Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

genericnick posted:

grading the naomis on a curve

it has to be extremely hosed up to be constantly publicly mixed up with a total shithead like Naomi Wolf lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bastard Tetris posted:

it has to be extremely hosed up to be constantly publicly mixed up with a total shithead like Naomi Wolf lmao

Klein just wrote a book about it! I'm gonna assume that link last page was to her guardian article/teaser about it. It's interesting because it goes into how Wolf was in many ways her evil doppelganger and parallels about them that lead to the mixups.
I have to imagine Wolf's arc sucks for Wolf too if she's ever self aware, since she'd have to realize she's gone from being an at least tolerated academic to full on crank and laughing stock.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted posted:

Klein just wrote a book about it! I'm gonna assume that link last page was to her guardian article/teaser about it. It's interesting because it goes into how Wolf was in many ways her evil doppelganger and parallels about them that lead to the mixups.
I have to imagine Wolf's arc sucks for Wolf too if she's ever self aware, since she'd have to realize she's gone from being an at least tolerated academic to full on crank and laughing stock.

that’s loving hilarious/horrifying, I gotta look this up

I read a ton of Klein’s books in undergrad, to have a weird right wing dumbass doppelgänger has to be infuriating

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

No! No!!

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Mekchu posted:

korea is probably not going to try and take too many queues from japan for a whole host of reasons that are far too complicated to get into.

i don't doubt they'd potentially benefit from it but in general my experience is 'why should we care what japan does (except for when its something bad like the fukushima water situation right now)?'

especially under a right wing government that promised to, iirc, stop the needless measures moon had been holding onto and only started to loosen up when the elections were happening in 2022. like there was a lot of 'ok sure these restrictions are fine' at the start and then after a good while and a lot of 'no we changed it to this, oops its now this' sort of policy making people just started to get really frustrated.

once the vaccinations rolled out for everyone in late 2021 and the boosters, which happened just before the election stuff started for 2022, people were pretty much fed up with being dogmatic with the restrictions. especially since those restrictions drove a lot of people out of business (which is a whole different thing to discuss given how flimsily most businesses will open and close at the drop of a hat there). sucks but that's just how it happened to play out.

did you live in korea throughout the more restrictive period? curious about how much of a shock that must have been; I'd only ever been to Seoul for work before the pandemic, but every time everyone seemed to go hard with nightlife amenities even when the weather was poo poo.

also interested in what the view on the street was of the crazy apocalyptic churches that were deliberately defying restrictions to spread the virus pre-vaccine

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

captainbananas posted:

did you live in korea throughout the more restrictive period? curious about how much of a shock that must have been; I'd only ever been to Seoul for work before the pandemic, but every time everyone seemed to go hard with nightlife amenities even when the weather was poo poo.

also interested in what the view on the street was of the crazy apocalyptic churches that were deliberately defying restrictions to spread the virus pre-vaccine

yes, but not in seoul so i can't speak to that other than stuff i heard from people up there. the only real shock was in march 2020 when people were less out and about on the streets where i lived (eg. people walking around and just enjoying the outdoors). restrictions were put in around that time and things were more or less ghost town where i was working but within 2 months or so things were back to chugging along with restrictions, like delivery drivers not interacting with you and leaving your food/parcel deliveries at your doorstep instead of handing them off to you (you'd get an automated message saying they're arriving and to not answer the door until they left etc.). public schools where i was did every other day in-class attendance (days you weren't meant to be in-person you'd do online), though that didn't apply to private after school academies. eating out was ok but you were restricted to 4 ppl per table/group that arrived at the restaurant, then it'd fluctuate to five or six, then back to four, so it got annoying and frustrating to deal with if you weren't actively aware of the changes. given the low outbreak rate in korea for i wanna say the first roughly half year, things weren't too bad and even after the big surges just resulted in public spaces having enforced mandates that have slowly all been rolled back (for the most part with a few exceptions like hospitals etc.)

i lived near the city that was the epicenter of the first major outbreak due to the shincheonji church people who went to china and came back and refused to quarantine (iirc they and others got in some serious trouble but specifics i'm spotty on). i never saw them out and about where i was, but i know there was a big protest by a different church group up in seoul people went to from my area which got them rightly chastised.

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 11:23 on Aug 25, 2023

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
Must be nice, our local church turned into a training ground for psychos to run for local offices backed by Tucker Carlson and poo poo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

We should definitely free the poster that compared the COVID thread getting mocked/criticized to genocide

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lib and let die posted:

We should definitely free the poster that compared the COVID thread getting mocked/criticized to genocide

i don't think the korean guy i'm thinking of (reverent/pator jun? jeon?) said the genocide bit, but i remember him promising to martyr himself if the korean president didn't personally apologize to him for the korean CDC blaming outbreaks on the rallies he was organizing in seoul.

he promised it would happen within 14 days, then he just kinda pretended he never said it.

Bastard Tetris posted:

Must be nice, our local church turned into a training ground for psychos to run for local offices backed by Tucker Carlson and poo poo

there were maga hat wearing right wing korean protestors outside the coffee place near my work handing out fliers every few days from november 2020 to march 2022

edit - oh, all the us military people i knew (airforce goon, few navy guys i would hang out with on the weekends, and an army guy i knew) were all restricted to base. as in, you couldn't leave base unless it was to go to your off-base housing. that lasted until late 2021.

edit 2 - oh also there were restrictions for a while that made it so if you weren't vaccinated you couldn't eat out at restaurants (but like going to work was OK i think? idk i knew a korean cop who wasn't vaccinated so his wife and him couldn't join a dinner we were at since they were trying for a kid around the time the vaccines rolled out, but was also allowed to go to work but korean cops also don't do anything significant half the time. like not even parking enforcement.)

edit 3 - oh there was also weird/silly things that were happening but also sorta made sense given the low infection rates.

like korean baseball teams still playing out their season, but in empty stadiums filled with plushies to simulate fans

or the time the korean soccer team in seoul did the same thing, but with sex dolls and then people realized they were sex dolls and the team had to apologize

or how there's these new masks that are just weird because they're half cloth/fabric and half plastic so you can see the mouth of the person who is speaking and its on all the tv shows where people are wearing a mask and it just looks silly/weird

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 11:38 on Aug 25, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mekchu posted:

i don't think the korean guy i'm thinking of (reverent/pator jun? jeon?) said the genocide bit

skooma512 posted:

free silicone thrills.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bastard Tetris posted:

I miss Long Beach, there were 2 really cool churches within walking distance from downtown that had poo poo like sanctuary for immigrants, clothed and fed people, and regularly helped in coalitions among progressive activists. Now I'm in an area where members of a local church were part of the petition to close down the only local soup kitchen that regularly fed people and had hot showers for the unhoused.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I am honestly fascinated at how the US’ response to the pandemic echoed to places like South Korea, thanks for the insight.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh yeah that lol

Bastard Tetris posted:

I am honestly fascinated at how the US’ response to the pandemic echoed to places like South Korea, thanks for the insight.

i mean, from the jump people were against the restrictions in korea. there were big rallies protesting against the government in february of 2020? and the whole shutdowns in korea didn't really hit until march or so.

some people just didn't care but that's also pretty normal regardless of context tbh.

edit -

there was this incident that happened pretty early on

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/jeju-island-south-korea-coronavirus-lawsuit-intl-hnk/index.html

quote:

The provincial government of Jeju Island, South Korea, is suing two women who visited the island on vacation despite the younger one having symptoms of coronavirus.

The pair have been identified as a mother, age 52, and her 19-year-old daughter, who had recently returned to her native South Korea from studying abroad in Boston.

The Seoul-based mother and daughter arrived on Jeju, which is a popular holiday destination for Koreans, on March 20 despite the fact that the daughter had been advised to self-quarantine upon her return to the country five days earlier, according to press release from the Jeju Provincial office.

The daughter began showing symptoms of coronavirus on March 21, the release said, but she and her mother remained on the island for four more days, having contact with an estimated 47 people at 20 locations.

Both mother and daughter tested positive for coronavirus at a public clinic after returning to their home in the Gangnam district of Seoul, according to the Gangnam-gu health office.

Jeju Province has filed a civil suit against the pair at Jeju District Court seeking damages of 132 million won ($107,000 USD). In addition to the municipal government, plaintiffs include two Jeju residents who have had to quarantine since interacting with the women and two businesses on the island that were forced to close.

“I hope to send a strong warning against actions that threaten the deadly struggle of the medical workers, the endeavor of the disease prevention workers, and the participation of our people in their fight against coronavirus,” Jeju Governor Won Hee-ryong said in a statement.

In the submitted complaint, Jeju province wrote that the daughter “had failed to uphold her duty as a member of the community.”

It also emphasized that the mother had “actively joined her daughter’s illegal activity, including providing funds for travel,” which is why she is also culpable.

As of April 5, the Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC) reported 94 new cases in South Korea, bringing the total number of cases to 10,156. There have been 177 deaths since the outbreak, and 6,325 people have recovered.

keeping in mind, the daughter (due to traveling internationally into the country) was mandated to be in quarantine for 14 days. and the mom and here were like 'eh gently caress it, let's go on vacation'

there was also a family that owned a convenience store at a big factory in the town i'm in that refused to quarantine after getting it (or maybe lied about not getting it? i forget), which spread the infection to factory workers causing the factory to shut down and then they were sued for violating quarantine protocols or something.

wasn't too abnormal as compared to the usa in ways

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 11:50 on Aug 25, 2023

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted posted:

I miss Long Beach, there were 2 really cool churches within walking distance from downtown that had poo poo like sanctuary for immigrants, clothed and fed people, and regularly helped in coalitions among progressive activists. Now I'm in an area where members of a local church were part of the petition to close down the only local soup kitchen that regularly fed people and had hot showers for the unhoused.

The LA/Orange County Long Beach? I went to undergrad around there so I have some pretty deep roots with sanctuary and activist groups there.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted posted:

Klein’s article in Vanity Fair was honestly a really good read, and a sobering one today. Coming off a 36 hour probe after a real poo poo post I made that just made a ton of drama for volunteer mods like Fosorb and Vox Nihil, we live in a weird time. I used to not give a poo poo about public perception because scientific truth used to win out, but the pandemic obviously killed that.

Anyways sorry for my shitpost, I’m gonna spend the next couple days in the lab cause believe it or not, there are bigger threats out there than novel respiratory pandemics. I’m a sicko and decided to fight them.

Bastard Tetris has issued a correction as of 11:57 on Aug 25, 2023

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Mekchu posted:

oh yeah that lol

It is weirdly comforting that every other western-ish country is reacting to the pandemic in similar ways

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bastard Tetris posted:

The LA/Orange County Long Beach? I went to undergrad around there so I have some pretty deep roots with sanctuary and activist groups there.
Yep, Small world! I went to CSULB for my BA too.
I miss the activist groups in that city since they were really good about coalition building and working together. Really helped radicalize me and realize the only way to get things done is solidarity and working with folks you may not agree with. Like there's a bunch of goofy aspects to trots, but damned if they weren't consistently showing up for poo poo.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted posted:

Yep, Small world! I went to CSULB for my BA too.
I miss the activist groups in that city since they were really good about coalition building and working together. Really helped radicalize me and realize the only way to get things done is solidarity and working with folks you may not agree with. Like there's a bunch of goofy aspects to trots, but damned if they weren't consistently showing up for poo poo.

gently caress yeah, I went to Whittier and learned to organize with you guys and most of the LA groups.

I obviously come off like a shithead to a lot of these groups but when it comes to stuff like vaccinating vulnerable populations I’m pretty good at what I do.

Bastard Tetris has issued a correction as of 12:18 on Aug 25, 2023

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lald, i read 'poster' as 'pastor' since i was reading an article about that korean pastor being an insane nutjob so that's where i got confused lmao

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

skooma512 posted:

Yeah same, it took 3 weeks to recover, I tried to come back after just 2 even with Pax, but the fatigue was still there by week 3

same, and this is what my whoop showed me as well.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Mekchu posted:

yes, but not in seoul so i can't speak to that other than stuff i heard from people up there. the only real shock was in march 2020 when people were less out and about on the streets where i lived (eg. people walking around and just enjoying the outdoors). restrictions were put in around that time and things were more or less ghost town where i was working but within 2 months or so things were back to chugging along with restrictions, like delivery drivers not interacting with you and leaving your food/parcel deliveries at your doorstep instead of handing them off to you (you'd get an automated message saying they're arriving and to not answer the door until they left etc.). public schools where i was did every other day in-class attendance (days you weren't meant to be in-person you'd do online), though that didn't apply to private after school academies. eating out was ok but you were restricted to 4 ppl per table/group that arrived at the restaurant, then it'd fluctuate to five or six, then back to four, so it got annoying and frustrating to deal with if you weren't actively aware of the changes. given the low outbreak rate in korea for i wanna say the first roughly half year, things weren't too bad and even after the big surges just resulted in public spaces having enforced mandates that have slowly all been rolled back (for the most part with a few exceptions like hospitals etc.)

i lived near the city that was the epicenter of the first major outbreak due to the shincheonji church people who went to china and came back and refused to quarantine (iirc they and others got in some serious trouble but specifics i'm spotty on). i never saw them out and about where i was, but i know there was a big protest by a different church group up in seoul people went to from my area which got them rightly chastised.

thanks. sounds very much like east coast USA, down to the pointless and arbitrary changes to rules that just left people frustrated and no better off. and religious shitheads that make everyone worse off. not so different at all...

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
By mid 2021 in Korea there were wildly fluctuating dumb as poo poo rules that just upset basically everyone for no actual protective or preventative value.

This was during the delta surge, and by this point the subway commutes that I was doing were becoming very crowded, back to 2019 levels.
Workers would go into the office with varying quality of masks and then remove them at their desks.
Groups of workers would go to lunch at restaurants and maybe split into groups of 4-6 depending on restrictions.

Then once everyone got infected in the following omicron wave, everyone has basically given up.
I am the only person I know of here that has not been infected still, and they don't remember I haven't been infected either lol.

No Fast Music Or Fast Running: COVID Rules In Seoul Force Gym-Goers To Slow Down

quote:

Gyms in the capital Seoul and other nearby areas are no longer allowed to play music faster than 120 beats per minute (the speed of "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen) during group fitness classes.

Treadmill speeds may not surpass 6 kilometers per hour (or 3 miles per hour).

The concern is that intense exercising, especially in a group setting, could increase the likelihood of stray respiratory droplets and that all the sweat-and-spit slinging could lead to more COVID-19 cases.

Some gym-goers are expressing frustration.

"Hardcore cardio has marked the start and end of my daily exercise routines, and now they want me to run slower, but they ask us to leave in two hours," Jang, an office worker who frequents the gym, told The Korea Herald. "What do they want from us? Does the government want me to get fat and give up our lifestyle for the sake of these dumb rules?"

Still, it's not hard to understand why health officials are concerned: the greater Seoul area has seen a marked increase in COVID-19 cases, hitting a record daily high this past weekend, according to the Yonhap News Agency. Stringent social distancing protocols have been implemented and will be in place for the next two weeks, with gatherings of more than two barred after 6 p.m., in a bid to get the situation under control.

Son Young-rae, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Health and Welfare, defended the new measures on Monday, according to the Herald. While acknowledging the effectiveness of masks, the Delta variant is more easily transmittable, he pointed out.

"When you run faster, you spit out more respiratory droplets, so that's why we are trying to restrict heavy cardio exercises," Son said.

That's one excuse to skip the gym, at least.

Gildiss has issued a correction as of 12:46 on Aug 25, 2023

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

no one should be punished for making GBS threads on spanish manlove posts, IDC how they do it unless they go full turtle or whatever

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Mekchu posted:

lald, i read 'poster' as 'pastor' since i was reading an article about that korean pastor being an insane nutjob so that's where i got confused lmao

Thanks a lot for the insight. It’ll be a while till I work in Korea for obvious reasons

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

looking up news about Bray Wyatt on Google News and it offers every possible autocomplete under the sun if you start typing "bray wyatt co" (except for *that one*) but the instant you put the "v" Google's like "man I dunno what you're trying to say??"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I don't even know Bray Wyatt but I immediately called it on a hidden bout of covid, my gf didn't believe me until the news broke.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

new study demonstrating infection effects on cellular-level energy production:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/scitranslmed.abq1533

that journal is gatekept so here's an NIH presser on the findings for those without subscriptions:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/sars-cov-2-can-cause-lasting-damage-cells-energy-production

NIH media people posted:

The team found that the expression of mitochondrial genes involved in energy production was suppressed in the nasopharynx during acute infection. This shifted cells into a state where they produced more of the substances the virus needs for replication. The researchers did not find this suppression in lung tissue samples taken after the virus had been cleared from the body.

Tissue samples taken during autopsies from the heart, kidney, liver, and lymph nodes continued to show suppression of these mitochondrial genes long after the virus had been cleared from the body. The reason for this continued suppression is unclear. In tandem with reduced mitochondrial function in these tissues, the researchers saw an upregulation of genes related to cellular stress.

“The continued dysfunction we observed in organs other than the lungs suggests that mitochondrial dysfunction could be causing long-term damage to the internal organs of these patients,” Wallace says.

The team next used hamsters and mice to track mitochondrial function over the entire course of infection with SARS-CoV-2. They saw similar results in these animal models. Mitochondrial energy production was suppressed in the lungs during early SARS-CoV-2 infection, then bounced back once the immune system brought the virus under control. During early infection, mitochondrial gene expression was altered in the brain even though no SARS-CoV-2 was detected there, consistent with a systemic response to the virus.

The researchers also found a potential new target for treatment. They found that SARS-CoV-2 boosted expression of a regulatory molecule called miR-2392. This, in turn, lowered expression of mitochondrial genes involved in energy production.

one additional upside is that this might be a phenomenon that underlies not just PASC but things like chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), so figuring out how to correct the problem could be a bigger win. now just to sell the MBA brains holding the money that it'd be worth doing...

speng31b
May 8, 2010

captainbananas posted:

no one should be punished for making GBS threads on spanish manlove posts, IDC how they do it unless they go full turtle or whatever

making GBS threads on posts is legal. Calling posts genocide is against the rules, unless you are able to provide sufficient evidence that the posts are actually genocide. I expect that would be a challenging argument to make in forums court.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gildiss posted:

By mid 2021 in Korea there were wildly fluctuating dumb as poo poo rules that just upset basically everyone for no actual protective or preventative value.

This was during the delta surge, and by this point the subway commutes that I was doing were becoming very crowded, back to 2019 levels.
Workers would go into the office with varying quality of masks and then remove them at their desks.
Groups of workers would go to lunch at restaurants and maybe split into groups of 4-6 depending on restrictions.

Then once everyone got infected in the following omicron wave, everyone has basically given up.
I am the only person I know of here that has not been infected still, and they don't remember I haven't been infected either lol.

No Fast Music Or Fast Running: COVID Rules In Seoul Force Gym-Goers To Slow Down

yeah more or less the same aside from coworkers removing masks where i was working.

the gym rules were weird and made zero sense half the time. doing judo/jiu jitsu was fine, so long as you wore a mask but doing calisthenics at the fitness gym was a no go.

edit - oh also there was a 'no cheering/shouting' as sports games but it was ok to attend them.

just weird poo poo by an administration that was trying hard not to gently caress up too badly ahead of an election that their lead candidate was totally a fuckwit (governor of gyeonggido province which is like everything around seoul who was embroiled in a real estate scam/scandal) to endorse in the first place.

Mekchu has issued a correction as of 13:17 on Aug 25, 2023

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
is this the av that boba had bought for herself and claimed someone else bought it? because lmao I think theres even more to the story

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SardonicTyrant posted:

I don't even know Bray Wyatt but I immediately called it on a hidden bout of covid, my gf didn't believe me until the news broke.

it wasn't a hidden bout of covid, he had a heart attack.

like...the heart issue he had that the heart attack stemmed from was due to covid, but that's not a hidden bout of covid? idk what you're trying to say here.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

speng31b posted:

making GBS threads on posts is legal. Calling posts genocide is against the rules, unless you are able to provide sufficient evidence that the posts are actually genocide. I expect that would be a challenging argument to make in forums court.

I think there was a bit of the exaggeration, given that genocide is literally not possible, and she was trying to express that the impact is disproportionately ablist, obviously.

Seems to be taken as "manipulation towards getting someone else banned"

Overall the thread is in a good place right now tho

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 13:21 on Aug 25, 2023

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

is this the av that boba had bought for herself and claimed someone else bought it? because lmao I think theres even more to the story

No that was on purpose

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mekchu posted:

like...the heart issue he had that the heart attack stemmed from was due to covid, but that's not a hidden bout of covid? idk what you're trying to say here.
It's a hidden bout because the case of covid he had was only disclosed after he died, and months after he caught it.

"The five palm exploding heart technique ain't poo poo. Wow I can't believe I dropped dead in the middle of a light jog"

SardonicTyrant has issued a correction as of 13:20 on Aug 25, 2023

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Harold Fjord posted:

I think there was a bit of the exaggeration, given that genocide is literally not possible, and she was trying to express that the impact is disproportionately ablist, obviously.

But when the wrong people use exaggerated language on a comedy site it's a threat to us all

right speech has been a fundamental part of this site since its inception. it is the first part of lowtax's noble eightfold path and i plead that you sit with that.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Insanite posted:

right speech has been a fundamental part of this site since its inception. it is the first part of lowtax's noble eightfold path and i plead that you sit with that.
We are like the shitposter who shits and then lives in our own poo poo.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm just glad we are all healing

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Mekchu posted:

VomitOnLino posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1694865077621359086

Very cool. Just the most normal things...
Also needing "permission" to talk about COVID... lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

omw to check unread posts in this thread

yup that's posts