Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm still surprised the game icon for Sea of Stars is going to be the Trump mugshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Uhh... Sorry for bringing SoS up. Didn't realize there was weird stuff going on with the devs. I remember seeing a teaser for it ages ago and thought it looked really cool then got it mixed up with Chained Echoes when that came out and forgot about it until I saw it releasing soon and got pumped.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It's probably fine tbh

Well except for the bit where you have to interfere with a cosmic election in the mid game due to deep space corruption

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Upsidads posted:

So indie side who's the coolest dev team? Toby Fox?
Supergiant.
Runner up in the category of "really stretching the definition of bideo james": Leonardo Laguna Ruiz

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 25, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I started to make a "storming Peach's castle" joke, but you know drat well there's going to be some Call of Duty or Rainbow Six game that's gonna have a January 6 level/setpiece.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ragequit posted:

I hope this is a joke, because that's a yikes otherwise.

Have they announced how much the game is going to cost?

It is a joke.

Also the game is $35 but is coming at launch to both Playstation and X-Box game passes so if you play either it's probably better to grab it there.

Kyoujin posted:

Uhh... Sorry for bringing SoS up. Didn't realize there was weird stuff going on with the devs. I remember seeing a teaser for it ages ago and thought it looked really cool then got it mixed up with Chained Echoes when that came out and forgot about it until I saw it releasing soon and got pumped.

People are joking around. 100% that stuff is not in the game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kyoujin posted:

Chained Echoes is very good. I got distracted with new releases (way too many solid games out right now) as soon as I opened up world travel and a bunch of side quests.

Jokes aside, SoS looks really good as well. The character designs and battle styles are rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7fZHofRNE

I asked a cost layup question for the jokes, but it's actually going to be $35 at release.

Edit: Beaten on the actual price

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 25, 2023

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

It is a joke.

Also the game is $35 but is coming at launch to both Playstation and X-Box game passes so if you play either it's probably better to grab it there.

People are joking around. 100% that stuff is not in the game.

Awww really, no Trump mugshot? There goes my only reason for buying!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Read After Burning posted:

I started to make a "storming Peach's castle" joke, but you know drat well there's going to be some Call of Duty or Rainbow Six game that's gonna have a January 6 level/setpiece.

Press F to tase balls

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's a website now that automatically compiled all the games made with Game Builder Garage. It's in Japanese but otherwise seems fine.

You'd think this wouldn't be a big deal but Nintendo didn't have a way to actually find games made with GBG so...

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

B33rChiller posted:

Supergiant.
Runner up in the category of "really stretching the definition of bideo james": Leonardo Laguna Ruiz

Supergiant are great. Team Cherry surely if they still exist.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The stardew dev seems like a good person

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The Legend of Grimrock devs are rad. I remember a story where a single player hit them up in the Steam forums. They said they were disabled and loved playing games, and that adding some feature (custom control scheme I think?) would make the game much more accessible. The devs added it immediately and said something to the effect of "If adding a feature helps at least one person, it's always worth it."

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Terraria

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The best indie devs are the guys who made Yoku’s Island Express and then followed it up with a painting app for the Switch.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Read After Burning posted:

When you're a celebrity they let you do it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Blasphemous 2 chat:

Man I've killed four bosses and have uncovered 40 percent of the map and haven't gotten many health or atk upgrades at all...wonder if I just missed stuff? I've unlocked some skill tree stuff but as far as I can see that doesn't improve atk most of the time and it certainly does nothing for my HP or def. Only got one rosary slot too though I have at least managed to pick up a nice amount of spells

Enemies are starting to hit for like half my health in new areas lmao and I'm clearly in the mid game now. I haven't found a way to upgrade my flask potency like in the first game so my mere three flasks don't top me off all that much. Maybe I'll poke around earlier areas for a bit before pushing forward to the next goal.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I screwed up my save in Blasphemous 1 by brute forcing my way to the DLC boss too early. I'll get back to the game on a new file eventually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Blasphemous 2 chat:

Man I've killed four bosses and have uncovered 40 percent of the map and haven't gotten many health or atk upgrades at all...wonder if I just missed stuff? I've unlocked some skill tree stuff but as far as I can see that doesn't improve atk most of the time and it certainly does nothing for my HP or def. Only got one rosary slot too though I have at least managed to pick up a nice amount of spells

Enemies are starting to hit for like half my health in new areas lmao and I'm clearly in the mid game now. I haven't found a way to upgrade my flask potency like in the first game so my mere three flasks don't top me off all that much. Maybe I'll poke around earlier areas for a bit before pushing forward to the next goal.

You've certainly missed stuff. If you've already got all three weapons you can go and find a lot of stuff in the earlier areas.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Fair point, yep got all three weapons. I did uncover a cool area below the main town that I haven't gone back to because stuff hit kinda hard. But I think the new stuff hits harder so I'm gonna go scope that and other open routes first.

All three weapons are great, I dunno it I have a favorite one yet because they all have some cool effects. Flail is crazy as expected but the daggers and blade have their own movesets that come in handy. Oh yeah their elemental poo poo is dope too though I wish the fire on the flail lasted longer

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Was blasphemous 2 the horrible sequel to a great first game or am I thinking of salt and sac

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Meowywitch posted:

Was blasphemous 2 the horrible sequel to a great first game or am I thinking of salt and sac

Salt and Sac, Blasphemous 2 just came out and is getting generally good reviews

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Ragequit posted:

The Legend of Grimrock devs are rad. I remember a story where a single player hit them up in the Steam forums. They said they were disabled and loved playing games, and that adding some feature (custom control scheme I think?) would make the game much more accessible. The devs added it immediately and said something to the effect of "If adding a feature helps at least one person, it's always worth it."

IIRC the change was having directional buttons on the screen that you could click on to move/turn.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Fair point, yep got all three weapons. I did uncover a cool area below the main town that I haven't gone back to because stuff hit kinda hard. But I think the new stuff hits harder so I'm gonna go scope that and other open routes first.

All three weapons are great, I dunno it I have a favorite one yet because they all have some cool effects. Flail is crazy as expected but the daggers and blade have their own movesets that come in handy. Oh yeah their elemental poo poo is dope too though I wish the fire on the flail lasted longer

If you haven't yet try experimenting with the various Favors. Specific combinations of them give special abilities and if you equip two of the same 'type' (in the same section of the menu) they'll give you a strong passive buff to one of the weapons instead.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
The Gettysburg goon convinced me to buy ultimate general Gettysburg. So far it seems somewhat easy but it might be because it’s the early confederate battles. Maybe it’s historical to spawncamp the union on the third map. The atmosphere is great, however.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kyoujin posted:

Holy crap Sea of Stars releases in less than a week.

I just saw a trailer to this and it looks absolutely gorgeous! I think it's on gamepass tho so I'll play it in that.

Also, too many games to play.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, it's on Gamepass. I think they announced that after you got to pick what version of the game you wanted, so you had some people asking to change from XBox.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Star posted:

The Gettysburg goon convinced me to buy ultimate general Gettysburg. So far it seems somewhat easy but it might be because it’s the early confederate battles. Maybe it’s historical to spawncamp the union on the third map. The atmosphere is great, however.

i have this and Civil War. ai gets much harder haha, esoecially if you put on a higher difficulty. also Ultimate General Civil War rules and has loads of added features and its persistent campaign is amazing.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sally posted:

i have this and Civil War. ai gets much harder haha, esoecially if you put on a higher difficulty. also Ultimate General Civil War rules and has loads of added features and its persistent campaign is amazing.

I’m a bit confused by the controls though because the tutorial is very basic and there is no manual for the switch version. What does fortify do?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Star posted:

I’m a bit confused by the controls though because the tutorial is very basic and there is no manual for the switch version. What does fortify do?

https://youtu.be/-6D76O9_VWM?si=duK6pnibesJftLio

their channel has some useful vids. absolutely learn fortify or your men will die like dogs

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sally posted:

https://youtu.be/-6D76O9_VWM?si=duK6pnibesJftLio

their channel has some useful vids. absolutely learn fortify or your men will die like dogs

Is this valid also for Gettysburg then?

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
Vampire Survivor, after game 1:

“That sucked. Wonder if this is my thing. At least I only wasted a few bucks.”

Vampire Survivor, after game I lost count:

“Okay, concentrated too much on buffs. Might need to go more for projectiles and damage boosting in order to keep ahead of the HP race. I’ll buy the next character and see how that goes.”

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I bought and played a couple rounds of Whisker Squadron: Survivor. Pretty good so far.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Well I spent pretty much a day playing vampire survivor

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
In Vampire Survivor I just finished a game where I became a garlic-spewing halitosis god with a magic machine gun surrounded by four spinning bibles and a bird firing anime lasers.

GOTY

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pendragon posted:

In Vampire Survivor I just finished a game where I became a garlic-spewing halitosis god with a magic machine gun surrounded by four spinning bibles and a bird firing anime lasers.

GOTY

Only four bibles? :smug:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pendragon posted:

GOTY

Which bird?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First one, then t'other

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

Mr.Acula posted:

Only four bibles? :smug:

I had everything as upgraded as it could get. Should I assume I can only evolve so many items on a playthrough?

Edit: oh right, the dozens of ways to increase projectile counts. My count was too small don’t judge :(

Len posted:

Which bird?

Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Pendragon posted:

I had everything as upgraded as it could get. Should I assume I can only evolve so many items on a playthrough?

Edit: oh right, the dozens of ways to increase projectile counts. My count was too small don’t judge :(

Black

No limit to the number of items you can evolve :hellyeah: