Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

fyallm posted:

My bed yells at me for not enough restful sleeps, and getting up to pee in the middle of night, haha

The bed should be thankful you don't exercise the alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Why the gently caress is the Spin and Skip buttons in Luck be a Landlord not at the same spot?
The game is just a deckbuilder, and like 99% of all the deckbuilders you just want to play a skinny deck most of the time.
Don't make me strain my thumb reaching for the default action of just skipping bloating my deck.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've been using Sleep Town, it randomly decides to break my streaks at night but I've been putting the phone down at 1030 and it's been helping with more consistent sleep patterns

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Been enjoying the hell out of Tiny Shop (actually playing on pc google play games) It doesn't push purchasing stuff down your throat, and seems perfect to play while working.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.tinycloud.tinyshop&hl=en_US&gl=US

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Small Snail Game tip: when you hit tier 4 on any of your forms, you want to spend all of your cells beelining for the leadership bonus in the middle. It's that perfect storm of this being the moment that you start to actually run out of cells, while at the same time you start opening domains and minion stats start being something you actually want to prioritize. I made the mistake of prioritizing HARD stats and now I'm sitting here desperately trying to scrounge up some demon cells so I can get 10 more leadership and keep pushing through Koryeo domain. :v:

On the bright side, a new event starting means I got a huge power spike. I think I jumped from about 350k to 460k over the course of a few hours.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Arzaac posted:

Small Snail Game tip: when you hit tier 4 on any of your forms, you want to spend all of your cells beelining for the leadership bonus in the middle. It's that perfect storm of this being the moment that you start to actually run out of cells, while at the same time you start opening domains and minion stats start being something you actually want to prioritize. I made the mistake of prioritizing HARD stats and now I'm sitting here desperately trying to scrounge up some demon cells so I can get 10 more leadership and keep pushing through Koryeo domain. :v:

On the bright side, a new event starting means I got a huge power spike. I think I jumped from about 350k to 460k over the course of a few hours.

Yeah you want the leadership and the mutant and demon minion boosts. Hard stats after that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arzaac posted:

Also, I barely noticed that the Demon Form (which is generally the strongest for quite a while) starts to get bonuses at tier 4 for specifically awakening Art relics. (awakening as in, using a pile of fragments on their final upgrade after they're maxed out on reagents). Like 1 Art relic awakening gives +50 attack at Tier 4, and then by Tier 5 if you have 10 of them awakened it's a 500 Attack bonus on top of the relic bonuses themselves. And awakening also helps you go down the Leadership tree, giving some very solid minion upgrades.

It's kinda easy to miss how important that part is; since blue fragments will bottleneck you super hard early on, make sure to use most of them on awakening blue Art relics.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I just got to Cathay and I dunno what to spend my Intel on. Should I recruit all the generals. Do I level up a couple instead? Also the 2 I had died, apparently they come back?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Resdfru posted:

I just got to Cathay and I dunno what to spend my Intel on. Should I recruit all the generals. Do I level up a couple instead? Also the 2 I had died, apparently they come back?

Upgrade the generals that give more Intel and prestige first. Then from there upgrade stats. It will take a little bit.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Resdfru posted:

They come back every time you restart exploration. Unlock them all as you get them and the best ones to level up first are the ones that increase intel and prestige, and the one that reduces prestige cost. There's an intel that let's you respect the dead for more prestige, get that asap. Also get the ones that improve the squares on the board, you'll need a lot of time intel.

When you get stuck, go to back and do some Yamato runs to increase ninjutsu and get mirror shards.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah max that mirror out when you can.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The generals themselves kinda suck as far as stats go, even levelled up, so just in general go for the generals that are useful beyond their stats. The prestige and Intel ones already got mentioned, but I also think the B-Tad general is worth maxing out early, and you want to max out Kiddo Kong Rong and Cyclops Xiahou D, as they give you a relic and organ respectively. All the 7th generals in each line are great as well, as (depending on the general) they give intel, incense, and partners.

And of course you want to max them all out eventually because that's the only way you're gonna get Lu Bu fully levelled up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I feel like I'm doing something wrong in Cathay because I still haven't been able to beat the 4th boss out of like 12 and I have all but the last row or two of generals unlocked and leveled. Maybe I should actually be paying attention to the formations or whatever that is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

I feel like I'm doing something wrong in Cathay because I still haven't been able to beat the 4th boss out of like 12 and I have all but the last row or two of generals unlocked and leveled. Maybe I should actually be paying attention to the formations or whatever that is.

You need the mirror on. Don't use the generals until lubu is maxed. Then go back with him to 100% the area.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

You need the mirror on. Don't use the generals until lubu is maxed. Then go back with him to 100% the area.

Oh, and that's a Yamato thing? I hadn't tried going back to a previous stage but was thinking maybe I should.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

Oh, and that's a Yamato thing? I hadn't tried going back to a previous stage but was thinking maybe I should.

Lubu is cathary, but is hard to unlock without max mirror.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Lubu is cathary, but is hard to unlock without max mirror.

The mirror is what I was referring to, but it does look like I already have that. Is the mirror what enables the ninjutsu upgrades and maxing all of those out is what was being recommended?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

The mirror is what I was referring to, but it does look like I already have that. Is the mirror what enables the ninjutsu upgrades and maxing all of those out is what was being recommended?

Yeah. At least the attack portion. Then if you are still losing do defense then healing. You will need to finish maxing it some point during cathary, but not until after you finish the rocket.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah. At least the attack portion. Then if you are still losing do defense then healing. You will need to finish maxing it some point during cathary, but not until after you finish the rocket.

Gotcha, thank you! I actually totally forgot about the ninjutsu stuff that I never finished so I'm going to be grinding those now.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

explosivo posted:

Gotcha, thank you! I actually totally forgot about the ninjutsu stuff that I never finished so I'm going to be grinding those now.

The mirror is a huge boost and will bring your primary relic to use outside of zone stuff. Lubu is supposedly thr best for finishing off apostles, but I haven't maxed mine yet to see if true.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
I spent so long in Yamato that my mirror is almost maxed already. Thanks for the tips, I'll see if the generals make more sense now.

I feel like I hit a big wall halfway through Yamato. Progress slowed down a lot. My btads and food started running out. My stats are barely going up.

I think part of it was I ignored relics for a while except to activate them but I went through and started leveling up the ones I had the shards for and that helped a little bit.

But alas, it's a mobile game so it's probably just working as intended

Oh 1 question, all the different wtad bundles that pop up in the shop or when I progress thing x to point y. They seem like good deals, because they'll cost 1k but include 700 wtads so really it's 300 plus whatever else is in it. Are those a good buy or should I avoid them?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been buying em whenever they become eligible and while my wtads have fluctuated I've always had plenty. I don't really buy much else with them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Resdfru posted:

I spent so long in Yamato that my mirror is almost maxed already. Thanks for the tips, I'll see if the generals make more sense now.

I feel like I hit a big wall halfway through Yamato. Progress slowed down a lot. My btads and food started running out. My stats are barely going up.

I think part of it was I ignored relics for a while except to activate them but I went through and started leveling up the ones I had the shards for and that helped a little bit.

But alas, it's a mobile game so it's probably just working as intended

Oh 1 question, all the different wtad bundles that pop up in the shop or when I progress thing x to point y. They seem like good deals, because they'll cost 1k but include 700 wtads so really it's 300 plus whatever else is in it. Are those a good buy or should I avoid them?

Make sure to upgrade your pond stuff too. Do not fo clone stuff until the rocket. The game is an idler so you will hit walls and just have to grind or wait until you get higher. Lucky pulls help too

Always save resources until the proper event week too. Check the wiki for this, but the order is lottery, wish coin, altar.

Kinda. They give a nice chunk of resources, but they are there to drain the w-tads.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

There's one that costs 18k wtads for 9k wtads and 10 incense, if you ever want the notification on your mailbox to stop telling you the turtle needs it, it's a must buy.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

The mirror is a huge boost and will bring your primary relic to use outside of zone stuff. Lubu is supposedly thr best for finishing off apostles, but I haven't maxed mine yet to see if true.

It's honestly true way before you max him out; he gains 17 atk for every 20 on your snail, plus has a boatload of ignore def, so he roughly doubles your attack on targets. His biggest downside is that his defensive stats are genuinely terrible, so against major threats he dies super quickly. He's therefore best used on targets that don't do a lot of damage to you, but you want to kill quicker, so things like dominating apostles and saving neurolinks in manhunt.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

That's 18 consecutive posts about a single game, I think it probably deserves it's own thread! I'm guessing the game is called Mirrors and Generals or Maxed Mirrors: General's Revenge.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

VelociBacon posted:

That's 18 consecutive posts about a single game, I think it probably deserves it's own thread! I'm guessing the game is called Mirrors and Generals or Maxed Mirrors: General's Revenge.

Huh I figured it was not snail game nonsense

i3lueHorneT
Jun 26, 2010
Triangle Strategy or Sea of Stars esque recommendations?

Something with color & some amount of tactical or strategic concern would be nice.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
How is snail game so addicting?

I'm just coming to the end of yamato but am starting to struggle with having enough btads to do everything I could otherwise do. I guess this is a bottleneck spot?

Also game probably deserves a thread but I'm way too lazy to make one

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Probably doesn't need a new thread. Give it a week or two and no one will be playing it. It's the thread cycle.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I bounced off snails in like two days.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Tower of God: New World is a fun new gacha, but honestly it makes me just want to play summoners war.

Also the servers aren't a single shard which sucks for setting up a goon guild.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Any goon guilds for Snail? I'm on cheestborger 6.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Night Danger Moose posted:

Any goon guilds for Snail? I'm on cheestborger 6.

We're all seemingly on different servers and you can't transfer :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Rapner posted:

Tower of God: New World is a fun new gacha, but honestly it makes me just want to play summoners war.

Also the servers aren't a single shard which sucks for setting up a goon guild.

I looked at that game and the Play Store gives me a warning that similar phones have experienced crashing issues. Never seen that before.. and my phone isn't THAT old, its a Samsung A71 5g.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The game runs like garbage

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jesus, I had a ton of lottery tickets saved up in Super Snail for the event that just started today and I boosted my power by a LOT with all of the stuff I got from the spins as well as going through all the event stuff and redeeming all the rewards for that.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Lowness 72 posted:

Probably doesn't need a new thread. Give it a week or two and no one will be playing it. It's the thread cycle.

its the same people who made gumballs & dungeons, which has a (historically) active thread. there is a LOT of content in this game....

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Disclosure: I don't always hate touch controls. They're never my preferred option except for games like Dicey Dungeons or whatever.

Anyway, does anyone have the ports of Doom and/or Doom 2? I'm thinking of maybe picking those up with survey bucks. I've played them both to death and have them on multiple systems already but like.... c'mon, it's Doom (and Doom 2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah max that mirror out when you can.

I fell into the trap of leveling up the big rolling ball.. My ball is 25/30 and my mirror is 22/90... how do I get more mirror fragments?

Im 97% with koryeo 95% yamato and 64% cathay