Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Buccs are going to easily triple the Cardinals win total.

i believe in my terrible no good very bad team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah, Baker be damned but the defense will be good enough to drag them to at least 6 wins.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Winning the division with Baker as QB? lol

I agree but the 2022 Seahawks are going to give me brain worms forever. Like I thought they were going to make a run at 0-17 helmed by Geno and instead they make the drat playoffs

I don’t think the Bucs will be good but they have enough talent around Baker in a poo poo division that they shouldn’t be serious contenders for Caleb either. If anything maybe they are contenders to trade for Kyler after the Cards land Caleb lol cause they’ll be in that annoying middle ground where you can’t seriously compete but you also can’t draft a franchise QB

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Is this NFL+ poo poo only on phones and tablets, or can I watch it on my Apple TVs as well? $40/year to watch my Browns games in California would be a good deal if the Browns didn’t loving suck.

If it’s only on phones and tablets, can I airplay or screen mirror to Apple TV, or do they close off that loophole?

Streaming sites have been pretty dogshit for the past couple years and I just want to pay some money to watch the Browns, but definitely not the $400 or whatever the Sunday ticket crap is.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Harlock posted:

Dallas is just one of the more bizarre teams for someone to land. Spending actual resources, even if it's less essential ones on a QB3 because of that new rule seems like mismanagement because if you even get to that point of needing said QB, a lot has gone wrong along the way.

Teams like Atlanta, Washington, or even as a joke - Denver seemed like more immediate places that make more sense for a guy who needs reps to see if he's just a mystery bag or a person who can play. Being buried in the Dallas depth chart just seems like it's over for him until 2025, if he even gets a chance then.

The best place for him would've been the Cardinals, but for obvious reasons that wasn't going to happen.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

indigi posted:

yeah that's what they mean by luck. Lance didn’t get those opportunities to shine in games; he got a monsoon and then like 20 minutes before he was injured. Purdy obviously wasn't hot poo poo in training camp or practice last season but he managed to execute the offense when given the chance; Lance didn’t really get one, his "limited opportunities" were even more limited

false. there was talk about how poised he was in practice, and how he had to practice with the starting defense etc... The commentators used this as filler during the game that Purdy played. The 49ers didn't even hype up anything Lance did to up his trade value, dumping him to 3rd string was a pretty big indicator of Lance not even being able to execute in practice.

EDIT
https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/8/31/23330294/49ers-brock-purdy-53
https://theathletic.com/3525914/2022/08/21/nate-sudfeld-brock-purdy-49ers-qb2/

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 27, 2023

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, Baker be damned but the defense will be good enough to drag them to at least 6 3 wins.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Is this NFL+ poo poo only on phones and tablets, or can I watch it on my Apple TVs as well? $40/year to watch my Browns games in California would be a good deal if the Browns didn’t loving suck.

If it’s only on phones and tablets, can I airplay or screen mirror to Apple TV, or do they close off that loophole?

Streaming sites have been pretty dogshit for the past couple years and I just want to pay some money to watch the Browns, but definitely not the $400 or whatever the Sunday ticket crap is.

If you know someone in college, Youtube TV has student pricing for Sunday Ticket for $110 (+$10 to add Redzone).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it should be $30 to watch every game or $10 for redzone, or $35 for the combo. make it be that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll work on it but no promises

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I think it's on TV apps too. This is my plan for the same reason, but I haven't signed up yet to avoid paying for an extra month.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Incitatus posted:

false. there was talk about how poised he was in practice, and how he had to practice with the starting defense etc... The commentators used this as filler during the game that Purdy played. The 49ers didn't even hype up anything Lance did to up his trade value, dumping him to 3rd string was a pretty big indicator of Lance not even being able to execute in practice.

EDIT
https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/8/31/23330294/49ers-brock-purdy-53
https://theathletic.com/3525914/2022/08/21/nate-sudfeld-brock-purdy-49ers-qb2/

quote:

At the very least, Purdy might complicate the 49ers’ decision-making process in advance of the 53-man roster cutdown

yeah they really called him hot poo poo. what high praise. you're right

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Woozie66 posted:

I think it's on TV apps too. This is my plan for the same reason, but I haven't signed up yet to avoid paying for an extra month.

You are going to be disappointed (by more than just the Browns):

“The NFL” posted:

Yes! NFL+ will work on connected TV devices like Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV. For a full list of supported devices click here.

You will need to download the NFL App on your connected TV. If you have already signed up for an NFL+ or NFL+ Premium subscription, you will also need to sign in with your NFL account credentials.

Please note: some features of NFL+ are limited to viewing on a phone or tablet.

Those “features limited to viewing on a phone or tablet” are games and redzone.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

indigi posted:

yeah they really called him hot poo poo. what high praise. you're right

im glad to have enlightened you

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

Well, time to get an HDMI adapter for my tablet I guess. Sigh.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Woozie66 posted:

Up your data plan too because they claim you can only watch over cellular, no WiFi allowed

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Woozie66 posted:

I've seen this blocked, just like screen mirroring .

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

...oh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1695776671809392766

Rutgers!!!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

YOLOsubmarine posted:

3 x 0 = 0

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Freaquency posted:

Up your data plan too because they claim you can only watch over cellular, no WiFi allowed

This scam has layers, drat.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1695817489882468468?t=BjivDEj66B7H9TJjolxwvw&s=19

Depth trade, always fun. Always rare to see straight up swaps.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Incitatus posted:

The 49ers didn't even hype up anything Lance did to up his trade value, dumping him to 3rd string was a pretty big indicator of Lance not even being able to execute in practice.

I wish Johnny had done a breakdown on Darnold for comparison, but here's Trey's performance in week 2. That's way better than week 1, but not good enough. I still think we were lucky to get a 4th for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB5Gchy9cVo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Get a small camera, plug it into your tv and point it at your phone

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Freaquency posted:

Wait, really? Where did you see that? How would that even work if you're watching on a computer?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I'm happy because our tackle depth is godawful. Strong has flashed, but so inconsistently they signed Zeke

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I hope Melvin Gordon goes away.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Edna Mode posted:

Wait, really? Where did you see that? How would that even work if you're watching on a computer?

Here’s the NFL+ FAQ:

So no watching on a computer anyway. A few days ago it said it also said it only supported viewing over cellular connections, but they quietly removed that bit. Archive.org shows it here, though.

I am guessing that all of this is tangled up in the TV rights deals the NFL made so it’s not going to get any better for a while.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
If the cellular data isn't actually a thing, can't you set chrome to emulate a mobile device?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It's so stupid they limit it to tablets and phones

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Lol wtf

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

I hope Melvin Gordon goes away.

He's the least of our problems. This pass defense is going to be absolutely ridiculously terrible. See this is what I've been saying how it makes no sense to sink all this money and draft picks into the secondary instead of pass rush. It doesn't matter how good those players are if you can't get to the passer. We did draft Oweh and Ojabo but both are bad. The only reason Ojabo will be on this team is because we sunk a 2nd round pick into him otherwise he'd be getting cut.

That's why the Ravens are such a bad 3rd and long team on defense. Because we have no one who can get after the passer and regularly beat one on one blockers. So the QB either has forever to throw or we send extra guys and create openings that way.

That's why to me the Ravens are a 3rd or 4th place team in the AFC North this year unless the Monken offense really is as advertised. We are going to have to be scoring most drives.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

He's the least of our problems. This pass defense is going to be absolutely ridiculously terrible. See this is what I've been saying how it makes no sense to sink all this money and draft picks into the secondary instead of pass rush. It doesn't matter how good those players are if you can't get to the passer. We did draft Oweh and Ojabo but both are bad. The only reason Ojabo will be on this team is because we sunk a 2nd round pick into him otherwise he'd be getting cut.

That's why the Ravens are such a bad 3rd and long team on defense. Because we have no one who can get after the passer and regularly beat one on one blockers. So the QB either has forever to throw or we send extra guys and create openings that way.

That's why to me the Ravens are a 3rd or 4th place team in the AFC North this year unless the Monken offense really is as advertised. We are going to have to be scoring most drives.

I just want him to go away is all

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I just want him to go away is all

I don't know why we even have him. Our main three RBs are fine plus Mitchell looked solid. I think Justice Hill is super underrated and could be another Priest Holmes to whoever is lucky enough to get him.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
You probably have him because your running back corps tends to look like the Battle of the Somme by week 5

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

You probably have him because your running back corps tends to look like the Battle of the Somme by week 5

Isn't that all of them though? Also a couple of our guys were on extended recoveries last year from bad injuries the previous year. And we had another guy Mitchell who looks solid and probably less expensive.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

To be fair that's just the natural state of the team

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I paid 80 bucks for NFL+ Premium Annual then read about the no computers or TVs bullshit and tried to get it refunded and they refused. It's just 80 dollars but it's for nothing. Who the gently caress wants to watch a football game on their phone suck my balls

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I currently work on Sundays so I'm thinking I'll get it just for the game replays, so I can watch after I get out of work. The replays are usually up pretty quickly, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Edna Mode posted:

Wait, really? How would that even work

This reaction is an excellent summary of the NFLs streaming “strategy”. I dunno when the boomer rear end sports media will capitulate and meet viewers where they are but it can’t come soon enough