Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I got quite a few new pieces because a lot of my gear was bad.

According to my achievement list I have now done caverns 40 times, and 21 of those would have been from this event. I had a lot of purples still in use. Now I'm down to 4 purples across my built characters, and 3 of those are planar ornaments. My upcoming Clara and Sushang still need upgrades, but they just need work generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i got like a billion superfluous speed boots for hackerspace/longevous lol, i guess they'll be useful for future supports though

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think anything currently has more than 20% resist against QUA so that team will probably do pretty well. even if they add a new elite/boss with 40%+ you can match them up against the other side instead.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Detheros posted:

I'm gonna get Fu Xuan because putting Qingque on a team with her boss is funny to me.

Also she's cute.

My partner is short with pink hair, so Fu Xuan is a natural pick.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Are there any cases where flat HP, ATK, DEF is good on gear?

I'm just assuming I just salvage any gear with 2+ of them

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

DontMindMe posted:

Are there any cases where flat HP, ATK, DEF is good on gear?

I'm just assuming I just salvage any gear with 2+ of them

They're better than random completely useless stats (like break effect on a healer, for example). I definitely wouldn't auto-trash because of them. It's extremely, extremely rare to get three actual desired stats as substats on the same piece of gear, so two being less good is not instant trash.

From a more mechanical perspective, I believe that flat stats actually get added to the character's base stats before multipliers. So, if for example your ATK% is already extremely high, it's conceivable that flat attack might do more for you than more ATK%.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 26, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I will auto-trash anything with two flat non-speed stats though, unless it's literally my only option

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Zurai posted:

They're better than random completely useless stats (like break effect on a healer, for example). I definitely wouldn't auto-trash because of them. It's extremely, extremely rare to get three actual desired stats as substats on the same piece of gear, so two being less good is not instant trash.

From a more mechanical perspective, I believe that flat stats actually get added to the character's base stats before multipliers. So, if for example your ATK% is already extremely high, it's conceivable that flat attack might do more for you than more ATK%.

Flat stats are after multipliers so they only really make sense at low base numbers. 2 Flat is generally bad but 1 Flat is could be alright.

Speed being the exception obviously but that i smore about the small base number for that again..

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mile'ionaha posted:

My partner is short with pink hair, so Fu Xuan is a natural pick.

is your partner Sarah Wiedenheft?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

JT Jag posted:

Aaand it's official, I've spent every single doubled caverns of corrosion run just running the electricity/shield cavern for the specific purpose of getting a Crit Hit Jing Yuan chestpiece (any at all regardless of substats, I have absolutely no 5-star ones) and one never dropped

Sure did get like 10 different defense main stat lightning chestpieces though. And hey my Gepard has never been better equipped

Same. Not only that, I also need a hat and did not get anything good there either. The lightning relic thing is making me into a conspiracy theorist believing either:
Stats are nudged away from what the set would want to increase farming
Stats are nudged toward a set but somehow the DEF and Lightning set got switched.

So many flawless DPS stuff for the def set and def stuff for the lightning set.

Edit:
Lightning 5* chests:
1x Atk% (bad secondary stats)
1x Crit Damage (bad secondary stats + need crit rate more than damage)
3x Effect Hit Rate
3x HP%
4x Def%
3x Outgoing Healing

Def 5* chests:
5x Def%
8x Atk%
2x Crit Damage
3x HP
1x Outgoing Healing
1x Effect Hit Rate

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 26, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Futaba Anzu posted:

i mostly said that since i feel people have been saying the opposite of original post being that the team would be 'the one team to rule them all' because it's not like the combination of seele/qq, silverwolf, lynx, fu xuan is necessarily that coherent with each other. it''ll still be a strong team of course off of the mono type and the fact that you'd be fielding 2-3 strong 5 stars though

If Fu Xuan requires Lynx to work then she's useless imo.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Her original kit needed a healer alongside her, since they removed all damage from her kit she works entirely solo.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh there is that, I did get all of the bis tank gear I could ever possibly want trying to get one dang chest piece for Taffy

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Detheros posted:

I'm gonna get Fu Xuan because [...] she's cute.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

Nope, they would actually be worth using in some cases if that was how they worked. Flat sources are all added together and applied after all other calcs as a lump +number to your total outbound damage.

So if you had a total of +100 flat damage from a handful of different substats, and your skill/attack/whatever is about to deal 10,000 damage, it will deal 10,100 instead.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Clarste posted:

If Fu Xuan requires Lynx to work then she's useless imo.

well regardless at current a seele, qq, sw, fuxuan team is still not inherently super synergistic, just a fun team based on just being mono quantum, right

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pain of Mind posted:

Same. Not only that, I also need a hat and did not get anything good there either. The lightning relic thing is making me into a conspiracy theorist believing either:
Stats are nudged away from what the set would want to increase farming
Stats are nudged toward a set but somehow the DEF and Lightning set got switched.

So many flawless DPS stuff for the def set and def stuff for the lightning set.

Edit:
Lightning 5* chests:
1x Atk% (bad secondary stats)
1x Crit Damage (bad secondary stats + need crit rate more than damage)
3x Effect Hit Rate
3x HP%
4x Def%
3x Outgoing Healing

Def 5* chests:
5x Def%
8x Atk%
2x Crit Damage
3x HP
1x Outgoing Healing
1x Effect Hit Rate

would it make you feel better or worse knowing you're right but that you on average seem to have gotten a pretty rare result? main and substats actually do have variable rates based on user gathered data, and weirdly it turns out that outgoing healing may be one of the least common main stats which you got a good handful of lol

on a person to person level it's all subject to bad or good patches of true rng. conversely, i got like 5 crit lightning chest pieces before i even got a single attack chest for kafka

e: a fun thought experiment that is surely not toxic and debilitating as gently caress to think about if you wanted to maintain conspiracy theories is thinking maybe that every account's rng is personalized according to cosmic luck and/or another set of algorhythm rng that dictates whether your account is fated to be good rng or not

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 26, 2023

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

is your partner Sarah Wiedenheft?

Upon analysis, they seem to have a lot in common, but no.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

You know what, I'll take it. Fireblazer can stay hanging out around 3500DEF. Guess I'm building JY now (Kafka already has an ATK% piece).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I now need to go through all of my relics and finish narrowing my teams. I'm constantly messing with my teams. Welt, Asta and Luocha are the only ones who haven't moved. I guess technically Dan Heng as well. I have so many Imaginary pieces and only 1 Welt, it's going to take a while to narrow everything down.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Gotta say, I enjoyed the game a lot more when I was unreasonably lucky.

FTP here, but between pulling these two and losing 50/50 on the SW banner I'm up to E2 with Bailu. Got two Nats in two pulls just before this too, taking me up to Nat E...10.

Sitting at 70 pity with no guarantee in prep for Fu Xuan, but at this rate I'll probably lose the 50/50 and pull Bailu E3 and Lynx E6 on the way back up. Not mad, my pulls have been great on the whole. Just crazy how much the game seems to want me to have healers.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Congrats but also what the hell :psyduck:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
My standard banner luck has been pretty bad, you have 3 more 5* and 4 more 4* with 7 more pulls than I have and I am not close to pity. At least my character banner has been pretty lucky, I guess that is more important.

Also, what setup is better for JY:
2292 atk, 128 spd, 45% crit rate, 140.8% crit damage 4* lightning set but missing the 15% damage from the salsotto set (I guess I could switch to the Space Sealing Station set if I have anything good sitting around?)
2529 atk, 133 spd, 65% crit rate, 85.1% crit damage 2* lightning 2* Wild Wheat

Most of my relics are at 12, so I guess I can see if I get lucky and get another few hits of crit rate for the lightning set, but I do not think the odds are in my favor to reach 50%.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 26, 2023

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

blizzardvizard posted:

Congrats but also what the hell :psyduck:

Thank you for understanding the feeling. I think everything began to go wrong around the time I started rifling through trash cans.

Pain of Mind posted:

My standard banner luck has been pretty bad, you have 3 more 5* and 4 more 4* with 7 more pulls than I have and I am not close to pity. At least my character banner has been pretty lucky, I guess that is more important.
[...]
Oh, yeah, your character banner is pretty much guaranteed to be better than mine! Soft pity every time there, everything evens out somehow.

The standard banner pulls were honestly really helpful near the start of the game (especially when Welt was the only Imaginary character), but as the lifespan of the game goes on pretty much every player will pick up most of the standard banner 5-stars I guess? Character banner luck is probably better in the long run, so I think you're set up well.

Re: JY, how far away are you from 50%? Would JY's A6 trace push you over after using his Skill?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

free Trapt CD posted:

Re: JY, how far away are you from 50%? Would JY's A6 trace push you over after using his Skill?

Yea, it should, since it is at ~ 45 for skills. Problem solved I guess. With just feels to go by and no math, switching to the lightning set feels like it upped his DPS quite a bit.

Edit: Changed answer since I misread the question

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 26, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

gonna be nice when they up the stamina cap to 240 so during the two weeks at the end of every battle pass after its maxed, I can just log after a full 24 hours and not fear losing out

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

GateOfD posted:

gonna be nice when they up the stamina cap to 240 so during the two weeks at the end of every battle pass after its maxed, I can just log after a full 24 hours and not fear losing out

is that something that's been announced?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

padijun posted:

is that something that's been announced?
Not ONLY has the cap being raised to 240 been announced, but they're also adding an extra, *second* energy cap, where if you go over 240 it starts filling a reserve (albeit at a slower rate than it does normally)

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
and genshin is still at 160/20hrs, lol

Kale
May 14, 2010

padijun posted:

and genshin is still at 160/20hrs, lol

I have like 85 fragile Resin still so this stuff has never mattered to me. Just never had a resin issue in 3 years.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Ok

Kale
May 14, 2010

Its just interesting to hear this is such a recurring issue for people but I just seem to have a drastically different approach to these games than the standard one anyway so.....

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Finally doing an elation run with Clara, Blade, March. Blade next to clara, gets hit by some aoe damage while Clara has march's shield leading to a blade counter, svarog counter, and march counter in rapid succession is really fun.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Kale posted:

Its just interesting to hear this is such a recurring issue for people but I just seem to have a drastically different approach to these games than the standard one anyway so.....

Regardless of personally finding it an "issue", why does the years-old game with significantly more involved gameplay have such an unfriendly stamina mechanic? 20hr stamina cycle with the ability to bank ~one day's worth at a time assuming you've blown time stockpiling the materials that let you. I login once at night so I'm not even hitting this from the angle of minmax frustration, everyone should be seeing that their stagnant system just sucks and should be moving closer to HSR's.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

haypliss posted:

Regardless of personally finding it an "issue", why does the years-old game with significantly more involved gameplay have such an unfriendly stamina mechanic? 20hr stamina cycle with the ability to bank ~one day's worth at a time assuming you've blown time stockpiling the materials that let you. I login once at night so I'm not even hitting this from the angle of minmax frustration, everyone should be seeing that their stagnant system just sucks and should be moving closer to HSR's.

Stamina systems in these sorts of games rarely change unless there is a perceived need for it.

Likely HSR is changing theirs because once you clean out your quest log and hit your weekly caps, stamina capped content is literally all you have.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GateOfD posted:

not really interested in these, other than the trash can

god drat loving poo poo don't do this to me my wallet can't take any more

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Yea in Genshin, after you use your stamina…there’s like entire continents to still farm things that actually matter.
You can attempt to farm things in Star Rail off mobs, but it’s all junk for crafting consumables. In genshin you can world farm artifact mats and “trace” mats for free which can take 2~ hours a day if you really wanna go for it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I have a Clara I'm in the process of building and I'm wondering if I can get away with not building March. I have a Gepard, that's practically as good right

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

UHD posted:

Stamina systems in these sorts of games rarely change unless there is a perceived need for it.

Likely HSR is changing theirs because once you clean out your quest log and hit your weekly caps, stamina capped content is literally all you have.

I see the crystalfly trap as another resin tweak, though it still has limitations like the initial cap/condensed changes. The fact that it gives you fully-idle ability to save 600 resin a week is fine though. Genshin content can be exhausted as well, so I don't think it'd be the only or largest reason. For whatever reason, Genshin team doesn't want to just expand to a 24hr cap.

GateOfD posted:

Yea in Genshin, after you use your stamina…there’s like entire continents to still farm things that actually matter.
You can attempt to farm things in Star Rail off mobs, but it’s all junk for crafting consumables. In genshin you can world farm artifact mats and “trace” mats for free which can take 2~ hours a day if you really wanna go for it

Genshin overworld farming is no different from farming maps and SU in HSR. You get a trickle of exp and money/mats, but you will always need to spend TP for significant upgrades. Both games also have hidden caps on some of this farming anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

JT Jag posted:

I have a Clara I'm in the process of building and I'm wondering if I can get away with not building March. I have a Gepard, that's practically as good right

Gepard will draw aggro away from Clara while March throws the aggro onto Clara with her shield. Though you can mitigate that by being careful which light cone you give Gepard (a few of them give him extra aggro).