Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hey guys remember wormgods? haha yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think I killed one of those :v:

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
A lot of exotic changes over the past few months, and I have a backlog of dungeons/raids to work through. After the Starfire "tone-down", what are the best options for pairing with Well of Radiance at the moment?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So how does the new craftable DMT work?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

1st run any difficulty, you get the gun and can extract the pattern for crafting (you only need one pattern).

Each time you complete presage you get an upgrade for the intrinsic perk that also unlocks a column of selectable perks (including 1st run). If you do 3 runs (which will get you all 3 sets of dialogue), you'll get all the upgrades.

Complete presage on the higher difficulty to get the catalyst.

Look up on reddit what the meta rolls are and go with those unless you have strong feelings about any particular perks.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'm assuming the stuff like CALUS only drops on legend? I've run Presage like 4 times and only ever get the old season weapons.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Anecdotally I got Beloved from a normal run, and my brother's missus got Austringer so I think it may just be the desire filter playing up again.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So I know Green Banner Titan is the new hotness, but I've been running Behemoth with Wicked Implement and its new catalyst rework and I'm here to say it's really fun to use!

I've been running Diamond Lance, along with the Lance Cap for the improved version, and Tectonic Harvest, along with Whisper of Rime (for healing and shields), Fissures and Shards (for bigger crystal explosions and recharge on grenades), and Rending (so that it takes only one shot from Wicked Implement to break a crystal). I also have Whisper of Conduction but since Tithing Harvest can bring shards from across the map it's mostly for the stat ups.

With Headstone and the improved Diamond Lances making stasis crystals, that I'm then exploding with WI I'm constantly being refilled on ammo and getting my health back all the while clearing out waves of adds from the crystal explosions. Ran it with Ice Wall grenade and between the increased recharge from Fissures and melee energy gain from ice shards my abilities were always being kept full.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Re: Strand Banner Titan, y'all should try it with Age-Old Bond with Repulsor + Destablizing. It's... very silly. I've got a setup right now with Strand / Void dual siphon, Woven Mail on orb pickup, and Repulsor + Destablizing Age-Old. Plus Strongholds and Lament. It's absolutely absurd, you fire Age-Old into a bunch of red bars to explode them into purple mist and get overshield, grab the orbs for Woven Mail, then go sword / punch something to get your healing pulse going. Congratulations, you're an unstoppable monster :v:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

every hunter in pvp is wearing the same exotic. Knucklehead Radar, so I vote we remove the overshield of One Eyed Mask and just mark targets. Fair right?

The uptime of that exotic is insane.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Re: Strand Banner Titan, y'all should try it with Age-Old Bond with Repulsor + Destablizing. It's... very silly. I've got a setup right now with Strand / Void dual siphon, Woven Mail on orb pickup, and Repulsor + Destablizing Age-Old. Plus Strongholds and Lament. It's absolutely absurd, you fire Age-Old into a bunch of red bars to explode them into purple mist and get overshield, grab the orbs for Woven Mail, then go sword / punch something to get your healing pulse going. Congratulations, you're an unstoppable monster :v:

There’s a new sword this season that has Repulsor + Destabilizing and it’s amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mill Village posted:

There’s a new sword this season that has Repulsor + Destabilizing and it’s amazing.

Shame it is not craftable :smith:.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Bungie occasionally slips in objectives just to make players loving hate each other for playing the game normally and the generate orbs challenge this week is absolutely one of those.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Waroduce posted:

Banner Titan (New, Updated 2023, Green Version)
Been using it with Severance Enclosure. A finisher or powered melee in a group of trash results in a big explosion that jacks you up to 4x Banner instantly.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Anecdotally I got Beloved from a normal run, and my brother's missus got Austringer so I think it may just be the desire filter playing up again.

Had a Drang drop for me.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Kith posted:

hey guys remember wormgods? haha yeah

They really need to lengthen wormgod's buff, I found it hard to have it still up and proc'd by the time I punched my way through thralls (where the buff doesn't matter) to get to yellow bars. Considering it barely gives more juice than synthos at this point its absurd how much harder it is to use. Echoing the Banner of War love though, nice for the melee class to actually get a viable endgame-level melee build.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Sestze posted:

Been using it with Severance Enclosure. A finisher or powered melee in a group of trash results in a big explosion that jacks you up to 4x Banner instantly.

well ok now I have to try this, anything that lets me use severance enclosure is S tier

e: upon investigation this will do nicely yes

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 26, 2023

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

DancingShade posted:

After seeing what happened to Eris now I want to see a resurrected Savathun lose a bit of the hive magic and magic morph into a more human-ish shape.

No real reason, I just think it would be neat and make people speculate a lot.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Pioneer42 posted:

A lot of exotic changes over the past few months, and I have a backlog of dungeons/raids to work through. After the Starfire "tone-down", what are the best options for pairing with Well of Radiance at the moment?

Starfire. Still does a ton of damage, and gives you 2 double exploding grenades. Sunbracers works in lower level stuff when you can get melee kills. If you are running a trace rifle, Cenotaph Mask.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Aqua Dracula posted:

They really need to lengthen wormgod's buff, I found it hard to have it still up and proc'd by the time I punched my way through thralls (where the buff doesn't matter) to get to yellow bars. Considering it barely gives more juice than synthos at this point its absurd how much harder it is to use. Echoing the Banner of War love though, nice for the melee class to actually get a viable endgame-level melee build.

Wormgods needs to either give stacks on Melee Hit instead of Melee Kill or give stacks on Any Kill instead of Melee Kill. Both options would drastically increase its accessibility and uptime, and that's really all it needs.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

aledesma posted:

lol Warlock aspect got disabled
Tends to happen when you can abuse an aspect to remain invulnerable while killing people. :v:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Thorn needs a catalyst that gives it +20 range and strand. 34 range is awful.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

thorn does not need a god drat thing

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Thorn already crits on everything from the waist up. I don’t know what could be added that wouldn’t make it op

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Turkey Farts posted:

Thorn already crits on everything from the waist up. I don’t know what could be added that wouldn’t make it op

Thorn dagger bullets are thick as hell

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Turkey Farts posted:

It has the range of a pea shooter.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

yes and that's the only thing keeping it from dominating the meta

again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Thorn is never going to be top after the second half of D1 Y1

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

thorn was king for a good chunk of time because the DOT prevented recovery and allowing easy tracking

when handcannons dominated pvp it was top dog along ace (because it's a wad of stats) and last word (because it's also a wad of stats)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Buff thorn with a catalyst but you take triple damage from the last word.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Only answer is to remove PvP from the game, then buff Thorn.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mesadoram posted:

Only answer is to remove PvP from the game, then buff Thorn.

:hmmyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Increase thorns range and decrease its Aim assist.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

The dark ages

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

haveblue posted:

Two tap and walk away :allears:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

Increase thorns range and decrease its Aim assist.

We don’t need another Lemon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Me, to god, every day

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

It really is indescribable what a shitshow Trials is. Actively and incessantly infuriating. Players suck SO. HARD. Joke's on me though for playing it I guess.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dear Destiny YouTubers: please stop making videos about Lucky Pants, Bungie does not need to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Firebert posted:

Dear Destiny YouTubers: please stop making videos about Lucky Pants, Bungie does not need to know

I think they know, they're the ones that made it.

They're almost certainly gonna fix the interaction with Malfesance and Overload Hand Cannons, cause that's a bug, but they're not gonna nerf Lucky Pants, it's fully balanced by its massive cooldown.