR, where we're... weaving telescope parts, I guess??

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Fibreglass

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

bobtheconqueror posted:

I like the idea that the team divergence and conflict isn't which person to support for the throne or whatever, but instead like "should we get involved?" vs "Should we get tacos?"

This is pretty much my prediction. Interventionist versus non-interventionist split. If it's this, I do wonder what the stakes would end up being that would get them to have an actual rift over it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm pretty sure the split is that half of them have been hired by one person and the other half are going on their own or hired by a different person. The split being actual Sharlayan Archons vs non-Archons (have you completed your PHD).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Antivehicular posted:

I dunno, I think ShB ALC/CUL being veterinary medicine more or less worked, albeit not as classically in either job's wheelhouse as the EW food science stuff. The one that baffled me was EW CRP/LTW/WVR, where we're... weaving telescope parts, I guess??

That one made sense to me, since it was explicitly a Really loving Old form of astronomy. So I assumed it was gonna be something like 'reflect starlight on a specially prepared surface', and that's what we're doing. When you actually see it, though, it's... not really something they could've made, yeah.

I think the main problem I have with ALC/CUL isn't the concept of where it goes--nutrition and veterinary medicine is basically the only place they can cross over, so if we're grouping them together that's what we get, and it's not bad. The problem is that it's just written as a CUL storyline, it's all cooking-centric and not chemistry-centric. Hell, both of those storylines have at least one step I can remember that's just 'make food, this isn't even nutrition-focused, this quest just won't progress until you make someone some food'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cleretic posted:

That one made sense to me, since it was explicitly a Really loving Old form of astronomy. So I assumed it was gonna be something like 'reflect starlight on a specially prepared surface', and that's what we're doing. When you actually see it, though, it's... not really something they could've made, yeah.

I think the main problem I have with ALC/CUL isn't the concept of where it goes--nutrition and veterinary medicine is basically the only place they can cross over, so if we're grouping them together that's what we get, and it's not bad. The problem is that it's just written as a CUL storyline, it's all cooking-centric and not chemistry-centric. Hell, both of those storylines have at least one step I can remember that's just 'make food, this isn't even nutrition-focused, this quest just won't progress until you make someone some food'.

You had better alchemize that food real good, too, or he refuses to help you.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I hope it's more than 2 groups the scions are hired by. Lemme see a full split. The twins with someone, Uri and Than with another, Zero and Estinien teaming up, you and krile. Let's just do the current HxH arc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I hope it's more than 2 groups the scions are hired by. Lemme see a full split. The twins with someone, Uri and Than with another, Zero and Estinien teaming up, you and krile. Let's just do the current HxH arc.

Introduce Nen abilities via Dynamis.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

I get that "no ranged ever" is apparently part of the core Monk job identity, but it'd be really nice if they got like a tiny ki fireball or Anime Air Pressure Trick or something to let them plink alongside Javelin DRG

My favorite thing is they get a huge dbz energy beam but point it directly at the ground

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
All Monks are nearsighted and if they aimed that laser anyway but straight down it would miss

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Unfortunately Widargelt has never completed Syrcus Tower.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The "split" will probably just be you, G'raha, and the twins going with Erenville to meet his family (and keep them from killing him) while simultaneously Y'shtola, Thancred, Urianger and Krile have been hired by what's his name to solve some problem and then around level 93 the plotlines converge

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FuturePastNow posted:

The "split" will probably just be you, G'raha, and the twins going with Erenville to meet his family (and keep them from killing him) while simultaneously Y'shtola, Thancred, Urianger and Krile have been hired by what's his name to solve some problem and then around level 93 the plotlines converge

my guess is actually that it's Team Krile vs. Team UrianCred, and that they've actually been tagged by different factions

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
They could use the branching quest system to basically record which shade of grey your wol wants to side with and have minor variations on future cutscenes play out based on that

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

My thought based slightly on datamining and also the FanFest keynote is more or less Countblanc's conclusion: Krile gets involved because technically her grandfather got the invitation letter, not her, which either means it was sent long enough ago (at least earlier than the part in ARR where the Isle of Val disappears) that it's not the same wave as Thancred and Urianger's invitations, or that Gulool Ja Ja is simply unaware of Galuf's death - but even so, the others seemed to be sent by someone specifically inviting Scions, and Krile's grandfather wasn't one. So either way, I feel like the letters alone indicate that Krile's not on the same "team" as Thancred/Urianger by sponsor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

finally fuckin' executed pangenesis correctly. it's all downhill from here, right? right?