Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

don't think that's an n95..
this is exactly how my teeth looked a few months after getting cøvid #2, wear an n85 people! (but don't wear pants, unless pyjama bottoms count)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Mekchu posted:

'state mandated perverts' is certainly a phrase

Do you have another set of words for someone who'd not resign in the face of that, let alone volunteer?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BOGO LOAD posted:

reference to school genital inspectors?

please tell me it's a reference to that and not some other thing

are they going to be people actual seeking out that gig or just administrative staff forced to do it by law? because there's a big difference.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Mekchu posted:

are they going to be people actual seeking out that gig or just administrative staff forced to do it by law? because there's a big difference.

I don't see that much difference if you don't resign in the face of being ordered to do that.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Aug 25, 2023

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Mekchu posted:

genital verification will be outsourced to the same Israeli firm handling Twitter Blue verifications.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StratGoatCom posted:

I don't see that much difference if you don't resign.

BOGO LOAD posted:

genital verification will be outsourced to the same Israeli firm handling Twitter Blue verifications.

lol

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Mekchu posted:

ditches dont care about the difference

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I would, uh, rephrase that.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mekchu posted:

the only similarity is keith lee who is also a big guy who also got covid and had some heart related issue following it. however i think keith lee took less time off than bray.

Right, I'm not gonna try and make a conspiracy corkboard of injuries or wrestlers having issues, just it sucks that we've got one more thing in the list of way those athletes destroy their bodies for our entertainment. It applies to all touring performers, but I feel like wrestlers are especially vulnerable because of how much of their income comes from stuff like meet and greets and cons, not to mention the way some of their particular fitness regimen already leaves them vulnerable to cardiovascular issues.

Okuteru posted:

It's only day two of the school year and people are already calling off sick with the vid. The principal is telling teachers to not to report positive tests because "we cannot give into the fear".

As if a pathogen is a terrorist cell or something.
Last year in CA educators I knew were sharing all the ways admin was juking the stats for infections, like you wouldn't be notified via contact tracing if someone was hacking a lung up all over the kiddos in the class right before you, because you didn't share a workstation with the infected.

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 12:13 on Aug 25, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

stumblebum posted:

:dogwhistle:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Paging fosborb

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Nevermind, an understandable sentiment but still... well, see what speng said.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 04:20 on Aug 25, 2023

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Won't someone think of the child genital inspectors

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coolness Averted posted:

Right, I'm not gonna try and make a conspiracy corkboard of injuries or wrestlers having issues, just it sucks that we've got one more thing in the list of way those athletes destroy their bodies for our entertainment. It applies to all touring performers, but I feel like wrestlers are especially vulnerable because of how much of their income comes from stuff like meet and greets and cons, not to mention the way some of their particular fitness regimes already leaves them vulnerable to cardiovascular issues.

Last year in CA educators I knew were sharing all the ways admin was juking the stats for infections, like you wouldn't be notified via contact tracing if someone was hacking a lung up all over the kiddos in the class right before you, because you didn't share a workstation with the infected.

yeah, the brodie lee stuff was also really depressing. especially when his wife & friendsin the industry were being hounded by people trying to make them say it was covid or not when it was some unrelated respiratory illness.

some real ghoulish behavior by some unwell people.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

re: concert cancellation chat, but only sorta

is there anywhere that one can find insurance industry data that might hint at how growing sickness/disability/death are impacting society? is all of that sort of thing 100% private?

as an enterprise computer toucher, i have no idea, myself.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Insanite posted:

is there anywhere that one can find insurance industry data that might hint at how growing sickness/disability/death are impacting society? is all of that sort of thing 100% private?

There's been a few, and there is a segment of the money that is starting to get threadpilled but not really much power yet.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
When am I supposed to feel better? Some of my symptoms have gotten better, I don’t have the migraine or sharp stabbing pains in my head anymore. The fever has come down from 104 to 100.4 but I’m still having a fever, especially at night. I wake up drenched in sweat.

Also, still feeling weak and fatigued when I walk. I can’t do physical activity like cleaning without needing a break. My last day of paxlovid is tomorrow so after that I guess I’m going to rebound since I haven’t cleared this yet.

I’m able to work remotely fine, though, I’m doing it from bed.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Glumwheels posted:

When am I supposed to feel better? Some of my symptoms have gotten better, I don’t have the migraine or sharp stabbing pains in my head anymore. The fever has come down from 104 to 100.4 but I’m still having a fever, especially at night. I wake up drenched in sweat.

Also, still feeling weak and fatigued when I walk. I can’t do physical activity like cleaning without needing a break. My last day of paxlovid is tomorrow so after that I guess I’m going to rebound since I haven’t cleared this yet.

Take it easy for four weeks after your symptoms pass; exercising after a bout of covid increases your risk of PASC.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glumwheels posted:

really depends as, anecdotally, it varies a lot person to person.

i was fine within a week after getting covid in 2022 with only shortness of breath being when i had to take the 6 flights of stairs up and down in my apartment building due to no elevator existing. i was back to full training in my sport/hobby within a few weeks/month (with a mask on) without much issue.

some people i know had zero problem whatsoever, while others have had more longer lasting aches/issues.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

“The flu season has not even started yet,” Shepherd said. “So that’s going to be the next thing around with Covid, (which will) really amp things up again.”

Shepherd said even though people have been experiencing mild symptoms, they should continue to take caution to limit the spread.

“We know everybody’s let their guard down now, you still need to wash your hands, do all the preventable things,” Shepherd said. “Vaccines are the key. They just need to go get their vaccines and do what the CDC recommends as far as hygiene and everything.”

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Chamale posted:

Take it easy for four weeks after your symptoms pass; exercising after a bout of covid increases your risk of PASC.

I’m not going to exercise, I plan to take it easy the next couple of weeks. I just want this drat fever and night sweats to completely go away. I’m not sleeping well through the night.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

stumblebum posted:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Glumwheels posted:

there's no "supposed to", every case is different :( sorry you're still struggling with the fever, that's really awful. I was symptomatic to some degree for about 10 days iirc.

don't work don't clean just be in bed if you can.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Chamale posted:

the “don’t push it” thing should be common knowledge, but it’s not, as so much public health guidance is aimed at getting people back to work. it owns.

I’d say I felt mostly normal maybe a month after my infection. my heart was racing a lot for a while afterward, which is fine and good. doesn’t really do that now.

some people genuinely feel fine after a day or two. others are wrecked for good. some feel like they’re on the mend and then fail a LC roll, which is a bucket several of my friends are in. some feel great after a few days and later die of heart attacks, strokes, PEs, etc., later, but these are obviously not covid deaths because they aren’t recorded as covid deaths. my mom did one of these, as did nearly my dad.

we are all supposed to just pretend that this is a tolerable way of living. lol.

Glumwheels posted:

I’m not going to exercise, I plan to take it easy the next couple of weeks. I just want this drat fever and night sweats to completely go away. I’m not sleeping well through the night.

as you’re having trouble with sleep, have you tried melatonin pills?

Insanite has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Aug 25, 2023

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Insanite posted:

There was at least one story in that vein, IIRC of spikes in young people dying, but this is like a year or two ago at this point. Whispers, but no more than that yet

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Glumwheels posted:

there's no set window for recovery. my hard acute symptoms -- your "danger zone fever"s and "laying about deliriously"s and "going almost completely deaf"s and your mild "it's a struggle to stand up at all but i need to drink water or i'll die"s -- lasted about five days.

my body was hosed for another month and i almost died of pneumonia after. fun times!

my advice for not being able to sleep: set vlc to automatically restart after it completes playing, and then make a playlist of a season of your favorite show. just close your eyes and listen. it'll stave off the interminable suffering, and it'll distract you from worrying about sleeping. all that will matter, is the moments of recognition, the window of consciousness where you hear dr house berate someone for ten minutes

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Glumwheels posted:

My partner took three weeks to feel better, even with paxlovid. Take it super slow, rest a lot, take time off work (if you can) and rest your brain too.. This poo poo is no joke which is why we're all avoiding it. I hope it's over for you soon.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Yeah same, it took 3 weeks to recover, I tried to come back after just 2 even with Pax, but the fatigue was still there by week 3

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

skooma512 posted:

free silicone thrills.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Insanite posted:

SEC filling reports from pharmaceutical, hospital suppliers, coffin manufactures and whatever it is sick people are spending their monies on before they exit the economy

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Thanks for the advice everyone, I’m swamped at work and can’t skip for two weeks. I’m taking it easy and working from bed basically. We also have two little kids who are stuck at home with us but still testing negative. We can’t get any help because we don’t want to expose anyone. So my wife has been doing a lot since I was struggling with a fever and migraine and I’m doing what I can so she can get some rest too.

Melatonin won’t help and I don’t like how I feel when I take it. I’ve tried it in the past and I felt weird. I can get to sleep fine but I wake up at an ungodly hour because I’m sweating or have a fever then I can’t go back to sleep.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

skooma512 posted:

free silicone thrills.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Insanite posted:

my "friend told by doc that their long covid is just world weariness w/nurse stating covid isn't even really a thing" post does carry a fancy boston pedigree

i sent them some long covid clinic and clinical trial links, which i guess means that i could be probed for big dogging medical professionals, but that's a risk i'm willing to take

Clearly a misdiagnosis. It's not weltschmerz, it's ennui.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Here's good article by Naomi Klein, about the pain of being mistaken for anti-vaxxer and famous idiot Naomi Wolf. Some fun imagery about being the "last Naomi standing".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

She could have learned at thing or two from The Shock Doctrine.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
even the good naomi has bad takes sometimes

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Petey posted:

a good friend of my gf's got covid for the second time. that is not a surprise. however, she (the friend)

a) has at least 3-4 qualifying comorbidities that i know about as a casual friend-of-friend
b) her doctor told her "just ride it out" and not take pax because "it's day 3 and that means you can only take it 2 more days anyway" (??)
c) i sent her the google doc / NIH guidelines, but she is just deciding to follow her doctor's advice even though it's not consistent with the NIH clinical guidelines and "feels way sicker this time"

this is all in a major urban area with some of the supposed best health care systems in the country. not great!

listen. to. your. doctor.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Poppers posted:

Can we at least acknowledge that wearing a mask is less comfortable than not wearing a mask

no

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Coolness Averted posted:

public health pryzbylewski moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mola Yam posted:

even the good naomi has bad takes sometimes

grading the naomis on a curve