Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1695471163743383993?t=2xn0UkD_P9jU34WWGvDsMw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

*Imagining this world*

Mmm, so good.

Brady getting 3 more and beating Mahomes twice would be insufferable…and yet I would suffer it gladly

Also it would mean playing for the Niners was a prerequisite to be in the GOAT conversation for WR and QB

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Running backs signing for less than the drat tag this year. Some agents need fired.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Running backs signing for less than the drat tag this year. Some agents need fired.

Not sure what a better agent is supposed to do

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Isn’t the tag for running backs just over $10 mm with the opportunity for some limited incentives?

E: Looking it up, the tag would be $10.1 mm with $900k in incentives. Jacobs is getting $11.8 mm with an additional $200k in incentives.

Russian Guyovitch fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 26, 2023

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

You should see how he looked in preseason so far.

I will never understand why playoff teams are fine going into the season without a viable backup. You're just straight up ceding every game your QB1 doesn't play.

I mean there aren't even 32 viable QB1s in the league, there definitely aren't enough backup QBs that you can expect to win a game they start. Most teams accept that if their main guy goes down for long enough, that's the season anyways. Or they'll go pick up Wentz and pray that somehow 2017 Wentz shows up (he wont).

Some teams are lucky with that and have good guys back there, but most don't cause there isn't enough quality to go around.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wentz's good games are quite good even if they only come like 25-33% of his games. Kyle Allen is disastrous always.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bip Roberts posted:

Not sure what a better agent is supposed to do

If the agent is advising a holdout and you end up with less than a tag the agent sucks.

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Isn’t the tag for running backs just over $10 mm with the opportunity for some limited incentives?

E: Looking it up, the tag would be $10.1 mm with $900k in incentives. Jacobs is getting $11.8 mm with an additional $200k in incentives.

Thought the tag was higher. Alright, decent look if he's ending up on a 1 year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Russian Guyovitch posted:

I don’t think there’s any incentives involved with the tag it’s just “you get this much fully guaranteed this year”. So Jacobs got himself about $2mil above the tag. Not a ton in NFL star terms but with the RB market being what it is he’ll take the W I’m sure.

I’m not aware of anyone who got tagged and then cut a deal for less. Although Saquon’s is a bit of an eyebrow raise. He basically signed for the value of the tag plus some very minor incentives that are not at all a slam dunk to hit (I think the Giants have to make the playoffs for them to even be in play?)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Did Jacobs' deal include a no-franchise clause? I feel like if you're holding out against the tag and don't get a long term deal then a no-tag clause would be somewhat of a priority. Is that a particularly rare thing for teams to include? It seems like I've heard of a few players getting that included in their deals.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Inspector 34 posted:

Did Jacobs' deal include a no-franchise clause? I feel like if you're holding out against the tag and don't get a long term deal then a no-tag clause would be somewhat of a priority. Is that a particularly rare thing for teams to include? It seems like I've heard of a few players getting that included in their deals.

https://twitter.com/VinnyBonsignore/status/1695499030363566359

Nope lol

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

It is worth noting, however, that the tag is either the average based on top 5 players at position or 20% more than their last year's salary - whichever is higher - so if they tag him next year they will have to pay 20% more than the 1 year deal salary and not just what the base tag value that year would be.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alaois posted:

Look man, we're being represented here primarily by Daltos and mcmagic and formerly KJI. The rest of us need to help out

I did not know things were so dire.

The Philadelphia Eagles are good football team, and they will win. The superbowl will be the Chiefs/Eagles once again with the opposite outcome.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Depends on the field conditions

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I finally finished Quarterback and gosh darn it I think I like Kirk Cousins, terrible opinions notwithstanding.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rogue0071 posted:

It is worth noting, however, that the tag is either the average based on top 5 players at position or 20% more than their last year's salary - whichever is higher - so if they tag him next year they will have to pay 20% more than the 1 year deal salary and not just what the base tag value that year would be.

Which is why what Jacobs did is good job security in an atmosphere where owners can dictate the market

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

MakaVillian posted:

I finally finished Quarterback and gosh darn it I think I like Kirk Cousins, terrible opinions notwithstanding.

I get the impression that Kirk Cousins has the personality that Russell Wilson pretends to have.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I got the impression that Kirk has a room full of severed toes in his house. Confirming priors but dude came off as a huge weirdo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1695599409201893621

The Bucs are going to be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad

iPhone Money
Nov 4, 2009
Nah.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ryan Jensen's career is likely over due to his knee injury suffered July 2022

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1695600766721937590

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

Won the division without him last year, probably will again. Hainsey is fine at center.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

TBH Lance to Ravens made a lot of sense with how banged up they've been in the backfield in general. Having someone that could at least do a half bad impersonation of Lamar wouldn't be terrible. Cowboys still seems like a good move from a depth and kick the tyres perspective. A bad one from the media scrutiny and Dak's up and down play one though.

Docjowles posted:

I got the impression that Kirk has a room full of severed toes in his house. Confirming priors but dude came off as a huge weirdo

It is kind of weird that there's just a regular christian family man who in any other plane of existence is probably a claims adjuster and deacon at his church but instead he's a god tier athlete and one of the best 20 in the world at the hardest position in sports. It just doesn't fit.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

Won the division without him last year, probably will again. Hainsey is fine at center.

Winning the division with Baker as QB? lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

Winning the division with Baker as QB? lol

Have you seen the other QBs

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Just because you can't see him behind a small box does not mean Bryce can be discounted.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

MakaVillian posted:

It made me like him more, mahomes less, and still have no opinion on mariota

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd call the Saints odds on favorites except betting against the oldest, shallowest teams has worked well for me, so I'm not gonna change.

I think the only team I can't see realistically winning it is the Panthers... Falcons I think are fun, but their defense is probably awful and their offense looks more fun then good. I don't think the Buccaneers have a good chance to win the division, but there's a chance.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Just because you can't see him behind a small box does not mean Bryce can be discounted.

I like the Panthers and am rooting for them. I think they're a year away

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

I get the impression that Kirk Cousins has the personality that Russell Wilson pretends to have.

Part of why Russ comes across so fake is that there’s at least three incompatible personalities he pretends to have.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love my team and always will but the realist in me is very worried that Ekwonu has gone from his last 8 games or so looking like a true franchise left tackle to having some glaring errors. I really hope its just the inconsistency of live fire in camp/preseason and a couple games he finds his feet again, but it's really worrying given how many tackles have gone from looking like future elites their rookie year to falling off a cliff as a sophmore and becoming a liability for the rest of their career.

Combine that with a lack of depth across the board from stupid Matt Rhule and his dumb college system defense and a lack of crown jewel at wide receiver it could be a bit of a worry. Hopefully the full offense with Sanders as the fulltime back leads to some smoother offensive performances.

I still think 9 wins is attainable and a good goal though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Falcons I think are fun, but their defense is probably awful and their offense looks more fun then good.

Since I am not the betting type this is the type of team I'm always going to cheer from afar. If you can create shootouts in some fashion (yet to be determined), whether or not you win them, I'm probably going to like you.

I'm probably going to hate you if I actually am a fan, but other than that I'm good with it. We do have a quarterback problem going on with the Falcons that might make that rough though. Which is a shame, on that side of the ball there are a lot of working parts it seems to me.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1695604286774763725

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

With the South being so mediocre, you guys are probably going to win too much to get the #1 pick.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cards vs Bucs deathmatch

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

https://i.imgur.com/v0ibgTj.mp4

There are three guys this year that could have easily came out last year and been top 5 except they were all 20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, but how do they score on that Mensa test

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a neat cape posted:

Derek Carr is whatever, but he's way better than Baker

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Derek Carr is whatever, but he's way better than Baker

He's also very good at underperforming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Cards vs Bucs deathmatch

The Buccs are going to easily triple the Cardinals win total.