Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Their first guest is Deshaun Watson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

watching this will be a pleasant form of euthanasia

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

smgdh

Dudes trying to be Joe Flacco without the charisma when Joe Flacco was already Joe Flacco without the charisma

https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1412823276334764034?s=20

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

kiimo posted:

I have this ever so slight twitch in my eye and it's the almost subconscious GOD I hope Matt Nagy isn't actually dogshit at being OC and Reid / Mahomes overcomes all that

I 100% believe that Nagy is going to get a job as an HC next season. Some owner is going to convince themselves that Nagy looked good going 34-31 over 4 seasons with 2 playoff appearances despite the QB situation.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

I have this ever so slight twitch in my eye and it's the almost subconscious GOD I hope Matt Nagy isn't actually dogshit at being OC and Reid / Mahomes overcomes all that

Nagy was OC in 2018 when Mahomes went 5000/50 and got his first MVP

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

D-LINK posted:

TFF says this every year. Their roster, bc of QB on a rookie contract, might be the best in the division this year

The Bengals also have a QB on a rookie contract, tho?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
n: anthony richardson taunted the eagles with the fly eagles fly gesture after the colts scored

v: he did not score the touchdown he taunted after, and he completed 35% of his passes on the night

lmao

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

n: anthony richardson taunted the eagles with the fly eagles fly gesture after the colts scored

v: he did not score the touchdown he taunted after, and he completed 35% of his passes on the night

lmao

That makes it better IMO.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Soul Glo posted:

lmao

It was the most Anthony Richardson rear end stat line ever.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
that's the AR that CFB people know and love/hate

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Soul Glo posted:

lmao

All of this objectively owns

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Nagy was OC in 2018 when Mahomes went 5000/50 and got his first MVP

I...don't think this is true? Pretty sure Nagy's last year was Mahomes' rookie year. But it was easily Alex Smith's best year in Nagy's defense.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MrLogan posted:

The Bengals also have a QB on a rookie contract, tho?

Burrow's extension is pretty much an Any Day Now thing. I think the Steelers roster improvement alone is enough to ensure they don't finish 4th.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Steelers absolutely buried the Bills' starters this preseason to the point where McDermott is having Allen start tomorrow's game just to get the bad taste out of BuffaloMs mouths.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

lmao

Lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

The Steelers absolutely buried the Bills' starters this preseason to the point where McDermott is having Allen start tomorrow's game just to get the bad taste out of BuffaloMs mouths.

Read this as Buffalo Moms. Immediately starting singing Buuuuuffalo Moms won't you come out tonight won't you come out tonight won't you come out tonight

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

D-LINK posted:

Burrow's extension is pretty much an Any Day Now thing. I think the Steelers roster improvement alone is enough to ensure they don't finish 4th.

fsif posted:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I...don't think this is true? Pretty sure Nagy's last year was Mahomes' rookie year. But it was easily Alex Smith's best year in Nagy's defense.

and he had a leading rusher in Kareem Hunt. I think Nagy is going to be fine.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If Watson plays like he did last year the Steelers are definitely better than Cleveland

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a lot of problems in that Bears job, some were definitely Nagy's fault, some weren't, but I've always felt he's one of those guys who'll be significantly better in his second shot at HC.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I could also see Nagy just settle in and wait for Reid to retire and get the Chiefs job to coast to championships in Mahomes' 30s

edit: this was my prediction for Kafka actually but he's gone

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Huh?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1695214535076901374

The amount of takes it will generate is gonna be sick but this makes no sense to me.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 26, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh man I hope Dak struggles this year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh poo poo. That’s interesting because it makes no sense at all.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ReggieEvans30/status/317747322010357760

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It makes sense for the Cowboys if you consider that Lance is projecting as a career backup I guess

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1695215406993056070?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hhhhhhuh. That is not how I saw that going.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

More than they were offered before the draft :lol:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

cowboys got fleeced

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For the Cowboys: you can get out of Dak's contract in 2025 I guess if you want to badly enough. Down to 36 million in dead money then. You're stuck either way until then it seems.

For Trey Lance: well, I guess you get to sit on the bench for another couple of years unless something goes wrong. For all the hate he gets from some (I kinda like him) Dak is at the very least not bad enough to bench for the mystery box.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 26, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

what a waste of draft capital

i'll let you decide who i am talking about

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He will definitely get reps this way. Dak will be out for weeks every season until they cut him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think it's terrible to take a flyer on him but they gave up too much when they had to take on his money too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

For the Cowboys: you can get out of Dak's contract in 2025 I guess if you want to badly enough. Down to 36 million in dead money then. You're stuck either way until then it seems.

For Trey Lance: well, I guess you get to sit on the bench for another couple of years unless something goes wrong.

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1695216581607833802

People are going to see all this and think it means good things for Lance, I'm seeing all this and thinking a) if they get rid of Dak they were getting rid of him regardless, and b) they think Lance is going to help them tank in that scenario for an actual draft pick

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This has nothing to do with Dak. I'm imagine it's very unlikely that the Cowboys think they are trading for a guy who is going to ever replace Dak. It's just an asset.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1695216581607833802

People are going to see all this and think it means good things for Lance, I'm seeing all this and thinking a) if they get rid of Dak they were getting rid of him regardless, and b) they think Lance is going to help them tank in that scenario for an actual draft pick

I guess if you really want to you can do that in 2024, but that seems like a lot of dead cap to eat.

So yeah, a tanking scenario seems the only way that happens.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jerry jones just said this is the quarterback of the future on espn.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

what a waste of draft capital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Jerry Jones would probably murder someone who uttered the word "tank."